Stepphenwolf

>Stepphenwolf
>"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall, like all the others.”

>Loki
>"How desperate are you to call upon such lost people(the Avengers) to defend you?"

W-wow, great villain, DC....

God Justice League is gonna suck. Thank Christ they're abandoning the whole DCEU after.

Ok.

DSHIT DOES IT AGAIN

thank god they won't be around much longer

They arent. You didn't read the article. He just said the term dceu isn't the real name. We are also getting more dark Superman. There is no hope.

it's a good thing you put in that parenthetical, otherwise we might not know who he was referring to.

What comparison are you even making here?

They're not abandoning the DCEU. They're backing away from the notion of ensuring every film is integrated deeply into the overall continuity of the universe.

More movies that exist just outside of the continuity like Guardians of the Galaxy and Wonder Woman is what they're talking about.

Is that Steppenwolf? I thought that was Ares. I'm sure that won't confuse anybody watching the movies.

But Guardians of the Galaxy is a Marvel movie. And Wonder Woman is part of the Trinity. Her movie was the best one of the whole sickly batch.

Did you mean Suicide Squad? I thought we all agreed that was non-canon.

DC's biggest villain so far is a pussy while Marvel has a Chad villain who knowingly invades worlds with superheroes.

Oh you

Ares is an old guy that shoot sword. This is an old guy with a lava hammer.

Not to mention the Planet Who Rapes Other Planets. This guy may be the most morally repulsive super hero movie villain since Yellow Bastard.

>no good gl movie anytime soon

Darkseid is a known universe conquering chad while thanos is a beta knock off. Darkseid also looks cooler

I'm not talking about being canon. I'm talking about how tight it is with the overall continuity of the universe.
GOTG is canon within the MCU, but the events of the film are not directly impacted by events from other movies, nor do the film's events have a direct impact on other films in the series, at least not yet. The same goes for Wonder Woman and the DCEU; it exists within canon but outside of the stronger continuity.

But there are supposedly plans for non-DCEU-canon films like the Joker film that's in development. It's possible that a number of other films that have been announced, like the Batgirl film, might also exist outside of canon, but it remains to be seen if that's truly the case.

>wears shorts
>cool
Fuck off joey

I hope DCEU movies crash and burn. Infinity war and the x-kino movies are enough for next year

So there are going to be canon and noncanon films being put out by the same studio at the same time? I'm certain that won't cause any difficulties at all.

"Is this the Joker? I thought he was the purring guy with tattoos?"

"No this one's in a different continuity."

"Dafuq's a continuity?

>thanos is a beta knock off.
>Mfw people will call Darkseid the knock off after IW

They will. If they keep mishandling there own characters they will.

>I hope DCEU movies crash and burn.
That's what they say about every movie.

Like I said, they're working on it and nothing's been officially set in stone yet.
But I'm sure they'll release movies under a specific banner like Elseworlds were.

The whole DCEU is a ripoff. They ripoff MCU'S structure and quips. They ripoff Nolan's edginess and dialog. They ripoff anything they see making money.

you use square brackets to indicate context needed to grasp a quote but not actually part of the quote. not parentheses.

>do what he does
>except also making one of the best trilogy of all time not just among capeshit, but the whole cinema in general

>marvel comics blatantly rips off dc comics
>dc movies now blatantly rip off marvel movies
pottery

The average theater goer understands that Marvel and DC are different companies and don't crossover. They've learned over time the difference between a sequel and a reboot. But I don't have confidence that they'll immediately understand what an elseworld story is.

It seems like a lot of fun. It's creativity and risky, and would put DC miles above anything Marvel has done.

But it would hemorrhage money.

>The average theater goer understands that Marvel and DC are different companies and don't crossover.
No? Normies are waiting for Iron man and Batman to fight ffs.

You're talking about Nolan, right?

I don't know about greatest. Begins was fun, Dark Knight town was fucking kino, and Rises was fun, quotable garbage.

But the MCU is a dynasty and a trendsetter. For better or worse.

Well, Better have one masterpiece than bunch of forgettable popcorn flicks for plebs.

Friendly reminder that people who call it Marvel Comics are casuals from Sup Forums that only come here to talk about how THE ENTIRE COMIC BOOK INDUSTRY IS DYING BECAUSE SJWS ARE KILLING IT

Would you rather have one golden egg, or the goose that lays them?

Golden egg cost much more than ordinary goose who lays eggs, mate.

I'd consider Guardians, Winter Soldier, and Iron Man Uno to be masterpieces.

Wonder Woman was fine tho. It's the Marie of the DCEU Kankers.

>Stepphenwolf

There's a good chink of the problems with JL right there. No one cares about him.

>Detective comics comics

Was the metaphor lost on you friend?

Moviegoers are simultaneously smarter and dumber than you think.

But I'm pretty sure that if you plaster that a movie is separate in continuity-- or, better yet, tone-- than the DCEU films that they'll get it.

I'd never heard of him to be honest. But I'd never heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy either.

Well, you're wrong. GotG, WS and IM are OKAY movies. It's just blockbusters like first Transformers. Begins is better a bit. TDKR is same, but TDK is above all of it. Not even close to these flicks.
Your metaphor is wrong since Marvel movies are not golden eggs but ordinary ones.

>Darkseid is a known universe conquering chad

>Wears a skirt and is obsessed with math

Darkseid is a geek. A geek!

You've never had to explain to a grown man what a reboot is, have you?

>I'd consider Guardians, Winter Soldier, and Iron Man Uno to be masterpieces
Jesus...

Has anybody had to?

true they'll never make a trilogy as great as Captain America's

Avengers made made over half a billion dollars. That's not an ordinary egg muchacho.

Not him, but the 'DC' just stands for DC these days, nobody ever calls them that anymore, the company itself included. And to be honest, they haven't for at least 40 or 50 years.

>Wonder Woman was fine tho
yeah if you like shitty knockoffs of great movies

I bet my left nut Steppenwolf and Darkseid in the inevitable sequel will be entirely interchangeable.

And Minons made more than a billion. People love shit. Your point?

I stand by what I said. Iron Man started the modern superhero trend. Guardians of the Galaxy broke the mold and inspired Suicide Squad to shit the bed.
Winter Soldier set the standard for capeshit storytelling in movies and nears Dark Knight in quality.

Fight me.

if that's true then why doesn't DC have billion dollar movies?

God knows they're shit enough

Dark Knight is a fucking terrible movie in basically every aspect.

I don't fight retarded children.

>Winter Soldier nears Dark Knight in quality.
oh come on DChump it's nowhere near that bad

I know I'm arguing for Marvel movies, but you got shit taste.

Well, DCEU doesn't have good target audience. There are not as many edgykids as average joes and "geeks"

>set the standard for capeshit storytelling
I'm pretty sure standard was already settled by Batman Begins and TDK. Literally perfect superhero movies except of lazy actions scenes.

Math is not geeky! It's very cool and important!

Sure, nerd.

>loki
>chad

He was a joke villain.

>MoS and BvS pander to edgy basement dwellers

>SS panders to edgy teens, sluts and spics/blacks

>WW panders to sjws and wymin

DC just can't market their movies right

>>Literally perfect
>>Except

>basement dwellers

You mean comic book fans. Confirmed for Reddit.

look like the villain is ares again

>Unironic company wars
We truly are Sup Forums mk. II

well, they lost the comic book fans by shitting on the comics. only ones left were the basement dwellers that only care about the movies

WW panders to people who like good fantasy movies. There were nothing about sjw scum in the movie. Only marketing.

>Batman costume looks like shit
>The Batman voice
>Bruce is a dumbass the entire time and can't figure anything else out for himself, basically being reduced to a less than lethal version of the punisher
>Fight scenes are all awful, literally every single one
>2.5 hours long for no reason
>Pretentious and is trying to 'say something' but has no real message at all
>Joker is not only really out of character, but he's more annoying than intimidating
>Music is extremely generic and not at all memorable
>Has 'Nolan Scenes' like the part with the boats, where he has to do something confusing and ultimately stupid for almost no reason other than to seem smart
>Every time they try to make it seem "dark, gritty, and realistic" it just seems juvenile at best and fedoracore at worst, the pencil scene is a good example of this
BRAVO NOLAN

This is what comes to mind everytime we have a company war thread

>War
>Implying DChumps can even fight
good one

>basement dwellers
>moviefags

Try again.

Though I'm sure you didn't read the comics either Reddit "geek." Go back to JustNeckbeardthings.

>all these subjective reeeeeeeeeee
>not a single solid argument
absolute state of Sup Forums

That movie's a fucking joke dude.

You're not wrong.

In the minds of deluded marveldrones maybe.

The only joke here is people who are trying to deny best capeshit movie of all time.

I assume you're talking about Nolan's film here?

Begins and Dark Knight are good, Rises is legit trash.

NONE of these films are masterpieces. Iron Man is good. Dark Knight is good. Begins is good. WS is good. They're all relatively witty or clever, well-made action/drama movies with fun stories and beloved characters.

They are not, however, even remotely close to the level of anything you'd call a masterpiece. Nothing DC has made is a masterpiece. None of these films are Barry Lyndon or The Third Man or Stalker. They're just enjoyable movies. They don't have to be masterpieces to be good.

Only real sjw thing in the movie was the secretary slavery joke which is pretty in character.

no one's denying Winter Soldier

>Iron Man started the modern superhero trend
First of all this isn't a good thing.
Second of all, its a rip off of Batman Begins, at least in structure what with him not suiting up until halfway through the movie or the villain being a mentor. But as a movie it's worse than Begins in every single category.

Well, yeah, nobody denies that The Incredibles is the best.

None of them are particularly good adaptations, and the marvel movies piss me off for different reasons. But nobody is going around pretending they're masterpieces because the director was embarassed to make a superhero movie, even though that's true for almost all of them.

Imagine trying to criticize a movie for poor action scenes and then say Winter Soldier is good.

Rises is unironically better than any Marvel movie.
And you are you trying to deny obvious superiority of TDK, user? This movie is literally among best iconic films of all time in all charts and in minds of people also. Has one of the most iconic villain of all time. Has few iconic moments and phrases which spreaded everywhere. Can you name one (1) good memorable (not in a meme way like DANCE OFF BRO XD) quote from WS?

Why were the cops clean shaven after a year in the sewer?

And Bane was kino until it turned out he was jobbing for Talia.

you were saying

>Why were the cops clean shaven after a year in the sewer?
This is a really spergy nitpick. Why are you okay with Black Widow knocking people unconscious with her hair but this is too much for you?

Trying hard to be animu and failing. But I guess its not as bad as Civil War so that makes it a masterpiece in your eyes.

>Why were the cops clean shaven after a year in the sewer?
This detail is not making movie any worse. Just less realistic which is not a bad thing. It's cinema sins-tier complain

Alright, he blew it. Let's head on home you guys.

Not much better than Begins actions scenes desu

Too bad neither were still as scary as Kevin.

>This movie is literally among best iconic films of all time in all charts and in minds of people also.
>muh argumentum ad populum
All it proves is that all the good critics are dead and people are easily impressed retards. Fincher on a bad day can make a better movie than that trash.
>iconic villain
The fact that people like a generic one-dimensional villain only proves that they have terrible taste.
>Has few iconic moments and phrases which spreaded everywhere
You mean, cringeworthy garbage appealing only to edgy teenagers?
Thank you. Dicksucking for Nolan is so damn annoying.

hilarious

Sorry for your shit taste.
>g-general audiences can't be stupid and eat up garbage

>I'd consider Guardians, Winter Soldier, and Iron Man Uno to be masterpieces.
Lmao

Well, it's not me here who liking popcorn flicks and can't appreciate and understand Nolan masterpieces. He made his Batman as simple as possible for you and yet you prefer to be contrarian faggot.

>his moves clearly would not hit captain at this distance
>robotic army, yet a slap redirectioned the move
is shit desu