youtube.com/watch?v=9fFPUn9DvFg
youtube.com/watch?v=x-tBCkDNd00
youtube.com/watch?v=bcwiXY7YCyY
youtube.com/watch?v=irIqTPQqgvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pKqmEAyWsH8
youtube.com/watch?v=Tjp-_xhZXY0
youtube.com/watch?v=9w11qnvcJFA
youtube.com/watch?v=AH2AsHXQqhM
youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ&index=5&t=0s&list=LL-q5zbwiKUG7TAb_NvbvoMQ&ab_channel=MontyPython
youtube.com/watch?v=YImIvmtuHAE
twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/972044502327332864
twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/972053431539167232
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/The_Second_Last_Great_Gallifrey_Base/Sup
twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/972077318905704455
twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/972078193199996928
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone know where I can get a pdf of the lost dimensions comic?

no

:(

Just read it online.

We're fucked

where can i read it online? i found a page that was just called "readcomiconline" or something, and it had the first and last issue, but nothing in between

oh god

ITT: we talk like RTD brainlets
>Jack was gay but at least he wasn't in your face about it like Bill!

>SJA and Torchwood is better than Class!

>Why does Bill always say she's a lesbian? Show don't tell!
Anyone who says this doesn't understand what "show, don't tell" means.

Lost Dimension has intermediate issues, called "Lost Dimension: Alpha" and "Lost Dimension: Omega", listed separately in readcomic.

But that's a perfectly justifiable opinion to have

SJA is better than class. Children of Earth as well.

Any bets that ClassAnon hasn't even watched Class?

Tbqh they were super in-your-face about jack's gayness after series 1. It and immortality were literally the only traits jack had once they dropped the fact that he was a time agent with a loss of memories; and they dropped that pretty much right after moff stopped writing the character.

But I have.
I'm currently rewatching for the eighth time.

Do you consider it a "Class"-ic?

RTDchads aren't the ones complaining about bill's sexuality

Reminder that Cummingkino:

alancumming.com/1992/2015/5/26/the-airzone-solution

Doctor Who is dead.

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2.5
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the third /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction, because following the success of Shit Trips 1 and 2, /who/ has started another anthology of wondrous tales. God help us.

This time, the rules will be a tad different, as in we actually have rules now. The stories must be about:

> alternate Doctors (original Doctors, fanmade Doctors, Unbound Doctors, Doctors of wild divergence from canon)

> spinoff characters from audios, books, comics, etc (Torchwood, Erimem, Faction Paradox, Vienna, Sarah Jane Adventures, Iris Wildthyme, etc)

>companion focused stories (stories with the companion facing a threat, or dealing with life, WITHOUT the Doctor)

Besides that, no limits (and your story can be in more than one category above).

>Can still be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".

>the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck

Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.

Rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin or google drive works well.) And remember to mention, preferably in your work post, what you want your author moniker to be, which doesn't have to be your real name.

Remember, it doesn’t matter if it’s shit, just have fun! Deadline is April 2nd

Alan Cumming in a BBV film is bizarre. It's like if Reeltime somehow got Judi Dench to show up in Anomaly.

What are /who/ listening to?
youtube.com/watch?v=dzafS2LSmzk

Hello, Nacho. By the way, what did you say that last companion was named again?

I'm planing on writing a Wendigo story for Nacho Doctor. Unless you are too.

There's a surprising overlap between Sup Forums and RTDfags
it's just because the RTD era went out before they were so politicised as people

I'd argue that there are more leftypol RTDfags since a large quantity of anti-moff complaints are about how he's sexist and can't write women etc

Does anyone have the page with the doctor silhouette photo chibs mentions in pic related?

>Cuddly TV weatherman Arnold Davies does not concern himself with such weighty issues. However, unbeknown to him, an ancient power is about to turn his cosy life upside-down and pitch him into a struggle to preserve the Earth itself.
>Cuddly

youtube.com/watch?v=9fFPUn9DvFg

bravo briggs

I'd say the leftist "Moffat sexist" STFU-Moffat crowd has died down in a big way since about Series 7, simply because they stopped having major things to latch onto. There are still some of those sorts hanging about, latching onto the same arguments from about 2011. I'd say the hatred for Moffat has almost completely inverted since that era, and now it's mostly people who think he's a cucked lefty or whatever. But he still says things that manage to trigger both sides, i.e. the "show needs to be for Brexit voters too" quote.

That's a fair point actually, I had forgotten about that

Could you expand on that? what does "show dont tell" really mean? (genuinely curious to know, not trying to be mean)

Clara Lichtenstein, but I'm considering making her Sophie Menter(student of Franz Liszt) because there are no surviving picturea of clara to reference.

Id go with her. A male companion might be a good choice as well for a physical fight: the nacho doc tends to fight dirty and not let people have a real chance to strike back whenever possible. If you want a brawl or some kind of wrestling he needs a bit of a chesterton type who's eager to show off how strong or useful he is, only for the doctor to go "yeah, but why not just do it the easy way and shoot a leg first"

its basically the reason he keeps the demat gun as a hat rack.

how do i find the rest?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most presentations of bill's sexuality were her stating her sexuality in some manner, rather than acting it out.
You don't have straight companions saying they're straight, you have them coming onto people they're attracted to. Bill does this too, but there are a few too many moments where she lampshades her sexuality - and in ways that aren't just about highlighting the cultural significance, either

Her first introduction scene is her feeding a girl chips until she pavlovs them into a lesbian relationship. Thats a pretty big show.

She also shows romantic interest in heather and that girl from the trilogy, I'm aware, yes

>straight companions saying they're straight

Because everyone assumes you're straight, so straight folk never have to declare their sexuality. Only non-straight people have to clarify. That's part of being gay in a world with majority straights.

Go to a gay or lesbian bar, a place where people aren't assumed "straight", to understand that.

It would be easier to tell you what it doesn't mean. Contrary to what people on message boards think, "show, don't tell" doesn't mean "don't use dialogue". Dialogue is one of the ways you can show information.
For example, that moment in The Pilot where Bill's talking to her foster mum and she mutters "men aren't where I keep my eye, actually." Even though that's a line of dialogue, it's still showing information. The same information, but told instead of shown, would've been if it was Bill talking to the Doctor and she said something like "my foster mum doesn't understand anything about me or my sexuality, it's such a drag".
I can't think of a single instance of Bill's sexuality that doesn't cover "show, don't tell" by it's actual definition. People just don't want to hear it spoken through dialogue, which seems kind of arbitrary to me.

Galaxy 4

Lads, I gotta admit. I don't think I'm ready for the recons.
I skipped Marco Polo because I was too overwhelmed back then but I managed to watch every recon after it. So I thought I could at least handle my first full-missing serial.
You know how everyone kinda overestimates how much they can take/do in a given situation? Like how you used to let your homework pile up because you think you could it all in one day? Yeah this is like that but I'm afraid I won't be able to finish this.
It doesn't help that the story is a bit meh as well.
Alright. There's not much to say. This what, the proto modern doctor rescue situation? Never seen 1 be such a pacifist before, not that I'm complaining. It's just that there isn't enough going on here to fill 4 episodes. Barbarella race is evil, selfish and ignorant even though they're all hot amazon babes that make my weewee feel weird. Alien lovecraftian poop is kind and intelligent even though he's ugly and scary. Could have done this in 3 parts, easily.
Still, I like how episode 4 is this tense little ticking-time-clock situation where they're desperately trying to get the ship running before it all goes to shit and the tension keeps building with the Drahvin getting closer and closer to them.
Besides that there's some good lines here and there. Mostly from Vicki, whom I absolutely adore at this point, but it's not enough to keep me going.
Chumblies are cute tho, so 3/10 at least for that. (It used to be 4/10 but I'll have to mark down a point for all the dead Chumblies)

I do have to say that I'm afraid that I'll just dislike these serials and never give them a chance because, you know, slideshows with audio.
Still, I'll try to keep it positive, especially since I'm getting close to the 12-part dalek story that's mostly missing.
Wish me luck

All of Bill's mentions of sexuality carry equal weight to "companions coming onto people they're attracted to", except it's mostly the reverse—people coming onto Bill with her having to explain her sexuality. And we got Bill coming onto someone she was attracted to in her very first episode—I'm not sure what you meant by this post.

Oh, okay, that makes a lot of sense actually! thanks. I heard people say it quite a bit referring to Moffat's run on the show, but I didn't quite get what that meant. :)

I don't under the logic that says Bill's sexuality would've been more natural if every mention of it came in the form of her arbitrarily coming onto a female guest character.

Bill declared her sexuality for no reason ZERO (0) times.

youtube.com/watch?v=x-tBCkDNd00

Anyone got any good Chibnall interviews or anything? I wanna know what kind of dr who he likes

youtube.com/watch?v=bcwiXY7YCyY

this might give us some hope though

youtube.com/watch?v=irIqTPQqgvQ

Is this Broadchurch?

Geez, that's rough to watch. Don't think I'd seen the full scene before. Who's the little guy in the mirror?

This sounds so fucking creepy

i think its colin

in the way he stated it... yes.
but the actual idea... no. (Don't be a pussy)

youtube.com/watch?v=pKqmEAyWsH8

Name a situation where 12 could strangle Clara that wouldn't come off as jarring or stupid.

>when the tardis with snow disappeared, the snow visibly falls off
I feel like they haven't bothered with this type of attention to detail for a while
besides the clara mural, I guess

It happens in Vincent and the Doctor as well. Watch the paper advertisement plastered on the TARDIS while it's in the past, and what happens when they dematerialize at the end.

V&TD MENTION!?!?!

youtube.com/watch?v=Tjp-_xhZXY0
youtube.com/watch?v=9w11qnvcJFA
youtube.com/watch?v=AH2AsHXQqhM

youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ&index=5&t=0s&list=LL-q5zbwiKUG7TAb_NvbvoMQ&ab_channel=MontyPython

S5 Matt > S7B Matt > S6 Matt > S7A Matt

Vworp vworp

Why get an autograph from Eric Saward? An autograph from John Peel would have more sentimental value.

What does /who/ think of Uncle Tewwence?

kino desu kino desu kino desu

War Games and Horror of Fang Rock are cool. Heard all his PDA/EDAs were godawful though.

god bwess 'im

You should get checked quickly.

youtube.com/watch?v=YImIvmtuHAE

bend it like beckham is a better representation of british-indian culture than foreman could even dream of being

twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/972044502327332864
How long will it last lads?

Because it wasn't pushing an agenda. It was simply telling a story that happened to be about Guptas

He's the gweatest. The weason I got into weading.

Who the hell is this guy?

why the fuck are you talking like toddlers

Because Terrance Dicks talks like Elmer Fudd in real life.

I can upload the Lost Dimension stuff tomorrow.

twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/972053431539167232

Enjoying your first day?

What provoked this whelan event? Did he get in a fight with girly?

Is there any way to know how popular the Capaldi era really is on tumblr, compared to other eras? Because there's a lot of conflicting ideas about that

you'd have to do some type of data analysis to determine how many doctor who posts there are about capaldi era specifically, and analyze the content to determine if they're positive or negative

fuck that shit

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/The_Second_Last_Great_Gallifrey_Base/Sup Forums_War
Read this

twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/972077318905704455
He's losing it

Peter Capaldi had the best run you can realistically hope for

What level of Whelan are you on? twitter.com/MrWhelan101/status/972078193199996928

I will never be on "unironically retweeting clickbait articles filled with carefully selected tweets intended to dictate your opinion" level

took me a mo to realise you weren't talking about his actual run

Shit Trips 2.5 progress?

I apologise for not spending every waking hour here memorising your memes.

>Guys if you want to send me hate & abuse then please, write down what you want to say on a piece of paper and put it in a bin. Any bin, anywhere and it’ll find its way to me. Thanks!
he's stolen that from someone and i can't remember who it was

you're right but I also can't remember who said it

could it be mark lamarr on never mind the buzzcocks?

Whatever happened to him? That curly haired prick who took over on Buzzcocks was shite. Do they even still make it?

i liked amstell, it got really dire in the guest host seasons and somehow stayed on for 5 years before getting cancelled in 2015

It was "Phil" from the Inbetweeners, to Will