So what ever happened to him? He used to be one of the best writers DC had...

So what ever happened to him? He used to be one of the best writers DC had. Now all I hear is that his current word is at best meh and he is with Marvel.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MagsVisaggs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Daredevil and Black Widow were good.
Even post-Bullseye+in SanFran

Avengers has just been rehashed Kang, and Champions is legitimately one of the worst things I've read in ages.

he's really bad at writing young characters and he's doing it a lot

Indoctrinated into a SJW cult. Plus he's at Marvel so everybody he talks to is also a SJW.

I've always found his stuff pretty boring, really. Not offensvely bad, just boring. I don't really dig Johns' work either, so my tastes aren't in line with most of Sup Forums.

Pretty much this. The culture at Marvel is shit and nobody is keeping the writers in line.

I think Waid can be REBIRTH'd.

he lost his touch when he jumped to Marvel.

he peaked at #25 on DD

The literally only thing you guys said was good about his black widow was the art.

he's a shitty writer, always has been

He's phoning it in and just doing whatever the fuck editorial wants. Every now and then you'll see him shine through, but he just seems to be playing a generic company man - at least for Marvel right now.

I attended the C3 comics creators conference last year in Long Beach and he was on one of the panels. From what it sounds like he's much rather be doing creator owned work and is doing Marvel stuff to pay the bills.

He's just grandstanding over that fake war with Diversity & Comics. Calling anyone who opposes his side a Nazi/sexist/racist/whatever.

On the plus side of this whole thing, my pull list is now so low that I have just 2 titles on it for next month.

Flash and impulse would like a word with you

Most of his DC work was top notch. It's clear he has a larger investment in those characters. When he still had a twitter he'd have his avatar be Flash or Superman occasionally... WHILE WRITING FOR MARVEL.

Like a lot of libs in entertainment he lost his mind when Trump got a elected & he has been on tilt ever since thinking his diversity comics will stick it to the red hats.

Neither was a stand out classic.

He was never good. He was just a fun fanboy writer like Johns, which got him recognition, but he never wrote any classic or evergreen stories.

His Fantastic Four run was crap, and that was over 10 years ago.

>he never wrote any classic or evergreen stories.
U wot m8?

Tower of Babel, Terminal Velocity, and Return of Barry Allen would also like a word with you.

Messner-Loebs' Flash was better, and Impulse was only good with PAD

now he looks like humberto ramos

>muh classic

What drove him to be an SJW maniac anyways? What changed in him

>former beloved writer or artist is bad currently
>THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN BAD!!!!!

Every damn time.

tump winning broke the minds of all lefties

>SJWaidfag asking others to move to reddit

>Tower of Babel
>Kingdom Come
Hahahaha

>He used to be one of the best writers DC had.
That's a straight up lie. He never was anywhere near their best writers. He never wrote any book half as good as the best of Moore, Morrison, Gaiman, Milligan, Ennis, Ostrander, Busiek and PAD. He was a mid tier writer and even his best stuff was alright at best.

This. He's gone down the dark path.

Gone are the days of his Wally West run and Kingdom Come.

>Messner-Loebs' Flash was better

The fuck are you smoking?

>Indoctrinated into a SJW cult

Nigga, he's virtue signaling cause he cheats on his wife with cosplay chicks or something.

SJWs are all hypocritical scumbags.

I'd watch a DC Animated Kingdom Come. Then again they'd probably cock that up and it wouldn't look half as good as Alex Ross. Nevermind.

t. """""contrarian"""""

>I think Waid can be REBIRTH'd.

His sperg tendencies have only gotten worse over the years, and DC actually cares if their writers are acting like idiots in the public sphere.

Does DC force their employees to Chadify or does it just happen naturally?

Social justice

t.buttflustered

>DC actually cares if their writers are acting like idiots in the public sphere.

Reminder this tranny is hired by DC and will be tutored by Snyder.

twitter.com/MagsVisaggs

>CIS WHITE MALES SHOULD NEVER WRITE TRANNSIES
>TRUMP
>WHITE MEN GET OUT REEEEEEEE

Whaddya think?

Some people are better at one Big Two company than another.

Like most of Kurt Busiek's best-received Big Two work was at Marvel, and his DC work was very uneven (though sometimes good, like Secret Identity). Waid has done some good Marvel work, like his first year on Captain America and some of FF and the first couple of years on Daredevil, but put him on X-Men or Avengers and he gets more formulaic.
(Compare his recent Avengers miniseries with the Cap's Kooky Quartet team to his JLA: Year One maxiseries.)

Waid's specialty is looking at silly old Silver Age stuff and asking "what if this all made sense?"

Like the thing that made his name was finding a way to make Wally West's ridiculous backstory make sense while also giving more emotional resonance to his history (mostly by pumping it full of Daddy Issues, which probably influenced Geoff Johns). At Marvel a lot of that work has already been done by other writers.

His weakness is that he's so obsessed with making things make sense that he sometimes makes things less fun. This is my problem with his Archie run. He wants relationships to make sense, so he refuses to write Betty and Veronica as simultaneously bitter rivals and best friends. But being both enemies and friends at the same time is 90% of what makes them fun!

>The all time classic Flash writer that is constantly mentioned on Sup Forums
>N-Not stand out
Also have you ever heard of Kingdom Come?

His Flash was the best ongoing cape run ever. No one's every rebuilt a character and franchise miring in the muck as well as Waid did there. No other capeshit character has ever seen more thoughtful development, either. I'll fucking fight you on this.

>I'm pretending to know about comic even though I don't read them/just got into them

90s Flash was the best DC had during that decade.

Flash wasn't even Waid's own best of the 90s. Kingdom Come is clearly better. Not to mention most of Sandman.

If nothing else the lock wayword writers and artists in a room with Keith Giffen for a day and he scares them straight with the possibility that Ambush Bug or Lobo could very well break the multiverse barrier and get them

>Kingdom come is better
No it isn't. It's "Deeper" but it isn't better.
Also Sandman was separated from the rest of the DC universe with it being Vertigo

Not really chadify, more like "stop being a hipster douchebag and clean up that proteinous attitude-ify".

I say this as well but when you have people say "Not that's not true!" they can never think of a better alternative.
It's why older Flash fans are so sick of the bullshit of Barry's current run where he doesn't really develop in any meaningful way and just keeps going back doing thes same shit over and over.

How is it that a hardcore liberal's most famous character is a midwestern conservative?

Flash is a midwestern conservative?

>best cape run of all time
>best DC had during that decade
Goes on to show that Waidfags haven't read a lot of comics, not even capeshit. His Flash is nowhere near actual great runs DC had during that decade like Doom Patrol, Millar's Swamp Thing, Hitman, Sandman, Hellblazer, mystery theater, Spectre, Suicide Squad, JLA, JLI, YJ.
No wonder you're faggots think of Waid as this GOAT writer of all time, since you're getting all your stuff from reddit.

Reminder DC fired the Legend of Wonder Woman writers because they bad mouthed DC. Even when they fucking begged DC to rehire them because comics are their livelihood and they have 2 or 3 kids, DC refused.

Good for them

Wally is.

Nice strawmen faggot.
>Le reddit boogeyman
>Half of the things he listed are from Vertigo

It's the best ongoing cape run. Sandman, Hellblazer, Spectre, ect were planned runs. Compared to any of the constant ongoing. He has the best solo run of any major ongoing hero.

I hate twitter so fucking much.

Barry also was a conservative.

>GA literally said he wants a person on the team in part because he is black
>Wally logically says you shouldn't base your decision on race
>YOU FUCKING RACIST WALLY HOW DARE YOU
And people say he isn't the best Justice Leaguer.

*Barry
Either way I think they were both the most logical politically.

>He used to be one of the best writers DC had
Fuck no.

But it does seem that a vast majority of creators do better work at DC than Marvel at least since the 90's.

He's over the hill and he's worried about losing his relevancy which is why he's virtue signalling so hard. I bet he believes it but if he had a passion project I don't think he'd be stirring up Internet drama with some youtuber.

Honestly. He needs to get off the internet and go to therapy. Breaking the lefty zeitgeist would be nice too, look at what they've done to him.

This is the dumbest post in the history of Sup Forums

>half of the things are from Vertigo
All of them take place in the DCU.

That doesn't even make any sense.

>YOU FUCKING RACIST WALLY HOW DARE YOU
That's not GA meant. He thought Barry was calling him a typical SJW (which he actually sounds like) instead of a sensitive samaritan

It could just be the better working conditions.

Good.

I remember the husband being a dickhead, but was the wife an ass about it too?

Green Arrow is the textbook SJW

What was GA's reasoning, then?

They were shitting ALL OVER DC on Twitter.

You can't do that to your employer & expect to let it slide user.

Same here. This whole "Waid used to be GREAT!" thing is rose-colored glasses.

He did the first decent Captain America run a lot of people of a certain age ever read, so they think it was a "great" run.

Kingdom Come is only a borderline classic due to Ross's art and concept. The writing there wasn't that great. It was just good-ish.

His '90s Flash run got a lot of love, but there again I think it's just a case of "This is the first not-horrible Flash comic I ever read".

His Daredevil run again wasn't that great. The first six or so issues WERE really good, but the quality slipped rapidly. Do you really care that much about Sons of the Serpent or The Hole or anything else in that random run? It wasn't bad but I never got the love for it.

He's never done anything great. He was never an elite writer. I wouldn't even put him on Busiek's level let alone Morrison's.

But yeah he's left of center and anyone left of center has been pulled into the blackhole of crazytown in the last couple years.

Screw him. If I ever saw him in person I'd punch him in the face for no reason and laugh..

>Tower of Babel, Terminal Velocity, and Return of Barry Allen would also like a word with you.
This is baby shit. Terminal Velocity doesn't hold up well at all.

Tower of Babel and Kingdom Come are what ageing fanboys of a certain age think of as classics for no reason. You're like an 80s kid saying that Darryl Strawberry and Jose Canseco were the best baseball players.

I bet you think New Frontier was an innovative classic too.

>Waid's specialty is looking at silly old Silver Age stuff and asking "what if this all made sense?"
This is literally was 80% of the industry was doing for a good 20 years.
Waid wasn't particularly good at it.
He was the definition of middle-of-the-road mediocre.

>WWOW! What if superheroes.... WERE JUST LIKE THE REST OF US?
Thanks, Waid. Gee. Never thought of it that way before. Really. So fascinating.

>>hating on Darwyn Cooke

Fuck right off

>Also have you ever heard of Kingdom Come?
Cool man, yeah. Avatar is the best movie of all time too. Either that or Force Awakens. These things really hold up over time.

>His Flash was the best ongoing cape run ever. No one's every rebuilt a character and franchise miring in the muck as well as Waid did there. No other capeshit character has ever seen more thoughtful development, either. I'll fucking fight you on this.
Claremont X-Men
Moore Swamp Thing
Literally dozens of others.

Waid's Flash was only ever considered good because mid-90s were an all-time low for Big Two ongoing superhero runs.

Chances are high that's a Diana-fag. Wonder Woman fans hate how Waid and Cooke wrote her in KC and NF.

link?

The mental backflips needed to be done to say that Waid's Flash wasn't all that great are exactly in line with everything that's wrong with this board.

speed force ruined Flash stories forever, Messner-Loebs' run has 100% more heart

>Wally becomes best friends with Castro
It was trash.

DC ruined Flash stories forever, not Speed Force. And while Messner-Loebs' run is a sick hipster pick your argument sort of falls apart with the whole Flash Family thing.

>I bet you think New Frontier was an innovative classic too.

He's a good man who has had a difficult personal life for the past half-decade that has sept into his working mindset.

I totally agree with this.

>comic books should be less silly
Flash family is stupid

>comic books should be more stupid
>comic books are stupid

Silliness is fine, having a superhero pal around with a real world human rights-abusing dictator isn't.

Are you going to bother to explain or just bullshit?
The speed force actually started as a way to handy cap the Flashes powers originally and that is what made it so great.

I personally think Kingdom Come is over rated but it is still pretty fucking good. You also still ignored his Wally run which was the best main hero run of the 90s.

>Still doesn't know what ongoing means

Marz' Green Lantern was way better though

>redditspacing
really goes to show how much leddit pol-lites have infested Sup Forums

>Waid's specialty is looking at silly old Silver Age stuff and asking "what if this all made sense?"

Well he has one other specialty. If Waid dropped dead tomorrow suddenly Mark Millar would only be able to write edgy shit like Kingsmen/Nemesis/Kick-Ass, and not silver/golden age homage like Superior or Starlight (or Superman Adventures).

LOOK MOM I USED -fags AND THAT MAKES MY POINT VALID I HAVE FRIENDS NOW
STOP CRYING MOM DAD WILL STOP BEATING YOU SOME DAY
MOM IF YOU'RE LEAVING COULD YOU BRING ME BACK SOME TENDIES

no seriously kid your contrarian "this is STINKY tee hee" act doesn't make you look old enough to post here

>First not horrible Flash run
You say that as if any major hero run since the year 2007 came even close to it.

In your opinion user. Good thing it's wrong.