Power Rangers #19 + Go Go Power Rangers #3

Double Power Rangers storytime. Starting with issue 19 of the main series, and then issue 3 of the pre-Tommy spinoff.
The last issue of Justice League/Power Rangers was also storytimed earlier this week at

Other urls found in this thread:

www57.zippyshare.com/v/Y1CiqSo0/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GAjbBbDjdPg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I had to resize a couple of pages because of filesize limits, so if that bothers you be sure to grab the original here: www57.zippyshare.com/v/Y1CiqSo0/file.html

Crowverload and Goth Sloth are pretty good MMPR names and designs

His hair is fabulous

Even modernized Tommy must have the hair

SLUT

Aw Billy and Skull being former friends is sad

>Pet Dragon
>Older Brother (Rito)
I fucking love these touches

What?

thanks OP
One of the solicits a few months ago said that there will be an issue about a Power Rangers team in the 60s

Thanks for the storytime OP.

I kinda like GoGo more than the other storyline, I'm just not interested in Tommy's stuff at all.

Tommy was barely in this issue

I'm really enjoying Go Go too. I like the idea of showcasing the Rangers adjusting to their responsibility. Also I love the idea that there was a random sixth guy in their group who they had to keep everything a secret from. Wonder what's going to happen with him.

ugh, cringe

I just feel like there should've been more focus on the original five since having Tommy there since the beginning takes the novelty out of the sixth ranger, it's why I like Go Go more. Go Go also feels less angsty, which helps.

So the OC dies because of Zordon's stingy rules preventing Kim from explaining she's a superhero? Well this'll have a fun aftermath.

GoGo feels more like the actual show and focuses more on the teenagers instead of being rangers, which makes it better in my opinion. Also I think Dan Mora's art is great which helps

Damn Trini you thirsty.

Boom Trini is a slut
GGPR has her lusting over Jason
MMPR had her alternate self crushing on Billy
Pink had her getting ZACKED

Isn't she a lesbian in the movie?

Aftershock was mediocre and Parrott hasn't written much in the past but I'm surprised at how solid GGPR is

yeah but nobody cares about the movie

>Crowverload

I shouldn't like that as much as I do.

I'm glad the monsters are now less generic like the ones in the beginning issues

Vitruvian Man was cool

QUIPS

How are they just talking to Finnster?

They captured him as a prisoner last issue

What do you mean?

They captured him last issue and are keeping him prisoner

oh
i've missed a few issues, alright, thanks
someone else answered me, thanks anyway boco

huh

I like where this is going, gives more stakes

>Wonder what's going to happen with him.
looks like he bit the dusthe wasn't a random he was kims boyfriend

He's mentioned in MMPR by Kim's mother
If I remember correctly Kimberly started crying (or almost) and ran out of the room

She looks fairly young for a person who was a Power Ranger in the 60s

youtube.com/watch?v=GAjbBbDjdPg

If this is still somehow 1993 and she was a teenager in 1969 she'd only be about 40

The comic has smartphones user
Smartphones

65?

So is this will be goggle v or Zyuranger

To make up for her being gay in the movie

probably Zyuranger still since the 60's team is still Zordon's team

kek

>female red ranger
reeeee

But...sentai didn't exist until the late 70s.

bump

I'm surprised Saban hasn't tried to make a female Red Ranger yet. Because of identity politics (Haim seemed to like the attention the movie got from an autistic Billy and lesbian Trini), an attempt to piggyback from Star Wars having female leads, and just to spark some publicity that the show hasn't had in a while.

Bruce Kalish (most of the Disney seasons) said that Toei execs threatened to no longer have business with him when he said he wanted a female Red Ranger IIRC
He then clarified that she was just a side character who turns out to be a villain

I remember hearing it was Disney who vetoed the idea. And Toei's on friendlier terms with Saban than they ever were with Disney, so there could be leeway there. Probably not though. But making the Red Ranger a girl as a cheap publicity stunt is totally the kind of shit Saban would pull.

>Jason is not the original Red Ranger

Jesus, this is sad. I need more shota Billy