Who else is hyped for the first western anime? I think Jaden Smith will be perfect for this role

Who else is hyped for the first western anime? I think Jaden Smith will be perfect for this role.

Please stop.

It's already out.

It's not even the first American anime with a black protagonist.

Not even trolling, this was legit kino. Some of the best anime satire I've ever seen, I was laughing my ass off every episode.

I think too many people have been fooled into thinking this was supposed to be serious, it's obviously an absurdist parody, and it's weirdly genius.

I normally hate Jaden Smith, but I have to give him props on this one. Hyped for s2.

y'all niggas stupid

>Anime
>Literally means Japanese Animation
>Western Anime
>Western
>Anime
I'm sick of this meme.

>reverse poe's law
Always sad to see

It's ok, user, I hear they make velcro shoes in adult sized now

fuck this abortion, I was so apprehensive when I saw the trailer. Then I saw his name and I noped so hard. FUCK THAT SHITTY LITTLE FUCK. nepotism at it's finest.

I saw it and he can't voice act shit

I watched it and I hated it, I didn't like it as a comedy nor as any other kind of show, there was too much tumblr everywhere, the jokes were super tumblr, the discussions too. the only not tumblr thing on it was the bad action scenes, it was soooo bad, please watch it illegally, dont give them money please

>tumblr
focken wut

I did not ask for this creature to be famous. Please stop.

Seen episode 1. It's not exactly my thing, but I will try at least one more episode, cause it's not bad.

dude, those comunism monologues, those gender speeches, those lame jokes and lazy references, self loathing dialogues mentioning anxiety and depression, those are the key elements of the average tumblrina

and you took it seriously?

even ironically its bad and cringey, making your show purposefully bad so you can get attention from memes is not a respectable thing

Arcangelo is a pure being that needs love

Anime just means cartoon, dumbass. Tom and Jerry is one of the most popular animes according to Japanese people.

it's extremely boring. i couldn't even watch all six episodes without taking breaks to wake myself up. it didn't feel like satire at all. the only part i really enjoyed was the charles' pilot reveal. kaz getting pissed off at arcangelo for trying to be his friend was good too. the rest just felt like a slog and i only finished it so nobody could tell me to give it a chance. it's bad and did a great job of targeting unfunny faggot memers as their audience.

It gets better as it goes on, but conversely, if you're not onboard by the end of the first episode then chances are it isn't for you.

It's funny, cause saying that pretends that Japanese people don't have a way to refer to western animation, as well as animation that comes from their own country.
You act as if language is absolute.

Who gives a fuck. If you're not a weeb who hates everything that wasn't made in japan it doesn't really matter if something is anime or not.

Anime means all animation in Japanese, but Japanese animation in English. It's a so-called "false friend", a seemingly similar word with distinctly different meanings in different languages.

Average anime quality is much, much, much higher than average Western animation quality, so there's very good reason for being like that.

That's not to say there aren't shitty animes or good cartoons, of course, but there aren't really any great cartoons because of this simple fact.

This. If everyone uses a word in a certain way, than that's the definition of the word. English-speakers use the term "anime" to distinguish Japanese animation from all other animation, so that's what anime means in English.

>Average anime quality is much, much, much higher than average Western animation quality

You don't watch much anime, do you?

The shittiest animes are generally a full tier above the shittiest cartoons, the latter of which are always actively painful to watch.
Meanwhile cartoons don't even seem to exist in the same galaxy as the best anime.

Therefore I stand by my statement.

I really liked this one, knowing that a is a weird satire on anime by playing it straight instead of going '' so dumb is good, right???''

I mean at some point he was listening to a record called ''sad music from the past'' or something

I watched it with a buddy, and we laughed at 90% of the jokes. I think the awkward soapboxing, shitty animation, and strange tone are all worth getting past. It feels like something off of early 2000s Newgrounds crossed over with a bad romantic comedy.

wut

V a p e

why is Smith misspelled Smif

>>Literally means Japanese Animation
Just "animation", actually.

read and STFU in shame you moron

This,

This may be an odd way of putting it, but its so stupid that its fascinating. It's something you either like or hate.

>the first western anime
If western creative staff but Jap animators counts as "western anime" then about 70%+ of "western" cartoons are anime. Inspector Gadget is anime. Transformers is anime. And that's before we even get to directly inspired stuff like Oban Star Racers or My Life Me. So no OP, it's far from the first "western anime".

But don't the Japanese consider shows like Spongebob and Mickey mouse Anime? I'm pretty sure the whole "Anime means Japanese animation" is a western thing.

That is LITERALLY what that post says, you idiot.

Ah yes, I see now. Forgive for my misread if you can friend.