Scott Pilgrim

So Sup Forumsmrades what is your opinion on this comic movie adaptation?

Pretentious hipster bullshit

I like it more than the comic to be quite honest with you, family. They're both good, but it's a damn entertaining movie.

Liked the movie a lot.

100 percent kino

Just because something is different doesn’t mean it’s hipster bullshit the movie is fun and light hearted and made and ironically is a good video game movie.

So who is the better babe Ramona or Knives?

Kim in the comics, Knives in the movie.

On a slightly different note I re-read these this month.

They're more depressing than I

I thought it was kind of lame. I hear people say that it was timely when it came off but in 2017 it feels dated and it's a lot more obnoxious than it is quirky.

game>comic>movie

I mean its not a perfect adaptation so if your some type of comic purist I guess you might hate it

but honestly it was hilarious and I loved it, Edgar Wright is a 10/10 director

The ending sucked and the alternative version was just as bad.

Scott deserved to be alone at the end but heaven forbid we have the geek hero face the consequences of his actions and not get whatever he wants

It's pretty alright.

Knives and Kim deserve better.

its a comedy man

learn to tell the difference, asking for Scott Pilgrim to have a tragic ending is like asking Romeo and Juliet to live happily ever after, its asking for the movie to be something entirely different than what it was

a good abridged version. The comic delves more into the character relationshps

Hey user, what's the ma

It's overall very enjoyable and Edgar Wright is a genius but Micheal Cera was a huge miscast. His performance completely changes Scott's character

Substance wasn't great, but it had a very good style to it. Visually appealing and lost of amusing individual scenes. Wallace was one of the best characters in the movie. All of it could probably be attributed to Edgar Wright.

if I recall the actor playing Gideon was meant to play Scott at first

This

This. Scott and Ramona are not squeaky clean innocents.

It's one of my all time favourite movies but I haven't read the comic.

It was alright, but Cera was a terrible choice and this was one of those rare times when it probably would have been better if it had been split up into two movies so the story had some room to breathe. Not that Wright would have ever done that.

I hate this kike faggot so fucking much

It was a fun movie. People that hate it take the movie too seriously.

poor casting choice in the male lead.

awful. About the worst ever

Watch it agajn: Scott reads more like a pathetic guy working off his "awkward charm" as opposed to an innocent victim