Why do comic book stores generally have such an awkward and unpleasant atmosphere?

Why do comic book stores generally have such an awkward and unpleasant atmosphere?

Because they're trying to appeal to awkward and unpleasant customers.

Because you're awkward and unpleasant

A feeling of Elitism? Either with a customer or the store clerk?

/thread

She's silently judging you.

>go to comic store
>half of shit being sold is just funko pops

my comic story is groove, i have really cool chats to the owner who is a heavy metal guitarist. heavily tattooed and sports the greatest beard know to manliness.
the store is clean, smells nice (cause of the Barker upstairs)

forgot to mention they dot sell any funko shit

>the greatest beard know to manliness

And you're absolutely sure you're not picking up Funko Pops in there?

no but i might be gay for this guy

The response is so fitting that I suspect samefag.

Because they're not awesome and part of the movie theater lobby like the one I go to.

Are there a lot of shops in movie theater lobbies?

Or do you just post in every lcs thrrad because I see something like this mentioned every time.

>buy 2 funko pops like 3 years ago because fuck it they were $5 each and I liked the characters
>don't care for them, put them away in closet, forget about them
>"I need some money, gotta sell some shit... huh, forgot about these, wonder how much they're worth"
>go on ebay
>active bidding wars for them going into $70+ range each, loose
I just don't fucking understand. I thought the bubble would have burst like 2 years ago. My understanding of it is that you buy one or two because everyone buys one or two, then you realize how shit it is just like everyone else, then you stop and buy no more. But apparently not?

>Head to 1 LCS in town.
>Immediately walk into folding tables filled with Magic faggots.
>Cramped browsing sections.
>Majority of shit is in long boxes stacked on top of other long boxes.
>Collectibles are shit ones
>Head to other LCS
>It's a fucking ghost town.

God, I hate both of these fucking places.

>favorite hobby store stopped selling comics
>only other LCS smells like sweat and broken dreams
>stopped buying comics altogether soon after

>cause of the Barker upstairs)
Now im interested, what is a barker?
A good smellin dog or should this be a bakery?

Might as well end the thread here, you won't get a better answer

Do you even understand how Sup Forums works, newfag?

ACTUAL REAL SERIOUS ANSWER:

You have to be a moron to open a dead-end business like a comic shop, so that business incompetence spills over into the design of the store as well.

giv slient judgemental comic clerk gf

Fucking this. My LCS went out of business because he abandoned actual comic readers in favour of trash merchandise

Imagine what kind of atmosphere Sup Forums would have as a physical place. user

They do?

My comic book shop is pretty cozy.
The worst it gets is when two specific people show up at the same time.

They don't. I have 2 near me, one has less variety because it's part table top games and Warhammer but great staff and the other one is small and packed to the brim with anything you'd want to choose from. Sucks for you bud

Going to any store is awkward because you know the cashier is either going to silently judge you or say something. The worst ones are the ones that try to lecture you on what you should and shouldn't buy.

One guy tried to convert me to their religion and go to their church and was very nosy about it. I truly hate chatty cashiers.

Pic related? It looks like any other store of anything and it seems to have a very based diversity of genres

>work late on wednesday
>go to pick them up friday
>friday is magic the gathering night

Holy fuck, I thought comicbook fans were weird. At least they aren't THAT fat and smelly.

FPBP

Maybe YOURS does.

From my experience it's because they're usually quiet as a graveyard. It's like a library except with some dweeb at the register anticipating you buying books.

Ever been around Smash players? I dare say they’re twice as bad smelling as MtG players.

Nintendo is the mlp of video games, so it's kind of expected.

Mine's only quiet because there's no one there. Literally 2 or 3 people playing a dumb TCG like DBZ or something.

The only truly BAD location I've been to is Future Visions in Pensacola, Florida. There are little doggie diapers, as well as actual dogshit, on the floor you have to dodge. None of his ten thousand figures/statues/premium items have price stickers so you have to haggle over literally every item when you check out. He's clearly been in business for decades, but you actually have to move boxes and stacks of inventory around if you want to see what's on the shelves because of all the shit crammed in to the small location.

It feels like walking in to an episode of hoarders when you walk in to the store.

Why is it impossible to find anything that's not capeshit and why is everything sandwiched in small boxes

The real question is, with digital comics and amazon, why are comic book.stores even still a thing?

So you won't go there

kek, sounds like the head Librarian at my local library. He makes sure to have them stocked with a TON of Conan, Northlanders and Red Sonja comics

>when they make small talk with me: "ugh shut up and just let me buy my stuff already"

>when they don't make small talk: "geez, atleast try to make an effort, I drove all the way out here and am keeping you guys in business"

I'm impossible to please. so I just stopped going altogether

>digital comics
>paying for 1s and 0s

You could buy TPBs from Amazon you know
Or bite the bullet and read them digitally
If you had to stop reading comic books because you couldn't buy them in a super convenient way maybe you never even liked comic books to begin with

Amazon doesn't really have THAT huge of a comic book library desu.
And buying digital comics is just fucking retarded altogether

I bet you're the kind of guy that defends Diamond tooth and nail.

Because they're owned and operated by awkward and unpleasant people.

Because you're a fucking 30+ year old man in a kids toy shop

I'm only 19 thank you very much

>paying for 1s and 0s
Better than paying for the death of hundreds of millions of trees just so you can get a flimsy book you're only going to ever read once or twice

A lot of stores have a clubhouse feeling,and entering feels like intruding.

every retail employee in every store ....

But I am paying for the death of hundreds of millions of trees, let those bastards BURN

Because they're deliberately trying to alienate the normies.

>tfw you're so alpha that you feel comfortable anywhere.