WB "Moving Away" From DC Cinematic Universe After JUSTICE LEAGUE

The dream is dead.

comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/warner-bros-will-begin-deemphasizing-its-cinematic-universe-after-justice-league-a154166

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/JqPLw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thank christ

Good. Fuck you, Zack Snyder.

Well now.

I wonder how we'll be looking back on this 10 years from now

Good, some stand alone movies here or there could be nice

So... No more cynergy?

*Chris Evans goes here*

Good. Standalone shit is superior anyways.

Why can't they make such a simple concept work? Why? Marvel doesn't even get it anymore and is segregating and compartmentalizing their own universe across competing companies AGAIN too.

It's like too much to ask people to work together and cooperate on projects. Everyone wants to do their own thing and slap the popular comic book brand name on it to get people to automatically be interested.

I know Sup Forums is just going to scream "CAPESHIT" but honestly, it doesn't have to be this way. Hollywood just REFUSES to get it's shit together.

Clickbait title.

>"The movie’s not about another movie," says Johns. "Some of the movies do connect the characters together, like Justice League. But, like with Aquaman, our goal is not to connect Aquaman to every movie." As Nelson puts it, "Moving forward, you’ll see the DC movie universe being a universe, but one that comes from the heart of the filmmaker who’s creating them."

So what about the Justice League sequel?

desu Given the state of things letting each movie stand on its own and not trying to tie it in to a dozen other films would probably be an improvement.

>DC movies will be allowed to have their own identity and not cater to the garbage films that came before
Holy shit this is amazing

Archived to take away ad revenue from clickbait sites

archive.is/JqPLw

I feel like they'll still fuck it up.

Still, glad they're learning finally.

Why? It sucks seeing stories gutted and watered down because they don't have rights to a certain character in the original story or something they can't use for whatever reason. A DC cinematic universe wouldn't have the same problems Marvel had with not being able to use half it's own properties. Everyone can be used and on the same page.

Oh, lame.

This isnt encouraging for Justice League (not that it was to being with), and makes a sequel even less likely. Although that said, this might turn out alright given that they arent bogged down by fucked continuity and constant references

"Remember when those DC movies stopped trying to be a 50-part storyline and became individually interesting movies? Maybe that's why we remember a handful of classic DC films instead of a decades-long Marvel-shaped blob of bullshit"

Just give me my live action Green Lantern "day on the force" anthology movie like that animated one and stop screwing around

>DC
>individually interesting movies that aren't Batman
Sure

Superman was one of the most important movies of all time, dipshit.

LOL

Fine, Batman and the first two Superman movies

So when will we stop hearing about capeshit ever again?

Justice League will most probably be utter shit, but this sounds like a good thing for movies to come.

Standalones worked great for Fox, Logan and Deadpool were really well received and they were also the most disconnected to the other X-films. If WB stops hiring hacks like Ayer, Whedon and Snyder, then it might turn out well. Aquaman looks pretty good so far.

DC does what Marveldon't. This is the smartest move they ever made.

>WB doesn't want to make MCU tier shit
>MCUnts get triggered

>Marvel doesn't even get it anymore and is segregating and compartmentalizing their own universe across competing companies AGAIN too.

because in the long run it only gives us mediocre movies like most of the MCU

Awesome.

I do agree that they're right. A movie should be to share the vision of a filmmaker on that character. If you all had to obey this one vision the movie wouldn't feel organic and it'd be forced. Similar to some Marvel movies. I'm very happy that they're moving with this concept, maybe we won't get shit movies?

excellent damage control old DChum.

Nah, they probably saw what is happening to the MCU after Shithumans and have noticed that the bubble is about to burst.

Explain how a share universe is making the marvel movies better?

If anyything every single time they do a team up thing like Avengers 1, 2 or Defenders and even Civil War, they end up being the weakest movies of the bunch based on the need to give screentime to each character because ''muh main character from another movie!''

>Shithumans
>MCU
?

The Inhumans movie was canned.

>Shithumans and have noticed that the bubble is about to burst.

also the ''dark universe'' failing with the mummy
and the 'spider-sonyverse''
and the ''ghostbustersquifverse''
and I think that I'm missing something

>b-but the TV series aren't canon!
Heh, sure.

Moderation in 3, 2, 1...

>The Inhumans movie was canned.

the point is that the ''shared universe'' is making the MCU look bad since their tv shit is looking worse and worse.

Then Defenders bombed

Exactly. Cinematic universes are ultimately doomed to fail, so why bother?

This. A thousand times this.

>Moderation in 3, 2, 1...

A lot of people really dislike Chris Evans thanks to the Evan posting, I shit you not that his meme status is hurting his career, you just don't see the guy making any movies beyond Marvel shit

Sometimes I wish they would just start over

>you just don't see the guy making any movies beyond Marvel shit
He once directed one. It got one of the lowest RT scores ever.

Says every Marvel fan ever.

Thanks, user.

>Chris Evans doesn't make more movies because of a tumblr meme

The movies never acknowledged the TV side though, but I agree that a lot of people still think it's a shared universe. As long as they don't make critic and audience bombs a la Iron Fist/Inhumans in the actual movieverse, the MCU is gonna be fine.

It's not the TV side that will drag the MCU down, is the capeshit fatigue that will most probably settle in after Avengers 4. How long can this realistically go on? I know people scoff at people saying the cape bubble will burst at some point, but I truly feel like they won't be as popular in about 5 years. 2012-2018 will most probably be the top years for capeshit, after that they will slowly lose their popularity a bit. Expect a huge explosion of superhero popularity in about 25-30 years again though, when the nostalgia kicks in.

>shit posting on Sup Forums affects the real world
wat

Batman movies aren't part of it. Plus the joker movie isn't.

The rest are.

bury it...

>normie

And when the MCU dies, Marvel itself will die.
>mfw

I think the reasoning behind 99% of predictions of when cape movies will be out of style is completely baseless, and that whomever correctly predicts the "when" will completely get the "why" part wrong.

This might actually be a good thing. WB/DC appear to be moving in a direction which would allow a lot more creative freedom, maybe even allowing for them to adapt Elseworld material. Seems like a pretty good way to compete with Marvel. Imagine the possibilities.
>Red Son
>Kingdom Come
>Doom That Came to Gotham
>Justice Riders
>The New Frontier
When you can take it in that many directions, who needs an integrated universe?

Hell, you could argue that this is what they've been doing already. We got material like Constantine (2005), The Losers, Red, Jonah Hex and Green Lantern which all exist outside the Snyderverse.

Good. Trying to make every movie a set up for another is a terrible idea. You get watered down trash like 80% of the MCU. Let them be standalones and crossover sometimes.

That makes it sounds like they expect JL to have a meh to shit reception but it's probably for the best, one of the reasons WW worked was because it distanced itself from that mess of a shared universe and can work on its own besides the mail part.
The audience that brings big cash to the mcu doesn't know shit about the tv side. Perlmutter could do the adventures of a captain piss and the next avengers will still bring them over a million.

Sup Forums still believes the President of the United States owes his Presidency to them. So yeah, anons on here unironically believe that

That is the best pic ever.

most MCU movies in reality are pretty standalone.

The most interconnected marvel movie pre civil war, was winter soldier which is largely regarded as the best marvel movie.

Iron man 3? GotG? Ant-Man? Dr. Strange? They were all pretty standalone. In fact, most of the setting up for the overall universe happened in post credits scene.

In fact, Homecoming and Civil War are really the most interconnected movies outside of the Avengers, and they only account for 2 out of like a dozen movies

What the fuck is this title and this thread did no one actually read the goddamn article
>"Some of the movies do connect the characters together, like Justice League. But, like with Aquaman, our goal is not to connect Aquaman to every movie." As Nelson puts it, "Moving forward, you’ll see the DC movie universe being a universe, but one that comes from the heart of the filmmaker who’s creating them."

They're saying they're not going to be as beholden to canon and other character's franchises during solo movies.

You people literally sucked Dan Didio's dick for basically saying the same thing during DCYou and Rebirth.

Ant Man had a fight with Falcon, the upcoming Thor movie has him hanging out with Hulk and Dr. Strange, GOTG was necessary viewing for anyone who wanted to see more Thanos, and Winter Soldier still had Black Widow and Nick Fury showing up and doing stufff.

Ben was a bad choice for batman. Too old... they should've gotten someone younger. He will be looking like a potato by the time batman 2 comes out.

Yeah, they exist in a shared universe and none of those examples are even negative aspects of the movie.

Thor 3 is really a Thor movie pretending to be a Hulk movie but even so, it's not like a buddy movie between the two is an inherently bad thing.

From what we know, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Ant-Man and the Wasp will all be pretty self contained too. Obviously outside characters will show up, but it's a shared universe where many characters have shared mythos.

Just rebutting that user thinking the shared universe of the movie side of the MCU are what makes them bad movies. Most of the solo films are just the characters fucking around doing their own thing with their own supporting cast.

That is if it actually dies.

Also,considering Spider-fuckboy (as much as I hate to say it) has surpassed Wonder Woman to become the 3rd highest grossing movie of this year, only surpassed by F&F8 and Beauty and The Beast, well, it looks like "that bubble" has just grown.

>The audience that brings big cash to the mcu doesn't know shit about the tv side.

people do know about the tv shit and netfilix shit, is just that people just ignore right away the marvel tv shit that is not x-men related

>You people literally sucked Dan Didio's dick for basically saying the same thing during DCYou and Rebirth.

the people whining are /tvirgins/ that don't read comics and are only trolling

So thats why they cut off the thanos scene

*Darkseid
Now im out after that massive fuck up.

I don't watch movies or live action at all, is this a good thing?

Good

They shouldve named their movies better..

Man of Steel > decent name
Batman v Superman > Bat outta Hell
Suicide Squad > Back into Hell
Wonder Woman > Good Girls go to heaven
Justice League > Everything Louder than Everything ya

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DC Fags BTFO. You were so insufferable with you Marvel hate threads. Hopefully things will return to normal on co now that console faggottry from tv is dead.

ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR I WANT TO SEE INJUSTICE SUPERMAN IN THE BIG SCREEN FUCK YOU SNYDER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>people are still shitposting without reading the article
This board is so fucking pathetic.

The reason why the MCU was successful in the first place was because they were very limited in what they could use. Without their most powerful IP's to use as a crutch Marvel was more or less forced to use their more obscure shit and make it work.

I can only imagine that the DCEU would've been considerably better without Batman consuming the entire thing like a goddamn cancer.

Screen cap this.

After Infinity War, the MCU will shrivel away and die as the old cast leaves; where as the DCEU has nowhere to go but up considering how fucking shite the movies so far have been.

Thor 3
>RT:82% it's okay
>BO: 780 million

JL
>RT: 89%
>BO: 1.2 billion

Black Panther
>RT: 45%
>BO: 340 million

Aquaman
>RT: 55%
>BO: 400 million

Infinity War
>RT: 69%
>BO: 1.7 billion

sHillary literally sperged out on national television over dumb frog posters and the DNC followed her right off that cliff.

Note that it doesn't say the movies won't take place in the same setting, or there won't be team or crossover movies, just that they aren't going to copy the Marvel method of every movie being a trailer to future movies as well as callback to previous ones and only then a story.

It can only do the DCEU good.

>I WANT TO SEE INJUSTICE SUPERMAN IN THE BIG SCREEN FUCK YOU SNYDER

fuck you first

>is this a good thing?

yes, it means better movies with a vission friom the directors instead of generic trash with tons of comedy and lazy green screen prequels style effects

>literally just gives up before it's 5th movie even comes out
>meanwhile the MCU is about to release its 17th movie and 13th season out of it's 8 TV shows with a dozen other projects in production

>Boasts about 17 movies when most are boring.
>Boasts about TV when A.o.S has always been shit and Netflix has been going downhile since DD Season 1.
>Says they're giving up when if you literally read you can see they're not..

>surfer bro movie making more money than WE WUZ KANGZ
literally impossible

No. It means that they fucked up with shit actors for luthor, joker and the entire suicide squad and are going to replace them further on like mcu did with ironnigger.

Eh, so it doesn't affect me.

>Ant-man
Falcon is a cameo that requires no prior knowledge

>Ragnarok
Thor 3 is definitely a team up/crossover, but hey - at least it looks better than the first two

>GotG was necessary viewing for anyone who wanted to see more Thanos
What's your point? It was still a wholly standalone movie - they both were.

> Winter Soldier still had Black Widow and Nick Fury showing up and doing stufff
Yeah, characters who don't have their own movies.

>Defenders bombed
Gonna need a source on that, friendo

This is a good idea though. It keeps good movies from getting infected by bad ones by association.
Sucks for Superman though. His franchise is gonna be dead in the water now.

>green screen prequels style effects
Hey look guys - it's someone who doesn't know what he's talking about!

Ppl will flock to surfer bro for hot wet tits on a redhead.

go to hell

>BP 45%
Fuck off if you actually think a MCU movie will be that low, regardless of if it's good. It's gonna be well liked, just as the rest of the MCU has been.

>JL 1.2billion
I'd hope so for WB's sake. If they can't pull off a billion dollar movie with JL, heads are gonna roll.

Seriously stop acting like an edgy faggot. Its ok to like silly campy shit now and then.

Six years ago when GL didn't pan out my very first suggestion was optional continuity and elseworlds so there wouldn't need to be resets and patchwork the whole way.
Shouldn't have taken this long to recognize the obvious that fluidity is better than rigidity.

So, Marvel, basically.

Exactly. Anyone who bothered to click past the headline realizes that the DCEU isn't going anywhere. They're just not doing crossovers every movie.

>>shit posting on Sup Forums affects the real world
as stupid as it sounds, the butterfly affect does imply we could be changing the world

Yeah, but when you're literally getting the same assembly line shit four times a year and nothing is allowed to break from that formula, it gets really old and annoying.

>memes
Please explain to me how Thor 2, Ant-Man, Civil War, and Guardians of the Galaxy follow the same formula.

SPBP

This. Capeshit movies are the worst genre of movies. They became the spaghetti western of our time. After a couple of decent movies, they all follow now the same formula, becoming unimaginative, predictable and boring.