Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U7rPIg7ZNQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=qxpap_syBt0
youtu.be/v-1MQ0Cnbhs
youtube.com/watch?v=AqtpNkMvj5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One Day is a fucking meme and deserved to be treated like one

It was just a bit of banter

its not "banter" he would have need to hit a 6 for us to draw but they would not even let that happen

What's happening here

australian cowardice

Lmao are kiwis still salty about this?

Why maybe lose the game, when you could win. He bowled a winning bowl, batter should've Happy Gilmore'd for a six. Instead he has a tanty and throws his bat like the loser.

Oy cricket, mate, amirite?!

Seriously, no one knows what the fuck this shit is about.

If Australia bowled a cheap shot *underarm* which is not against the rules (just unconventional) it would secure their victory because he could not get enough points by hitting the ball properly.

Nu-Zedies still salty, I see.

What the fuck am I even watching? I don't think this semen slurping sport is for me

No honour? , Come off it you fucken sheep fucker.

Your country is an embarassment

Too used to watching Niggerball, huh sweetheart?

If memeing 5/10, if serious gtfo

I take it this is like intentionally walking a batter in baseball. No chance for a play, but legal pitches.

>not scooping the ball up with the bat over the fence for a six
>defelecting responsibility and blaming others for losing

you were the loser then and sounds like you are the one acting like one even now

>not scooping the ball up with the bat over the fence for a six
how the hell can you hit it with an underarm

>He would rather watch men softly toss their balls at another man than the greatest display of burst athleticism in the world
Truly a cuck
youtu.be/U7rPIg7ZNQ8

there.

thats hilarious

So cricket allows pitchers to get a Happy Gilmore style running start?

Yeah, they're pussies and can't throw for shit, so they need the running start.

CHAPPELL IS A FUCKING CROOK. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN LOCKED UP FOR THAT SHIT

FUCK YOU KIWI YOU LITTLE CUNT, GET OUT OF FUCKING BRISBANE REEEEE

What's going on here?

I dont take dick up the ass so I know nothing about cricket

>mummy can I play some rugby with my friends in the anglosphere?
>now now you can't be playing those sort of rough sports unless you wrap yourself up in padding and wear a helmet
>you are too precious to mummy to have anything happen to your pretty face
>I love you mummy

faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=qxpap_syBt0

New Zealand is batting. Australia is bowling.

This was the World Cup, and New Zealand needed 6 runs to tie the game off the ball (the last ball of the game). If Australia bowled (pitched, threw, what ever you want to call it) a proper delivery (overarm), the New Zealand batsman could've hit it in the air for a 6, but because the ball was being rolled on the ground, it was literally impossible to hit it for a 6.

Imagine in like baseball or something if you needed a homerun to win the game, and the pitcher pitched a ball that he just rolled on the ground (and this was a legal delivery). They couldn't possibly hit a homerun and they would be guaranteed to lose the game.

The thing is, at the time this was a legal delivery, just no one ever did it because it was a fucking jewish thing to do. We did it to win the World Cup, though, and New Zealand's hobbit hole still hasn't recovered.

tl;dr new zealand got bantzed the fuck out

Why is there a second batter standing next to the pitcher? Do they play ping pong if the regular batter hits the ball straight up the middle?

Can't handle the bants I see.

it's just a game, why you heff to be mad?

at the time it was legal, pretty sure they changed the rules after this

How many bases does this stupid ass game have where you can hit a 6 run homer?

another bogan excusing his cowardace and lack of understanding about the spirit of the game and true sportsmanship, you ruined the ancient and noble game of cricket

>they have to edit it little bang sound effects
Straight fucking cunt shit senpai. I'm pretty sure more people watch the Super Bowl every year than anyone has ever watched criket and rugby
>inb4 poverty ball aka 90 minutes of standing
youtu.be/v-1MQ0Cnbhs

No wonder you cunts are brain damaged.

This was at the end of the game where a new zealander tried to claim he caught a ball that clearly bounced.
>spirit of the game
>sportsmanship

you can't even tackle they are just running into each other

Tbhfam most alpha display I've ever seen on television. Stay beta sheep fucker.

There is a ring boundary around the field if you reach it after the ball has hit the ground you get 4 runs if it goes over you get 6. I.e wacking out of of the field. Otherwise runs are scored by both batters running up and down the pitch similar to baseball bases where if the ball is delivered to them before they arrive they are out.

>he'd rather watch 2 sweaty dudes slowly drag each other down, like his uncle in the attic

>not watching the eternal Anglo sports like tennis or golf

Tennis and golf are gayer than getting fucked in the ass

Takes more athleticism and skill than any sports mentioned combined

>Golf takes athleticism
Yeah tennis is for faggot, couple of men grunting for an hour really interested you bub?

I'm trying to picture this - so there's a fence around the field, and if you hit it over you get 6 runs? But if you just hit it somewhere inside the fence and make it to first base then you only get 4 runs, but some fielders get a chance to throw you out at first.

youtube.com/watch?v=AqtpNkMvj5Y

Not the grunting part, but the fact they're able to volley a projectile at such high speeds at such close distance while maintaining extreme control over the ball is pretty impressive. And who's to say tennis' athleticism isn't enough to trump all of said sports? I can guarantee your fat ass can't wobble up and down a court for a whole match

>Ball is off the ground
Do you even have eyes?

also the games last up to 5 days

Yeah being able to hit a ball into a 50×50 square is real impressive you autistic faggot

It cheapened the win, imo.

Cricket...possibly the only 'sport' more boring than Baseball (mainly because it takes fucking days to finish).

Why does this still exist outside poo-in-loo country?

>Ball is off the ground
>excuses from another sore loser country

what's next? the ball isn't round enough? the boundary fence is too far? bloody hell, m8, does cheese come with that w(h)ine?

>And who's to say tennis' athleticism isn't enough to trump all of said sports?

I'm to say.

Hockey is the most athletic sport.

What is this shit?

>people take this seriously as a sport

I said mentioned in the thread, but hockey is patrician taste famalam

i don't get it, i don't watch sandnigger sports

It's easy for kids to play and draws national attention when it plays

Cricket isn't really played among clubs like MLB is, It's played among countries and It's good to just have on TV while it's being played and actually going to games is an event you plan for and is just as much about the event as It is about the game, for example my friends & I plan to travel for Brisbane and stay overnight in a motel just to go watch the Day-Night test match with Pakistan

With that said, the Big Bash League is a domestic club based League that is pretty new and gaining popularity very quickly, but they don't play "regular" cricket, they play Twenty20, which restricts the number of overs to 20. Games only go for like ~2.5-3 hours and the game is played much faster because the batters play more aggressively because they have far less balls to score off.

Also worth noting that Australia, like America, plays a ton of different sports. Cricket is something that the entire country enjoys, whereas with Rugby League and AFL, the popularity is split down regional lines so that Australia has these two large sports leagues that only half the country actually pays attention to. It's pretty weird honestly. It'd be like if the South and North East watched NFL, but the Midwest and West watched some other sport entirely and there was only minimal cross over.

so does anyone play and watch union in australia

You know how I know you're some Brampladeshian loo-poo?

Because the country is literally a bunch of criminals?

How do you think Australia started?

>All this kiwi salt

They do but It's far less popular than League

In terms of total popularity It'd be like

1. Cricket***
2-3. AFL/Rugby League (About equal in size, "which is bigger" is a topic that starts many arguments. AFL is larger when you compare by some metrics, League is larger when you compare by others)
4. Soccer
5. Rugby Union

I'd say Cricket is more popular than either AFL or Rugby League, but combined AFL and Rugby are more popular.

Fair to say that a lot of people who follow League will also watch large International Union games like the World Cup, but Super Rugby isn't that huge.

It's a fucking retarded game regardless.

This was logically the correct thing to do in this situation
Ends justify the memes

>Cricket

Who fucking cares?

As a burger I watch AFL on occasion and really like it.

Cricket bores me, however. Maybe the short version is better, but I've never seen it

how?

holy shit is soccer really more popular then union

Only polys and some private school fags

>The crowd applauding after the last bowl
>Suck shit

>AFL is larger when you compare by some metrics

I've seen cricket stadiums packed for AFL games. The standard NRL game gets about 35k from what I can tell

here is our list

1. rugby union
1.1 World Cup
1.2 Super Rugby
1.3 Mitre 10 Cup
2. Test Cricket
3. Rugby League(only warriors-also islanders really love league)
4. Horse Racing

Soccer is literally only followed by wogs. Kids with shitty parents force their kids to play it instead of based elite and muscular Aussie Rules and Rugby League.

Only wogs follow it and if you ask anyone outside of Lelbourne or Shitney about it they'll have no idea what you're on about.

>Only polys
really cause polys here watch far more league than union

>sri lankan

what the dicks were they doing sailing to Straya?

>Horse racing behind league

Fucking Netball is unironically more popular than league here. Not with men obviously. But women eat that shit up. Kiwi's only "care" about League when the Warriors make the play off's. NZ sport fans are by and large Glory supporters

soccer is only played by kids here however some shity people watch the english teams also wellington have a team that is apparently good but that city is full of fags

agreed but its still more popular than union

>Kiwi's only "care" about League when the Warriors make the play off's
I trust you don't know many samoans and tongans

No, I live in the South thank God

islander league teams get together to fight maori gangs

They're both about the same

Yeah there are some really large AFL teams, and AFL just pulls WAY more people to their games in person. NRL has far smaller in person crowds, but has more TV viewers and the large NRL games (Grand Final, State of Origin, International Games) all get watched on TV more than the AFL Grand Final

Worth noting that the Grand Final attendance is at max capacity for AFL and NRL. NRL will never beat AFL in Grand Final attendance simply because Circle Stadiums have a higher capacity than Rectangle stadiums.

I wouldn't know where to rank other sports, but Horse Racing, Motor Racing, Golf and Tennis are all pretty popular in Australia too.

Horse racing is only big here because it used to be the only sport which you could legally gamble on

Besides Ice Hockey which I actually like, what do leafs play?

Great job at confusing the fuck out of all the Americans on Sup Forums

As for Australia - we're fucking watching you, cunts

Hide the sausage.

It makes me appreciate the logic and simplicity of baseball.

It's not only wogs.

I don't know where you live but I live on the Sunshine Coast and know an absolute ton of people that follow both European soccer and the A-League, and am friends with many people who play soccer, indoor soccer and futsal. I've been along to a couple of Roar games with them, crowds are only like 10000-15000, but I can tell you that the people there are not wogs.

We have our own American football league and soccer is so-so. Theres a push in at least Quebec to bring back baseball too

Cricket's really simple though. Anybody who says they don't understand it never tried to.

Learn to play Baseball faggots

One Day Cricket is about going and getting drunk as fuck for 9 hours and yelling at the girls as they walk past the crowd

Test Cricket is basically the same except it lasts for 5 days and you may not have a winner or loser at the end.

TLDR; Drinking in the hot sun all day for 1-5 days. Cricket happens somewhere beyond your drunken focus point

it briefly got popular in the nineties but then they introduced a 2-hour version of Cricket and that was that

>The All Blacks have a win rate of 77%
>Australia haven't won at Eden Park since 1986

Why is every other team so shit?

Fair enough, still makes very little sense though.

This desu, wonder what the Pajeets do?

It makes perfect sense

>Niggerball

My sides for some reason