Action Comics #988 Storytime

The Secret Origin of Mr. Oz!

"The Oz Effect" Part Two.

Nice to see Ryan Sook on this issue.

>it's a "DC higher-ups ordered a last-minute cover change due to some change in taste shortly before final order cut-off" episode
If you want a textless version, ask DC, or Robson Rocha or Daniel Henriques on Instagram.

I never knew Wakanda was so messed up.

you know this cover is one half of a lenticular cover right?

fancy

Detective Comics: JLA: Support the official release!

>not Hub City

You just know this is going to end with Jor-El teaming up with Zod and The Eradicator.

Thank you, Op! This little arc seems so lackluster.

>It's a "Jor-El is being a cunt" episode

>Manhattan snatched Jor-El away from Krypton and redpilled him on humanity

Neato. This fits into Johns's Rebirth motif quite well.

I know people are disappointed with this reveal, but I'm honestly not sure what they wanted.

They wanted Ozymandias. I shit you not.

I really hope Sup Forums doesn't throw a fit because of that.

Not even them can go so low.

Why is he so old while she isn't

since when the fuck is Lara blond?

>Why is he so old(...)?
Marlon Brando.

Before Brando, Jor-El used to look like a pulp hero on his prime.

Jor-El and Lara never really look the same twice. Once DC moved away from the Byrne designs all bets were off.

It kinda show's only the white atrocities but it makes sense, those are the ones Americans are familiar with. And one can argue that who knows what the other screens showed.
It's not something one should get mad at.
Unless of course you have stupid articles on the internet titled "Latest Superman issue shows how horrible white history really is."

Jor-El is a bitch, I can't believe people are going to pretend to like this boring story

Whoa an African city is the worst city on earth? Not very progressive DC, look at Marvel they made Wakanda into a space empire.

>Superman: GROUNDED

>It kinda show's only the white atrocities but it makes sense
The guy had a fucking terrible experience in Africa. Such a nitpick.

their clothing was always all over the place but not her hair color

Is it time to post weird superman panels?

always, but also relevant to Jor El is better I'd say in this thread

Jesus Christ! Is Jurgans going to put some "fuck white people" shit into each issue now? The fucking crusades? Does he not know about all the jihads that happen before?

To Jor El it's just meaningless war

Eh, I mean it's one of the most casual atrocities know to mankind, atleast he showed Jesus being crucified by them kikes tho.

>It's a "Crusades were AKTUALLY good" poster

I might save this for Sup Forums when they say Superman isn't supposed to have dark stories

stop being so sensitive

did you miss the africans civil war episode that came before this page

I'm annoyed that this page will trigger people even though we just had a bunch of pages showing black people also behaving like scum

It is only bad when white people do bad things.

Man that last panel is so fucking lazy

I feel this one is relevant.

perfect

For all the bitching about their sacred cow, they wanted Ozymandias

You think the crusades were a good thing? And did you not just see "the worst city on earth" as an African hell hole? Or is it only bad when they show white people as bad?
Cry more fag

Thx for the storytime OP

I wonder why Jor-El isn't wondering more on who took him also i find he's acting way too emotionally for a scientific. The conclusion he reached by watching the History Channel is hardly rational.

Maybe he's playing a role ; Get Supes off Earth so whoever can do whatever they planned to. Idk

>Maybe he's playing a role
The newest Detective Comics definitely implies this.

You're just an anti-white bigot.

Taking from your child's plate to give a stranger is dumb

*smacks lips*
ARE YOU KIDDING ME WHITE BOI
YOUNG BLACK MEN DIE EACH DAY AND DONALD DRUMPF DOESN'T DO SHIIIEEETTT ABOUT IT

Nigs gonna nig

>jihads
If it wasn't for them, you would have been still living in your cave, caveman.

>They recorded Krytpon's demise
>Krytpon
Come on.

there's a reason it descends into civil war within three issues of every Black Panther solo

Oh shit. So this is all a lie then.

yeah.
"Oz is Jor-El, he has seen the worst of history and decided Earth doesn't deserve his son" is such a straightforward concept there's nowhere deeper to go.
the only real takeaway from this issue is that Manhat went out of his way to expose Jor-El to specific situations

Hardly the most horrible acts that mankind has ever done.
The most well known?
Sure.

anglo-saxons weren't even classified as white back then

nope, still disappointed by this reveal.

at least We know that Jor was conditioned to hate humanity, Kal just needs to show him all the good they have done.

Superman can have dark stories, but he should contrast them not conform to them. If this was the DCEU Superman he'd agree with Jor-El.

Did you miss the rest of the issue? Literally half the issue takes place in an African city which is "the worst city on Earth" and is filled with incredibly evil black people.

But sure, becasue he also showed some of the atrocities committed by white people (which would be the most well known to the reading audience) you get triggered.

Likely what's going to happen, seeing how they hyping up for Superman's idealism going against Dr Manhattan's cynicalism on words not fists.

I can smell the birth of another stupid villan. But seriously, Jol-el's reasons are so stupid and childish that I feel a vicarious embarrassment.

The Eradicator maybe, but not Zod, he blames people like him for what happened to Krypton. He sees him as an evil brute no better than humanity.

maybe they can reuse the relationship from New Krypton and be allies via their mutual friend, Non.

But they won't, it'll just take them a millenia to come around

Jor-El, you're a fucking idiot for not understanding the importance of making backups and at least storing them where another person can't casually delete them all.

Fucking Dr. Manhattan.

Hmm that's odd. I know about all those things he just learned of and I don't feel the same way about humanity.

>Doctor Manhattan saves Jor-El and teaches him about the evil of humanity
I honestly hope this isn't a fakeout, this is great.

i wanted pre-crisis lex after he disappeared during cornell's action

or prime
or time trapper
maybe braniac 5

Leave Brainiac 5 alone, he has suffered enough

>If this was the DCEU Superman he'd agree with Jor-El.

Bull fucking shit.

Man of Steel was explicitly about Superman choosing humanity over Zod.

BvS ends with Superman dying to save humanity despite everything they tried to do to him.

Congratulations on completely missing the point of those movies. You can disagree with the tone but Superman in those movies loved humanity in spite of his own self doubts and would never have sided with Mr Oz.

How did Jor-el Learn there language ?

My god, the pottery.
It's beautiful.
10/10

>crusades
>Nazis
>no Muslims on a jihad past or present
>no commies

Fuck Jergens. I can't believe this piece of shit is making me drop Action this close to issue 1000. Even if they put someone else on for that issue like Morrison I still wanted to have all of the Rebirth issues leading up to it for my collection but I can't support this piece of trash.

Sorry everyone. I didn't mean to trigger the Snyderfags, just couldn't help myself. .........just like Superman when he dragged Zod into Smallville through a 7-11 or when he said Superman was never real and ran away to a mountain.

So Manhattan saw all of human ugliness and snapped?

Doesn't that kinda defeat his character arc in Watchmen?

It's likely his powers grew after Watchmen. His ability to see space, time and probabilities might have reached a point where he sees human evil almost constantly.

I think this is just another attempt for him to break Superman and make the world darker and edgier. Why bring back his father out of all people if not to do that? It's most definitely going to end with Jor-El sacrificing himself and showing hope still exists or something like that.

He just had a African city be the worst one on Earth. You really need to rethink your life if you get mad that Nazis are shown in a negative light

this is basically just jor el as zod meh

>blue glow
MANHATAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Based Norrin for Op of the year if we do another Sup Forums awards
According to the Justice league covers Mera is blonde so don't take it too hard.