So... what'd you think...?

It was okay. Largely just an issue advertising future plot threads. Some are interesting, none of which are "must read." Definitely not worth $5.99.

How are we even posting right now? Internet is broken.

Kek

>paying for comics

Thanks for the heads up.

It was based.

Would it have been so hard to have a full page with the Richards looking down at the "camera" and Reed saying "It's time to go home." instead of the most non-committal shit ever

Shrug

Only real positive was Val coming back

It was astonishingly tone-deaf. Tried to incorporate the emotional narration of DC Rebirth but there was never a payoff like Wally returning to drive it home, so it was just basically a surface-level rethreading that was basically still hammering home the whole "we are awesome. Aren't we awesome?" angle most of the issue, instead of 'we need to embrace what we lost'.

Matter of fact Geoff Johns was due a mention in the "Special Thanks" at the last page, but it encapsulates Marvel's issues very well: they try to latch on to market trends without understanding a fraction of what makes them work.

It was a Previews Guide with higher production values, that's it...

Wolverine with the infinity gem and Valerie showing up was cool. Would have been more 'internet breaking' if we saw Reed and Sue.

>$5.99.
Really?

I know that Marveldrones are called drones for a reason, but really?

I feel like for how much they spent advertising cavengers it had very little cavengers.

But is this a Marvel Universe that deserves her?
Breetvort is already bragging about 325K sales

It ranged from indifferent to annoying and that's without taking into account the fact that it was supposed to be a big, important thing. If I take that into consideration too, it sucked.

It was rebirth but without the pay off or sense of "heart".

How many of you got to the 4-1939 reference?

Reed and sue are never coming back.

>"we are awesome. Aren't we awesome?"
>they try to latch on to market trends without understanding a fraction of what makes them work.

These are the reasons why I stopped buying / reading Marvel.

Now my money goes to DC.

Rebirth made me want to go back after ignoring New52.

Legacy made me feel like they haven't learned a thing.

The pacing was terrible, ans all the artist changes was just jarring, as well as the disconnected narrative from Val. It seemed just forced

Most of the art was good, and I was happy to see Logan and Robbie

it feel kind of stupid
>cavengers
>starbrand adressing robbie´s ghost rider as part of the ghost rider legacy
>Sam going back to be his own man, which is not being captain america
>Teen Jean Grey searching for his legacy in wolverine grave...because she know him too well for 5 minutes before he died.
>Wakanda intergalactic empire
>that girl in the avengers statue
>the cave painting coping jla cave painting
>that artist change that feel like nothing was connected, more like pieces of previews mashed together instead of a story.
>johnny not making the 4 in the sky if they want to hype legacy
>searching for infinity gems like they were some halfass stones
>that valeria and franklin pages without real feeling about that something relevant will happen

aw shieeeet

Some of it was decent, some of it was shit. I liked the stuff with Ghostrider, Wolverine, and Doctor Strange. Everything else fell flat. Also, how the fuck doesn't Riri know the Avengers Assemble line?

>Largely just an issue advertising future plot threads

Whatever happened to telling a story instead of advertising another story that will never happen because that story itself will just be advertising some other story in a recursive feedback loop?

I don't care about funny books. I do care about Namor, though. Still feels that the easter egg is wasted.

>How many of you got to the 4-1939 reference?
April 1939? A lot of shit happened that month. Hitler's 50th birthday.

She's the same bitch who doesn't know Thanos

It was the release of Motion Picture Funnies Weekly, the REAL first Marvel comic and Namor's debut.

Same way Aaron still doesn't know that Misty is Sam's girlfriend.

The Marvel editors are lazy in the fiction as well as the fact?

I liked his better

What was the point of this page? I feel like it's referencing something but I'm not familiar with marvel enough.

>Aaron
>into the trash it goes

The point is that you're gay.

There's a new statue on the stand (woman on the far right).

Retconning Voyager into the Avengers. Look at the woman in the statue.

There's a new person on the statue you big goof

Ah, I thought that was Janet with some weird outfit. I haven't read recent Marvel so wasn't aware of this Voyager character.

So that's it, huh? When Rebirth hit we had multiple threads for just about every bit in it going on and Sup Forums was flooded for days. Legacy hits and it's basically a "WHOMP!" sound and all we got is a half-ass "WE WUZ KREE N SHEEIITT!" going.

BRAAAAAAP: the event.

Seriously what a throwaway pile of bullshit

I've seen people say it was better structurally but I disagree. Rebirth was all about the lost history of the DCU being reclaimed. You had Pre-FP Wally and Superman showing up and getting focused on. You had the JSA and the Legion showing up and getting hinted towards. Then it ended with Wally being saved as a symbolic first step towards reclaiming that lost heritage. Finally it had Dr. Manhattan getting teased as the central antagonist going forward

Contrast that with Legacy: We don't know what the fuck is going on with Logan or how he came back. Thor continues to get shit on to shill Whor. There seems to be no fucking central theme just a bunch of plot threads. What does the Celestial have to do with the Infinity Stones? What do those have to do with Sakaar? Where does Steve tie into this? What about Tony? What's Norman's relationship to this? How do the FF tie into it all?

While DC has a central theme, Rebirth or the reclamation of a lost past, Marvel has a bunch of disconnected shit that don't relate to each other at all. It's just a bunch of previews instead of a unifying story arc.

This has been the first appearance of Voyager in MU, so you haven't missed anything.

So, they ARE acknowledging something's wrong. Maybe they won't just pretend it was always like that after all.

Ecen calling it okay at that price tag is being super generous.

dude, there is no legacy story behind it, is only an overpriced compilation of previews for the new comics marvel is pulling out.

As much as I wanted this to fail (because watching Marvel continuously lose is funny to me) I must admit I enjoyed this comic. However, from the previews of the upcoming issues next month up until December, it seems like nothing really cool is gonna happen. We get FF references here, but all I see is Marvel Two In One. That's not the sort of title I'd expect to bring the other half of the FF back. I must admit, I don't see anything exciting happen until January, with Avengers going weekly (possibly for 25 issues, all the way up until #700!!) and GotG (Because even though this Infinity Gem quest obviously is supposed to line up with the movies, the current run has been fantastic and I'd love to see /ourBub/ join it). And I think that Reed and Sue won't be back maybe until Thanos or Loki gather the stones, and need someone to stop the. Until then, I'm not gonna really care about anything that happens. Also very angry and sad that Marvel Legacy #1 didn't have Ghost Rider actually on a Mammoth. sad!

Is Voyager an OC, or a creator's pet project made MU canon like Angela?

OC I think

Because there's nothing interesting going on beyond hints about the Fantastic Four. The whole "Oh no a sleeping Celestial is on Earth, it's going to cause problems or maybe not" is something Marvel has done several times now, they did the same thing with Tiamat in X-Men before AvX

I agree which is the problem. Guess the rumor about this just keeping them afloat until the real relaunch are true.

Yeah, I'll agree with this.

Rebirth had a solid narrative of all the missing components of the DC universe returning due to reality beginning to reassert itself. The issue brought back aspects of the DC universe that people missed then you had the kicker at the end that DC's most famous reality warper may have had a hand in it. It was a new angle and it was unmistakeably "DC."

This is largely feels like a bunch of random returns of characters for no reason than to set up the next event and basically inform the reader of the current status quo. Even the big story, which revolves around Infinity "Stones" and buried Celestials, is something they've done in the past.

It's really underwhelming and it's really not spurring me to either buy the book or any other Legacy release.

Fuck this gay ass event, they bring back the Starbrand and treat him like a casual murderer when thr accidental and involuntary death of the people around him gave him a mental breakdown.

And then they just fucking kill him? Fuck Aaron and his gay shit.

I just assumed it was Janet in some sort of not-Wasp suit.

>Hype up Cavengers like it's the second coming.
>Alonso: “When Jason pitched the concept of the 1,000,000 B.C. Avengers at an editorial retreat, everyone in the room’s jaw dropped,” Alonso says. “Not just the roster and details, but the concept driving it. That’s saying something. I think he’s caught lightning in a bottle with this team, I truly do. We have big plans for them.”
>They do fucking nothing and everything that we saw in the preview pages is basically all there was of them.
>Never even had Caveman Ghost Rider riding his mammoth. It died off-page before the events of the issue.

Fucking Hell, Bendis. That's awful.

Janet changes costumes so often that this is an entirely valid mistake to make.

Not a damn lie detected.

Where is the storytime?

Thank you, the thread's already pruned when I get on the PC. I know I can find it in the archive but I'm a lazy fuck

Thank you, user.

Yeah nothing about this really excites me. I'll keep an open mind and if I hear good things I might try some stuff, but nothing about this specific issue made me feel like I needed to rush out.

>See the mammoth is dead in the previews.
>I guess this is where Ghost Rider raises up his undead mammoth to ride.
>Might be cool.
>Read the issue.
>Nope, the mammoth actually is dead.
Good job guys.

>that doesn't stop GR to raise him from the dead

>Accept the idea of Cavengers is going to happen.
>Think at least it will be at least Odin and Friends fighting shit.
>Get what we got.
I don't know what else to expect.

Lol lost history. Bs.

they whole thing is a garbage. this has made me cancel all of my marvel pulls- I will no longer be purchasing any marvel comics.

so...when are we going to have the cavengers story? Will they have their own comic? Will they displace other avenger team? Will be flashbacks and background for another stories?

Leaving all the bullshit aside (humans 1million years ago, Odin existing a million year before Norse people existed, an Iron fist million years before kung fu existed, etc. etc.) this not look very promising.

Gay

That's his point.

but was he expecting something different? this is what usually marvel pulls out

The Avengers weekly book (first issue is $4.99) will probably deal with the Cavengers, or Aaron will continue it in Thor after the "death" story

>that doesn't stop GR to raise him from the dead
Apparently it does.

My bet is that after Waid finishes his run with the "No Surrender" story, Aaron will take over the main Avengers book.

You can't really see it in that particular image, but she's on Hank's finger.

I think it perfectly encapsulates everything that is wrong with current Marvel. The pacing was horrendous, the art shifts were jarring to say the least, and the story felt incomplete.

Aaron fails at basic tenants of writing. His story lacks a narrative structure and meanders from one lose dangling plot thread to the next. His storytelling leaves a lot to be desired in the action department as well. The much advertised Cavevengers do nothing but talk and argue. The introduction and conclusion hint at a great battle but don't deliver on either count. I'm assuming Ribic couldn't be bothered to draw the action. Logan is reintroduced with no fanfare and his reintroduction feels lazy and forced. Nothing is explained. Voyager is also barely hinted at, and finally Robbie is shafted and feels out of character the whole story. Editorial completely missed the boat with his powers and skill set. He isn't a ghost rider. Danny even told him so in his original run. Aaron fails to deliver a story worth .99

Ribic feels asleep on the wheel as well. Many of his characters felt like traces or reedits of old work. Robbie's shocked expression is incredibly similar to Mr Sinister in Seret Wars. Marvel should have hired one artist for the book. The art is just too inconsistent.

If you enjoyed this your either in denial or a marvel intern. It isn't good, and leaves little hope for the future. It's just more stale, uninteresting, predictable lip service.

I'll pass.

No, he was just offering a criticism, dude, God damn.

Didn't DC try doing this once? Adding someone in the Justice League who was new, but they're saying they were there the whole time.

>Definitely not worth $5.99.
So, pray tell, what is?

$5.99 is like a McDonald's meal. How can this not be worth more than that?

>It's just a bunch of previews

All of my this.

>So, pray tell, what is?
>$5.99 is like a McDonald's meal. How can this not be worth more than that?
I'd easily take a McDonalds for lunch over this, user.

a 3.99 price tag would've been less prohibitive and potentially enticed many readers on the fence.

With my current options I'll take the Big Mac, or two DC rebirth titles.

Yeah, it was Triumph back in the 1990s

Are comics even profitable at that price? McD only gets away with such cheap food because of economies of scale.

How are people starving in America if McD is so cheap?

I think they did like 3 or more times with triumph, tomorrow woman, moon maiden, etc. And Marvel did it with the Sentry and a few months ago with Avenger X

Not an arguement.

I think Aaron said he won't be writing Avengers during Legacy.

because feels like a preview comic from Comic Free Day

Wait,so what whas the big "internet breaking" moment? Was that Logan? Or Val?

Guys, is the internet breaking? Did I miss it?

You're not really helping your argument here.

The most notable parts of DC Universe Rebirth were Wally desperately reaching out for life and the button. Rebirth's "big" moments were Wolverine casually coming back to life like it's nothing and a reminder that Sue, Reed, and their kids are still out their mapping universes (but they still won't be back any time soon). Barely anything, and yet Marlel is charging more for this comic.

A spicy McChicken, value fries, value drink and a sundae is cheaper and will make me happier both in the short term and long term compared to Legacy. I think I'll do that today with some of this week's comic budget. Thanks man.

I blame it switching artists every page for how it felt like just an ad book. It wasn't one story, it was just a bunch of clips pasted together.

but some of the clips have me a bit interested

The internet broke with the announcement of variant covers. You may have missed it. It's why it's a post apocalypyic wasteland outside.

Nobody ever said Tomorrow Woman was there the whole time, that wasn't her arc.

the thing is that nothing feels related to anything (there is not a coherent binding story behind it), is like...look this are our new stories from our new comics, the end.

>He isn't a ghost rider.

The fact that Robbie is surprised to have done a penance stare proves that the writer KNOWS he's not a real spirit of vengeance and is changing him.

I think it might have been better if they had made it one plot per issue rather than 10 at once.

it would have being nice if it were addressed in his own comic and not here trying to recon the new character.
People WANTS classical ghost rider around and marvel insist on the new one and now even makes a new step to replace it.