I couldn't believe in God if I tried

I've even tried before. I don't have anything against the religious people except for the violent ones and scientologists. How can I believe in God and what would that change do for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
youtube.com/user/sanderson1611/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=QlBA2zp992c
themostholyrosary.com/15promises.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go to a protestant church

Kill yourself and find out for sure.

Try praying and meditating.
You need to communicate with God.
You get as much as you put in.

How to believe in God? Just start praying for him, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit to come into your heart.

Say you'll be willingly to put all your trust in Him and His son. Pray everyday, and in detail. Ask and you shall recieve. But remember, God isn't a vending machine, so just ask him for practical things that you need. Ask him to show Himself to you.

Read the bible, study the ten commandments and follow them to avoid earthly degeneracy.

Ask Jesus (Our Lord and Savior) to forgive you for your sins.

Go to a protestant Church.

Good luck, brother.

That's the number of the Holy Trinity.

You can try harder.
Benadryl is legal everywhere.

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
Don't half ass it. Tear down everything you've ever trusted to be true.

god = existance itself. Science breaks down when you get to the reasoning for why fundamental physical laws (conservation laws, causality, etc.) exist in the first place. Why is there even an existance/non-existance duality? Ask yourself, why do we exist rather than not exist? It's because non-existance itself is a subset of the idea of existance. You can't get beyond that. That idea (existance) is the all, and therefore I choose to call it god.

have you tried LSD? serious question.

I'm not even trolling- honestly, how do you communicate with a being that doesn't ever speak or show itself

Yes I have- a number of times. I did it first when I was 15 because I was in a rock band and we wanted to be like Jim Morrison and be creative

I know science is full of holes and can be extremely fallible if not downright bullshit, but that being so, doesn't make me believe in God any more. I'm okay with the idea that we just don't know the answers of reality

He does, you just need to be vigilant. Its all about your energy levels and reaching higher vibration states.

Read NIRV version, and don't go to a Catholic Church.

But HOW does ge speak to you? Or is it different for person to person? Ur vibrations sink up with his? Can you feel an invisible being reaching out TOO you, or coming from within? I don't even know how to start going about it. And im afraid itd make me super docile/complascent

Start out slow. You probably have an off understanding over what you believe "God" to be.

He's not a "being'. He's literally the Source of all existence. The one eternal light of the universe that is never-changing, and never goes out. Study hermetics and the metaphysical laws of this universe. Raise your vibration, take psychedelic drugs, experience the world to the fullest. Know yourself. Once you know yourself, you know God, because you are a fragmented aspect of His infinite consciousness. Adonai.

>and scientologists
What do you have against Scientology? Have you even read Dialetics or Battlefield Earth?
>You need to communicate with God
You can't communicate with things that aren't there.

Eh, you'll definitely be very complacent and docile; because you'll be freed from the worries and hate that this world has.

For example:
Once i asked God to help me feel less resentment towards police (the reason for the resentment is another story)

The next day, someone attempted to rob me and the police of course came to help.

Needless to say, God helped me feel less resentment.

If you ever feel low down and hopeless, try asking Jesus for help. I did once and thats the first time I was able to communicate with God and feel something.

Just don't give up, you've got plenty of time.

so you already experienced some wild shit that isn't real. religion is the same but less vibrant because you'll be sober

Trust in yourself. Stop going against the grain over the natural "flow". Trust your instincts. The people you meet in life are NOT mere coincidence. Everything you encounter in your reality is agreed upon and CREATED by you on some level. Once you stop pushing against harmful belief systems and definitions about how your life should work, there are no limits to what you can do. You're smart, OP. Keep going.

Consciousness can only arise from consciousness.

You would not be if He were not.

Fuck, why listen to me. Heres what the good book will tell you:

Proverbs 8:17 “I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.”

Deuteronomy 4:29 “But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.”

Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.”

John 4:23 “But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.”
Acts 17:26-27 “And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us.”

Fuck, it's Dianetics, not Dialetics.
>the reason for the resentment is another story
Is the story that you are a criminal scumbag?

That's the thing, I dont have a "belief system"- i've just been dealing with what I have to deal with day by day- with some planning for the future.

No I smoke weed and was arrested for it and drained for money. I live in a very corrupt area as well. Its hard seeing heroin dealers get away with dealing heroin to high school kids cause they're friends with the cops (bribe them) and i go to jail for weed. But "if you suffer for what is right, you are blessed"
Peace and Love my brother.

Firstly, what do you mean by God? fake jewgod or real god like kek?

Yeah maybe not God in the bible sense but there's definitely something. I mean how did this whole reality actually come to be, how are you sitting shitposting on a mongolian cave art drawing board, where did shit come from, yeah yeah of course you're thinking the big bang, but where did the shit for the big bang come from, etc.

more like why is there even a reality where something like the big bang is possible?

Of course there isn't a big primate in the sky that frowns when you jack off. But there are definitely systems governing reality that we cannot even begin to comprehend as humans. I think that some spiritual awe is justified when you think about stuff like that.

I think about that all the time- but i'm okay with just not knowing- why do i have to jump ftom not knowing, to saying a creator did it, let alone a conscience one or let alone one that now impedes or observes in on a single planet within that universe

more like if quantom physics has already proved that all of life is based on probality distrubtions and we eseentially live in a compooper who is da programma

oh es gud

honestly you guys are pretty dumb

I started reading the Bible a few nights ago. I started drinking heavy again and accidentally smoked crack a few times. I went to some counseling shit they have at my university, but the counselor was some Jew bitch and they put me in group counseling as well with a bunch of retards which was led by some fresh off the boat African, so I stopped going. I wound up drinking and accidentally smoking crack again, so I decided I needed to get my morals in check. I don't believe in God either, but the Bible seems to help. I've also been watching Pastor Anderson's services. I'd like to start going to church in real life, but I can't find any all white churches near me.

Here's Pastor Anderson's channel. He's pretty based:
youtube.com/user/sanderson1611/videos

And here he is denying the Holocaust. It's actually one of the better Holohoax denial videos I have seen:
youtube.com/watch?v=QlBA2zp992c

black people have some great churches.

just stay away from the god damn jews and theyre fucking psychology bullshit.

Also, I'd recommend NA, to avoid another "accident"

>asking how to believe in somethnig

you're really fucking helpless, aren't you?

start by being afraid. yes, God is watching. Yes, you will be punished for every misdoing and sin. Yes, you should be afraid. Yes, you will die, so be ready to resurrect.

you don't have a choice what you believe in

I don't know why people think you do

if you're seeking something however, you will eventually find it, just keep your mind open and with a little searching soon it'll all start to make sense

or it won't

like I said, contrary to popular belief, you don't get to choose

it chooses you

It's not believing in God so much as it is distrusting your own powers of reason. You are fallible, as a human intellect. And you should realize that, if there were a set of rules that worked well that you could adhere to, that this would produce better results than relying on your own pure logic. To decide which religion qualifies as this better set of rules is debatable, and it's very hard to decide. That question can be addressed by the idea of tradition. Think of it like evolution. The set of social rules that's survived for the longest time and produced the most prosperous people has been shown to be worthy. You may never understand fully why it is successful, but if it is then it is. If that successful system ends up being some religion that doesn't make logical sense to you, then does that really matter? If it works, then it's going to outlive anything you can dream up which you think is more logically consistent, and if your ideas fail to exist after you die then it doesn't matter if they're better by your own standard. By the standard of history, which is power and longevity, they'd have failed. Do you dig it now?

>science is full of holes and can be extremely fallible
science is a method, not an ideology
if the scientific method was unreliable we would not have all this modern technology like computers

>God watches you fap and this makes him sad
No thanks, your ayy lmao worship is fucking stupid. They want to harvest us retards.

>black people have some great churches.
They seem kind of fun, but I'm still not going.

>just stay away from the god damn jews and theyre fucking psychology bullshit.
There is no way I'm letting that kike in my head. Freud basically ruined our people on his own.

>Also, I'd recommend NA, to avoid another "accident"
If I don't drink, I won't have another accident. My problem is I can't have 1 beer. Once I start drinking, I start making bad decisions, the first of which is always to drink 15+ beers. I hate meetings though. They are always full of some of the scummiest people on earth. I know I don't seem much better, but I am.

You're not really in a place to judge. Some of the scumbags are a lot closer to God than you.

Just being honest.

You can learn a lot of lessons from those scumbags. Just avoid the obviously still using people and stick with those who have remained sober for years.

Having dogmatic tendencies both capitalism and communism can be viewed as a type of religion.
Religion and culture are (((literally))) inseparable.

Don't even try to debate me on this op

Same boat as you OP, seems to me all that would change is to have less reason to doubt and think about the world around me, in addition to being bound by inane rituals.
And i've found that the good parts of religion remain entirely functional if removed from the context of religion; the morals, the social-activity enhancing things, the little rules of thumb disguised as some other practice.

The rosary, my man
themostholyrosary.com/15promises.htm

Say a rosary everyday and I promise you you will find your way

Yeah I know- If i COULD chose I would have just been a christian long ago with lots of christian friends ad connections

>Some of the scumbags are a lot closer to God than you.
That's not really saying much. I bet homeless people are one of the most religious groups of people in the country. I just don't have a lot in common with those people. They are trying to get sober so they can get visitation with their kid who hates them once a week and pay their $200 rent so they don't get kicked out of their rooming house. I'm trying to save the white race.

Bro, you're assuming a lot of things there.

A lot of people go there because it works. All the 12 steps are essentially based on spiritual principles and building a spiritual connection.

You just are making excuses cause you're a big pussy.

You must first realise that you are broken. Since you are posting on Sup Forums, I imagine there's some element of brokenness that you know about yourself and society that you recognise.

Question everything you know. Question your beliefs about God, theism, atheism and every belief systems out there. Question science, arts, philosophy, the media, everything

Only then you will realise the importance of a genuine eternal answer to your questions.

unity in nothing

I dig a lot of that- and come to Sup Forums because of reasoning like this.. but the thing is many- nay most of the christians I know (especially within my family) seem to be no better off with this long standing belief system- it seems to bring them pain even- like when bad things happen to them, on top of that turmoil they r left wondering why God let that happen and they PAIN with the anxiety of not knowing what his plan will be next- instead of being in charge of their own destiny

I've been doing just that- questioning- hell i've questioned the existence of dinosaurs-evolution- the holocaust- what about you?

Yeah and it's not like I have ill will or think i'm better than religious people- it just isn't for me

Yes you do - it is impossible to not have beliefs, else all of your constructs of reality would fall apart the seams.

You define the limits of what you are able to achieve. The only way you can't do this is if you have a definition/belief that you can't.

You don't need to understand everything. All you need to do is follow the knowledge that you already have within you. Trust your instincts in the present moment, do some meditating if it feels right, literally nothing can go wrong.

You haven't tried very hard then.

Precisely, no need to fix what isn't broken.

But they can be useful to pay attention to for traditional reasons, i've found that some religious dietary habits can have very positive effects despite supposedly doing nothing.
But it may just have been coincidence and my love for experimenting.

believe THIS

k. keep me posted

yet you post a pepe version of Hermes Trismegistus. Doubt her cares if you believe or not pleb

Christ will save you from hell if you have faith that he is the son of God. The apostles had "very little faith" and are in heaven now.

Good. I very much have and continue to question even though I have realised that God is the ultimate answer. I've tried to question God in so many ways and He has conquered my doubts at each and every time. His love is the real deal, I can tell you that.

I Belive