Before Watchmen Rorschach Storytimes

Storytiming the 4 issues of Before Watchmen about Rorschach who takes places on the 70's.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4d3bJYDS0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Must you?

The Minutemen, Doctor Manhattan, and Nite Owl minis weren't bad.

just to see Sup Forums's reactions.

And I'm out

Best line from Before Watchmen

It's time to shit is better

There's more Watchmen stuff than just Watchmen? Is any of it good?

Also, did anything come of the recent Sandman crossover stuff? Is it worth reading if I don't care about bat man at all but really liked Sandman?

let's start the 2/4.

I wonder how can Azzarello write some legitimately good comics and then shit like this.

3/4

He phoned it in for the paycheck, he knew he wouldn't come close anything from the original so why even bother?

> Is any of it good?

It's all trash, as expected.

>that splatter on the eggs

This whole thing comes off as facetious honestly. It feels like they didn't even try

youtube.com/watch?v=U4d3bJYDS0Y

this comic makes me realize I really like Azz's stuff, because I like this even though I'm not supposed to

I'm falling asleep and i'm tired.
somebody could relays me posting the rest?
yes I make goddamn compromise even in front of the goddamn armaggedon!
in fact I wanted to storytime this just to shown you the Taxi Driver reference, i'm an asshole but at least I'm happy to realize I was not the only one to think the atmosphere of New York City in Watchmen is fucking similar to that movie.
good night and thank you for reading, anyway you don't seem to like it very much.
now if some user could continue it would be nice.

It's not entirely bad, just useless

Which most one of the two problems with Before Watchmen: either they did nothing interesting to not fuck with the original, or they tried something interesting and fucked with the original

Which is*

I wish Bermejo would break free of Azzarello, his art is so great. His chrismass Batman comic was really nice.

I feel that Before Watchmen misses the point of the original work and is basing it's plot off the movie's interpretation of the characters. Rorschach act closer to his movie counterpart, which is this violent sociopath who's bitter and angry. The art looks realistic, rather than attempt to get the John Bryne feel of the original work.

>would break free of Azzarello
Why? The other stuff they've done together was good.

>Describing Gibbons' art as "John Byrne feel"
wtf man?

My mistake, I meant like Gibbon's style with better use of color and details.

Did you like American Monster?

>Is any of it good?
It's not nearly as bad as Sup Forums would have you believe
It's also not anywhere near watchman.
It's at least faithful to the canon and most of it is just expanding on things hinted at in the original book, but really it's unessential. IMO, some of them are fun and worth the ride and some are not.

fuck this in particular

haven't read it yet, desu

>The art looks realistic, rather than attempt to get the John Bryne feel of the original work.
All the BW books had different art styles from the original.
That is the entire fucking point of doing a project like this to see this world through a different creators lens.

>I feel that Before Watchmen misses the point of the original work
Do tell what that is in this context.
It's not telling the same story so why would it have the same point?

I got the taxi driver vibe but didn't realize it was a direct reference

So anyone going to finish this?

alright, Before Watchmen is pointless, what about the Sandman crossover I've been hearing about lately? has anyone read it yet? is it as stupid as a Sandman x Batman crossover not written by Gaiman sounds?

>Serious smack
>*SMACK*