Hey Arnold Thread

Now under two months until the new movie, I thought it time for a motherfucking Hey Arnold thread.

What do you want from it? Besides Football Head finding his parents or Helga-Arnold shipping.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2gadhQlr_WA
youtube.com/watch?v=f6jKyH08DSw
youtube.com/watch?v=pqlveMYt8jo
youtube.com/watch?v=7gkTcfZ1ww4
heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Episodes_that_focus_on_Helga
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All I know is that no matter how good the movie is, it won't meet Sup Forums's imaginary standards. I expect that there will be threads calling Bartlett a hack and saying overused shit like "what went wrong".

To be fair though, the only two story related things it needs to do are those mentioned in OP. So long as those are met, literally everything else could be fucked up and it would still provide more closure than anything did.

This ain't no Samurai Jack.

It's been so long since I've watched it, should I take te dive?

Mainly hyped about the soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=2gadhQlr_WA

>It's been so long since I've watched it, should I take te dive?

There's a fair bit of guff and filler, and season 1 might be a bit rougher than you remember. You should do it though. If you stick it out you get the real gem episodes like the Valentines one, Helga on the Couch, Veteran's Day and the April Fool's episode.

Jim Lang being god tier is basically guaranteed.

youtube.com/watch?v=f6jKyH08DSw

>read that as "two minutes until the new movie"

>Jim Lang being god tier is basically guaranteed.
Wow this hit me right in the nostalgia bone

You just wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=pqlveMYt8jo

I really can't believe HeyA! is getting a movie.

I know it's probably just nickelodeon wanting to make money but it's heartwarming.

youtube.com/watch?v=7gkTcfZ1ww4

I don't think it's really about the money, at least not in the short term. Perhaps if their hopes are to test the waters for a new series they could see long term profit to be made, but I somehow doubt it. I think they're desperate for some critical success and to use their old IPs to bring in some of the nostalgia people. Plus, Hey Arnold has a fuckhuge fanbase in Latin America for some reason.

>Some people are meant to be with people. And others like me... are just... different

We truly live in the best timeline

Helga has the potential to look pretty, why doesn't she just do it to get Arnold?

>why doesn't she just do it to get Arnold?

That's like half of her character. She's afraid of showing her feminine side to him so she only really does it when she knows he won't recognise her, or in a dream.

>that fucking voice

The return to status quo at the end of the first movie made me so fucking mad.

It's not quite as bad when you realise that April Fools comes afterwards, and Arnold is far more openly flirtatious with Helga in that episode.

>girlhood trembles

Just ignore its existence.

>Plus, Hey Arnold has a fuckhuge fanbase in Latin America for some reason.
The dub was pretty solid, and it got a shitton of reruns on Nick At Night and crap

At least they brought on the original creator which is more than PPG fans got with the reboot.

The reason I don't think this movie is going to suck is because Bartlett has complete total control over it. The Hey Arnold movie released in cinemas was supposed to be the shitty stop-gap TV movie before the true finale Jungle Movie. Now here we are 15 years later with a true climax. Bartlett is so crazily invested into his characters and world that he will push it to be something truly great.

Yeah I just looked at the Helga kissing Arnold clip in Spanish and the dub seemed pretty good. Though I don't speak Spanish so my opinion is basically worth jack shit.

>Helga has the potential to look pretty, why doesn't she just do it to get Arnold?
>That's like half of her character. She's afraid of showing her feminine side to him so she only really does it when she knows he won't recognise her, or in a dream.
that's the reason why I like a fanfic idea I thought up a while ago; basically Helga getting hit in the head and afterwards losing her inhibitions to hide her femininity from Arnold, finally allowing her and Arnold to get close(and since this would be AU we wouldn't need to stick a "Return to Status Quo" ending on it)

Shippers write the worst fanfics.

I post this as often as I can get away with it. It's my go to ambiguous reaction image.

Ah, I loved that hairstyle on her.

I'll openly admit my own writing skills suck too much to do anything with the idea, and I haven't really found anyone who I feel would do the idea justice either

I mean, do not throw in any cheap things like "hit on the head". If you want someone to get together, let it happen slow, and naturally.

>GIF created from stretched footage

the thing is there's not really any other good way I can picture Helga getting past her issues with publicly displaying her feminine side*, and that's kinda the core of the idea

besides it's not like Hey Arnold hasn't used cheesy cliches like that in the show anyways

*well at least without bringing in things like outright magic or anything of that sort

Perhaps she's been given strong painkillers which dope her up enough to free her temporarily of her fear of showing herself to Arnold properly. By the time she recovers she's already gone far enough into bonding with him that she isn't as afraid to show her feminine side as much. Could offer interesting plot opportunities.

It's the damn unibrow.

All I want is Arnold finding his parents and Helga.

I hope they don't reference memes are current pop culture.

I'm probably gonna marathon the show when we get closer to the premiere. Luckily the complete series plus the movie[spoiler/] is on DVD.

>bringing back Pigeon Man
But why

>>I hope they don't reference memes are current pop culture.
For some dumb faggot reason Bartlett is jumping the time period to "modern" and they have smart phones. Rhonda can be seen taking a selfie in one of the promotionals.

god fucking dammit

Doesn't make sense to me to ruin the "timeless" aesthetic of the show. Older cars, mixture of fashion senses, it was great

Every single fucking board regardless of whether it was good or not will have pieces of shits say "What went wrong"

Sup Forums does this shit every Fucking day

I think it's pretty funny he thinks there won't be "what went wrong" threads no matter how it turns out. I'll probably make at least one, it's an almost guaranteed way to get a couple hundred posts if you do it when the product is hot

Helga is the type of girl who hates doing pretty shit

Finally, someone sane.

>Perhaps she's been given strong painkillers which dope her up enough to free her temporarily of her fear of showing herself to Arnold properly. By the time she recovers she's already gone far enough into bonding with him that she isn't as afraid to show her feminine side as much. Could offer interesting plot opportunities.
you do kinda have a point, especially since we know painkillers have a very strong effect on her(the episode where she gets high on laughing gas at the dentist and ends up leaving a confession to Arnold on his answering machine)

>Helga is the type of girl who hates doing pretty shit
Idk user in all 3 of those situations she had no problems doing it. Helga was feminine before kindergarten, but she made a reputation of being rough and tough to protect herself from bullies. It's not that she hates it, but rather she's in too deep being the "tough" girl that it's hard for her to go back.

>anons want Helga to become a stereotypical shy kawaii waifu

Nigga when Helga was "helping" Arnold make Lila jealous she took full advantage of that doing all sorts of cutesy shit.

it's more that we want her to stop lying about her true feelings and personality, and that's part of it, not saying she has to stop playing baseball, watching wrestling or eating pork rinds and go full Lila, just that she needs to properly accept her feminine side

The official trailer drops October 6th at NYCC. You can see if that eases your fears a bit.

Episode?

Weird Cousin

Pretty much this.

A movie could literally bring about world peace and people would still go "What went wrong?"

Peace was a mistake

YES a Hey Arnold thread!

Watch ANY Helga episode and it's good.
heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Episodes_that_focus_on_Helga

When did this meme start?

>episodic show
>filler

Go back to Sup Forums

>Stella was unbelievably beautiful, wearing nothing but a smile

Please tell that's edited.

if I recall, Grandpa ends up skipping the page for Arnold.

Not edited, screencapped straight from the DVD. It's only on screen for about a second.

bump

So you're saying user should subject himself to Arnold Betrays Iggy?

More french exchange student Helga

Arnold Betrays Iggy should be watched just to appreciate how good the rest of the show is.

I think a large amount of the resentment towards Samurai Jack would have vanished if they'd had the Guardian actually show up in that final battle sequence even as a cameo.

Damn it Helga Pataki is not for sex.

Season 1 has a few of underappreciated episodes, like Roughin' Up.

>Olga_and_Olga
Nice one, Olga!

This stupid running joke never failed to amuse me. Then when they stopped doing it solely for laughs it gave me feels.

>Helga "Tantric Spells" Pataki is not for sex

fAWKing THIS

What was the scariest Hey Arnold story and why was it Wheezin' Ed?

>nev and the rest of WOECC fucking vanished
Most of it was pretty bad, but come on

She's 10. At least wait a few years until she's a stacked blonde bombshell.

I wanna find out how they spin Bob's Beepers. Does he now have a Cricket store or something?

And let her young innocent body go to waste?
Fuck you.

Just sayin' she was never an "innocent" character. She's one of the more "grown up" among the kids.

The one where they had to take the subway comes to mind I probably saw it at the right age that and the fact that I remember next to no episodes.

Degenerate.

Corpse Bride

>Helga isn't feminine
>wears like three dozen different feminine outfits constantly in the show
>pretty much always in girly pink

user, when their girlhood starts trembling that's when you know they're ready.

Yep, Arnold's dad wrote about a VERY passionate moment between him and Arnold's mom.

Did they just up and leave or did they give a reason why?

Reminder that one of her lines in an episode was "making my girlhood quiver". She was certainly something.

It's almost like you faggots don't even watch the fucking show.

Did Helga just have an orgasm?

Interpret it however you want. It's more of an Arnoldgasm.

Fuck you, I know for a fact that her panties are soaked.

Yes. And you weren't the one to give it to her.

>tfw too intelligent for user's base comments

>tfw no /fit/ Helga to bully me into sexual depravity

It's not fair, user. It's not fucking fair.

Fun fact: Helga and Olga are the same name, just from different countries/languages

>Olga=Slav
>Helga=German