Jerry Smith is our guy

Jerry from "Rick and Morty" is accidentally is the most relatable character of this show.
The authors intend him to be a punchbag loser, which he is in the show, but for wrong reasons.
Let's take a closer look at his family. His wife is a cruel egoistic sociopath with INTENSE daddy issues and she basically views her family as a burden.
Rick, honestly, is just some stranger who lives in his house, has about as much respect for him as for a piece of furniture and has absolute authority over anyone in the family just because.
Morty is retarded. Like, literally retarded. It's wasn't mentioned since the first episode, but there's that. The only person who treats Jerry with some decency.
Summer is a fucking walking stereotype of obnoxious millennial teenager who only faced 1st world problems in her life and still thinks she has shitty life and is entitled to some special treatment.

And yeah, Jerry's father is literally a cuckold and his mother is being fucked by some random black dude.

And there's Jerry. Jerry is a bit stupid, a bit simple, he's average, he has flaws, and he gets to be treated like shit by everyone for merely being that.

He loves his wife, he loves his children, he even loved and was passionate about his rather pointless and mundane job. He took his responsibility and married Beth after she got pregnant. And yet he has to deal with everyone's shit while everyone is accusing HIM for being an annoying worthless asshole. Well, fuck everyone, I root for Jerry.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ymC0_pRU2Q4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sleepy Gary > Jerry

In the context of the cartoon Sleepy Gary is imaginary flawless person and Jerry is real person, so kind of pointless to bring him up. Sleepy Gary is better than anyone by default.

No, he's shitty. He puts his family in danger to save himself.

I don't really blame him. In contrast, Rick abandoned entire fucking humanity just to get comfy.

what did Justin Roiland mean by this?

"Our guy" my ass. He's just the part of the american human condition that we don't like in ourselves.

Why wouldn't she just block him, or hell, just stop replying to him. Nope, better wait till he's famous so I can EXPOSE! him. I'll never understand this "guy wanting to fuck me is creepy" mentality either.

>admitting to being a beta
Wew lad

The amount of people who identify with Jerry is seriously depressing. I mean, anyone who identifies with any of the characters is pretty fucked.

Why don't people get this worked up over any other beta characters?

>Summer is a fucking walking stereotype of obnoxious millennial teenager who only faced 1st world problems in her life and still thinks she has shitty life and is entitled to some special treatment.

Sounds more like this is our guy.

Face it, Morty is already the "straightman" in the show. Everything that jerry is suppose to be in the show is already represented in morty. Morty is the normal character through into wacky situations. Jerry exist to explain Morty and Rick's relationship and to explain morty's nature. Beyond that he's deadweight to the show.

The writers only fuck up was making the the first Jerry be able to stand up to himself and murder the Cronenburg people. Which only shows us that he's a murderer seeing how the cronenburg-verse is a normal society with jerry slaughtering them without taking to time to understand the situation.

He's racist and sexist... for some reason!!

Morty is not a straight man, he's a fluctuating plot device.

Yeah.
I agree

Why the hell are there so many threads about Jerry now? I like him, but seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

>OP: I relate to the dumb guy!
I bet you do.

I think it's a collective response to SJW bullshit the writers trying to "casually" push down our throat.

Look at Jerry! He's racists and sexist because he is a white male! Did we mention he's a loser? Oh boy, doesn't he remind you of some particular *cough* *Trump voters* *cough* *conservatives* *cough* someone from real life! Look at him go, how pathetic! His wife is a psychopath, but she is smart independent woman, so it's totally OK because nihilism.

I guess I don't have high enough IQ to understand the humor of Rick and Morty either.

>most relatable character
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

>1 monsters actions excuses anothers

>trying to "casually" push down our throat.
do they also make you sit down in front of your tv or computer to watch Rick and Morty religiously every sunday? thats your own choice user. Dont go to McDonalds and start to bitch when they dont have pizza and instead try and sell you the worlds best burger

That's a major issue I have with the show. They try so hard to make Jerry unlikeable (especially in season 2), and it backfires. Rick's speech about Jerry being a predator doesn't even work unless you go entirely by Jerry's negative aspects and not the fact that he steps up every time he has to, and has been the backbone of his family for years.

> Dont go to McDonalds and start to bitch when they dont have pizza and instead try and sell you the worlds best burger
>Only go to McDonalds and start to bitch when they don't have that Mulan Szechuan sauce

>Cyril
The thing is that's Cyril cheated on a 10/10 and blames everyone but himself, and is only wormy in order to con others into keeping him around.

Jerry honestly steps up when needed, so it's easy to relate to him because you know he's doing his best.

I don't excuse him, he is a coward. It's understandable. It's human nature. He makes bad decisions because he is afraid of responsibility for his previous bad decisions, and get punished by that, unlike other characters.

And it's not like he knew that alien girlfriend of his is going to attempt to kill his children. Yes, it was likely to happen, but it's not like that he smart enough to admit the likelihood of such possibility.

There are people here who used to be huge fans of R&M, but now l hear a lot of people calling the new season shit.

GEE! I wonder if there are any reasons for that? There might be MANY reasons for that, but l wonder if CERTAIN ones float upwards faster than others.

Well, at least someone gets our point.

I'm not trying to say that Jerry is some kind of archetype of Sup Forums users, I'm saying that he deserves our sympathy more than any other character in the show.
The way writers make a punching bag of him more and more with each season is just bad character development and a cheap way to push some kind of agenda they have.

I would like to see you not react if your local McDonald's would suddenly start to put spit and shit in every burger.

>More people consecutively watch this show than the past two seasons.
>Nobody forces them to
>If the people that didnt like the show stopped watching like any normal person then theyve long been replaced by people that do like watching it
1 person making 8 threads to call a show shit because theyre triggered by the sjw boogeyman doesnt exactly make a majority, just an echo chamber

Jerry reminds Sup Forums of all their spineless dads probably. Lot of children of divorce here, if I had to guess.

I feel bad for Jerry because even though he's a fuck up he's universally shit on 100% of the time even though everyone in the family fucks up way worse.

Rick has personally caused an unimaginable amount of pain and destruction, morty goes kill crazy how many times? Summer has always been a selfish cunt and beth has always been a straight sociopath but none of them are punished for it.

>Jerry honestly steps up when needed

RIP Gobo

A spineless dad is still better than one that straight doesn't give a fuck about you.

>Jerry caring about his kids
and which universe is that?

See here: reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/72ceab/how_was_jerry_racist_and_sexist/

>1 person making 8 threads to call a show shit because theyre triggered by the sjw boogeyman

Wow, I understand the writers now.

I guess it's just feels good to combine all the opinions you don't like and apply them to a single imaginary person and then apply all the negative traits you can think of to that person, and therefore all those opinions.

This way it feels like you have all those people agreeing with you and just one loser weirdo with his strange ideas instead of possibility that your opinion may not be the only objectively right one.

>Jerry isn't racist-

I thought summer's racism and sexist thing was becasue of Jerry insulting his alien girlfriend a bunch of times.

its a TV show user. They dont need you to agree with them to fit in. its entertainment, not Sup Forums

it was but people want to push their own agenda into it and make you feel sorry for them

>1 person making 8 threads to call a show shit because theyre triggered by the sjw boogeyman doesnt exactly make a majority, just an echo chamber

You're thinking in the realm of Sup Forums (and even then, it is possible that there is more that one, but l guess that idea is too crazy for some), go outside this realm and you will find the woke, the shitpopes, normies and pseudo-normies on twatter, identityminebook, gayb, even a few on plebbit and some other hole in the web saying that season 3 should have been an Episode 3.

Did Jerry have a problem with him being black, or that he was screwing his mom?

The issue is that Jerry's character is too inconsistent. Rick has always been a self-destructive asshole, Beth has always been a bitch, and Summer and Morty are actually developing based on their experiences. But Jerry will develop and odo something admirable in one episode, then suddenly it's forgotten about and he's painted as a worm in the next one like he's never done anything positive.

I don't think he expected her to go murder rampage on his kids.

thats by choice on jerrys part. do you want him to get a trophy every time he does 1 thing right like itll redeems how horrible a person he'll be 1 week from now?

Screwing his mom while his dad watched from a closet wearing a superman costume.

this is why i liked the part at the end where rick calls to let Jerry know he killed the alien who was coming to get him.

remember Jerry doing the science project with Morty?

No, but I want consistency if they are going to serialize the show they way they have been. If he's the worst person ever, show me in a way that isn't obviously forced and out of sync to previous episodes.

It may be depressing but not exactly surprising. What kind of people do you think populate Sup Forums's Comics & Cartoons board? I'd say Sup Forumsmrads relating to a sad sack Jerry instead of intelligent and nihilistic Rick seems a sign of maturity.

Also Sup Forums nerds going "REE BETAS!!!" reaks of deep seated self-hate.

>reddit.com/r/rickandmorty
Kill yourself, faggot!

It wasn't meant to show that Rick cares for Jerry, it was meant to be more like "Rick casually deals with a mortal threat to Jerry off-screen just to proceed fucking his ex-girlfriend, did you get that Jerry is a loser already?"

You know you are a worthless sub-human peace of shit when even Pewdiepie calls you out

youtube.com/watch?v=ymC0_pRU2Q4

No he's not.

>people are inconsistent
waaaaaahhhhhhh. its almost like Jerry isnt a cookie cut out of a bad guy and the writers wrote his character so well that we have 4 threads up right now of Jerry Apologist

Jerry became the most relatable after they started turning Morty into Rick Jr.

Banishing Jerry and Morty becoming jaded was completely turned off the dynamic of the show. Jerry is too spineless to be relatable and act as straightman and Morty losing his empathy and values just makes him fade into the background of the rest of his family. The show is basically Rick + nihilist now instead of Rick and Morty. Morty, Summer, and Beth have basically taken on their own Rickish traits. So no matter who is Rick's sidekick for the episode, every episode is the same, and that sucks.

of course he did, that's why he told her it was his kids fault, so he would be safe instead

I remember it was more about Jerry's sense of self worth than anything else.

>Sup Forums cancer memes
>Reddit spacing
>Identifying with Jerry of all people
So much cancer in one post.

I like how that isn't even an argument.

There's a difference between a character having various moods and pushing something that you consistently showed he isn't, or at least is not enough of to warrant the negativity.

But it's ok user, go ahead and do the "waahhhh" thing so you can feel like your comment actually told me anything beyond "I don't know what I'm talking about."

Not as much as in my uncle's ass.

He was such a faggot.

And Rick doesn't?

ricky ticky ta mulan schezuan sauce, hahAH
SCHEZUAN SAUCE DISPROVES GOD
BECAUSE THERE IS NONE *urrp* MORTY
SCHEZUAN SAUCE RICKY TA GOTTA DIP THE *braap* IN THE SCHEZUAN
SCHEZUAN RICK HAHA BOOM
DIP IT IN *uurp* THE RICKY TICKY SCHEZUAAAAN

You forgot your pic friend

>Jerry from "Rick and Morty" is accidentally is the most relatable character of this show.
Only if you are a spineless, pathetic loser yourself.

>Name drops Sup Forums
>Gets triggered over "reddit spacing" a fake meme created by Sup Forums to dismiss arguments.
>Handwaves the whole argument with no augment at all.

You should take a look at your self.

They're all shitty people, user. None of them are role models except to morons.

Divorce kid here, Jerry is nothing like my dad. Hell my dad is closer to Rick.

Oh, so that's why you hate Rick and feel sympathy for Jerry

I don't hate fictional characters because I'm not autistic. My dad's an ass though, that's pretty universally agreed upon.

Well unlike you, people may not like certain aspects of other people but don't want to cut off their friendship with them.

You just identify with them?

All the Jerry episodes are the best episodes.

>Specifically, she called him a "beta male sexist." Probably because he seeks relationships with powerful women to feel powerful himself. He submits to these women and then resents them for being smarter, stronger, whatever, than he is.
When did Jerry ever show resentment towards his new gf? Also whats wrong with seeking a relationship with a powerful woman to feel powerful yourself? The whole point of a relationship is that you should be with someone who make YOU a better person. Dating a skank who will bring you down through baggage is not something anyone wants.

Jerry needs a hug. Hes a fictional character and stuff but the writers clearly use every scene to its fullest potential to belittle him.
All the characters have issues but have some sympathy traits too.
Rick is irresponsible and tries to escape from everything to feel good but he is smart and sometimes a nice guy.
Morty is stupid and clumsy but he is also sometimes brave andactually clever.
Beth is a sociopath and a creep but loves her family and now is supposed to be smart
Summer is a bitchy millenial but also is good in tough situations.
Jerry is just... well... a loser. Everything that happens to him happens just so you know this is the loser character that you should laugh at.
I dont want to laugh at him, i want to hug him

>Beth has always been a bitch
She got the worst character change in this season, she went from an alcoholic horse surgeon to a literal psychopath for no good reason.

Typical trap for morons. OP is attempting to insinuate that people who criticize R&M's writing and treatment of Jerry's character relate to him, and are therefore Jerryists, or Jerrybros.

Are you me?
>t. Divorced kid whos dad is an old /sci/ dude who is a massive chad

Does it fucking look like friendship to you when the chick is spilling this shit on the internet in a way that could fuck up his career?
I've kept friends I have issues with for 20 years but I don't go around insulting them both in public and behind their back.

This.
The whole episode fucked with her personality. She never showed she was that smart or that violent. She was an average bitchy baby boomer mom.
Seriously that came from nowhere

Are you trying to imply that identifying with characters is autistic?

My dad is more Sup Forums than /sci/ but close enough.

>in season 1 the family was dysfunctional but still together, jerry's and beth's marriage was shaky but they would always get together by the end of the episodes
>dan gets a divorce
>family goes to shit and everyone hates each other and is fucking crazy and nihilistic, parodical lightheartedness is replaced by legit vileness
fuck dan

Because how else can she get attention, sympathy, and a possible settlement. Dont be mad because you didnt try it first.

How is this bad compared to an alpha who seeks relationships with weak and vulnerable women he can dominate and feel even more powerful?
Where are the writers even getting their definitions from, the beta cuck is not sexist, he's the white knight who puts all women above himself.

He said nothing but the truth

Because sensitive assholes got triggered.

I do root for him, but it was hard when he held Frippy Pibbles or whatever at gunpoint, and even harder when he tried to kill Rick.

Who's the person who made this post?

a roastie

Why is he sexist?

>Wahhh I'm offended because this one white male character in a cartoon gets shit on so it means the writers obviously have an agenda against white males, even though Rick is also a white male and a titular character and hailed as the most intelligent and competent person in the universe and gets away with literal murder all the time.

Jerry is a shitty person, but can we all agree that it's disingenuous to consider Jerry's character flaws to be equivalent in any way to Rick's? Jerry is not a good person, but he's not a good person in a very mundane, human way. Rick literally goes around casually killing people that annoy him, committing genocide, and dooming entire dimensions in his wake.

haven't you considered the fact that morty and summer deserve to die?

This is spam.
You've posted this in every rick and morty thread.

And there's generally 10 to 12 of them at any given time.

>even harder when he tried to kill Rick.
The argument made against Rick in that episode was more than compelling. Especially considering Rick intentionally sabotaged Jerry's marriage just so he could get his way to just have fun without any interest or care for the wellbeing of Jerry's family. Rick _is_ dangerous to everyone around him, keeping him alive and around yourself is fucking stupid.

This is why you can't mix comedy and drama, people read way into the dramatic parts and think it's authentic when the show is supposed to make fun of the characters. They're all shitty in their own ways. If you identify with him it's because you sympathize with guys like him.

Yeah bit after he sees the truth he backs down and tells the truth even though he knows it will get his ass kicked?

Jerry is the most normal and the one that puts the most effort into the wellbeing of others. He's a coward and a fucking idiot and has a lot of other flaws, but he's the most moral and redeemable character by a mile and the only one that isn't entirely self centered.

I think the people that identify with him just do so because all the other members of the family are basically just inhuman monsters at this point.