The Dark Age of Disney, also known as the Bronze Age...

>The Dark Age of Disney, also known as the Bronze Age, saw Disney Studios struggle to find their footing without Walt there to hold the reins. This was a time of trial-and-error in which the animators shied away from traditional storytelling tropes seen in the Golden and Silver Ages and instead shifted toward darker and more secular stories. Films released during this time include The Aristocats, Robin Hood, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Rescuers, The Fox and the Hound, The Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, and Oliver and Company. With the exception of The Great Mouse Detective, which was both critically and commercially successful, most of these films only received little success, with The Black Cauldron being a box office flop. These films lacked Walt’s imagination and were criticized for only being intended to bring in money
How can anyone think Winnie The Pooh, The Rescuers and The Fox and the Hound are anything but classics?

>These films lacked Walt’s imagination and were criticized for only being intended to bring in money
In other words, the TRUE Dark Age of Disney is now.

I would like to have Bronze Age tier stuff than what we have now...

I'm sort of keen on this entire era, it's not nearly as bad as some say. The only one I truly didn't like that much was Black Cauldron, and that wasn't that bad.
I never saw Winnie the Pooh, but Rescuers and Fox and the Hound were excellent, I'd say they're classics.
Aristocats and Robin Hood are pretty alright. Nothing that special, but I liked them.
I fucking love Great Mouse Detective and Oliver & Company. Both are in my top 10, for sure. I have nothing but good memories of Oliver. It's not the greatest, but I think people are way to hard on it. It's cute and stylish, and has a cool 80s soundtrack.

Because they were different from what came before, and that puts people off. You grew up with them, so they're classics in your eyes.

Also, the criticism wasn't without merit - Robin Hood notoriously reused tons of animation from the older films (though that wasn't unique amongst Disney productions of the day).

>criticized for only being intended to bring in money
Yeah, not like the movies they made afterwards and today, no sir.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M6UYwaYRqw
Best part of the movie.

the platinum waifu age

"The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" was nothing but the first three Pooh shorts tied together into a single movie.

Oh wow, I never realized how pretty The Aristocats was. It wasn't my favorite as a kid, but I really ought to give it another shot.

Missed some films like Pete's Dragon. And what about live action like Apple Dumpling Gang and Black Hole?

you should watch all the old Disney stuff

I wonder what things would've been like if early 2000s stuff like Atlantis and Treasure Planet were more successful?

I know, especially the stuff from the late 60's to late 70's. I mean, I've seen it all before, but most of it I haven't watched in years. Robin Hood and The Rescuers are two of my favorites.

>I wonder what things would've been like if early 2000s stuff like Atlantis and Treasure Planet were more successful?
In my view, the box office failure of Treasure Planet in the early 2000s was the biggest tragedy since 9/11. Fucking John Musker and Ron Clements had to been trying for decades to get that film made and America shat all over it.

If that, Brother Bear, and especially Home on the Range weren't such big-budget failures, I bet anything the animation landscape would look a lot different than it does today.

>With the exception of The Great Mouse Detective, which was both critically and commercially successful

Never seen this. Is it worth the time?

Absolutely, it's really like nothing else Disney had made or has made since. The closest thing you could compare it to would The Rescuers, but then there are no humans or songs in The Great Mouse Detective.

>Treasure Planet
God what an amazing world they built with that one.shame about the movie itself.

>criticizes Disney kino while posting best character
OK.

>The Fox and the Hound

literally the worst pre-90s Disney movie

How is it possible for a man to have such shit taste.

Simple. He's a shit person. Fox and the Hound isn't amazing, but it's still plenty good.

>"The World's Greatest Criminal Mind"
>"Goodbye So Soon"
>"Let me be Good to You"

On the plus, half of them are Vincent Price.