Alcoholics and Drug Addicts General

Welcome to /adag/, Alcoholics and Drug Addicts General.

We had some discuss with the previous thread, and I thought it was time for another

ITT:

>What is your drug of choice?
>How and when has it caused problems for you?
>Are you doing anything about it? If so, what?
>What's your opinion on good drug policy?

For me:

Fentanyl is my DOC. I've been using it for about four years. I started off using heroin, then got caught up with someone who used to go doctor shopping and I became his driver. I moved onto oxycodone, then eventually IV fentanyl.

It's a powerful drug, and a hard drug to kick. Because it's so short acting, you have to dose at least twice a day. I'm currently on about 4-5mg a day, with a standard dose for me between 0.5 - 1mg IV.

I've been trying to cut down my use with little success. It's complicated by the fact that I have my final semester exams (I'm studying law). I've been using xanax to take the edge off when I can't get enough fent.

My plan is to use tramadol and xanax to taper and eventually kick the physical habit. Then the hard part starts. My family (thankfully) is generally supportive, but i'll be going to NA and AA meetings during the week.

My opinion on good drug policy: decriminalisation for the time being. Massive investment into drug rehabilitation services with the goal of making them accessible and attractive, for the simple reason that 90% of users actually do want to quit. It's certainly possible under the current system in this country, but it should be made easier.

Note: we managed to avoid the whole "fucking degenerates" thing last thread, hopefully it'll be the same in this thread. Note that people who post here will generally be doing their best to remove drugs from their life and become capable and productive members of society.

kys

I'm a habitual marijuana user. I dabble in powder cocaine, crack cocaine, methamphetamine, MDMA, psychedelics, benzos, and prescription painkillers. I have yet to come across heroin here in southeast Texas.

>I have yet to come across heroin here in southeast Texas.
We sure as hell get it here in the western part of the state

No shit? It must be proximity to the border.

I've done everything you've done besides psychedelics.
What have you done? Acid? Shrooms? How would it compare to your other highs and have you ever mixed anything together?

Also, for the crack cocaine, I've only snorted it, have you ever smoked it?

Weed. Mushrooms are fun occasionally. LSD can be euphoric, but nothing makes me feel more guilty or dirty afterwards than that drug does.

LSD :)

Well what I mean is I'm surprised that you're not getting it from LA, through the Gulf, or from the interstate

do psylocibin caps grow wild out there in the pine forests?

>snorting cocaine freebase
>which was specifically made for smoking

I get fidgety and nervous whenever I think/talk about drugs. Like right now, I'm shaking if I don't concentrate to stop.

Anyone else have this? It's very annoying.

Wat, why is that?

Get help lads..

Lost a family member to drugs.

The high you get isnt worth the low you and your family live with.

You should think about the high you get as being borrowed hapiness from yourself in your life as well as your family's.

Youre dragging everyone down for your shit.

xanax can give you dangerous withdrawls if you take it for a while and then just stop it you shouldnt mix the xanax with tramadol either

i used to be a junkie using iv with whatever i could get really and now i only smoke weed

the withdrawl will suck and you will wish you were dead but you will get through it hopefully

Yeah guys, my brother died from an OD after he injected like 6 whole marijuana needles

Alcohol
Hard to tell if it's caused me mental problems, or if I would have had them anyway. Work-wise, I've gotten away with it so far.
Not really, i kind of like being an alcohol abusing loser.
Don't have one. I think in the Australian system, if certain narcotics were to become legal, and if a person was deemed applicable, then certain narcotics should fall under the PBS. but idk i'm drunk at the moment this might be retarded

I've used shrooms and LSD. Both were amazing experiences. I also took this stuff once called 25B-nBOMe. That was pretty cool too.

I've smoked crack more times than I've snorted coke. I love both. Smoking crack is like woah, man.

I'm still on the hunt for it and yes they do.

absolutely

FUCKING DEGENERATE SCUM!

These days i try and just smoke pot, i really don't like much other stuff anymore bar valium. i did basically everything bar meth and hard opiates in my youth, lots of LSD, DMT, shrooms, dexies, assorted benzos, pot, ketamine, nitrous. never really had a stomach for alcohol.

drug abuse has been a problem for me as the main coping mechanism from childhood abuse, gone into therapy recently doing CBT to start and it's been pretty good. much better than self medicating. looking to cut down on pot completely in a year time as i have bad short term memory and awkward cognitive function.

good drug policy would focus on reformation, reintergration and rehabilitation than straight up punishment. Large scale black market drug selling should be regulated and legalised in some form. its a pretty complex topic so it's hard for me to give a solid opinion, especially after 10hrs of work

You try Kratom m8?

Coffee and Marijuana
Sometimes when I'm holding B after smoking a joint I get distracted and end up losing the site
Nothing
idc

i live close to farmland where psilocybe cubensis (gold caps) grow crazy. can't wait until summer really kicks in. makes for a few fun weekends.

loool shoot up more faggots no one loves you

Off topic, sage bois.

Fuck off.

>drug abuse to cope with childhood abuse

You fucking pussy ass bitch.

Former opiate addict here. Not as into drugs as I have historically been. Coming to terms with addiction and the numerous ways it damaged my life & relationships - as well as seeing friends die, or suffer lesser but still severe consequences - made me want to stop letting my desire for comfort in prepackaged drug form overrule my real, deep desires & passions.

Just wanted to give a word of support to the OP. It seems like you want to quit, and that you have a plan that's realistic about how difficult the process will be.

It is possible, and you're capable of doing it. You will feel much better when you do.

I'll spare you the Hallmark card, but Godspeed. Opiates are fun & all, but you know that habitual use either leads to 'sobriety' or (early) death, and you're no good to us dead.

wtf i love child abusers now

you ever have any after effects or pain after smoking crack? Like a pain in your throat or lungs or something?

I'd smoke weed, but crack is just something I have to give a little more thought into, you know?

I used to smoke weed almost everyday

Then I changed my habits so it was only in the weekends mostly. Sometimes I would smoke everyday, but I would not stock up and I would not get new weed or hash before the next weekend.

Then I got my job in 2014 and have had alternate periods of smoking weed everyday for months at a time. Then changing to smoking weekly or biweekly. And after some months of that I went back to smoking every day.

Recent developement is that I have gotten a sixpack a day habit. Sometimes I drink more, sometimes less. Sometimes I don't drink for a week.

But I need to go back to the smoke weed occasionally/everyday instead, because this alcohol consumption is seriously bad for me and I have had to call sick due to being hungover, something which never happens when I smoke.

Sup Forums, never change :')

Literally shaking

Degenerates

I'm an alcoholic. 4 months sober. If you're wondering about the use of "I'm an" -- I'm not a stepper or anything, went to an AA meeting on a previous attempt once but it was not for me. It's more that even though I would love to just have a casual pint or two, I don't think I'm there yet, I promised myself at least a year sober.

Basically been drinking badly (getting drunk every single day, drinking from the morning etc) for 7 years. I used a regime of valium for my detox -- valium was obtained off-script to save embarrassment/waiting for doctor and I followed a regime from a gov.au doctors site I found in google.

I think Christmas will be slightly difficult, but it's been smooth sailing otherwise. This wasn't my first attempt though, and I've been wanted to give up for the last couple of years.. If at first you don't succeed etc. Wishing everyone in this thread positive vibes and good luck.

I've used basically every other drug that's commonly available in the UK btw. Still smoke weed but it's not really a problem. Quit the hard stuff at the same time as alcohol. IMO it's fine in moderation (MDMA/Ket/Coke etc) but make sure you are getting clean gear, and don't overdo it.

As for policies: I believe that treatment is the way forward, goverment sponsored needles and user rooms for IV addicts, beds enough in the acute treatment sector, the whole shabang.

In the long run, society gets more value out of helping and aiding addicts than it does by ignoring them or hitting them with harsh sentences for petty crime and possession.

I have been really really depressed lately
>>can't rail my best friend because she has a bf, she still touches me sexually though
>>can't pass calc 3
>>can't press 2 pl8
>>can't enjoy life
I smoke 420 in order to do my homework or go to class
I drink cough syrup in order to stop the running man who lives in my head.

californian who voted for trump and yes on 64

I took a pic

No I haven't but I've gotten some serious issues from meth use. It seemed like my heart was not going back to normal and my jaw was even worse than usual. Things have finally gotten better.

One time my ex gf did have a serious coughing fit from smoking crack with me.

I got some tramadol from grandma for my braces a while back. After the bottle finished I stopped. End of story, fucken degenerates KYS.

>abusing OTC cough syrup
I dont even know where to begin insulting you about that

why do people say mixing diazepam and alcohol is dangerous?

i've been doing it constantly and fuck all happens

It is dangerous but I thought it made drinking way more fun.

Because they are both depressants ("downers") and if you don't watch your dosage of both you could end up experiencing CNS failure (heart and/or lungs stopping)

t. degeneracy pro

Well, barring any possible complications it tends to create some interesting "hey remember what you did last night" stories tomorrow. Never again.

>leads to blackouts where you do crazy shit without realising (most likely scenario)
>go to sleep.. never wake up (respitory failure) unlikely but happens as mixing downers+alcohol is never a good idea biologically. i know a foaf who died like this.

if you pass out unconsious you can puke and choke on it or if you take too of both much have respritory depression and stop breathing

I live in Oakland am I'm surrounded by liberal faggots and cucks everywhere. Cannot relate to ANYONE down here except for a few friends, have no white friends. Had a jewish fuckbuddy and she left me then started dating a black dude. I think I really need to see a psychiatrist.

oh

i'm dumbfounded that i'm not dead then even last night i chugged a bottle of port and took 8 tablets

I've been single for 4 years and I'm going to be single for another 1-2

dad just died (of alcoholism) recently so I've been drinking a fifth of jameson every two days

I've been sober for 3 years, user.
My only advice is get clean & stay clean.

The drugs aren't the problem for me. I just feel nothing.

That sucks I used to have an alcoholic girlfriend, she was my first and cheated on her boyfriend in the Navy to be with me. She wanted me to fuck her in the ass every other time because she had a boyfriend who ONLY fucked her ass. She dumped me after I drank too much one time and then dropped out of her biology major because it was too difficult.

I did about a .75g of coke with some friends in the hood and felt nothing, $300 I was relaxed as fuck and didn't even move, could hardly speak. My friends brought some fat chicks to my apartment and thrashed the place.

get ahead of that shit NOW mate
i lost my father not too long ago which led to my drinking spiralling/getting worse (was already pretty fucked tho kek)

these things are genetic btw. sorry to hear about your old man -- see my reddit blogpost itt for how i did it, if you're ready to get sober (valium detox)

gl

ha ha 4chins ha ha am i rite :)

Strangely enough it does seem to be more noble than the suicide of the cuck.

Get help lads..

Lost a family member to liberalism.

The high you get isnt worth the low you and your family live with.

You should think about the high you get as being borrowed hapiness from yourself in your life as well as your family's.

Youre dragging everyone down for your shit.

I pretty much drink constantly. Any time I think I can get away with it I will get hammered. Which is almost every day after work and all weekend.

I will down a liter and a half of Vodka every 3 days during the week and a fifth and a 12 pack of beer on the weekends.

It's caused problems with me because of weight gain and the inability to be social with my waifu's friends. She wants to go out and do fun things and all I want to do is stay home and drink.

I'm sure at some point she'll start cheating on me if she hasn't already. I'm pretty much preparing myself for living alone so I can drink and play vidya rather than having adult relationships.

Literally this, but with pot added on top.

I normally do not drink and I've been watching him circle the drain for the past 20 years (am 24) so I know what the drink can do-- there's a saying in spanish that roughly translates to "take a drink but don't let the drink take you".

drinking has been the best way to not cry so far though; even benchpressing at the gym got me a little misty eyed for some reason

Drugs aren't the problem for me either. Not having them is the problem.

Bad coke. I didn't do much coke, but when I did I usually had some extremely good stuff.

Took me and a friend about 6 hours to go through 0.5g the last time, and we hardly felt the need to redose even an hour in between lines. And I was off my tits all the while.

And about the relaxed thing, it happens to me too, I mean I could run around and talk my head off If I needed to but I just don't want to. Sue me, I know what's best. Lel.

>95674849

Marijuana
Methamphetamine (IV)

Getting shit stolen, having way too much unsafe gay sex

Weed has led to laziness and a

Taking a break from gear for four months (started in August), found it easy to stay off so not sure what I'll do once the four months is up

>I will down a liter and a half of Vodka every 3 days during the week and a fifth and a 12 pack of beer on the weekends.
You might be vomiting blood/seeing ulcers in your near future

Senpai whereabouts in Oakland are you?

There are fuck tons of better drugs here.
There is also tons of free therapy through UCBerkely if you keep an eye out for it.

how long ago did he pass away mate?
these things take time. sounds kinda gay but I'm welling up now thinking about it and it was just coming up to 3 years ago. everybody deals with it differently, too. it does get easier though I promise.

the thing is it's all very well knowing that (your expression/thought process) but it will catch up with you. alcohol isn't like using weed as a crutch because it's physically addictive. I don't know how much of your social interactions are based around booze, almost likely a lot less than england, but the availability makes it difficult too.

anyway, the reason booze helps is because it completely fucking numbs your emotions out. getting sober has been crazy in terms of fluctuations in emotional states, really eye opening. good luck pham

>having way too much unsafe gay sex
are you HIV positive yet? cos that's how you get HIV.

>You might be vomiting blood/seeing ulcers in your near future

I'll know immediately if there is blood in my stomach. I am also bulemic, due to my weight gain from drinking and anxiety over heading toward forever alone at warp 5 I will throw up most of my meals 15 minutes after eating them.

>>What is your drug of choice?
Alcohol
>>How and when has it caused problems for you?
Basically when the doctor told me my liver is fucked and I will die in my early 30s, I went and got smashed that afternoon.... also I drink everyday after work
>>Are you doing anything about it? If so, what?
I'll quit tomorrow mate
>>What's your opinion on good drug policy?
I smoked weed a lot a few years ago but I have stopped, I would support legalisation though.

Daily meth and heroin addict. began using heroin in 2009 and methamphetamine in 2012. I'm 27. I so badly want to be clean but I just can't find it in me to stop. I'm living in my car without a job and while I'm not suicidal, I'm very depressed. My best friend died in a car accident on april 7th of this year and it's absolutely destroyed me. I don't know what to do.

I took coke and addy for the first quarter of the year, and in that short time managed to lose all of my friends.
I've spent the past 6 months in almost complete sober isolation wondering why the hell I can't do anything other than disappoint myself and my family

I don't suppose you have any gas to travel around a bit?

How weak willed do you have to be to become an addict. Pathetic. Kill yourselves.

I have about $120 and a quarter tank at the moment.

Pretty similar situation here. Don't have a waifu though, instead i'd rather get drunk at home then go out with the lads. Nothing makes me feel more content in life then getting fucked up and playing video games/shitposting on Sup Forums (which I only do while drunk these days). Haven't gained weight though, actually got a bit leaner since I don't carry as much water.

>H and Meth addict
>Living in car
>No job
>I don't know what to do
I don't know user, have you even tried looking for a job? have you even tried rehabilitation or quitting drugs at all? have you tried not finding any excuse to get high?

Cannabis
Wasted many hours sitting inside playing vidya while high, instead of being social/doing productive shit.
Yeah, I am cutting down the amount like crazy. Went from smoking maybe 5g a week, to 1-2 grams. My plan is to cut it out by december. Ill still smoke, but only when it is offered. I am also trying to cut out tobacco.

Focus on rehabilitation instead of punishment. Our view on what addiction is, has to stop. Most addicts want to stop, and they should therefore recieve help, making them contribute to society.

I'd suggest taking a road trip if you can afford it, since I'm assuming you live in a city.

The modern environment is like a labyrinth, and everyone's too fucked up to find the exit. It's right there though. Go out there, get a bit of nature in your system, it'll help with the depression at least.

>Nothing makes me feel more content in life then getting fucked up and playing video games/shitposting on Sup Forums (which I only do while drunk these days).

I know that feels bro. Worst part is I mostly enjoy games like Insurgency that you will get much worse at by drinking. When I tab into the scoreboard and see 0 kills and 4-5 deaths that's when it's time to shut down steam and go shitpost.