FLASHPOINT

The first draft of the script is reportedly complete and is described as a "coming of age" movie. Phil Lord & Chris Miller are out of the running to direct, and Warner is still trying to get Robert Zemeckis on board, but is also meeting with other potential directors.

There's also a rumor going around that Barry Allen and Iris West are college students in JUSTICE LEAGUE and that they're borrowing elements from Jay Garrick's origin for the DCEU version.

comicbookmovie.com/the_flash/flashpoint-script-has-reportedly-been-turned-in-but-warner-bros-has-yet-to-settle-on-a-director-a154090

>Flashpoint
>Coming of age

It's hard to think of terms to describe Flashpoint that aren't synonyms for trash, but coming-of-age story definitely isn't one of them.

Johns is a hack that uses his position to shill for his adaptations so he can swim in royalties,

Think about it. It works better as an early Flash story

people seemed a bit too hung up on the name. Its just going to be Flash trying to save his mother using time travel.

This. Its just for recognition like AoU, Civil War and age of Apocalypse. It will just have enough elements the same to use the name

I just want to see Wonder woman killing children. Is that too much to ask for a flashpoint movie?

Lord/Miller Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie when?

How? The whole thing with flashpoint is you the reader giving a fuck about how twisted the world has become due to Barry's moment of weakness.

The movieverse has none of that because as viewers the only characters we give a shit about are Superman and maybe wonder woman. Its like making the first superman movie crisis on infinite earths just so you can adopt superman's iconic crying pose.

Goddamn Flashpoint, its the DC equivalent of Marvel's Civil War: and overrated event that causals parrot. I JUST WANT THE GODDAMN ROGUES

Well since its being made after Wonder Woman and Aquanan so its not so much a problem and it was never going to be a 1for1 adaptation anyway. Why I think it would work better is that it teaches Flash he can't use time travel to solve his problems because of the unforeseeable consequences it can have. That's a lesson for a rookie Flash not a veteran

Make a billion dollars then.
Much as it's easy to blame casuals, when you make a product for a small and hardcore audience that doesn't insure its quality.
Just look at Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Its just frustrating given that Barry has an interesting dynamic with a good portion of his villains, being thieves with a code and everything. We could have Oceans Eleven with superhero shit, but instead we have to sit through another "Hero vs Hero" plotline, only this time its from time travel fuckery

You can show the Amazon Atlantis war, Batdad, the malnourished Superman and Cyborg as the big hero in the film and have the audience know how fucked up it is because all those characters will have had movies by then. Really all you lose is the resistance and Captain Atom

>...instead we have to sit through another "Hero vs Hero" plotline, only this time its from time travel fuckery

Even worse considering this is the only big Flash story most casuals are aware of so this is likely Flash's only movie outing for awhile. I mean really, what is the movie going to do that the show hasn't already covered or shit up?

We all want the Rogues, but knowing WB we'd get their shitty New 52 versions.

They're adapting the Bad End Justice League too. It's just a bad idea for a first movie.

So, when will the Justice League actually do some hero stuff instead of fighting each other in DCEU?

Except Flashpoint is fucking terrible, and people want a self contained Flash story. Knowing Johns, he'd adamantly fight for tech Rogues over Metas.

>Barry Allen and Iris West are college students in JUSTICE LEAGUE

They weren't kidding about wanting to turn the Flash into DC's Spider-Man.

Barry was also classmates with Victor Stone, apparently.

You gotta stop and realize you're talking about the people whose second Superman film/first Batman film were a combined mashup of the Death of Superman and TDKR. They don't think about shit like that.

I'm sure tech Rogues are his preference, but he let all that meta shit be done to them in the New 52, so I'm not sure how hard he'd fight for them anymore.

why isn't there a muscular flash? why are we stuck with twinks like this and grant gustin or whatever his name is.

he's meant to be jacked