Why is Ethan Hunt so much better than James Bond?

Why is Ethan Hunt so much better than James Bond?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LuJFfn1snZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he isnt such a try hard

the hair?

because tom cruise

how long do you think it took to make sure that wig stayed on?

cause he's gay

Which bond are we talking about?
Even then the only mission impossible movie I really like is the first one becaused based depalma.

it's his natural hair

sure it is

there is pretty much nothing real about Tom Cruise

Man, James Hurley was always cool.

scientology joke

>being this jealous

every bond

in fact only good bond there's ever been is sean connery

james bond is supposed to be a seductive skilled genius agent. ethan hunt is more hansdome than any bond, certainly more skilled and definitely smarter

>daniel craig suffering to catch a nigerian thug in cassino royale
sigh

Also, hunt has a face and soon to be 6 movies, unlike bond, who switches actor every 3-4 movies. Ethan Hunt is the kind of character you bond with

The MI movies are just a copy of James Bond. The MI tv series has nothing to do with the films, it was about teamwork. Cruise Ethan is just doing everything and the other guys help a little.

he's always been gorgeous

>it was about teamwork.
And gadgets! The MI movies have a dearth of gadgets.

>looking in the mirror to aim backwards
fuck that entire chase at the end was brilliant

pretty much....soon he'll just be a coat of silicon plastered on an animitronic skeleton

still the most beautiful man in hollwood to have ever existed

Body thetans?

except he's a 5'6 brainwashed dork

Doesn't have the baggage and hype riding on him like bond does.

Kino Royale was the last good bond movie followed by bondo spurgo which was completely ruined by spectre

Why meatballhead signed on for more is beyond me obviously the money's good but the dan craig hasn't been good in the roll for years

Bond is corny cause it's all so tryhard with all the stylishness and shit and everyone trying to sound clever and edgy. It's gotten really stale and the cheese factor increases with every movie. They need to let go and roughen the edges a bit to freshen it out, make everyone not so flawless and cartoonishly perfect. Make Bond say "fuck" sometimes instead of something PG every time, let him mess something up and stammer a bit. Just roughen the shit up so it would seem less fake and manufactured. That's my take, but of course if you change shit up a lot of people are going to be mad. A lot of people just want more of the same, executed well

Skyfall did this and it mostly worked but sadly he was back to generic quipping crap in the very next movie

While you're not wrong I think the real problem is the lack of decent side kicks and villains.

Everything has been very forgettable to the point I don't even remember the point or plot of the villain in spectre nor that boring black bitch who's meant to be Moneypenny.

They should just let bond cool off for a while and even go retro and throw the series back into the 50-90s since nustalgia is all the rage now why not ?

Modern day bond is boring as you said they just can't make it interesting without changing too much.

As much flak as kingsman 1 and 2 gets they are legitimately better than the last decade of Bond movies especially when it comes to what made bond memorable in the first place
>Cool cars gadgets guns characters villains fun plots totally over the top and original.

Bond really is stale in its current form and I think they just need to stop it's a 70 odd year old franchise if they can't fix it let it sit until someone comes up with something interesting as it stands I'm so sick of the lack of gadgets memorable sidekicks or anything cool fun or interesting

I literally completely forget the plot of spectre and I can't say that about any other Bond movie not even the weakest ones like QoS

the running

youtube.com/watch?v=LuJFfn1snZI

Nothing in a James Bond movie can beat this scene.

>go retro and throw the series back into the 50s
the only way to save it at this point
shot for shot remake of from russia would be kino

007 failed to adapt itself to modern times, while M:I was always about modern spy-fi.

this
apex of spy movies

i loved the one about the virus (i think MI2), but everyone seems to hate it

Mission Impossible doesn't do too badly.

Hunt actually has a team to support him. This makes him more realistic. The idea of a single agent operating alone is just silly. This flaw is made all the more obvious by the mere notion of a nigger Bond.

You can tell Mikami really copied that look for Leon in Resident Evil 4

This, obviously.

You have no fucking idea about reality you moron

Jason Bourne is better than both

Delet this

Americans > english islamics

Bond >> Bourne >> Eggsy >> Hunt

>activate quantum immortality

>Xenu is actually below the Bogs
this activate my almonds

Because Ethan knows how to take it easy sometimes and has a good rapport with his team

Ethan Hunt is a mary sue
Prove me wrong

Well since now we have issues with Russia. It maybe a new age of spy cinema/pop culture with Red sparrow out and all.

What the fuck is wrong with their chin?

Could someone give me a rundown on that pic?

Because he's American and a Scientologist, the Religion of the Future.