Thoughts on this masterpiece?

thoughts on this masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=miWGMMnHk2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop making threads for this piece of shit. It's shilling and nothing more.

Watched it all this morning, first episode was pretty meh, then I kinda grew interested. More so for the world I guess. Jaden can't act for shit and I don't know if that benefits the show or harms it.

If a season 2 happens, I'll watch it.

Off topic

It taught me no one on Sup Forums read Great Expectations in high school.

I don't get why people call it satire but it is genuinly kino.
Well I kind of get the satire but I don't understand people that call it so bad it's good.

It gave me this shot. It's ok.

I too enjoy forced memes.

people complain that it can't be satire because the characters who complain about how vapid their surroundings are, are hypocritical. but that's the fucking point of satire; redditors can't handle entertainment unless it has a 4th wall breaking cynic who explains the meaning of the show in very in-depth and easy-to-swallow explanations.

That's a big Toblerone.

I should clarify. I know it's satire of high society. I don't get how it's satire of anime.

Japan is starting to make fan art.

jaden smith can't act for shit, which only makes the sub-par writing more grating

For some reason I thought S1 would have 12 eps, so I made it to ep 6, realized it was all over, and felt a strange sense of yearning.
I guess I enjoyed it, overall

VA - Terrible
Art - Terrible

Everything is terrible

Don't talk to me or my son ever again

Mostly because it just ended right when things were happening, so now you want to know what happens next.

I admit, I'm kinda interested too.

It always felt like there was an underlying plot with each episode. It gets revealed on the last two episodes

The main character is a melodramatic kid with neon colored hair who was born with magical powers and is trying to be the #1 on a literal billboard in the middle of the city.

Have you watched anime?

I heard that he was holding a tolberone at some point. Has he made a "it hurts my hands" reference yet? thats literally all I care about

i found it hard to sit through

they've made it then

Not yet, but I'm waiting for it now.

The arguments over whether it's satire or just shit are more entertaining than the show itself.

I feel like aunt Agatha is up to something

It make me think how much it'd suck to be Will Smith. Every time you ask your son what his day was like, he'd blurt out some pseudo-philosophical nonsense instead of anything a human would actually say.

Oh right I get it now.
That part seems more sincere than the high society satire though.

do you not know that will smith is a Scientologist

So that's why I couldn't remember the line. It was never in the show.
What's the hurts my hand from?

The pilot of the mechabutler is the best character on the show, and I feel that a surly but mischievous older figure following him around mocking him at every stage is exactly what the character needs. I hope she has a stronger presence in S2

>being a herb
>2017
wew

Neo Yokio is a western cartoon made with an all-western cast distributed in the west. It's not anime.

What? Are giant Toblerones real?

Yes? Why wouldn't they be real?

He's not a herb, he's my homie!

She was cute.

I want lewds

The running gag about the midnight blue tux was by far the funniest part of the show.

I'm not going to support this just out of irony and I hate you all for trying to meme it to success.

Eh. Thought it was a thing the show made up. Like when I thought the Booty Warrior was made up. Or when I thought South Park made up scientology. And when I thought Rick and Morty made up Titanic reenactment amusement parks. And when I thought King of the Hill made up Chuck Mangione. And when-

Jesus fuck, I need to watch more news.

>Arcangelo showing up to the party with the midnight blue tux
I let out an audible "you bitch."

>Titanic reenactment amusement parks.
Wait, those are an actual thing? Thats the only thing out of that list I didn't know was a thing

It's just an old meme with Toblerone.

cause of the way its shaped, if you hold it wrong the pointy bits hurt your hand.

Are they any good in real life? I seen meme chocolate for years without trying them.

I'd say theyre pretty good. Haven't had them in forever though.

If getting people to buy Toblerone was this show's goal, they succeeded because now im in the mood to get one.

It's just pretty good chocolate.

I really don't get why people hate it so much. Watched it with my roommate and we thought it was hilarious. After episode 1 it's very clearly supposed to be a comedy and not be taken seriously

Shut the fuck up, you old money fuckboi

>Kaz's cousin is immediately defensive about the fact that he had water magic
That was one of the more subltle things I enjoyed, since water is usually depicted as being weak shit in media

>the asuka

Archangelo is perfect and the only good part of this show
The rest seems like the warped worldly perspective of somebody who has never had to work at an actual job or feed themself

>Archangelo is perfect and the only good part of this show
>The rest seems like the warped worldly perspective of somebody who has never had to work at an actual job or feed themself

The character who has the "warped worldly perspective of somebody who has never had to work at an actual job or feed themself" is the perfect one?

That's a big toblerone
>There's an even bigger toblerone behind
Holy crap

>Soviet Union still a thing
>Quebec seems to have secede
>ruble currency standard
>Mexico below the ocean

The show grew on me

>when I thought King of the Hill made up Chuck Mangione
user pls, Chuck Mangione is great

You forgot Italy and Japan combining.

There's also a trans-Atlantic train to Greenwich that just sort of exists.

Toblerone is great.

Someone from a western country thinking neo yokio is garbage is one thing, but I have no idea what a nipponese could get out of the show with its context and the way it's written.

I brought some yesterday myself.
Probably drove up sales of the big ones a bit too.

Toblerone is pretty good. It's not top tier luxury chocolate or anything, but much more worth the money than a hershey bar.

Next they will tell me the rock star from miraculous ladybug is real.

I think there are ones even bigger than the one in the show.

I'm 4 minutes in and I can't continue. The voice acting is shit. My friend told me it's good and she watched all of it and it "critiques consumerism" so I should give it a try but everything after the intro was awful.

There is a 5 minute sequence in this show where Jaden Smith walks up to a guy paying his respects to his dead wife by spraying her grave with her favorite perfume, and critiques him for not using a modern chic perfume that women are into these days
This scene is written with no hint of sarcasm or humor
That's what I'm talking about

Mila is cute as fuck, bros

The joke is it's a tv show.

Kaz cares more about fashion and trends than the connection the guy has between himself and his wife. It links up well with Helena's arc.

Also there's definitely some absurdity in how much he went on and on. Also Kaz was visiting his own gravestone.

I hope he doesnt turn out to be some sort of villain. I want to believe he truly wants to be Jaden's friend.

I wouldn't mind if they went with the "I only antagonize you because I secretly admire you" route too.

I don't think it's a satire of high society. Given that it was created by Ezra Koenig, it's more like fetishism of high society, right?

It's legitimately great. I went in expecting a show I'd need to force myself through an episode of, ended up enjoying it both ironically and unironically at the same time. It captures the humorous visual and tonal incongruity of abridged anime, tacks on a weird pseudo-intellectual theme revolving around vapid capitalist culture, while also framing the hero's struggles entirely within that culture; despite this, every character is likable, and by the end of the show you want to see what happens to them next. It's something that I can't even imagine getting made in the first place, yet here it is.

I really hope it does well enough for a second season, though I'm not even sure if it could be continued without being overly influenced by fans.

I like it

4 u

>masterpiece.
It's shit, but ironically, it's actually good, it's the anime version of The Room, and we know this is not intended.

>booty warriors
What?

S-sauce?

I hope he means Keijo.

Choose your poison

>keijo
I hate that shit

lawful evil
youtube.com/watch?v=miWGMMnHk2E

>all those drawings
Who is even putting in that kind of effort for this show

Never thought I would say this but.
Chaotic evil.

>Toblerone
>not Big Toblerone

That should be Kaz and his uncle

Is the show a satire of consumerism, with Helena as a mouthpiece for the creator?

Or is it a celebration of consumerism, and Helena is satire?

I think it's a satire of satire.

I enjoy how it's triggering weebs. Also, genuinely funny.

Not creators, apparently

did anyone bring their vape?

It's hard to tell. Helena is shown as a total wet blanket in the beginning and ineffectual, but Kaz eventually comes around to seeing that she might have a valid point

Why is he so perfect?

>splitting it the wrong way
STOP

Netflix shouldn't have marketed it like a straightfaced 'anime' in the same vein as Castlevania. It's closer to something people would see on adult swim.

chaotic good

this show is fucking dumb and I really want a season two

Lambasts everybody.

>Sacura

Is she ever not based?

Not gay, but neutral good looks cute desu

i thought they were a couple because of the intro and was surprised when it turned out they weren't, they look good together