I think I really hit on the head what's wrong about the new season...

I think I really hit on the head what's wrong about the new season. The thing being that Rick and the family is totally blase about doing some thing, but the victims of that thing take it very seriously, or are horribly killed in a gory fasion, or whatever. And the rest of the family cares more about their trivial marriage bullshit than the fact that the aliens' lives were destroyed.
And this episode was fucking terrible because it was essentially a pair of the scenarios I just described. we couldn't just see jerry miserably stumble into dating an intergalactic huntress, we had to see him fumbling in trying to assimilate into her culture, so they could do MUH DIVORCE rebound jokes and have her say "we hunt" a lot so we can laugh at how she says it I guess. and then they had to use that set up, which had already grown stale, to do le epic two people trying to pass each other going the same way joke. what was the fucking point?

Also, the mundanity and innocence of the family was an important foil for Rick's sheer power and the existential implications of the sci-fi situations they found themselves in. Now that the family is just as jaded, unlikable mess as him, the situations only serve to lampoon generic familial dysfunction, and feel horribly unfantastic as a result.

WUBBALUBBADUBDUB

Rick and Morty has its problems, but it's not a Tom and Jerry cartoon. Of course everyone in the family has gotten jaded, Morty most of all. But they are still going to care about their own problems, because it effects them much more than some other thing suffering.

Morty literally laughs and says "Heh, first race war, huh?" to Summer in season 2. He has seen numerous genocides. He doesn't get off on it, but he would go insane if he let every death get to him.

But he sees his family every day, so a problem there isn't going to go away easily. Even then the divorce is more of an annoyance than anything. How can you be this autistic, OP?

wow I just watched this. This was BAD. Like, obscenely bad, worse than literally every other episode.
>Jerry is a racist
coming out of literally nowhere
>bigot sexist beta male reddit steve austin
wow i wonder where all these buzzwords that are totally out of context for this series came from.

>sci-fi

If it's not hard science fiction then it's not real sci-fi

this meme grows on me like cancer

Today user realized that Harmon is not a good writer and that Roiland has given up.

The reason everyone is because this season is basically telling the fans they're stupid for liking Rick and that they're stupid for relating to anyone in the show because they're all bad people, and then openly mocking fans for finding anything Rick did at any point correct or relatable. It would be understandable if there were a few throwaway jokes directed at some of the fans, but instead this season is just shitting on it's own fanbase for finding the characters enjoyable enough to find kinship with. At least in a show like Bojack where you have a depressed alcoholic lead, you get to not only relate to the characters, but sympathize with them. Rick and Morty was never strong enough to flesh out characters like Bojack, Dan and Justin knew that, so they retconned and basically told fans to fuck themselves. If it gets picked up for a 4th season, I imagine it'll be Summer shooting Rick at point blank range and Morty looking directly into the camera and rattling off all the things the writers hate about people on the internet.

You guys are reading too much into the show.
I agree, it jumped the shark, but fuck, why does everything have to revolve around some deep meaning with subliminal messages?

scfi isn't real. that's the whole point.
if its real its not scifi its just sci.

The majority of the fanbase is too stupid to get that their being made fun of. It's funny and sad. No, rick isn't a role model. But the majority of Redditor scum just don't get it.

>hurrr durrr it's not real

Sci-fi used to be real science applied on a different context and changing the societal structure

Rick and Morty is fantasy garbage, just like star wars

it helps that everyone who mocks the meme are themselves being mocked by the meme

I think I really hit it on the head when I say that OP is a fag.

flanderization is already happening

Its like what happened with family guy were every character became a horrible person all the time

Rick is a lot meaner than he was in season 1

Flanderization was already happening.
Characters that were once caricatures of their concepts are now becoming more grounded, and characters that were once grounded are now becoming caricatures.

It all works in the Harmon Circleâ„¢

Honestly, with as much horrific collateral damage as Rick causes, you'd go insane if you didn't learn to blunt your emotions.

I thought this show was about Rick and Morty forever 100 years, not Rick and everyone else.

The real issue here is not the show's quality or story telling, but the fact that too many male viewers empathize and project themselves on Jerry and Morty who've seen the least development (and arguably the most regression) of character during this latest season. This is furthered exacerbated by the new found agency given Summer and Beth by writers leaving said male viewers all the more butthurt. Naturally the two new female writers become the obvious scapegoat for this despite them having virtually no involvement in the more contested episodes and everything Harmon and Roiland say or do is twisted and skewed for the sake of manufacturing a outrage to sustain suspiciously alt-right circle jerks.

Flanderization can only really apply to Jerry since his is the only character with an arguably reduced range of character and complexity, everyone else has been shown to display deviation from previous character norms and growth in many places so really the whole argument of "Flanderization" is largely grabbing at straws, people trying to critique the show as vaguely as possible either to avoid condemning themselves or outlining the fact that they really can't articulate their feelings regarding the new season in any concise manner. In the end it just an excuse after-the-fact for you not liking how certain characters are treated or behave.

That's not to say there aren't legitimate things to complain about or draw attention to, or that any voice of descent shouldn't be tolerated, but it's quite clear to see that most people here complaining are upset that the male characters they project themselves onto aren't being treated in a way they like and that the whole casts nebulous character dynamic isn't following some structured growth where by everyone becomes more likeable over time.

Rick and Morty is like Seinfeld, you're not supposed to relate to the characters, you're not supposed to like them. It's a trainwreck comedy showcasing how awful humans are.

I hope Justin is learning a valuable lesson about working with fat self-hating retards.

This immature scapegoating is helping your case.

>the mundanity and innocence of the family was an important foil for Rick's sheer power and the existential implications of the sci-fi situations they found themselves in. Now that the family is just as jaded, unlikable mess as him, the situations only serve to lampoon generic familial dysfunction, and feel horribly unfantastic as a result.

Nail on the head.

fuck you, you passive/aggressive little shit, nobody gives a shit about aliens or immigrants.
go somewhere else to talk about your "innocent immigrants alien".

Go back to melting down on Twitter over your ex-wife, Harmon.

>wow i wonder where all these buzzwords that are totally out of context for this series came from

Is it seriously out of context for a highschool chick skirting the popular crowd to say things like that? Writers are not their characters you know.

Is it really scapegoating when there's a precedent for it?
It's like saying that blaming Bendis for killing Iron Man's sales is scapegaoting.

You wanna see scapegoating? Let me tell you a theory on how Rick and Morty was doomed from the beginning.

So the show is based on Roiland's original Back to the Future parody short Doc and Mharti right? Just a simple short about dirty toilet humor like all of Roiland's material.

So Harmon created Community, right? He has gone on record for saying that he got the idea from his own college study group, and that he modeled the character Jeff Winger after himself. A popular, lady killing ex lawyer who has a realistic perspective on life. So Harmon is not above self-insertion.

Now Harmon and Roiland work together on Rick and Morty. Except Harmon makes a lot of changes from the original concept right? The character Rick is now an alcoholic asshole who is the smartest guy in the universe and all known universes and despite being a huge asshole everyone has to get on with him because he's always right.

Because of Harmon, Rick and Morty was morphed from a dumb kid and an eccentric professor's ball licking adventures to an edgy soapbox for Harmon to preach how he knows all the life lessons and that he's better than everyone else.

Prove me wrong.