So how are we liking DC's Metal so far?

So how are we liking DC's Metal so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/artwork/9bgYq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its pretty metal

It's goofy shit. I'm loving it

It's hella fun. I felt like the first issue had way too much dialogue and narration, but the second issue was everything I want in an event book

Metal itself is great. The prelude was shit.

Love it.

it's pretty fun

I'm loving all the DCU cameos too

It'so bad it's good

I normally hate Snyder but it's been so balls to the wall Silver Age that I've actually been enjoying it.

I skimmed the Hawk stuff although I'm sure that's the best part to a lot of Hawkfags. Overall pretty good.

>hella fun
>hella

It's just campy enough to be enjoyable

You're hella gay.

Marvel ought to take notes.

And fire their entire staff.

It's fun.

It makes no sense, but it's fun enough that I don't think too much about the sense part

>Marvel ought to take notes

Heroes fighting evil versions of heroes with a similar hero motif is kind of Marvel's thing but I'm sure they'll try to copy this as well in some twisted game of telephone.

>liking
not the side of the spectrum I'd start on. I'd begin with something more akin to "was mostly apathetic if annoyed by it" and moved to "getting sick of fucking hearing about it."

And yes, I fucking hate the word "fun". I find it completely fucking weightless. The concept of enjoyment is one I, heh, enjoy quite a bit. And I am provided no such thing by stories as fucking stupid as metal, it's asspulls, it's stupid fucking baby darkseid or the fact that batman is CLEARLY (even if I don't agree with the over-saturation claims) being fucking wanked.

Red death was actually kinda cool though.

It's trash. But inoffensive trash.

I kind of wish we could get cool shit like that mech in a regular story.
I get the feeling they were saving it for metal to hook people early.

Love it. The must fun I've had with an event in years. The art is pretty decent and the designs are so over-the-top, you can't help but like them.

It's stupid
I love it the edgy bats following flashbat is great

dumb but fun.

usually the best you can hope for with events

Fantastic. Anyone who can't like a book as fun as Metal should get off Sup Forums

It's complete shit and I'm actually kind of surprised that Sup Forums at large is sucking its dick so hard

>And yes, I fucking hate the word "fun"
So teen, and so stupid.

It is cool seeing an evil Batman for once.

Quit after reading The Forge after that ''Joker is the key to all of this'' shit. And seeing that 90s tier cringe page with all the edgy Batmen I have zero interest in reading further.

if only

I like it. I'm already planning on a montage of all the silly shit we'll be seeing during the event.

I'm really curious to see if they can top Bruce holding Babyseid and Barry strapped on the "Cosmic Batmobile"

All in all, a very pleasant surprise for me so far, considering I dislike Snyder's Batman.

> The concept of enjoyment is one I, heh, enjoy quite a bit.

You strike me as the kid in school who thought sports were dumb because you were "too smart" for them or some shit.

very entertaining, at least

At first I was annoyed by Snyder's shit writing and the parade of pointless cameos, but after Red Death Im starting to enjoy the ride. Its stupid, but maybe thats the point

That Meta Humans being Metal Humans really soared me, but the event has been trying its best to win me over and may if it keeps things up. But damn changing metas, magic and everything to be metal was dumb.

you either stopped there or didn't read the other sentence. but sure, call a grown ass man a teen. that proves whatever point you were making.

played four and loved them all. soccer for the passing and tactics, football for the hitting, basketball also for the passing but also the defense (I didn't have the bast shot), tennis because it was a solo sport. You know what word I didn't need to use there? fun. because it's weightless.

the following sentences really just confirm that you're an edgy teen, even if you're in a "man's" body

This shit is hilarious coming from someone defending Metal.

I hate Metal but you're still an edgy teen

Phenomenal point.

I thought so

I never questioned if you did or not. The fact that you repeated it three times would seem to evidence the point sufficiently.

>I want you to call me a faggot so I can call you an edgy teen again
the post

Leave faggot. You haven't made a single point that wasn't centered on me. Discuss the shitty ass comic or get your Tyrell-posting faggot ass out of here.

Why did Dream show up? Does it have something to do with the Dark Multiverse being the subconscious of the Multiverse?

>isn't this thing cool? Look how craAaAaAzy this event is, with its random cameos and wacky happenstances!

Gems are a metal right?
I'm so confused where Gemworld fits on the Multiuniversity map thing, but this would be a perfect time to bring back Amethyst

It's dumb as fuck but it knows that. I'm enjoying it so far, I hope it doesn't descend into "deep" metacommentary.

>played four and loved them all. soccer for the passing and tactics, football for the hitting, basketball also for the passing but also the defense (I didn't have the bast shot), tennis because it was a solo sport. You know what word I didn't need to use there? fun. because it's weightless.
>People on this board still don't believe in reptile people
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

The map specifically says it is part of ghe Dreaming.

>Gems are a metal right?
No, you high school drop out.

It's a garbage event for DC standards.

It's pretty good if you like Batman, silly-edgy shit, and don't mind every other character being fodder for Batmans.

Gems are rocks, the fuck?

It's okay. I appreciate that it's not taking itself too seriously and it's throwing some decent batshit concepts out there, but the pacing is so terrible, and I'm not all that impressed with the idea of the evil Batmen, especially from a design standpoint.

well Plastic isn't supposed to be Metal either, but Snyder-science?

Yeah? I think all the evil Batmen look pretty good, the only one I don't like is the Dawnbreaker one.

Bloodlines > Metal
>Bring back Anima

Lets just hold off before jumping to that conclusion until the event is over and we see exactly what is happening with that if just because it might be Snyder writing badly by poorly conveying ok ideas and situations to the reader instead of Snyder writing badly by writing bad ideas and situations.

IIRC the last time he showed up in mainstream DC was when Earth was being attacked by a superweapon sun hellbent on destroying the world... I think. It was a Morrison arc for JLA.

yes, diamonds are the hardest metal known to man

The forge and the cadting were terrible but metal is great.

No, that's Dragonforce.

That's my problem with it.
I love metal but not every fucking thing has to be connected to it.

I'm liking it. I hope it has a good ending, because hasn't been any good at endings for long events (like 52) and I fear it's creeping into the normal comics. Like Flashpoint, on down to things like Justice League. FP was a smaller event then 52 (one year without a superman), more like a ramped up Mirror Universe story for Flash. The point is the bigger the event, the more the writers just forget what's supposed to happen in the ending.

Gemworld is a part of dream as in the sandman dream.

Wait no it's called the dreaming ain't it.

There is probably another reason not revealed yet, but that Dream is technically related to the Hawk family. He is Carter Hall's grandson, and Batman was reading Hall's journal in the first issue.

52 wasn't an event

I think what broke it for me was fucking namba parbat.

Murder Machine is pretty good, if not a little too dark.

Like, damn, Alfred got the Knightfall treatment and then Bats and friends just kick the shit out of Vic. I'm liking the tie-ins and one-shots far better than the mainline story though.

No, the last time he showed up was to bring his parents Hector Hall (Silver Scarab, Sandman and Doctor Fate) and Lyta Hall (Fury) into the Dreaming after they died. Johns' Justice Society.

The comic 52, it was a big long event. 52 issues on stands throughout the year. Because single issue things are called normal comic books.

yes, I know

it's not an event

It was not an event, there were no crossovers.

>So how are we liking DC's Metal so far?
>we

>Choose for me Sup Forums! I can't think on my own

It's reddit the event.

It's out there, but it isn't nonsense.

I was never a fan of the concept of something being so stupid it's fun since it rarely is so it's a no go for me. It might be better than most of the Marvel events that outright piss people off as a strategy to push sales but it lack any meat behind it beyond stringing along a bunch of "stupidly awesome" moments with a weak thread.

Well shit, if that's your issue then n52 already changed all magic to science following Pandora's story into Forever Evil.

Yes, diamonds are the hardest metal.

well what do you think?

It's ok to be bad when you're DC

80/20 split. The 20 being fun nazis.

Snyder has been putting stupid over the top shit in his stories since his Batman run. He could never execute it for shit.
Snyder is a capable writer, but he aims too low when writing capeshit. He should just fuck off if he's not interested.

>Snyder is a capable writer
I have never seen evidence of this in all his writing

You commited to reading all his shit even though you didn't like it?

The newly discovered substance Batmanium is now the hardest metal known to man.

if I'm going to dislike something as much as I dislike Snyder's writing, I want to be sure

Wake began good, and After death was good.

>Snyder is a capable writer
For someone that just apes Morrison's Batman run.
GordonBats was fun, even if he had a stupid haircut.

You're a complex man i'd like to share a beer with.

He has written more than capeshit.

Makes me wonder how many AU/Elseworlds stories over the years have been Dark Multiverse worlds that were doomed to die compared to one of the 52 Earths.

Interested to see the origins they come up with for the others. Red Death was funny.

I absolutely hated the first issue. I was expecting some balls-to-the-wall wild alternate universe shit, and instead I got like two dozen pages of masturbatory comic-nerd exposition. Why do DC comics always turn out that way? Does the series improve with issue 2?

>Batmanium is a diamond
checkmate, sciencefags

No, but there's a cute baby that saves it.

>Interested to see the origins they come up with for the others.

Murder Machine has something to do with Alfred being killed by Bane artstation.com/artwork/9bgYq

reee casual scum