Why are Sociopathic Monster...

Why are Sociopathic Monster, Complete Retard and Punching Bag Loser the only directions adult cartoon characters can develop in?

Gee I don't know let me ask Bob's Burgers or King of the Hill you lazy fucking retard

This. It's a common fallback for lazy writers, but many good ones can avoid it. Just gotta dig deeper.

I meant relevant adult cartoons user

This
It's just Lazy Writing.
In Family Guy's case it's pretty much the writer's apathy and occasional disdain for writing the show it seems.
But when the writers run out of ideas it's easy to say "Why would this happen? Because I don't know I don't give a fuck and neither do the characters"
Though in Rick and Morty's case they were always sociopaths.

Wow, way to hit below the belt faggot.

*Cough* Bojack Horseman

Bojack Horseman is pretty great. Granted one of the characters is in fact a complete retard but everyone else manages to be multi-dimensional.

the morty's have a much nicer house

At least Family Guy hasn't been as terrible the past few seasons. Fun to watch every now and then.

Bob's Burgers and American Dad definitely don't fall into the stereotypes OP specified though.

Speaking of adult cartoons, should I watch Jonny Quest first a bit to make watching Venture Bros better as I heard VB parodies JQ, or is it okay enough to just watch VB right off the bat?

I see that Sup Forums is too casual and dumb to know the famous archetypes of comedy.

American Dad's characters constantly change depending on whats funny but Roger is definitely a sociopath and Jeff is a retard. Steve switches from punching bag to hidden Casanova very often.

I wonder who he's talking about.

Either way works, really.

Getting the JQ references is fun, but you don't need a deep understanding of anything Venture Bros parodies to appreciate the nods to their history.

Loser

Homer and Peter are mega alphas compared to Jerry. When they fought it was like a middle aged version of Hulk versus Superman.
jerry is his own thing. A snivelling, spineless, loathesome thing, but he really isn't the same as them at all.
The moms aren't very similar either. nor are Bart and Morty and Chris.
Summer and Lisa are both annoying virtue signalling bitches, that is pretty much the only parallel.

I don't think that was the point of the image

What about him Sup Forums?

He's a fucking asshole, but is partly a product of his time still shown to care immensly about his family. Most of the characters in OPs pic are either borderline or straight up sociopaths, which Frank is not.

The way how the 2nd season ended was a disappointment.

I wanted them to legitimately start working on their dreams

I didn't need the foreshadowing to be clearly handed to me: let fans have fun coming up with theories and figuring shit out.

Because I want to watch TV I can relate to. Just look at how many fags on here self identify as a Jerry

The mouse for leaving Princess Caroline