>Out This Week:
Mace Windu #2 (Sep 27)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - This is Star Wars Battlefront 2
youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiFkbTmrcfWAhVDAcAKHa8HDiIQqUMILjAB&url=http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jj-abrams-paramount-team-up-sci-fi-love-story-your-name-1043907&usg=AFQjCNFdaC8Gb7QpeVgMnn6mTiH7O4AZ2Q
usatoday.com/story/life/books/2017/09/28/exclusive-excerpt-boba-fett-rides-again-star-wars-short-story/702239001/
youtu.be/U-ZqAymW7S4
youtube.com/watch?v=2sJ67oyPH7o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Krennic.

>the droids can't prevent us from meeting with the Toydarians if there aren't any droids

i don't understand, why was tarkin such an asshole to a relatively competent officer?

>he didn't read Catalyst

what happens therein, friend?

Krennic is a known asshole, and he tries to bait tarkin into a fight he'll lose and make him look bad. Tarkin finds out and is pissed at him.
Tarkin ends up hating him.
Go read it, it's really good

>Krennic
>competent

His obsession with Galen cost the entire project to have a weakness decades before the station was even operational. Not only that but he pretty much started the Western Reachs operation by funding small groups with his mercenaries

A pivotal moment is he sets up Tarkin in a dangerous situation where his fleet is ambushed. Tarkin almost knows immediately it was Krennic and figures he's too unstable to be a military leader. Not only that but his buffoonery gets him demoted by Mas

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiFkbTmrcfWAhVDAcAKHa8HDiIQqUMILjAB&url=http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jj-abrams-paramount-team-up-sci-fi-love-story-your-name-1043907&usg=AFQjCNFdaC8Gb7QpeVgMnn6mTiH7O4AZ2Q

>Paramount Pictures and J.J. Abrams are teaming up to adapt Your Name, an anime film that is one of the biggest hits of all time in Japan.

What is it with this guy and destroying masterpieces...

So who's Star Wars Misato?

Lets get down to business to defeat the CIS.
Did they send me shinies when I asked for ARCS?

You're the saddest men I ever met
But you can bet before we're through
Shiny, I'll make a clone out of you

Tranquil as a Jedi
But on fire within
Once you find your rhythm
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
Somehow I'll make a clone out of you

Hevy: I'm never gonna catch my breath
Echo: Say goodbye to those who knew me
Droidbait: Boy I was a fool for not dodging
Shaak Ti: This guy's got 'em scared to death
Fives: Hope he doesn't see right through me
Hevy: Now I really wish that I knew how to shoot

Be a clone
We must be swift as a Jedi's saber
Be a clone
With all the force of a Jedi Master
Be a clone
With all the strength of a raging Wookiee
Devious as the dark side of the FOOOOOOOORCE!

Time is racing toward us
Till the CIS arrive
Heed my every order
And you might survive
You're unsuited for the rage of war
So pack up, to Sanitation with you
How could I make a clone out of you?

Be a clone
Be a clone
Be a clone

Be a clone
Be a clone
Be a clone

Dooku must've figured out Qui-Gon's death was Sheev's fault, right? Did he just not give a shit?

Sato. or his wife Ms Sato

kek

It's probably because I'm tired, but I laughed.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Besides from remaking a perfectly good film that isn't even out on bluray worldwide yet, what the fuck happened to this statement about him not doing anymore remakes and focusing on original stuff?

>usatoday.com/story/life/books/2017/09/28/exclusive-excerpt-boba-fett-rides-again-star-wars-short-story/702239001/

>sarcastic movie references everywhere

ENOUGH

I had that Tarkin figure. But his head is tediously scratched....

He got lazy, hypocritical, and rich

>doesn't even try for a Morrison or Baker impression

What's the fucking point?

In both cases, the choice is obvious.

Catalyst is such a good book

>older women who seduces vulnerable young man
Padme.

>liking Asuka

>older women who seduces vulnerable young man

>fett working for vader before the comics

Some new canon

Did the Tusken raiders rape Shmi?
I always assumed they did, since Anakin found her in that weird leather rack an strapped in an awkward position, but I just looked this up and apparently most people didn't arrive at that conclusion and get pretty defensive when the question is asked.

It's one of those things where the implication is enough. If you want to think they raped her, fine, but it's ultimately a franchise for kids (yes, despite the torture and murder) so no one is gonna want to talk about it and you have to expect people will disagree simply because it's not explicit.

What novel should I get my dad?

I would get him Lost Stars but the divorce between him and my mom was very bad so I don't think he'd like it because it'd remind him of his younger years.

Sometimes the reason you think he'll dislike it is exactly the reason he'd identify with it.

Even if it evokes feelings of sadness, having an emotional experience with a book is always nice.

If you just want him to have fun though, I think Thrawn, Tarkin and Blooline are all nice novels.

I think I might get him Thrawn, if he really liked the old Heir to the Empire trilogy, do you think he'll enjoy it?

Also he's still suffering the effects of the divorce, not a very good sight, he's really just not in a good position to be reminded of it.

>if he really liked the old Heir to the Empire trilogy, do you think he'll enjoy it?

Oh, definitely. It fits as a prequel to both the NuCanon Thrawn as well as Thrawn Trilogy, so he should definitely enjoy it.

Thank you!

I have honestly never understood the appeal of this character

Neat character design makes up for her godawful personality.

Was it kino?
youtu.be/U-ZqAymW7S4

>I'm going to do something original guys, honest

kill yourself JJ

>Evangelion
Take your overrated anime to

The Thrawn novel isn't as spectacular or awe-inspiring as the Thrawn Trilogy given that it's not making any pretenses to being, essentially, "the next three Star Wars movies." However if he has an appreciation for worldbuilding, canon, storytelling, consistency, and good writing, your father might find that the Thrawn novel is quite a bit better than the Thrawn trilogy in many ways because Zahn has had nearly 30 years to develop as a writer.

some people like it when a selfish character gets a self-centered arc and no growth in the way they relate to other people

>The Thrawn novel isn't as spectacular or awe-inspiring as the Thrawn Trilogy given that it's not making any pretenses to being, essentially, "the next three Star Wars movies."

That's exactly what I liked about it so much. TTT always felt weaker when it pivoted from the fresh and novel intricacies of New Republic politics and Thrawn's strategizing to Luke's and Han's classic adventure novel journeys and Mara's little personal arc. Thrawn cuts off all that fluff that was expected of TTT back in the day, as the closest thing to an official follow-up to Return of the Jedi and could really center on Thrawn's mind and his place in the Imperial hierarchy, mirrored by Pryce's own rise to power.

It played to Zahn's strenghts and his appreciation of the character much better.

Exactly. That's why I consider it the best new canon novel so far. Thrawn and the rest of the characters are written excellently, and consistently, and realistically. It's Zahn's magnum opus assuming he doesn't surprise us with an even better sequel.

I went and grabbed my Vader Vol. 1 just for you user, and there is literally nothing that implies Vader met Boba for the first time in the comic.

In fact it's loosely implied that they had in fact already been acquainted.

Bit dumb of Vader to ask Jabba for a bounty hunter he already knew.

He'll love Thrawn. Frankly I think the book is Zahn at his best, so if he loved the original trilogy, he'll likely really enjoy Thrawn

no, it's not if said bounty hunter is working for jabba now.

I love how the new Battlefront 2 trailer just talks about how they fixed everything about the first game

He asked for Jabba's best hunters available, while Vader was forced to be on Tatooine because of Sheev, so Jabba did just that.

Jabba could have sent any two bounty hunters, Vader didn't know beforehand that it was going to be Boba Fett. I doubt Vader cared enough to ask or wait for Boba to be available, I doubt Vader considers Boba anything special neither. Even in ESB he is one of many hunters in the line-up on the Executor, and Vader even gives him a warning, implying that Boba has had a rocky history when working for Vader.

They're well aware that they fucked up the first game, tbqh its a good sign.

Are there any good places to find concept art for the later seasons of TCW? I have the art book but it only has stuff from season one and the movie.

The Season 1-5 boxset came with a little book full of 3-5 concept art.

Anyone else think that the way Vader's attack on the Jedi temple was executed was a little... well lame?

What better way to stick it to Sheev than to larn all the secrets of the Dark Side, recruit Obi-Wan as his apprentice, and then kill Sheev in revenge.

Do you even darkside?

>larn

YARP?

Best scene. I was a bit disappointed in how he trained Savage

What you didn't realize is that Rogue One took place on a certain holiday

>implying he was even told to
The point was to get a big name attached to the project

The episode guides on srarwars.com

>JJ is going to have to answer his own mysteries in episode 9

this is going to be interesting

You mean, pick up from where Rian and the LSG moved along with the planning for the mysteries.

I hope Rian doesn't give him any answers

People will call me a weeb or something for hating this, but there's a point where I just don't care. I am going to scream and cry and whine like an "entitled manbaby" and I will not stop.

Oh yeah Star Wars um....how about them lightsabers folks?

It's bad enough that JJ is back, why would you want the ST to be even more hindered?

JJ is the guy who asks you to be his pair for a group assignment, then let's you do all the hard work and write the project report, but then the teacher asks him to present the work in front of the class so now he's begging you to send him the report the night before the presentation.

>but there's a point where I just don't care
> I am going to scream and cry and whine like an "entitled manbaby"

That is not "not caring", that's actually caring way too much.

I was saying I don't care what people think of me. And if you think this is bad just wait until they announce the live action Evangelion movie is back on.

I think he means he doesn't care what people say about him.

OH FUCK PLEASE BE MASSASSI

It's the Filoni space wolfs, user.

I imagine it be Noghiri son

youtube.com/watch?v=2sJ67oyPH7o

New Forces of Destiny trailer

>Noghiri
I'm still disappointed with their design in Rebels. TCW and Rebels seems to make many aliens look more human than they do in other media.

I forgot that we'd be getting more of this

>TCW and Rebels seems to make many aliens look more human than they do in other media.
Not... really?

>ewoks trying to eat stormies

Noghri never had a consistent design in the EU. They're all over the place. Jedi Academy for example has them as blue humans. The Thrawn Trilogy graphic novel adaptation can't keep track of them between artists (there were three radically different artists for each "book" of the comic adaptation) neither of which match what's described in the novels' text itself. It's time to let go of the Rebels hatred, user.

>Those lips

Han's a bit of a big guy...

Maybe it's simply confirmation bias, then. Since I remember seeing aliens that have been given more human-like qualities, I might've imagined they've done it to more aliens than in reality.

>It's time to let go of the Rebels hatred, user.
Uh. This is the one issue I have with it. And I'm just sad they went with a more human design rather than one of the less human ones that are plentiful, like you said.

I gotta agree with here, in Rebels they look like just another humanoid alien species, they don;t look like they evolved from predatory creatures like they were described and popularly displayed.

everyone looks like a girl

I actually tried making a kinda amateurish edit to make his Rebels look a bit more like the one on the right.

You see even that's an improvement, like i said they don't look like Predators. Its been a while since I read the Thrawn trilogy but they seemed to hammer that home.

>You see even that's an improvement
Thanks. The vanilla nose is the biggest thing that's making the Rebels one look weird I think. Reminds me of a koala.

>in Rebels they look like just another humanoid alien species,
Aas as opposed to what? One of the many EU looks where they look like just like one of the many humanoid species except some artists make them look like cube-headed cavemen, sometimes with an underbite?

Not him, but pretty sure 'humanoid' in this case means the face look almost just like a human except repainted and the nose altered a little. Tusks would actually go a long way in making them not look as human.

Alright you made me do it, I went and got my Heir to the Empire book off the shelf.
They are described as having "huge black eyes and a protruding jaw", At one point leia hits on in the "muzzle, implying they have a non human like mouth. Later on the Nogori is said to have "two nostrils hidden under strands of hair" and they "like those of a tracking animal"
I'm not trying to come off like a shieldgateing user but they are described as humanoid but with lots of cat like or predatory features.

Thanks for gathering evidence. Wish the Rebels team didn't go with the current design they using now.

I don't know if he's blind or something but Rukh's face is not just a human except repainted and with the nose altered a little

Tusks just make him look dumb. They only ever really look good on the big, brutish types

In one book, from several decades ago. Go look at the multiple times Noghri have appeared since then in the EU, see how different they are.

Rebels is not bound by the HTTE description, nor is it bound by any of the many depictions in the EU.

>I don't know if he's blind or something but Rukh's face is not just a human except repainted and with the nose altered a little
I guess I just have different standards or things I look for in a face.

>Rebels is not bound by the HTTE description, nor is it bound by any of the many depictions in the EU.
Kay. But I still feel it's a bad choice to go with the design that was chosen. That's the issue.

Post awesome art

Thanks, I do my best

I know, but it was the first time they appeared and the new design look mole like a generic Star wars background character, but i guess it all comes down to taste and preference and we differ on that.

>Thrawn's security code for his droids is Ruhk

Is he gay or something?

Ye.