Mister Fantastic smoking a pipe

>Mister Fantastic smoking a pipe
So how come Bendis not only gets to use Reed, but let him smoke? I thought Quesada banned smoking because of a death in his family. Even Wolverine isn't allowed to smoke

It's a bubble pipe.

I got this weird feeling that Old peter is going to meet young miles and go "HOLY SHIT".

>I thought Quesada banned smoking because of a death in his family.
Well, that's fucking bullshit. Forget characters having traits and all, nah, they all must be squeaky clean uwus.

I think Mr. fantastic will Vape for now on.

>I thought Quesada banned smoking because of a death in his family.
God, I hope somebody in his family will die from being feminist.

Don't you mean getting kill by a feminist?

>smoking is an absolutely vital character trait

>it's totally reasonable to ban the depiction of something in a work of fiction for an entire company
Yeah! Censorship rocks!

It is for Wolverine. And Howard the Duck. Reed can do without it but it just fits his 50s college professor trappings.

>it's your company

Marvelshills will defend anything

You are too young to remember this, but Wolverine used to be cool.

IT'S COOL GUY!

Don't forget Nick Fury

What the fuck it going on with his pointer finger?

It can be. Chain smoking is a good subtle indication of nervousness and stress. But in Marvel's case it's just retarded to ban all smoking because muh father had cancer. Wouldn't it make more sense to do stories where someone gets cancer from smoking? You had plenty in the late 80s/early 90s, especially in Spider-Man, where MJ started smoked to calm herself when Peter was out patrolled and, iirc, she finally stopped when she ran into one former Daily Bugle employee and sleaze bag journalist who turned out to be dying from lung cancer. Someone the. told her to take her smoking outside and she flips out and screams something akin to "fuck off lady, if I want to slowly kill myself one cigarette at a time it's my own goddamn business!" and it all leads to a realization that her smoking was a symptom of a bigger issue that she had been avoiding.

Who>

It's probably the artist's input. Besides, when did Bendis give a shit about other people's work?

Correct ASM 383-385 is when it happens. There are also risk relapses she is challenged with after that up to 400.

People like you are why we have a neutered John Constantine.

This

I miss the Jury. Have they been up to anything lately?

It is. It shows that character has relatively poor impulse control and/or values things (like enjoying tobacco) above their own health. Same for alcohol.
Except for Wolverine ironically, with his healing factor he really has no reason not to smoke.

Holy fuck I've been trying to remember those jury folks for years. Wasn't this also around the time the wrecking crew got a tech upgrade?

In fairness, no impressionable young kid is going to take up pipe smoking to look cool.

It's the principal of the matter. There was a company wide ban and it got evaded

Why is Quesada such a pussy?

Well they should, pipe smoking in a smoking jacket is /fa/ as fuck.

Oh man he should be super cool and VAPE now. All the COOL kids VAPE man. It's like TWICE as COOL as SMOKING. COOL COOL COOL.

Samuel jackson

I hate Quesada with a passion and blame him for the fall off Spider-Man comics. Smug bastard.

>all this shit about Logan and Fury with cigars in a thread started about the F4

You muggas best realise the king of the cigar was always the ever lovin' blue eyed thing.

>there used to be a time you could smoke inside public malls and buildings

Clearly 91 years was not long enough for Hef to correct wrong opinions.

Good news is you can still kill yourself privately.

It's still illegal

yeah but how am I supposed to kill off all those annoying fucks out there in public areas?