He-Man deserves a 2010s reboot. In fact...

He-Man deserves a 2010s reboot. In fact, they should bring back ever single 80s cartoon since the 80s was the best decade for animation. That was my childhood

I want skeleton to have his own show after giving up on villainy in a Harvey birdman esque way but cartoon villains

though it should come back on [as] with a little ironic and sarcastic humor with awareness that they are show

>they should bring back ever single 80s cartoon since the 80s was the best decade for animation. That was my childhood.

I know this is probably bait, but I'll bite in case it isn't: you realise how shit the 70s - 80s were for the animation industry right?

>Skeletor runs a rehab center for 80's cartoon villains.
>The other evil warriors work there.
>There are episodes where Skeletor has to deal with his own urges to be evil again.
Would you watch it?

Explain why the 80s was a bad time for the animation industry. I personally loved the 80s

Yeh that actually sounds decent

I'd say the late 80's was when things were starting to pick up, but before that 80's cartoons were mostly just cheaply animated toy commercials that had to force in education. Little to no creator-driven content.
I'd say the 70's was worse though.

The Smurfs was really good though. That had really good animation

The one from 2002 was acceptable. Or maybe I was just easily impressed by motion blur in cartoons.

Just as long as they use the original music or a decent remake of it. sorta like the new ducktales theme.

I guess it wasn't bait then.

After the fall of the golden age (it ended early 50s) animation dropped in quality hugely and less focus was given to it. After TV became mainstream, entertainment companies focused on fast and convenient forms of entertainment.

This led to two things: 1. Animation becoming incredibly cheap to produce and formulaic, with bland stories ideal for basic syndication (so basically Hanna Barbera)
2. Animation solely designed to help make back its budget tenfold by advertising toys and games (Care Bears, He-Man, Transformers, Ninja Turtles)
3. This lack of interest in animation rubbed off on Disney and Warner Bros., which drove them to steer away from their focus on animated entertainment

So basically, from the mid 60s to mid 80s we had nothing but cheaply animated shows either for quick profit, or to sell toys and action figures. It was only until the late 80s and early 90s that actual artistic merit and creator driven talent returned to TV animation. There's a reason we call it the dark ages of animation.

Just realised I said two things and then listed three. I need some fucking sleep.

There were some great shows like Scooby-Doo and The Smurfs though

Scooby-Doo was 1969

>the realization that even the rebooted Masters of the Universe is 15 years old at this point

Fuck. I Am so goddamned old

>since the 80s was the best decade for animation
Let's not get too crazy.

It might not have been the greatest period for animation as an art form, but you have to admit, the cartoons it spawned were almost all pop culture phenomenon.

Like after the golden age, up until the 80s, about the only cartoons that left an imprint on the masses were Scooby Doo and The Flintstone.

Then you hit the 80s, and pretty much every show is a household name, to the point that even today, like 40 years later, people still remember and reference back to them constantly.

Yeah, the 90s might have had better written and animated shows, and more creator driven content, but how many really left a mark? Probably not many, since that was also the decade that anime burst on to the scene in a big way, meaning even the best cartoons were overshadowed by Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon

Scooby Doo had a very unique premise and was half decent, but the animation was disastrously poor. Some of its most iconic features were created by a lack of budget, like the iconic re-used running animation, and Frank Welker pretty much doing 50% of the voices. The Smurfs also had some incredibly poor animation, and probably only looked marginally better because it was an adaption of a popular french property that didn't belong to HB.

At least the writing of Scooby-Doo and The Smurfs was really good

I mean, there's a reason many people remember them fondly as opposed to say, Cow and Chicken and Shnookums and Meat

>the 90s might have had better written and animated shows, and more creator driven content, but how many really left a mark?

The Simpsons (not strictly 90s but basically still counts) gave us the first truly adult animated programming of a decent quality, Ren and Stimpy innovated the creator-based format and inspired countless more shows afterwards, Beavis and Butthead broke boundaries for being constantly up-to-date with current entertainment and provided constant social commentary in animated form, and hell you can't even argue that anime overshowed the west when the 90s gave us Spongebob, the Powerpuff Girls and Steven Spielburgs Animaniacs. The 90s was literally the birth of popular western animation.

The anime boom didn't start until 1998.

I will give you The Simpsons, Ren and Stimpy and Spongebob, but I question whether or not Beavis and Butthead and Animaniacs left the same kind of lasting impression of pop culture that He-Man, Transformers or Ninja Turtles did

They should bring back the 2002 show

When will nostalgiafags be banned from Sup Forums?

More like "I was a kid so it was good".

Hope you enjoy your Monkey's Paw you asshole. My childhood has been nearly 100% raped at this point, you should be grateful your poorly animated skits are made with even WORST animation and shitty artstyles, filled with sjw pandering.

Bait

But if they did it wouldn't have any of that 80's charm and wouldn't tickle your nostalgia bone. You would hate it. Why do you want what you know you really don't want?

DuckTales 2017 is really good

Wow jeez great argument.

The Smurfs has aged really well you faggot. Same with 90s shows like Ren and Stimpy and Animaniacs (two of the small handful of good 90s toons)

Make it so.

Admittedy it is but an exception doesn't disprove the rule. And even though the new DuckTales is good, it IS entirely lacking the 80's charm and nostalgia as I said.

"PLEASE DON'T RAPE ME, HE-MAN!"

It was a different time.

Just adapt the first Masters of the Universe mini comics material. More competent background story, and world building

Pretty sure the title alone triggers too many gender deniers.

I miss He-Man

Recently I been reading the minicomics
I find strange that mattel hasn't tried to revive the toyline since 2002 and now it only exists as shit for collectors. Do little boys not like action figures anymore? is it too violent for today's soccer moms? Too homoerotic?
I will totally love a new MotU cartoon that takes cues from action cartoons of the last few years, it will work well.

It was shit, user.

Kids nowadays just have ipads and watch youtube celebs.

>Good, canceled after one and a half season because CN decides 5 AM is the best time slot for it
>25% chance to be great, 25% chance to be unwatchable, 50% chance for being bad, Netflix only
>Good at first, quality drains throughout the single season it gets, Adult Swim only
>Powerpuff Girls 2: Twerklectric Boogaloo

pick your poison

I'll take the Netflix choice, best choice of the 4

80s revivals are so 2000s. Late 90s and early 2000s cartoons are the hip thing to revive now.

too few episodes to say that

>we will never get a Netflix continuation of the Thundercats reboot

won't happen moment toys don't start moving they pull the plug