Rick and Morty Season 3

So, do we all agree this was the best episode so far from this shitty season?

What are your expectations with the series? Did you already drop it? Will you consider retaking the series if they change writters again?

Other urls found in this thread:

destyy.com/q8nI8K
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does Beth get away with everything while everyone shits on Jerry? I know this gets talked about alot but it always triggers me.

what do you mean?

>What are your expectations with the series?
I expect that they go futurama post-Comedy Central and completely unironically act smart

>Did you already drop it?
Not yet

>Will you consider retaking the series if they change writters again?
If they get more good writers than bad? Maybe

Feminism.

What's wrong with you, dingdongs? Season 3 did even have any weaker episodes like Season 2 with its Get Schwifty, Big Trouble in Little Sanchez and Interdimensional Cable II.

Because Beth at least takes control over her own circumstances. Jerry is just pathetic 24/7.

Choice is a big theme in this season.

I think Season 3 hasn't quite hit the same lows that season 2 did, but it's only just barely hit the same highs. It's a season with less outright bad episodes at the cost of being a more mediocre season overall.

I posted this in another thread, but I think it fits here too.

The reason this season had such polarizing sides of the fans is because this season is basically telling the fans who like Rick that they're stupid for liking Rick, and that they're stupid for relating to anyone in the show because they're all bad people. Then, the started openly mocking fans for finding anything Rick did at any point correct or relatable. It would be understandable if there were a few throwaway jokes directed at some of the fans (mostly reddit), but instead this season is just shitting on it's own fanbase for finding the characters enjoyable enough to find kinship with. At least in a show like Bojack where you have a depressed alcoholic lead, you get to not only relate to the characters, but sympathize with them. Rick and Morty was never strong enough to flesh out characters like Bojack, Dan and Justin knew that, so they retconned and basically told fans to fuck themselves and that having the literal worst human alive as a character was intentional so they could later shit all over him. If it gets picked up for a 4th season, I imagine it'll be Summer shooting Rick at point blank range and Morty looking directly into the camera and rattling off all the things the writers hate about people on the internet.

Beth is a child.
Beth is Jerry's child.
Jerry is an adult.
We tend to hold adults to a higher standard.
Once your kids hit their teens, they're able to articulate fairly well, the ways that you fail them as a parent.

Also, try not to project onto Jerry. He's supposed to be the Pierce Hawthorne of this show. They just didn't do a good job of developing the character that way, especially after the divorce. And now they want to hamfistedly force him into that role. By S2E9, they're explicitly telling Jerry that he's everything that's wrong with men.
But for real.
Don't project yourself onto Jerry.

Beth got called an amoral pyschopath in the last episode and she murdered a childhood friend.

But who else should I project my insecurities on so that I can be validated for being a complete beta?

I really don't see the seething hatred this season has recieved, it seems to me like it has just been on par with how the show has always been. I get part of it is probably trying to shit on the show because it's popular and has an annoying fanbase, but it seems like it is relatively the same quality it has always been to me, with some good episodes, some bad ones and a few that just didn't reach their potential.

Do people on here really care about the characters for this show? I see a lot of the complaints seem to be about how the show has treat them, but I've never really felt like the characters had that much depth or intrigue to them, I mean, they are fun to watch do stuff but all the crappy, poorly handled character moments just made me roll my eyes, like where RICK is about to COMMIT SUICIDE because he is SAD, it's just not handled well and would result in a "well ok" if any of them commited suicide. I just don't feel attached to them as actual characters in the same way a lot of people seem to.

Also, I'm not so sure I see the appeal of the "Tales from the Citadel" episode, I thought the Atlantis misdirection was incredibly obvious, the election story I knew what would happen the instance I saw a Morty running, the police arc was just kind of a stock "corrupt policeman" story but with Rick and Morty instead and the citadel doesn't really make that much sense anymore. There were some good jokes and I liked the Steven King Mortys, and the general idea of looking around the citadel but nothing here really was that interesting or fun like the season opener episode was. I still liked it but it wasn't really the best episode of the season to me.

Yeah but the show doesn't really punish her for it, it's more revealed as just stuff she did and she's barely held accountable for it.

They have been pushing the "everyone is an asshole" thing since season one. You just don't want to admit it because it wasn't as popular then.

Oh shit i fucked up. I thought you meant summer.... b

ok i can save this.
We give Beth a pass because she isn't a complete idiot and she has a good job and her kids like her and she's hot and that Davin dude would totally give her the life she deserves. Jerry doesn't have any of that. But goddamnit do I like him!

No one is accountable for anything, even jerry whom usually takes the most amount of punishment from Rick's antics was able to get away with double crossing Rick a second time.

They did, but it was more subtle and kind of just an accepted thing. I thought we would move on after the Morty rant where he tells summer nothing matters, no one exists on purpose and that's just how things on. Instead, they just continue to drive it home harder and harder.

Season 1: 8/10
Season 2: 6/10
Season 3: 4/10

Overall, the quality has been in decline. But that doesn't mean season 1 was perfect by any means.

How the fuck can you move on past "Nothing matters"? Nihilism is funny, but if you don't get it don't try.

Best episode of the season so far is the first 1 with Morty resident as second best episode. These two last ones have been pretty meh tho

You can always have the point of next season be "something matters"

Not as funny.

>Because Beth at least takes control over her own circumstances.

She killed a man because she can't formulate an apology.

And thanks to science she never actually has to apologize and still save an innocent man's life.

>do we all agree this was the best episode so far from this shitty season?
Personally I liked this episode the most because Summer, Jerry and Beth werent involved
I think its still funny at times, but the whole divorce stuff was annoying.
Not yet, I believe the series can get better. Their hardcore fans on the other hand...
I honestly dont give two shits about who writes the episodes as long as they are coherent and competent enough. Rick and Morty is not a complex show some fans want people to believe.

I rewatched the episode again and probably Rickiest Rick is not the only one who cares about his Morty.

The Rickiest Rick is also among the top 3 of the most evil Ricks.

All the Ricks have a tendency to be assholes, but they are generaly better people than our Rick.

I know RR is a jerk and evil, but he really cares about Morty.

This fucking show needs to end but I know it won't. It's becoming just as awful as it's fanbase. I'm patiently waiting for any/all decent western animation to come out so people will stop flocking to this fucking dogshit. The writing isn't good, the animation is bland as fuck and compensates for it with excessive detail that doesn't match the characters, and everything charming and nuanced about it died towards the end of season 2. If there was anything else decent to watch in the world of animation besides maybe Bojack Horseman right now people wouldn't be half as interested.

>I think Season 3 hasn't quite hit the same lows that season 2 did
The only bad episode of season 2 was Interdimensionsl Cable 2 which The ABCs of Beth is worse than because they didn't even try to make it entertaining

>THAT FUCKING REDDIT TEXT SPACE FORMAT

fuck off idiots, get your reddit and meme shit to your your fucking cringeboard

So is there an alt-right Rick?

This and/or the Toxic episode was the best.
>What are your expectations with the series? Did you already drop it?
It's still funny but the morals/lessons of each season has become more and more blunt to the point that it's become annoying.

I'm a firm believer that they really did waste all their best idea's on their first season, largely due to the fact that nobody exactly knew what angle the show was going at the time so when shit like Rick Potion #9, Interdimensional Cable and Council of Rick's happened it hit like a god damn truck.

Simply put Rick and Morty is what happens if Futurama decided to release Luck of the Fryish, Leela's Homeworld, Jurassic Bark and Future Stock in the first season. Amazing first impression but now everything else looks so weak in comparison.

Will it really end this Sunday? Cause I heard some rumor that there would be 14 episodes.

Mustve been just a rumor. Also who wants to bet that Phoenix person and Tammy won't even show up and were basically a red herring to entice us.

lol nice meme.

Not really. He was in the middle of the good-evil spectrum.

Because the universe of rick and morty doesn't reward morality, it rewards conviction, which is one thing Jerry is in very short supply of. Morty, for instance, used to get shit on constantly until he eventually nutted up and became a more competent traveler. Say what you will about Beth, she isn't lacking in conviction to get things done when she feels like it. It's because of this that she gets away with her shit behavior and personality. Jerry, while not nearly as malicious as Beth, is still a primarily selfish person who puts his need above the needs of his loved ones. His issue is that he's a massive weasel, and the world punishes him for his incompetent.

...But you just did the same thing.

Dan wanted to make the show 14 episodes long but was unable to. There are plans for the next season to be 14 episodes long tho

The show had a simple premise. Morty reacting to Rick's hijinks. He no longer does. Neither does any other characters, not even passersby.
The premise is dead and buried. Instead it focuses on character arcs. Uninteresting, annoying character arcs. Nobody cares what happens to Beth-A124, Summer-A124, Jerry-A124 or even the current Rick and Morty. This show was never about "relating" to the characters and scenes. It was purely shock humor. Watching the characters to be put in situation where they didn't even know how to react.
I don't care how shit Jerry is. How independent Summer or how heroic Beth is. How Morty and EeEevil Morty are getting mad, and pickle Rick.
Pickle Rick! Nobody reacts. Nobody gives a shit. No one. Why not just hang Rick.

>writing in proper English and using paragraphs is bad
What?

Calm your autism, you fucking retard.

This "Reddit Spacing" meme is forced as fuck

Kill yourself

>Watch the ABC's of Beth
>realize we knew her true colors all along, merely disguised as exaggeration

WELL EX FUCKING CUSE ME FOR LEARNING PROPER SENTENCE STRUCTURE.

Fuck off retard, I've been on this website longer than you and nobody cared about spacing before this meme took off.

I like the tales

>So, do we all agree this was the best episode so far from this shitty season?
Yes. I like when seemingly shallow shows like this throw in more serious overtones without getting too deep.

I expect more wacky, stand-alone episodes peppered with serious episodes that pertain to the overarching plot.

No, I've been enjoying the show quite a bit. I don't really get all the hate.

Again, I'm sure why everyone's so fucking mad over the show. Why do people go out of their way to shit on an inane cartoon when they could just shut up and stop watching it? I don't care if they switch writers or not. I'll watch it for as long as it entertains me, then I'll stop watching it when it stops entertaining me.

Stephen King Mortys? When did that happen?

I'd agree with this. Some of the highs I consider for season 2:
A Rickle in Time
Mortynight Run
Total Rickall
The Ricks Must Be Crazy
The Wedding Squanchers

Highs for season 3:
The Rickshank Rickdemption
Rest and Ricklaxation
Tales from the Citadel

R&M has next week's episode to try and even it out, otherwise season 3 will have been the most boring season they've done thus far. A bad R&M episode is still better than most of what TV has to offer, but it's a shame they were never able to keep up the momentum after season 1. I don't know that many shows that lose steam after only 11 episodes.

... why is that your trip?

Beth is Rick's favourite and Rick pretty much controls everything. He's the show's God and he doesn't even believe in God.
He doesn't believe in himself.

autism

I think that the highs of Season 3 are far higher than Season 2 though.

>Nobody reacts. Nobody gives a shit. No one.
If Rick wants to get (You)s he can always go to the Citadel.

What is the purpose of bootleg portal fluid?

so people could teleport anywhere they want to? seems like a bunch of them had to revoke their portal guns to stay at the citadel

Did you watch the end of the episode where the well was full of portal fluid and discarded guns? The Ricks in the Citadel are unable to leave.

Same for Jerry in the context of Rick's deconstruction. A pathetic parasite who feeds of people feeling sorry for him.

Why did Rick even call Beth smart? She was a horse doctor. I doubt she could even fix a basic appliance and having a middle school tier nihilistic view isn't knowing a lot.

>burp* life treats you like shit and whenever people help you its just because you are an evil manipulator
>i-i certainly dont say that cause i hate you for knocking up my daughter or anything, l-life is meaningless, i swear

The bit with the Mortys from that school of Mortys that escaped to go to that wishing portal that turned out to be the garbage dump.

It's common enough for vets to switch tracks to becoming doctors that they asked in our very first histopath prac for med whether any of us were vets (plus some of the drugs are shared).

>do we all agree this was the best episode so far from this shitty season?
No, the concept of the citadel makes no sense. Don't really get the love for the episode.

I'm really hoping they'll do something with Beth now that it's established she's as fucked up as Rick, but I don't think they will. If there really are all these female writers now I'd expect the female characters to get more attention than they do.

I enjoyed the toxin episode, largely just for sociopath Morty. The memory episode had some surprisingly good bits considering it was a replacement for the cable episodes, which were undeniably the worst in the first two seasons.
Whatever the reason, I'm bummed that Rick and Morty has fallen off so hard. Season 3 is just weak by comparison, and it'll probably only go downhill from here until the end.

Its gets this much praise, because its good made, has some Lynch feel with it. And especially its dark&gritty with a big portion of lore/developement, foreshadowing and interpretable moments. This is something that get fans and build a movement were everyone is talking about the episode.

destyy.com/q8nI8K
the universe is yours rick and morty remix

And got called smart for it and got no kind of karmic retribution, which means the writers don't think she deserves a punishment. Meanwhile, Jerry is sexist for being attracted to his new girlfriend's body and racist for being put off by alien anatomy. Would I be racist for not wanting to fuck a sentient xenomorph?

Dan Harmon cannot write his own show. He's the George Lucas of it all. He's a good idea guy but, man, leave the actual writing parts to Justin.
>Is this the best episode?
Yes. Whoever wrote it deserves an award, but probably won't get one.

When does he ever do this, though? He weasels his way out of situations for sure, and tries to get others to fight his battles, but he's also the one who most frequently overcomes his faults and acts the least maliciously.

He's basically their Meg Griffin. If they wanted Jerry to be unlikeable, they should have gotten someone other than Dr. Spaceman to voice him.

>Mat Damon pulling "UGH I HATE MALE WHITEY" schtick to deflect criticism so that Tumblr/Reddit crowd can suck his cock for it.

>Not to mention Twitter Bluechecks as well

When the chips are down Jerry was able to spit out his reasons for breaking up. Meanwhile Beth couldn't say "I'm sorry I locked you in a cannibalistic incest Hell where you had to eat your deformed babies to live." and decided murdering them all is better.

For me when the entire family shits on each other like nihilistic assholes, it gets annoying. Rick had foils to play against the other family members but now they're all Rick except Jerry.

It seemed pretty clear the problem was Jerry couldn't handle an active Xeno lifestyle of hunting everyday. Why did they turn it into a race/sexism thing?

you. I like you