*Simultaneously manages to write both the GOAT and the WOAT comics*

*Simultaneously manages to write both the GOAT and the WOAT comics*

How is this even possible?

hes basically the alan moore of our generation

That describes Warren Ellis for me.

David Croenenberg made eXistenZ, which is simultaneously a really good movie, and a really bad movie.

Sometimes people end up on both ends of the spectrum.

He swings for the fences.

Everyone has his 7x1 now and then

To do great things you've gotta take risks.

Not every gamble pays off.

>That describes Warren Ellis for me.
He wishes he was Ellis. Millar suffers from an inferiority complex from being in the same generation as Ellis and Morrison. Everything he does is overcompensation for the fact he will never be as regarded as Ellis and GMoz.

Let's not forget Ennis, but yeah.

Yeah his range is incredible in terms of quality. The guy goes from retarded edgy shock value power fantasies to beautiful love letters to character tropes with subtlety and the perfect tone.

Millar only deals in extremes.

It's simple man, it's called ghostwriting. I've never seen a more obvious example from a legit "superstar" author. You can clearly see it back when he was Morrison's underage boy love slave. There's the stuff someone else plots out for him and he polishes up (often times very good) and the stuff he plots out and passes off to his army of millarworld moderators/unpaid interns (usually absolute shit) or the ones where he's working off complete layouts and just scripting ala Stan Lee. The fucker even talks up his modern day carnival barker/Stan Lee image.

On a side note, the one I can't quite place is 1985. That seems to me to be the only legit one he's written solo and came out well above average. It's this weird singular thing that is way better than it has any reason to be

...He wrote something good? How long did I sleep?

What fucking GOAT comics did he ever write? The best thing he's written is Red Son and he needed fucking Morrison to help him with it.

He didn't write anything good in two decades.

If by gamble, you mean stories safe enough for adaptation.

He hasn't written anything good since Morrison stopped checking over his work and giving him material.

So he's Jim Davis?

Millar gets superheroes like Miller and Moore do

Except he's had more critical and commercial success than both. I know comics journalism is retarded but lets not pretend that Ultimates and Civil War are not the most lauded big 2 comics of the Millennium. I mean for fuck's sake journalists somehow found Civil War to be a compelling tale while finding Superman Beyond incomprehensible garbage. As for the era he came up in, he literally was mentored by Morrison, so it's hard to feel inferior when the guy was co-writing books with him. At worst you can go for a "I hate my ex" angle with their split up. I don't even think Ellis is on Millar's radar frankly. He got to do the Midnighter/Apollo wedding, Ellis got to do a kiss on the cheek, I think that sums up that relationship.

At least he will always have Red Son even though it suposedly wasn't all his idea.

>E-Everything bad he wrote himself but everything good he didn't
Nah, this is just babby's first mental gymnastics. And using the Marvel Method is not ghostwriting you fucking retard.

>collapsing womb

The only good thing he wrote were the Superman Adventures and that was cause he was literally starving and actually had editors supervising his work so he doesn't step out of line