Why would anyone inject themselves with something called 'Venom'?

Why would anyone inject themselves with something called 'Venom'?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8q_m-rDUNw0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reebok_Pump
youtube.com/watch?v=T-xwS5W4iuM
teamironworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/VENOM-ORANGE-SMALL-510x456.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=HCoD0Pfq7B8
youtube.com/watch?v=8zaJdLb07NU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gains, bro

Because you can't be too crazy to do it in a world where a man dressed like a fucking bat beats the shit out of criminals.

I would rather take something called 'steroids' then something named after the same deadly things that snake and spiders produce.

I don't know... between Axe body spray, Monster energy drinks, and all the other hardcore dudebro marketing out there, I could almost buy Venom being the name of a steroid. If you're willing to accept glowing juice that pumps you up like a damn sneaker, I feel like you should be willing to believe it'd be called venom

It wasn't always called venom. Read this first before asking stupid questions.

You mean the real world?

wasn't that a retcon tho?

To be a big guy.

No?

Venom already is the name of an energy drink. Honestly the marketing for these things seems to follow the general trend of sounding dangerous even if its counter intuitive.

I haven't read it in years. I just felt like Venom was already a thing by then. I'm probably misremembering.

You are. I know that "Oh Batman tested Venom back in its experimental form too" FEELS like a retcon, but the LoTDK story arc actually PREDATES Bane.

When they created Bane's backstory, they combined a couple elements that had already been seeded by Denny O'Neil - the island-nation of Santa Prisca from his "Shaman" story arc, where they're personification of death and evil is a bat demon, and the super-drug that would become Bane's signature move.

Oh shit, I never knew that. Cool.

Bane wasn't even the first villain to take the Venom.

Riddler was.

God damn. And here I thought I knew some shit. Wanna throw down a storytime of that riddler story?

Barring that, do you know if it got collected?

I don't know about if it got collected but it was in Batman Vol. 1 490.

I should've clarified that Riddler was the first one to get juiced by the venom ON CAMERA; Bane was already juiced by then but he was working behind the shadows and no one knew anything about who he was or what his motives were.

So would this be immediately before Knightfall?

Indeed. We later find out that almost everything that happened before months before Knightfall was Bane's doing.

Good ol' Doug Moench. Reading his Batman comics is like watching golden-age Steven Segal movies--objectively bad, but undeniably comfy

People take krokodil, so why not venom.

>I've come to riddle you.
Dammit, I read it in Tom Hardy's voice and laughed out loud.

Denny O'Neil was Batman editor back then. Also Shaman is better than anything Moench wrote.

Moench/Aparo and Grant/Breyfogle shaped my childhood.

kek i always do the same

>Shaman
Patrician taste user.

What do you think of this (my third favorite LOTDK story)

It's really damn good. Best thing Moench wrote.

Ignorant user here, what is that? I'm pretty fuzzy on LOTDK in general, but it looks interesting

This,really

Legends of the Dark Knight were all stories set in Batman's early years, circa Frank Miller's Year 1.

"Prey" is a story about Hugo Strange first hired by the GCPD to help them catch Batman, so you see his thought process getting obsessed with him; he also recruits a police officer that is insane in his own way and that gives Gordon a hard time. My short summary doesn't do it justice though, it's a great story.

that's really cool. Do you know if the LOTDK revival from 5-10 years ago did the same thing (stories set in the early years)? I know the Lovers and Madmen arc from that one was set in the past to most effectively mutilate the cannonicity of of the Killing Joke, but I'm not sure about the rest

Yeah man, those are the best stories when handled well because they're self contained and only enter main continuity when they were really good. Also, they never had events so that was nice.

Never read Lovers and Madmen though but if it affected Killing Joke i'm not sure i want to.

I was going to post this an hour ago but forgot
youtube.com/watch?v=8q_m-rDUNw0

video highly related to OP's question

It was just a limp-dick new origin for the Joker that was worse in every way. I'm pretty sure any continuity changes it made have been retconned by a crisis or two at this point, but I was pretty pissed about it at the time.

The other stories from that series (the new LOTDK) were better, about evil Lexcorp robots or something IIRC

>Also, they never had events so that was nice.
If you're talking about LoTDK, it did. It crossed over for shit like Knightfall or No Man's Land.

That is a baller panel. Strange straight-up looks like he's cosplaying as Hef (RIP)

Wasn't Lovers and Madmen from Batman Confidential?

Oh fuck it was. I got confused. My bad.

I mean DC, but this isn't too much of a stretch, desu

>that pumps you like a damn sneaker
Huh? Did you have a stroke and meant snake or what?

Hugo is crazier than the Joker in this story. Not crazier than Max though. That guy was damaged.

You're right but i was talking about the good early days, when O'Neil still cared.

He's fabulous.

There were some good stories post the period of obsession with continuity and crossovers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reebok_Pump

lol gay

Why would OP inject himself with something called semen.

We'll never know.

It's that damn rock music's fault, I tells ya!

youtube.com/watch?v=T-xwS5W4iuM

Why would anybody smoke something called "Crack"?

>Denny O'Neil was Batman editor back then.
This is something widely ignored when people bitch about nowadays comics being so shit. It's not only crap writers, but editors with no balls like O'Neill, Shooter, Wein or Berger back in the day.

To kill Spider-Man, of course.

Goblin Gas is actually worse than Venom.

Denny O'Neil is a criminally underrated editor in general.

Both Bane and Kickass look like faggot gimps when they have mouth holes in their mask.

dudde,it gives you super strength,things like crokodile or pcp just kill you,i would have venon for breakfast if it existed

Ok?

i consider Goblin gas fucks you up mentally, while Venom fuck you physically
(yes i know Goblin gas gives a booster up, but i see Venom was especially made for that purpose, so i can imagine Venom give you more power than Goblin)

For some reason Goblin serum makes you stronger than Bane.

fuckin really!? HOW!? one is gas and the other liquid

>one is gas and the other liquid

What does that have to do with anything?

Small dainty grill Bane that jacks up fucking huge on venom when?

venom wouldn't change your cup size, would it?

I meant that Batman exists in real life, well if you consider Russia real life at least.

for you

dunno, wanted to sound smart for a sec XD
seriously, how the goblin gives more power than venom?

liquid enters your bloodstream gas doesn't

Oxygen is a gas and it enters your blooodstream.

teamironworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/VENOM-ORANGE-SMALL-510x456.jpg

She'd be a big girl.

"I'd don't know how lungs work." the post.

youtube.com/watch?v=HCoD0Pfq7B8

t. sub 89iq

youtube.com/watch?v=8zaJdLb07NU

I AM BANE!!!!

shit

I'd suck his dick

Fuck you kid, get off my lawn.

>Venom wouldn't change your cup size, would it?

It would give you J-cup pecs.

Outside the Dark Knight Rises, why hasn't there been another Batman vs Bane movie, animated or otherwise?

Easy way to solve this, what happened when Scandal Savage was on venom?

>lock female villain in your basement
>inject her with venom every day against her will until shes in permanent beefcake mode

Yeah, user fucked up and said something REALLY FUCKING DUMB.

You will stop this inquiry right now.

Fuck you for reminding me that I'm old.

>not knowing pumps
UNDERAGE

Handsome Luther?

>Venom Harley & Venom Babs got shown in the same week

That was a funny week

That's Bane without the mask. He wears it cause he could cause a pussy flood.

Did Bruce Timm fucking hate Bane, or what?
>that ridiculously unintimidating voice/accent
>that stupid exposed nose and mouth mask look, ruined a perfectly simple and decent design
>jobs incredibly easily because he only has that one long tube hanging from the back of his neck to his wrist

And he can't be bothered with all the women throwing their pussy at him.

uh, the more you know, so, i was right about venom?

Depends. that one looks weird since it doesn't have the hole for the nose and his teeth look like a zipper.

But the BTAS bane pulls it off nicely. Honestly out of the wrestler-ish banes, the animated series design is my favorite.

You thought that bane design was bad, try looking up the later seasons of the animated series, then The Batman's version of Bane, also never forget the Arkham series Bane. The only times Bane has had a good design outside of the comics are the Injustice games,DKR because of how it was an inverse of his orginal design and Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

>Russia
Hardly counts,that's like saying Florida is irl.

He's just a gentle hispanic teddy bear.

His design in Arkham Origins is top notch.

people IRL inject themselves willingly with botuline toxin, one of the most powerful neurotoxins known to man

>big guy

Yeah, compared to his tiny fucking head.

>pussy flood.

I kinda liked gimp-Bane. It was a little gay, sure, but the red eyes and jagged teeth were kewl as shit.

I assumed it was Dini in particular that hated Bane, since his Arkham City sidequest seemed to be thrown in solely to spite him and his fans.

True