How's Your Webcomic? #409

We need more Eurofriends bumping the thread at night edition
It's webcomics time again! Previous discussion at went over planning the term and eventual end of a comic, so feel free to resume that.

Other urls found in this thread:

artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed
senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
discord.gg/rXMbdqP
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
youtube.com/results?search_query=how to draw comics
lmgtfy.com/?q=clip studio paint
hex-unlimited.tumblr.com/post/165809676527/page-002-patreon-general-art-blog
greenknightcomic.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag
Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
calligraphr.com

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/ (surprisingly not a typo)

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:

>DISCORD CHAT going on:
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

>Comics for makin' comics!
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics

youtube.com/results?search_query=how to draw comics

And let's not forget about the HYW Challenge! The deadline comes SOON™!

>MAIN THEME: Spiders
>SECONDARY THEME: (choose one to play around alongside the main theme!)
-Doors
-Drag Queens
-Marshmallows
>DEADLINE: September 30

Remember that you can play with the theme as you see fit, we want to see how creative you can get!

>the excitement when I have finally made my choice on this, and now it's just a matter of drawing it
>and deciding what a good style would be for a cute spider

Good luck user!

Let this be the last

NEVER

Anyone knows of any good tutorials on how to use Clip Studio Paint?

What's clip studio paint?

>the excitement of doing anything but drawing
NGMI

Anyone ever thought of giving webcomic reviews in these threads?

Saffron and The Sage guy does

www.learncsp.com
www.clipstudio.net/en/howto
Try also on smithmicro.com under the Clip Studio Paint resources.

lmgtfy.com/?q=clip studio paint

fuck off

I would definitely be interested in a critique of mine after recent plot developments

as does Sisters guy

Post link, will review.

Second page of mine went up today

hex-unlimited.tumblr.com/post/165809676527/page-002-patreon-general-art-blog

oh nice, thanks!

Uploaded the wrong version of this in the last thread, have a version that actually has backgrounds

Anyone here from the old Nsider nintendo forums. I recently came across old comics I made for them. They wouldn't make sense to anyone who wasn't a poster there.

that's pretty awesome. i love being in on in jokes

Link to your comic?

Would you guys read this? Like, basing on a single picture.

yes.
Can I?

the new Hex Unlimited is up

Potential cover for a comic that'll be going live soon.

This is probably one of the best things I've seen in these threads, so yes, absolutely.

birds are always good

Is this symbolic or...

SaffronComic.com

I'm in the process of moving each of my three comics to their own subdomain (three comics on one comicpress site = pain), so you can also bookmark sage.saffroncomic.com if you're willing to put up with the site being under construction for a few more days.

Here's one of the older ones of a series I'm working on now.
Have really been slacking recently and I have a lot ahead of me, so I need to stop slacking and write the last few pages of the arc.

I like this a lot just by the image. What's it about?
Why does the bird have a sword?

O-okay
greenknightcomic.com/ , ATM it's little over 140 pages; chapters 5 and 8 might not be sfw

shit i just plain wanna read the review of this

See I feel like nobody with that lifestyle would feel that bad. They'd be accustomed.

Not unless they get hit by some realization

Oh yeah I suppose. How would that happen in a situation like this?

Wow, thank you!
It's not done yet, I wasnt sure if I should finish it.
It's about adventures of friends (obviously, animals) with a slightly surrealistic humor and mystic notes. It is family-friendly.

Don't you guys think its messy? Pencil tone is too much dirty?

I think if you have a "family friendly" comic with people thinking about hanging themselves, you really aren't going to please anyone. It's best to just do whatever you specifically want, without any restrictions other than what you don't enjoy presenting.
I will say it looks similar in style to a newspaper comic, but it's still in need of tightening up and possibly rethinking some shapes. Heads are oddly narrow for something that seems to be calling out to me to be more Peanutsy.

Wow dude thats a lot of work done! How come I didnt hear about webcomic of such magnitude
before?

>I like this a lot just by the image. What's it about?
Sorry, user, you misunderstood me, that post was an answer to "I like this a lot just by the image. What's it about?" in that post which adressed to that post

now that I see that I have no idea how I got so lost.
okay, now giving feedback to the proper comic: I don't think it's too dirty and messy, but one or two areas could use some darker lines to make sure they're properly separated
I'm getting a great kinda Babar feel to this. It's really retro and artistic and I love that you said it's going to get surreal, because that makes me excited to see just how surreal

tfw your comics start collecting dust

Thanks, user, I'll work out weak places.

What would you want to price your comic for if you made a physical print? What do you think your comic's worth?

>How come I didnt hear about [this webcomic]

Because nobody goes looking for new webcomics.
Because nobody tells you about new webcomics.

While webcomic creators will certainly be posting about new updates to their social media, their reach only extends as far as their existing subscribers. If you find a webcomic you enjoy, tell your friends and share the update announcements. Like, Subscribe, and Share.

There should be some past and present /hyw/ contributors in here, if you want to go exploring.
>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:

As for The Green Knight specifically, they were active in these threads early on, but haven't posted works in progress as much here recently.

Three times unit print cost, rounded to something reasonable.

Does anyone else make the majority of their progress in the middle of a uni class? I can't pay attention when there are massive monster tits to draw

How do I convince myself that what I'm doing is worth my time and effort? Everything I try and do seems so stupid

you can't, it's over lad

recently followed you on tumblr. i still gotta sit down and read your comic tho.
great stuff man

>great stuff
>still haven't read it yet
doesn't sound so great

sounds like /hyw/

Unfortunately you are unique enough that no other person on the entire planet will have the same exact ideas nor will they have the same perception of a story. If you don't create your story, who will? Of course other people in the world can write better dialogue flowing into better stories, create more attractive art that envelopes the reader into fantastical worlds, all while carrying more charisma to get them to where they need to be, but that's not to say that you can't work towards your own ideal. If you never try you will never know. If you never start, you can't end. If you never take the time to work on what you are passionate about, how can anybody else have the opportunity to be passionate about it as well?

Is that idea worthy enough to keep you going?

You should clean out your tower regularly user.