Shelf thread

I didn't see a shelf thread.

I want a shelf thread

Finally gave in and bought the TPB (used for €20 but in perfect condition from some guy living around the corner).
Still holding out for a new HC reprint or even an Absolute

All mine are in the attic since i left home

While not Sup Forums related I did finish reading American Gods today and thought it was alright are Gaiman's comics worth a read?

fellow eurofag here. just started my physical collection after wanting to get TPBs and HCs all my life. been meaning to get New Frontier as one of my first ones (bought Watchmen first after already having the first two Smallville Season 11 comics) but thought I'd rather buy All-Star Superman and the TDKR Trilogy first. pic related

>used for 20€

you could have bought it new from books.co.uk mate

Yeah I could have, but it was just around the corner and I could have refused to get it when I picked it up, but as I said, it's in perfect condition.
Also, booksetc's version is more expensive.
Also I secretly hoped it was the deluxe HC

>Also, booksetc's version is more expensive.

it's not. the pound to euro conversion is even a few cents below 20€. The delivery fee shouldn't be a problem if you buy other books with it

doesn't matter any more, I have it now.

>signed
damn nice

are the HC versions of All Star Superman and Kingdom Come even worth it? Looks to me as if the TPBs were quite a nice job by DC

My recent purchases.

Currently reading Book 1 of Southern Bastards and Hellboy Library 3. Have Chew Omnivore 2, Hellboy Library 4, and in floppies all of Morrison's Batman run on standby. Waiting for Sandman Omnibus 1 to arrive. Should keep me occupied for a minute.

Some wall art. Franky is signed.

KC got a Deluxe Edition and DC does a good job with those, plus I'm sure it has extras if you're into that.

Otherwise the Absolute Editions are pretty much only for you if you're really into the art.

If you just want to have the comic to read it then the tpb is great.

the absolute is sexy

It's fucking PAYDAY.

So I'm going to add to series I'm already collecting - Probably Scott Pilgrim and The Goon, and if I can spare it - New Hellboy in Hell Library Ed. at the end of the month.

I'll let you guys know what I'm getting.

Got Deathstroke volume 1 from DC Rebirth coming in the post either tomorrow or Saturday. Already read some of the first issue online and liked it enough I'll probably get volume two when I go and pick up my floppies next week.

I'll probably get New Super-Man or Abnett's Titans next since I'm really enjoying his Aqua Man run at the moment.

>Black Hole
Fucking nice, one of my favourite comics of all time, did any anons get the re-release of Burn's trilogy he did in one book called Last Look? I've been meaning to buy it lately but I hope I'm not too late and it doesn't go out of print or something

Updated, sorry for the weird angle.

My shelf. I apologize for the quality

my recent purchases

My birthday gets from a few weeks ago. Legion omni courtesy of my mom, the clever girl.

Oh man, I have that Necronomicon but I had no idea it was part of a set. Neat.

There's also eldritch tales which has the rest of lovecrafts works, conans companions which collects, kull, solomon kane, el borak, bran mak morn, etc, but those two books in hard cover are really expensive because they're out of print and there's a tarzan book

conans brethren*

I remember you posting that when you got it, looks absolutely fantastic...

Thanks man. I adore it

Whatcha reading /shelf/?

I started reading Peter Milligan's Enigma tonight and I really want to read the rest in one sitting. There's just something about it that's really captivating.

Mignolaverse. Just finished Library vol. 5, amazing stuff. Now I'm reading some BPRD.

that's a lot of omnis

I need more.

My most recent purchases.

And my book shelf.

I was lucky and found two of the 90's Dark Horse Moebius short story collections at Half Price Books. I like how simple and sometimes silly his short works are, also that one story about how an erection caused a galactic war.

>v.3
Conquerer Worm is peak Hellboy, imo.

>spending money on comics
>maus
>reading comics written by women
w e w

I have revently read the v.1 GI Joe Complete and Morrison Doom Patrol. I loved them both. I have been saving the last 10 issues of Kirby FF and reading them one at time. Last night I read 95. As you would expect, it was great.
Pic related is in the mail.

I only read digital but I refuse to actually buy any digital because most of it has DRM, do you guys think its still worth buying physicals I won't ever open just to support creators I like?

what paper is the wonder woman golden age printed on? is it the deluxe newsprint they used for stuff like new frontier hardcover, or is it just the normal glossy stuff?

It's a thicker matte paper. It's nice.

excellent, that's what I was hoping for, assuming it's the stuff they've been using for their other older reprints

Not a comic but I'm finishing the complete chronicles of conan. I just finished people of the black circle

That's my favorite one, user. Fritz Lieber's favorite too, iirc.

Bump

>do you guys think its still worth buying physicals I won't ever open just to support creators I like?
Just buy shit you like or think you'll like.

Happy with my latest haul.

DC: The New Frontier

How much did you drop on agents of hate?

Everything in the post is like $6 each.

MOME

and these

Where's a good place online to get older floppies? Anywhere better than ebay and Amazon?

It was pretty damn stellar

Enigma is so damn good. Top tier Milligan

Entirely depending on your country

mycomicshop

Burgerland and thanks.

Is Gundam Origin anygood? Im a big gundam builder but ive never been into the show/manga

>Mfw local importer doesn't have the first two volumes of Hellboy
>if I import them myself I have to play extra 20$ on shipping
Eastern Europe fucking shite

judging by your purchases, you must have been in an infinitude-like mood

that Judge badge is Gucci

that a new Thor hardcover?

Kirby variant edition of the new Mighty Thor vol 3 Omni

upu

Newkadia is decent. Their prices aren't too bad and shipping is really good and not too pricey (I got my order in Minnesota from their store in New Jersey in 3 days). They also include coupons for up to like 30% off an order in your delivery.

Beast 1 and 2, impressive!
Always wanted to read Hair Shirt, Patrick McEown is so underated, can draw in so many styles well, I really enjoy his stuff. Especially that one comic from Dave Coopers Weasels that wasn't read in a traditional way, it was double-page spreads where the action depended on which character you followed, some of the backgrounds were uninked, it was a really well-done formal experiment.

Some of his stuff is okay, just avoid Sandman, which is overrated preachy garbage

That crazy gambling manga with sexy insane bitches near orgasming got a Western release?!
Imma have to grab that.

>$6 for some extra large looking Nextwave trades
Your "Find of the Century" trophy is in the mail, user.
Lucky damn duck.

Just got Mutiny Bay, fucking loved it, got Showtime and Nwai in coming next week. Great taste, mayne. Maybe I should get into Lando, I have one of his old mini's I bought off him a few years back 'cause it looked interesting but I dunno.
Oh I got Cosse's Retrofit book too when it came out, Harold, that was pretty damn good

Btw are you the user who I was talking to about getting these off E-Bay as a job lot? Can't remember how much you said you paid for them fuck it may as well post my shelves

2/7

3/7

>Rachel Rising
>90's Thunderbolts
>WW-era 90's Justice League
>Delano Animal man
Smack dab in the middle of all of these.
Hows the Crepax book?

4/7

5/7

6/7

7/7

Didn't realise they'd collected the three parts into one...Might have to add that to the list,

I think I have to agree with you.

Yes it is. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth 3D printing up a helmet or just picking up a cast online. Too much stuff to buy, not enough money...

Alphabetised my mag-sized floppies, too (dunno if you can read any of the titles, though). I need a new box, got nearly half of that again that needs to be stored, as it is it's just dumped on top of the box

Yeah, best thing he's done imho, see(Last Look)

It's pretty good. I'm glad that I found it randomly.
I haven't reached it yet. I'm hoping to finish it by the time the third book comes out.

Will you storytime Pope Hats 5 this weekend?

Dos

are those spine image DC books the bi-monthly release things?

Yeah man, sorry about the delay. Scanned a couple of other bits too.
Is that a h/c David Boring? Anyone with Time Clock and Wally Gropius is fucking cool in my book.

Great tastes

yeah hc, I really liked it
Present by Leslie Stein is on the way in the mail right now too
thanks dubsdude

Yeah I ordered it too a couple of days back. Genuinely think Time Clock was one of the best books of 2016. Plus she seems really happy to engage with fans on normiebook.

Also, yeah, DB is one of the best things Clowes has ever done imho

Image books are such a gamble for me
Panzerfaust, Roche Limit, Low and Great Pacific all are boring as fuck

Grump