They switch their respective rogues galleries. Who can deal with their new enemies better?

They switch their respective rogues galleries. Who can deal with their new enemies better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Spider-man will kill more villains. But, he will ultimately will lose. Because Gotham is curse city.

I think batman can beat several of spider-man villains. But, he will be crush by doctor ock.

Last time I saw one of these the consensus was that Batman would be physically broken and Spider-Man would be mentally broken.

Is this even a question?
Spiderman deals with superpowered mutant enemies on a daily basis
Batman deals more with criminal masterminds

Spiderman easily overpowers/outmaneuvers the Joker, Two-Face, etc.
Spiderman is strong enough to lift a small car, so bane wouldn't be a huge problem either.

This seems about right.
Scarecrow could probably wreck Spidey no problem.

>Spider-Man would be mentally broken
nah, if you mean by the need to use plans and gadgets and shit, he's got most of it covered by his super powers, plus him being a competent inventor
If you mean by how fuked up Gotham's loonies are, you might have a point but remember spidey has dealt with plenty of outright psychos, like Eddie, Cletus, dr Connors, all the fucking Osbornes plus Frank and Logan

On the other hand, the Scorpion, Lizard, and Doctor Octopus would probably stomp on batman until he's a red pulp

Yeah he probably has the best chance if he gets his toxin on spidey.

They both fail, but honestly Bruce probably quicker than Pete

unless his toxin somewhat works on his spider sense he is just a less effective mysterio

How does spiderman fail?
Most of Batman's main villains are like the side guys that Spiderman takes down with ease on his way to the superpowered mastermind.
I'd like to see how Batman handles Venom, it would be a short fight indeed.
And don't even get me started with Carnage

Spider-man stomps until he comes across Batmite where he would probably swap some Gotham kids life for one more day with uncle Ben

The moment Batman figures out that sonics are effective against symbiotes Venom and Carnage won't stand a chance. I imagine that would happen pretty quickly

Small car?

That dude can lift a fucking train car. He would wreck any of Batman's rogues without any problems.

>Batman would be physically broken

he'd get his shit slapped for the first few arcs, realise he needs to step his game up, switch to power armor then we'd get the beyond suit. only reason they haven't done it already is that batman's rogues typically don't demand it

>Spider-Man would be mentally broken.
don't buy this either, aside from joker "haha i'm a genocidal nutcase" bullshit, there's really not much there that spidey hasn't seen before.

they'd be fine, just batman would take a bit longer to adapt.

>Symbiotes weakness is sound
Batman literally had detailed plans for how to take down each and everyone of his fellow Justice Leaguers. This is the same man who has battled demons, gods, and Superman. I'm pretty sure he'd have a bat-themed gadget for Spawn-knockoff.

>don't buy this either, aside from joker "haha i'm a genocidal nutcase" bullshit, there's really not much there that spidey hasn't seen before.

Most batman villains will find a way to kill/disturb batman.

clayface would fuck spiderman up.

>carnage being held down for long by sonics
I don't think so, jim.
Not since he got that good C'Thon juice

Spider-man already has them figured out, and he is much more efficient both combat and inventiveness wise, Batman probably wouldn't survive the first encounter with Eddie, nevermind Cletus

utterly horrifying to think about: batman bonds to venom.

Nah the symbiote couldn't handle him

If Clayface can't even beat Batman how would he beat Spiderman?

Batman would get slapped around but would develop things to beat everyone easily. That's what he did with higher tier villains like Mr. Freeze and Clayface.

Spider-Man's weakness has always been his mind. This is why Mysterio gives him so much trouble. Norman is especially deadly because he attacks Peter physically and psychologically. Villains would plan and anticipate Spidey's powers and how he'd react and catch him off guard. The best villains wouldn't attack Spidey directly, they'd get him indirectly and bring him down that way.

Obligatory story where Joker has Peter's powers. It would happen.

so the symbiote just eats him
Batgod faggotry aside, how could he possibly survive an encounter with Venom, who has all of Peter's powerset and isn't a total retard? Unless he monologues or some stupid shit, Bats has no way of ountering something like that in a random encounter and without previous intel.
Carnage is more powerful and somewhat more resistant to sonics and fire, he would instantly wreck any normie, including Batman, in a matter of seconds

>he'd get his shit slapped for the first few arcs
The Lizard, Ock or Norman would have outright killed him

These are talking about Batman bonding with Venom

You seem to be talking about Batman fighting Venom

>isn't a total retard?

Did you call spider-man retard?

Oh jeez yeah, got carried away after reading the other comments about them actually fighting

On no....
How could someone who beats Sandman and Hydroman ever hope to defeat Clayface?

Spider-man would sweep up Batman's. Rogue gallery in less than a week.

No, I was saying that Eddie is somewhat competent enough even if he's nowhere near Peter or Batman's intelligence, he even managed to trap Spider-man on a cryogenic chamber after weeks of planning and baiting him, plus stalking Peter in his own home and remaining undetected, if he pulled something like that on Bruce, he could reasonably get to him and One-Hit kill him

Sandman was holding back. He isn't a killer.

>Joker flipped his shit when he fought Terry and Terry wouldn't stop joking
>Spider-Man is pretty much physically incapable of not talking shit the entire fight

hmmm

>killer croc
>mr. freeze
>bane on a glider

I doubt it since Batman has villains on the level of them. People like to elevate Peter's rogues but they're still mainly street level with powers. If anything Batman would be wrecked by the Sinister Six but only if they get him first. Otherwise he just calls for help or picks them off one by one.

And Hydroman?

>Batman: effectively fights literal gods, mutant alligators, cosmic horrors on multiple occasions
>Can't handle an uptight Catholic journalist or his monolithic serial killer friend
Big Time storyarc notwithstanding, Spider-man traditionally is a poor twenty-something, and hasn't nearly the resources Bruce has.

They're mainly street level because Peter keeps them there.

Could Batman get Kingpin locked up?

>Spiderman is strong enough to lift a small car

He's a lot stronger than that

Sandman is much more powerful than Clayface

For vatman it depends on the level of wankery. If the author is going full "batgod" then batman at worst gets slapped around a bit before pulling some retarded shit out of his ass and stomping everyone. If not, he should be able to handle a number of rogues but the more powerful ones like Venom/Carnage would destroy him instantly, unless he got lucky enough to randomly discover loud sounds affect them, and even then that's not a permanent solution.

On Spidey's end, it depends on how serious he's being. If he kids around too much he could fall for a trap from one of the more ingenious villains like Joker, but if he's going in serious they'll be on the floor faster than they can understand what happened.

Joker does to Aunt May what he did to Barbara

Croc isn't really anywhere near the level of the Lizard tho, same with Green Goblin. don't know about Freeze
Look, Im not trying to start shit, I just don't think both rogues galleries powerlevels are really comparable

Spidey can detect danger. He's not going to be surprised by a squirting flower or so ething

>implying the writer won't write some Joker wankery about how he's too unpredictable even for spider sense

He is just sucks, he isn't that smart too.

Green Goblin and the Lizard are much more powerful than Bane and Killer Croc tho. Do you even read comics?

>Being carried by people with actual powers
>Implying Peter hasn't fought against similar if not more powerful beings more regularily
Batman got his ass handed to him by Dredd and couldn't do shit when the Swamp Thing decided to wreck Gotham, he has his limits and they shouldn't get far beyond human level. Under any reasonable circunstance he would be killed by the most dangerous or least moral of Spidey's rogues
He might be able to take on Doc, Kraven, The Shocker and the Vulture tho

Croc is small time compared to most of Spideys foes in terms of strength.
Freeze has a fancy gun, he's Shocker tier to Spidey.
Goblin is Bane on a glider? That is the first time I've ever heard that comparison

Yeah, Clayface is a real genius. Spider-man would dodge everything he could throw at him and trap him even faster than Batman would. He'd come up with a chemical to freeze is ass into a statue or something.

There's no one in Batman's rogue gallery that would offer Spider-man a challenge. Maybe the Scarecrow, but that's like fighting Mysterious.

He also holdback a lot.

Spider-Man has killed like, five people, ever, and some of them weren't even villains.

That's as retarded as saying "Yeah well Superman kills HIS villains!" because he killed the Phantom Zone criminals, ignoring the fact that he fucking exiled himself from the solar system because of that.

The thing is batman fighting gods and the likes is major fucking power creep/wankery. If hadn't gone from "no powers street-level detective and crimefighter who uses gadgets and smarts to win" to "peak human, multi-style master, ninja, calculating mastermind" he would probably not do much when Darkseid&co come crashing down. Honestly if Batman hadn't become as popular as he did (which is something i don't really get either), he'd be a pretty minor character in cosmic JL matters, and would very likely end up as the "eyes in the sky" of the team.

>Yeah, Clayface is a real genius

Clayface is a mixture between the chameleon and sandman. He even trick superman by pretending to be batman.

People tend to undersell Spidey and his foes because of the nature of Spider-Man stories being street level, but really lots of his foes are quite powerful just they they either aren't that ambitious or have something personal against Spider-Man

Batman's villains are great for Batman cause most times, they are some kind of mirror to him and require him to use his mind to defeat them....Spider-Man uses his mind but in a different way, most of Spidey's villains are physical matches for him if not way stronger and he has to work around their powers, it's two completely different dynamics. Most of Spider-Man's foes are way more powerful than what Batman is used to going up against among his own rogues, and most Batman villains are probably more clever than Spidey's

In the end, I'd give it to Spidey seeing as he is not only very strong but also clever, I can see Spider-Man outsmarting Batman villains before I could see Batman overpowering Spider-Man villains, which is what is mostly comes down to

To add on this, yes Batman has his few villains who are basically the brawn vs his brain, but even those ones wouldn't be much of a match for Spider-Man in terms of brute strength, meanwhile I can't imagine many Batman villains so smart that Spider-Man couldn't be a match for them mentally, Spidey deals with the same kind of trickery all the time

Spider-Man has Ock, the Jackal, Norman and a bit of cosmic fuckery this side of Mephisto
Can't think of anything comparable from Batman, except Ra's and when he gets Luthor lended, mayybe the Court of Owls and Bane, the Joker and Strange at their absolute best

Joker would get some bullshit writer fiat to put him on the same level as spidey.

I don't think spider-man can catch the riddler.

Wally would have stopped them all.

Also: Spidey would annihilate Nigma by giving out extremely stupid but technically correct answers to his riddles.

The Joker, too, would probably get irritated by Spidey's banter. He'd escape their first encounter, then proceed to do something to make Spidey shut up. It works. Joker starts screaming because Peter bproceed to break all his bones or something.

Catwoman would pretend to be a bona-fide heroine and manage to get his help in stealing something.

>"If you lay a single finger on me, the drones fire"
>Thwip thwip thwip
>"Technically, I never laid a finger on you."

how would spiderman defeat clayface then?

>Also: Spidey would annihilate Nigma by giving out extremely stupid but technically correct answers to his riddles.

I going to stop you right there. Spider-man is a detective, but he isn't the greatest detective. He is a genius in science, but he isn't in other places.

In that situation, I'm fairly confident that Joker dies.

Same way he's ever defeated Sandman?

Spidey-sense>prep-time

Whatever a spider can>money

Batman would crush Spideys enemies
Spidey would get fucked up pretty bad

How do you figure?

Well everyone in this thread seems to be thinking like kids "superman is 100000x stronger than goku"
I was thinking from a writing perspective and creating an interesting story.
Bats would have a hard time initially due to his lack of powers, but would use his wits to overcome Spider-mans enemies.
Spidey on the other hand would maybe start with the advantage and eventually end up pretty fucking traumatised by just how fucked Gotham is. I mean, he's seen some shit, but spend some time in Goth and I think he'd crumble.
I mean, he's the good guy so he'd win... No different to the old logic of Superman and Goku being buds and not fighting - i.e. a cop out
But still, I feel he would face a larger challenge overall due to the psychology of it.

Name one thing Gotham could throw at Spidey that he hasn't seen before.

The Joker?
Shit man, get it together

>green goblin

Are you saying that Spiderman has never faced someone who knifes people before? Or shoots people? Or poisons people? Or is insane? Joker's nothing new.

>green goblin
>anywhere near as disturbed as the joker

I don't know what to tell you, except that you just don't read Spider Man.

>Spidey on the other hand would maybe start with the advantage and eventually end up pretty fucking traumatised by just how fucked Gotham is. I mean, he's seen some shit, but spend some time in Goth and I think he'd crumble.

I don't really buy that on account he spends a lot of time dealing with his guilt, and he deals with characters like Carnage or Norman Osborn or whoever. So Gotham would be a challenge (and yes, he'd have moments where he'd falter) but he'd still eventually overcome it.

>Green Goblin
>Carnage

Here is the thing they don't exsist in a vacuum and Pete would get along great with the league or even the Titans depending on what Peter you bring in. Meanwhile Batsy can't share a city and now he has to put up with Frank, Danny, Luke, Jessica, Dr. Strange, etc. and as much wankery as he gets the other heros in New York will bring him down before any of Spidey''s baddies

In Joker's defense, he regularly outmaneuvers people far, far more powerful than Batman.
One of Joker's biggest strengths is that whenever he leaves his Gotham stomping grounds, everybody is constantly underestimating him, resulting in him getting the upper hand on people who'd otherwise have no trouble beating him to a pulp.

I could see Joker being one of Peter's most formidable foes...Exactly once.
After that, Peter would figure out his shtick, out-quip him and laugh at him the way Terry did, and Joker becomes a B-villain of the week and likely resigns to staying in an asylum for the rest of his days because Spider-Man isn't the kind of broody asshole he likes to fuck with.
Assuming the Carnage symbiote doesn't inexplicably show up and find Joker's flavor of crazy more appealing than Cletus'.

agreed.

DCAU Joker gets irritated and distracted easily by a better shittalker.

youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI

It might, though. I mean, it causes a person to hallucinate about their fears, specifically. Who knows what it would do to his spider sense - for all we know, it could make it go into overdrive and register everything as a threat, like when he got Captain Universe powers

I feel like you underestimate some of the shit Peter has gone through (i.e. Grey Goblin, King Pin, or Doc Ock shit).

Court of owls
Riddler
Scarecrow
Professor pig
Etrigan
Lobo
Poison ivy

Wasn't there an issue of Untold Tales of Spider-Man where the Wizard was using the same
kind of cryptic clues the Riddler uses to distract the Human Torch and Spidey just glances at them and figures them out on the spot?

Now, see. The most important question here, is how Felicia/Selina react to

I'd think that Felicia immediately swoons over that tall dark and brooding bat dick, but would quickly get bored since Bruce is hardly the "Fun" type that Peter is.
Selina on the other hand would initially find Peter completely irritating, but would eventually start to warm up to him and find his goofy antics endearing. And she'd probably like how easy he was to manipulate with a little sex appeal.

Of course, Felicia would probably start crawling back if she ever found out Batman was a rich billionaire playboy, while Selina would likely be immediately turned off by the fact that Peter still lives with his ancient aunt despite being 30.

There is. Issue #6.

There's no way that Peter would be able to handle Pamela, either. He's a sucker for women.

>Name one thing Gotham could throw at Spidey that he hasn't seen before.

Kite-Man. The world's greatest super villain.

That goes both ways, bitches love spidey.

>can routinely beat sandman
>clayface is too much
what?

Hell yeah

>Court of Owls
Maybe
>Riddler
He dealt with the Wizard leaving clues in Untold Tales of Spider-Man #6. He may not be as good a detective as Batman, but he might be able to solve a number of Riddler's riddles.
>Scarecrow
Mysterio, Mr. Fear, etc
>Professor Pyg
Maybe
>Etrigan
what, you mean demonic characters in general? Cause there's Ghost Rider, Mephisto, and others. Jason Maecendale who was Jack O'Lantern and the second Hobgoblin got possessed by a demon for a while.
>Lobo
Maybe. But does Deadpool count?
>Poison Ivy
Did Spider-Man fight Plantman? I can't remember.

Elmer Fudd

Can't wait for Batman to get blindsided by Blindside and Paste-Pot Pete

>Spidey out jokes the Joker
>post yfw

Well shit.

All things considered Bane makes for a pretty good goblin, both are rich, have enhanced strength and endurance due to a serum, both have completely wreck their hero and knew/know their identity.

>Did Spider-Man fight Plantman? I can't remember.

If he seduce by black cat. He never going to beat poison ivy. His only chance is his spider-sense.

>Gotham
>The Main Man
Wanna run by me how you go made that leap in logic Clyde?