So I took a break from comics ever since the end of the 2004ish cosmic Marvel run...

So I took a break from comics ever since the end of the 2004ish cosmic Marvel run, and checked in a bit during the prelude to secret wars.

What the fuck happened

>What the fuck happened

Movies, shitty crossover events, and endless pandering.

>What the fuck happened

I don't even know where to start.

Why is Reed wearing the Ultimate F4 costume?

this

>this isn't the same OP as the other dozen threads today
I'm sure.

I understand movies doing what they did to the GotG. But what happened to the avengers, if anything they should be front and center, not literally replaced.

COSMIC

First time visiting Sup Forums since the F4 remade reality

>But what happened to the avengers

Pandering. Most of them are straight white males, so they need to be replaced with a more diverse cast:
- Iron man was replaced by a black teen girl who is also a super genius,
- Captain America is now a Nazi, he is replaced by Falcon,
- Thor, the definition of masculinity in the Marvel Universe, is now NOT WORTHY so Jane Foster is dyking around with the hammer in the name of feminism (she beats up Odin, Titania surrenders to her because she supports her feminist cause, and Bor is shouting censored mansplaining and "unsolicited opinions on Israel" - I'm not making any of this shit up),
- there's a black spider-man, from the Ultimate Universe,
- Hulk is now Asian (ok, this one makes a bit sense, it's Amadeus Cho)
- Moon Boy (of "~ and Devil Dinosaur") was replaced by Moon Girl (who is also black, and also a super genius...)
- Squirrel Girl is now fat and ugly

That's just from the top of my head, but it already sounds like a post from Sup Forums, despite all of it being actual storylines and pages from comics.

t. I don't read comics but am very susceptible to being triggered

Captain America replaced Falcon again
Iron Man is coming back in month

Explain this page then.

It's not edited. It's an actual page from a Marvel comic.

>- Captain America is now a Nazi, he is replaced by Falcon,
This is not really true, and what you're specifically describing was an event.
>Bor is shouting censored mansplaining and "unsolicited opinions on Israel" - I'm not making any of this shit up),
This was Angela: Queen of Hel not Thor - not saying that was any good as a book, but still. It's also a Fables reference which nobody seems to get.

Or how about this fight? The followup page has Titania knocking out Absorbing Man because of girl power high fives.

>This was Angela: Queen of Hel not Thor

Angela, who was revealed to be the sister of Thor.

Yeah I know but Angela was a weird book, it's not really line typical. Neither is Squirrel Girl.

I think Marvel is pretty shit like but you're very obviously butthurt and seem like kind of an idiot. I mean, nobody gave a fuck about Moon Boy. Thor's whole trainwreck is much more about Jason Aaron giving himself a reach-around than anything else too IMO. 'What If' Jane Foster became Thor was a comic in the 70s.

But to OP I'm legit not sure how many books I would be able to recommend from when you stopped reading. Maybe a dozen? It's not been good.

Bendis, Ike, and Axel happened

>Angela, who was revealed to be the sister of Thor.
Right, but not actually a Thor comic? And mostly ignored in that comic, probably because Marvel weirdly bought up the rights for some reason when they had no idea what to do with her?

I mean Angela was around in Bendis' whole terrible GotG fiasco wasn't she?

Don't forget Brevoort.

also Sana Amanat

been quite a while since i was in co, this has to be edited, no way the SJW cause has progressed this much..

Marvel wants to be hip.

Drax was not blue, that's Major Victory/Vance Astrovik.

It was allegedly supposed to be tongue in cheek, meta humor. Best case scenario, it completely missed the mark.

>there's a black spider-man, from the Ultimate Universe,
There's two now, one's a teen, the other an adult who is the first spiderman before Peter. Both are Miles.

> I'm not Jewish but I really need to carry their water
Why is Bill Willingham such a faggot

Cyclopes was too right so marvel killed him

What

Just read DC.

that is not a fables reference. It was supposed to be a joke but made no sense

>an adult who is the first spiderman before Peter
Whoa haha the cuckery is strong in this one, congratulations bendis.
At this point, Peter would be a complete newfag at being Spider-Man, huh? Like, the spider's last choice after everyone else failed.

I myself picked up a comics series for the first time today, dc has this new run that's a conan the barbarian and wonder woman crossover, and It's absolutely grand. Issue one is out now, as a fan of Conan I love this stuff. The atmosphere, the art, it's all authentic, and wonder woman manages to be interesting, even if (unlike our fearless Cimmerian) she isn't decapitating anyone.

I recommend it.

The Fables thing is literally an unsolicited opinion about Israel and this came after Bill Willingham had gone on a weird female writer rant at a con IIRC.

This is like someone waking up a thousand years later in a dystopian future and someone has to tell the long tale of genocide, political betrayal, and an evil despot ruling over the world with an iron fist.

but in the Thor comic it still was written as a joke