Is there a downside of having extraordinary intellectual capabilities?

is there a downside of having extraordinary intellectual capabilities?

Autism, mainly.

Yes - we are often unhappy

It's a curse. Ignorance is bliss poo.

yes this world is run and operated by idiots.

yes, knowing you could be of use to people and society even though you have no opportunities to actually do it and probably never will. I'm sure theres at least one person out there somewhere that is like that. it aint me though.

no van persie.
ignorance leads to destruction

inability to communicate.
one man can never even compare to a team of men
It would be better to have 2 men of average IQ than one man of above average IQ.
these too.
Maybe you're the idiot.

Definitely. Mainly having to exist along side the drooling idiots and knowing that they are hopeless.

>never compare to a team of men

Well, someone developed the conical bullet.

Bill Nye is not terribly bright. He's definitely not a legitimate scientist, either

When you see the machine for what it is, everything starts feeling really strange.

>Genius IQ
>Easily noticed simply by conversational skills
>Everyone instantly assumes you're irreligious
Why do normies do this? It's literally impossible for there not to be a God.

possibly after all there is no standardized test to measure intelligence
>inb4 iq tests

>easily noticed simply by conversational skills

what makes it so obvious?

he's an actor, pseudoscienctist/political scientists imo

anyone else notice Bill Nye looks a lot like the eternal Roo?

He's a very bright business man. The guy has done nothing for the scientific world.

like9

He uses his big boy words

Yeah, it often coincides with various forms of mental illness.
Especially creativity + intellect is rarely without mental illness, and that's the most valuable and profitable form of intellect.

Why not become an overnight billionaire, since you clearly have it figured out?

jesus that video is retarded. Bill Nye has become a globalist shill who preaches about abortion ""rights"" and ""global warming""

Having a hard time fitting in because you want more brain stimulation and can't cater or be entertained by the lowest common denominator

This, actually. Incorporating unusual words into conversation is very different from writing, and very few can do it well. Also, quick use of figurative language.
Research generally doesn't generate billions in revenue.

iq is standardized, a better word would be accurate

poo in loo

Downside: no one understands you. People fear what the don't understand
People resent what they fear

Therefore, intellectuals are resented

Malaise. Often hard to relate to average people. Most relationships are unsatisfying.

>Difficulty engaging meaningfully with a lot of the population.
>Having concerns and interests that often confuse or offend people you might be interested in.
>Often results in high wages, but on the flip side increases the risk of people trying to steal your fortune such as relatives and gold diggers
>Increasingly higher personal expectations that cause undue stress and less time for enjoyment unless you just decide to drop it all one day, but most can't
>You feel a growing sense of distrust for people, establishment, and authority

Near-permanent boredom.

>is there a downside of having extraordinary intellectual capabilities?

Jews don't want you to breed, so they sabotage your life to make the goy herd more easily managable.

No, anyone saying that is a faggot.

t. only moderately good intellectual capabilities even though people assume I'm some kind of genius just because I'm not a retard like the rest of them

You become Inherently condescending and further migrate away from understanding society.
so Autism

If you have to ask this then you're not one of the intellectuals.

Is this dumb nigger really suggesting abortion is good...

sounds like something a poo would say

These days, you're less likely to reproduce.

Bill Nye the Bachelors Degree Guy /thread

Hes definitely more intelligent then everyone in this inbred thread combined.

His stance on social issues come from a lack of exposure. These rich nerds never experienced what we experience down here in reality.

Let some coon rape his daughter, steal half his possessions. Or have him work alin retail and deal with these people and then he and lthers lile him will understand.

They live in a box. All of them. The black people they know are all. Intelligent blacms and not thug niggers.

Everyone these people meet are intelligent and well mannered and generally good. So thats all they know. They think that everyone in the world must be the same. They know a muslim University professor and a their nigger neuro surgeon. They are swell people so clearly the muslims are redeemable.

Wong.

People are horrible despicable petty creatures. The good ones are rare and they huddle together in their mansions.

Meanwhile we see the real world as it truly is. A cluster fuck.

You can rationalize things you want and no one can stop you from doing it.

complex machinery have a higher chances of malfunctioning

yes there is a reason why he is emphasized "European " in that gif

Magic School bus>Bill Nye the science meme. Real niggas remember wishbone the dog with his books and TV show

I thought you were born autistic and there is almost no chance that you can acquire it.
except that lead poisoning in childhood can lead to autistic behavior.

Stick to shitting in the streets Khumar

why be limited to the street?
the entire world is my canvas

>Magic School bus>Bill Nye the science meme. Real niggas remember wishbone the dog with his books and TV show

So glad I wasn't forced to watch any of that shit as a kid. Take your Communist Progressive PBS childrens shows elsewhere.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit

Sup Forums unequivocally and irrevocably BTFO

Will you nazis ever recover?

This. No friends because other people seem retarded.

Fuck you and your hippy parents faggot ass nigga

>of European descent

Where are the men of non-European descent trying to stop them?

The rest of the world calls you a Nazi

>not smart enough to be happy

Idiot

Please mr tv personality with a bs in mechanical engineering, please explain biology to me!

Irreligious doesn't mean that you don't believe in God, it means that you are openly hostile towards religion.

But of course you knew that because
>you're clearly a genius

Bill nye the bachelors degree guy

what a fraud, sad!

Yes, no one will want to fuck you.

The only downside is that you'll be voting for Hillary.

>extraordinary intellectual capabilities

I prefer science, not mediocre stand-up comedy.

It's pretty easy to assume that you can speak as an "intelligent" person but the underlying issue is twofold.

Firstly, we assume that intelligence is correlated with success/wealth. Even those "intelligent" people who did not make themselves successful or wealthy, were instrumental in the success or wealth of those near them.

Secondly, you're speaking to some certain intellectual capacity in regards to how intelligence is viewed. It doesn't take a super genius to deduce that we're all going to die and that any given day might end your life on freak chance alone. The question is how you react to this. Is Diogenes the genius? Is Socrates the genius? (he would be called a 'troll' these days) Is Descartes the genius? (nerd virgin)

What you're asking doesn't really have an answer because our conceptualizations of what makes someone intelligent or not are so bland.

I wish this board was better suited to actual discussion sometimes, because I feel like these nuances are trod upon by appeals to extremes.

>tfw 2 intelligent 4 pol

>Bill Nye the Science Guy
When will this meme end?

Basically yeah, but it's something that needs to be mentioned in this context.

Yes, think of that one Russian Jew who lives with his mom and who turned down a Field medal.

It is obvious. Because the only knowledge considered to be legit is based on mechanistic metaphysics. Thanks Descartes. Knowledge is, therefore, separated from God. All that remains with God is a toothless "faith".

Get a soul.

conversations and relationships with people from 2 standard deviations in IQ or more less than my own are drab and unfulfilling. the topics are surface level and superficial.

to be quite honest, dealing with people who are stupid must be similar to how exceptionally hot women feel when talking to ugly men. the only reason to continue is politeness and consideration for others' feelings.

also, it's depressing as fuck in this new world of constant information on demand
i think part of my genius is a greater capacity for information intake
as everyone on Sup Forums knows, the more info you read, the more depressing things look

still better than the alternative, for sure though

Bill wouldn't know he's not an intellectual

Hes a tv persona whos favourite subject happen to be science, doesnt make him anymore clever

I don't consider myself a genius, but I am smarter than your average joe. I can still take quite a bit a joy out of conversations with people who aren't as intelligent or knowledgeable as me.

Typically, as others here have mentioned, conversations with low intelligence people are boring because the topics usually revolve around mundane subjects. However, if you were to delve deeper into the meta-info on display in these conversations, you would be pleasantly surprised by how interesting the conversation becomes.

For example, on its face, a conversation with a dumb guy about sports is a very boring, especially if the listener has zero interest in the matter. However, if the listener were to actually make inferences about the origin of the speaker's interest, the speaker's motivations, and try to piece together just why the speaker enjoys that support, that makes the conversation interesting. This is how I survive boring conversations with people a like, because even dumb people can (usually) tell when the listener is bored.

As for Bill Nye himself, I doubt he has more than a general knowledge of the field in which he is thought to be engaged. But he's clever enough to give the impression that he's an expert on those matters. Admittedly, this isn't a very hard thing to do especially when the audience isn't educated on the subject, but to keep up the act for as long as he has, while maintaining the illusion of expertise, is something to behold. Quite clever in its own respect.

But, yeah, he is a shill for the government and likely receives just compensation for his services. I'm really glad I never watched his show as a kid.

> This scale of projection

Kill yourself.

Nice comeback.

faggot

as long as you can deal with the soul crushing realization that none of it truly matters. otherwise, yes, it can be a burden.
t. highly intellectual individual

You mean Grigori Perleman?

He's not a jew.

He rejected the fields medal because he wasn't interested in money or their organization. He was interested in the problem of his own accord and couldn't care less about their ceremonies.

Yes you become pussys. You need me around to stuff you in lockers so you become tougher, in exchange i ask that you do my homework. It's win win.

Nobody wants to believe your view of any situation, because it's not very sensational to describe 99% of most events accurately.

I just want to be a kid again. I've been bored with life and people since elementary school.

Pic unrelated, of course. Considering that you've put up a mediocre engineer.

does god exist?
is being loud and rude a sin?

It doesn't matter for any individual if God exists. You don't need intelligence to realize that much.

Yea, I know that I know nothing but the exciting part is I know there's more to learn

pic unrelated i hope user

if you're into that, then sure. there comes a point in life where you realize that you only have a finite amount of energy in this life, and wasting it meeting stupid people more than halfway on their vapid topics is a waste of it.

plus, to use your example of sports, even as a former athlete myself, my deeper level inferences are about the psychological state of grown men who wear the names of other grown men on their backs. sports are something that I find particularly irritating because pic related, and how susceptible so many fellow men seem to be to their allure. water cooler talk shouldnt necessarily be in depth and detailed, but i despise the assumption that it'll never be anything but inane.

i guess on a more broad level, even simply the topics which i find interesting as an intelligent adult isolate me from the majority of people. i hate that when i recommend a book to a friend or acquaintance, it's almost guaranteed that they won't have the attention span or desire to read it. I hate that being a deeper level critical thinker about the politics intertwined within everything in society can brand you as a conspiracy theorist or "that political guy," with no second thought.

idk man, this has been something that has been bothering me for a couple of weeks. it's like i can't unsee my own superiority, and now i'm lonely.

It's not like that, idiots.

Lately, most scientists are huge betas. That's it really.

Depression.

In all honesty, I don't think I've ever met a dumb person who didn't bring at least one interesting thing to the table. Moreover, many dumb people aren't particularly dumb, just uneducated, which can make them seem dumb.

I've discovered that prodding an average person with topics that are usually outside their scope of consideration is usually somewhat fruitful. And becomes more fruitful has time goes on.

They begin to work a muscle that doesn't see a lot of work, and then they become inclined to keep working it because they enjoy this newfound pain. They begin to work through ideas they've never before considered, or maybe had only once presented to them in a college lecture or book many years ago.

Most dumb people can be pretty intelligent once challenged with ideas they hadn't really taken notice of before. An intelligent mind caught within the clusterfuck of day-to-day, American culture can be easily dulled and, if unchallenged by new ideas, will remain dull until provoked by external influence. Sadly, and ironically, enough, intelligent people can be caught-up in the belief that what they see in their immediate world is all there is to life.

That was a damn good loop. Have a (you)

And people mistaken basic scientific knowledge with intelligent.

The truth is many espoused 'scientists' are very knowledgeable but very dumb.

Why do you think we come to shitpost and discuss on Sup Forums and otherchan? The internet has brought the lonely geniuses of the world together to revel in the shared pain of realising that outside this place, you are almost entirely alone.

Don't forget, you're here forever

Yes, having to suffer mediocrities who think they are intelligent.

But because we all here together, are we really alone?

*are

We'll meet up one of these days like a pack of wolfs and dominate!

>spend a billion dollars to waste four years of your time so some asshole can hand you a piece of paper that says youre smart now

real intelligent

I can only wish user, I can only wish.

so true
only been a Sup Forumsster since the beginning of 2016, but im addicted. curious what may arise from the smouldering rubble of this election cycle in terms of media, social or traditional.

i know how it feels. just because you have an ivy league degree ot scored bettwe doesn't make you intelligent

me too but every time I post i get bullied.

>one man can never even compare to a team of men
>It would be better to have 2 men of average IQ than one man of above average IQ.

lolno, 2 woman aren't worth a man, not even close.

At a point it causes epilepsy.

Also all the madness

yes. the more intelligent you are, the more capable you are of constructing elaborate narratives that allow you to excuse and ignore the truth, and allow you to produce effective propaganda to convince others of those narratives