VENOM Adds Michelle Williams

>Academy Award nominee Michelle Williams ("Manchester by the Sea") has joined the cast of Sony Pictures' R-rated standalone VENOM movie starring Tom Hardy ("Mad Max: Fury Road") as journalist Eddie Brock, who becomes a twisted vigilante after contact with a biological experiment gone haywire. She's playing Brock's girlfriend, District Attorney Ann Weying. The cast also includes Rhiz Ahmed ("The Night Off") in an undisclosed role as one of the villains, rumored to be the Chameleon. Carnage will be the main villain of the movie, which is directed by Ruben Fleischer and slated for release on October 5, 2018.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/michelle-williams-talks-join-tom-hardy-venom-1043659

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/79697570
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Marvel fans enjoy Venom as a anti-hero?

Venom has been an anti-hero longer than he's been a villain.

I don't think so. I only ever see the general public that likes the angry monster Eddie Venom or people that like Flash Venom.

>a biological experiment gone haywire
>Ultimate Venom
Blerg.

Yea sorry. I meant here on Sup Forums.

I can't wait to see the black goo fight the red goo!

>Overwhelmingly comedies director
This is gonna go well.

R-rated as well. Surely a comedy director won't use that opportunity to be childish.

vimeo.com/79697570
How can Hollywood even compete?

more than I like them as a villain
and if you're going to make a gory r18+ slasher flick about a shapeshifting mess of teeth and claws slaughtering gangsters, the audience is gonna be rooting for them anyway so may as well roll with it

So, no dialogues between symbiote and venom? Just black goo with anger tendencies?

I suspect Sony is gonna push the idea that their movies are gonna focus on Ultimate versions of characters while MCU is gonna stick more to 616 after Infinity Wars

Its a marvel movie. They have to quip

So another bland pg-13 movie?

>So another bland pg-13 movie?

>Sony Pictures' R-rated standalone VENOM movie

Gee, I wonder.

Is Marvel Studios working with Sony again on this or is this all Sony?

All Sony.

> who becomes a twisted vigilante after contact with a biological experiment gone haywire
>not an alien, with a completely alien mindset to create tension and a good plot
Pffff
>She's playing Brock's girlfriend, District Attorney Ann Weying.
>not ex-wife
>not the tension of Brock being a problematic guy even before the symbiote
Mediocre.

>Tom Hardy
Shit. I'm gonna see it just for him.
I love that guy

Did she win an Oscar for Manchester by the sea? Because she wa barely in that movie.

You posted a picture of Tom Holland

No that's obviously Tom Selleck.

>Spider-Man movies without Spider-Man
I don't understand the point of this.

Michelle Williams seems like a great choice to play Ann Weying.

Those can still be accomplished, you know.

What are u talking about that’s obiviously Tom Wiseau

mmmhmm...be very careful now...

I don’t. Venom only works a revenge-obsessed psychotic stalker. Him trying to be a hero, despite killing in cold blood and being unrepentant about it, was laughable.

If there is anything good that could come out of this movie, it's that Marvel might find some way to bring Ann back into the comics because 'muh movie synergy'. That would be great if she returned.

>Biological experiment

My goodness.

You're all idiots. How are there still people in the west that don't know who Tom Bombadil is?

You can't do much with Venom as a villain long term. That was made painfully clear with Gargan. He's been far more successful as an anti-hero.

This sounds lame. I vaguely remember sony saying it would be like Alien; taking place in space and being more akin to a horror/slasher.

Pretty sure you're wrong.