Was she a good mother?

Was she a good mother?

Her biggest sin was just fearing death really.

>She didn't rape rapunzel
1/10

>new episode tomorrow

>The extension of my life is worth the complete stifling of yours

If you think about the evil mom as a person struggling with drug addiction it's pretty sad.

yada.. yada.. yada...
Who cares, she was an ugly old hag anyways.

Yes. She did everything required of a mother

>Addicted to HAIR

WRONG. Rapunzel was little more than a pet for her. She manipulated Rapunzel for years and when Rapunzel finally tried to live her own life, Gothel put her in chains. She was a terrible mother.

Not as good or sexy as Aunt Cass but still worth a throbber.

I wonder what percentage of people would literally choose to extend their life by draining it out of children like batteries if you invented something that let you do that.

I'm thinking only a few would refrain from using it at all.

she had a great rack

>Hair-o-ine.
It's work's.

Death is a HUGE fear user, I think if other adults were in her shoes the temptation to recharge youth would be nearly unfathomable. Especially if there's no permanent damage to the giver. You could tell the lady got more desperate the more years she lived past her natural life span. How could someone not be terrified if they knew they would literally disintegrate if they go 24 hours cold turkey without a dosage. That's one he'll of a withdrawal complication. She knew it was wrong but probably couldn't stop out of primal fear

wait so did it hurt the princess girl when she took some hair? Why not just ask her since she's her mom

At least she wasnt locked outside with no food, water or money while Gothel got drunk and her boyfriend got high.

Certainly there are many examples of worse mothers, just look at disco milf from Kill La Kill, or go read a newspaper. But I would not qualify Gothel as a "good" mother.

No.
Shes far from the worst but she is still bad.

Nah she was an abusive kidnapper, her excuses don't really make up for that.
>Ugly old hag
Fuck you
She didn't take hair, she sang to it.

her tits are nice in the chair drawing

rest in fucking pieces

No. She stole Rapunzel and raised her for the sole purpose of gaining immortality and kept her locked in a tower with no real exit usable by Rapunzel (she thought) to eliminate any chance of losing eternal youth. The instant that it looked like Rapunzel wasn't going to remain an obedient child (and Gothel was gonna have to start dealing with grey hair and wrinkles like the rest of us), she decided isolation and emotional abuse wasn't good enough and started resorting to physical assault and attempted murder. If Flynn hadn't indirectly iced the bitch by cutting Rapunzel's hair, then Gothel would have continued to escalate in attempting to control Rapunzel until she finally broke.
She wasn't "overly protective" or "a helicopter mom". She was a kidnapper, and Rapunzel was her prisoner.

>mfw this shit is even a fucking question

I mean Jesus Christ, how is it ever possible to walk out of this movie thinking Gothel is anything close to sympathetic or justified? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Dunno about you guys, but I'd love to be in Rapunzel's place.

user, she's hot. The moment a villain is hot, the fandom is ready to forgive everything.

She's sure as shit not hotter than short-haired brunette Rapunzel, who she denied the world of for years. That should definitely cancel out any good will her hotness gets her.
I mean, look at this. You see this!? You cannot tell me that you would not hit this with the fiery fury of a thousand scorching suns.

This, a million times this. You'd have to have an IQ in the single digits to think she has an redeeming qualities and is anything beyond evil.
>b-b-b-b-but she hawt!
Your shitty taste in women doesn't excuse the fact she is evil and never a good person, let alone a good mother.

>She's sure as shit not hotter than short-haired brunette Rapunzel
That's your opinion. Rapunzel is cute.

Mother Gothel is sex personfied.

How is it possible for one human being to have such terrible taste.

Don't know, ask your therapist. An absolute basic, pleb tier taste.

I disagree, what now fagboi?

Okay, since you don't care about personality you have the freedom to go for all the insane-but-crazy-hot girls you can. Enjoy getting into constant bouts of psychotic drama that comes part and parcel with girls that are nuts. Hope you like knifeplay and getting your hair cut in your sleep.

No. Having a pretty understandable rationale behind your actions doesn't stop you being a villain.

how long could she keep it out, she was just as trapped as Rapunzel.
she cant just go on vacation for a week with out taking Rapunzel, and it was only a matter of time Rapunzel would have wanted to leave and even if she didn't Rapunzel wasnt immortal

That's what's makes it more interesting, she's a villain because she's afraid of her own death and the unknown that comes with it. It makes you question how many people would do the same, but you're right she can only live as long as repunzel does. It would be neat to see her getting more insane and desperate as repunzel becomes an older woman than her and she's forced to face the fact that her time is running out , she got to live at best 2 life times but it was a very shackled life riddled with anxiety, desperation, and fear.

As she laboriously cares for an aging Repunzel who needs more and more assistance. She'll realize it wasn't worth it , prolonging her life just to realise it wouldn't last, and she just ruined the life of some innocent girl.

Rapunzel wouldn't turn into a jolly and easy going person if Gothel was a terrible parent.

Checkmate.

But does being a villain make you terrible parent?

This.

Even if we were to judge her as her "mother", she commits every singe textbook error of bad parenting.

Fuck her, she has no redeeming qualities.

Don't blame him for not being a pedo. The fault lies with YOU.

Yeah all things considered

not really considering she abandoned her real daughter

It's fine, because the children can reecover the life when they grow up, by draining it from the new children. The system is fine, so long as each generation has more kids than the one before it.

Which is actually exactly what has gone wrong with our pensions and social care for the elderly