Why did the writers hate him so much?

Why did the writers hate him so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Grimes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I believe the story goes that this character and episode plot was supposed to represent the unseen consequences of Homer's stupid, selfish, lucky, sitcom hijinks. It was supposed to be self-satire, but it didn't really work since he wasn't very likable.

Because he is a character incapable of surviving in a Simpsons universe. That's who and what he was. He was introduced for the sole purpose of writing him out.

As someone who never watched Simpsons growing up but have always been surrounded by people who loved it for reasons I can't understand and have been more exposed to later seasons I've always found this guy to be the most relatable character in the entire Simpsons-verse.

Worst excuse for mean spirited writing ever!

>mean spirited writing

He was a goy

He was a jerk to Homer from the second he met him, he was a petty jealous faggot who couldn't be happy for other people. If he just accepted that Homer had some lucky breaks and focused more on his own life he would have been much happier

>If he just accepted that Homer had some lucky breaks and focused more on his own life he would have been much happier
On that note can we all agree this episode severely downplayed the shitty aspects of Homer's life?

At least he fucking died. The whole Spongebob cast is still alive and getting constantly tormented by that yellow retard

Is it really mean spirited when Frank Grimes was the one who started being mean?

>works in a deathtrap owned by a tyrant
>asshole son
>abusive father, estranged mother

>buh-but he eats TURKEY, guys!
Seriously, who thinks that the food hosts put out at parties is anything like the food they eat regularly?

Spongebob's actually gotten better in recent years.

checked

Firstly, it was lobster, not turkey. Secondly, Homer lied to Grimey to get him to come over, said it was something important and work related. He didn't know that was a special dinner for him, he honestly thought that was just a normal night at the Simpson house.

>>works in a deathtrap owned by a tyrant
most people would be glad to have homers job for life, he literally has his life done, the rest is up to him.

>>asshole son
?

>>abusive father, estranged mother
kys

>works in a deathtrap owned by a tyrant

90% of the danger at the nuclear plant is personally caused by Homer himself.

but they don't? That episode was meant to show how fucked up Homer and the rest of Springfield were.

>90% of the danger at the nuclear plant is personally caused by Homer himself.
No 90% of the danger is caused by Mr Burns cutting corners and being a cheap bastard.

>most people would be glad to have homers job for life, he literally has his life done, the rest is up to him.
Oh please working for Burns is hell, a lowly of times he loves to torment his employees just for the hell of it.
>?
Bart's an asshole, have you not seen the show before?
>kys
OK I think that confirms my previous question. Which is clearly a solid "no."

I think it was more a mock of the American dream. here we see a man who basically has everything from his hard work yet when shown someone who is better and happier with less work he breaks apart. it shows that life is a bitch and even promise (like hard work equals just returns) are wrong, will be broken, and we as humans need to live with the fact that this is how it is.
if he had just shut up, taken more pride in himself, and remember that their have been some in far worst then he would be alive and happy.

If anything it makes Homer seem amazing at his job seeing as Springfield isn't overrun with Bloodsuckers and anomalies.

>have been more exposed to later seasons
>people who loved it for reasons I can't understand

Well there's your problem.

>On that note can we all agree this episode severely downplayed the shitty aspects of Homer's life?

By Season 8 the show had long since abandoned the concept of Homer being just a regular blue collar Joe trying to make ends meet. That's the point of the Grimes episode.

Well, it's both. One of the ways Burns cuts corners and ignores safety is by hiring people like Homer because Burns absolutely does not give a shit what his "Safety Inspector" does, he just needs an ass in the seat to say he has one on paper.

He was a cunt. You were meant to hate him.

Frank Grimes represents the writers. I pretty sure whoever wrote this episode reacted exactly as Grimes did in that scene when Trump became president.

Which makes him more of an autistic retard who's too stupid to realize that they're doing all that for him.

This. Mr Burns is literally the reason Homer even works at the plant.

We don't have to guess about this. The Wikipedia page on the episode explains how the episode was conceived and what the aim was: what if a real-world person entered the Simpsons universe?

It's not about the writers hating Grimes, it's that Grimes is a normal person reacting to Homer's insane antics, and the crazy world that enables them.

>Bart
>an asshole

Fuck off, Enter.

>If he just accepted that Homer had some lucky breaks and focused more on his own life he would have been much happier
No he wouldn't user, the plot of the episode makes it explicitly clear that Grimes works hard in life and tries to do everything right, yet gets shat on inevitably anyway.

>simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Grimes
>Frank Grimes was a hard worker with perpetual bad luck. He was also short-tempered and easily frustrated. Frank Grimes was abandoned by his family at the tender age of four, and thus "never got to go to school." He spent his childhood days working as a delivery boy, presenting gifts to children from wealthy and loving families.

Grimes as a character is simply meant to represent people from real life who work hard and still get the short end of the stick. It happens.

>if he had just shut up, taken more pride in himself, and remember that their have been some in far worst then he would be alive and happy.
>happy.

>Frank Grimes was abandoned by his family at the tender age of four, and thus "never got to go to school." He spent his childhood days working as a delivery boy, presenting gifts to children from wealthy and loving families.
>On his eighteenth birthday, Grimes was severely injured in a silo explosion. His recovery was long and painful.
>Frank Grimes worked long and hard consistently, and what few spare moments he had, he used to study science by mail. His long years of toil and suffering appear to have left him bitter and resentful.
>At age 35, Grimes received a degree in nuclear physics from a distant college. A bird attempted to steal it from him when it arrived.

All these fucking people in this thread blaming Frank.

No it hasn't.

checked and secked?

Yes it has.

It was a lucid character in a sitcom world, what was mean spirited was outright murdering him

And because most of the consequences were seen. We see Marge's embarrassment when Homer sues the Frying Dutchman, the yelling of other drivers when he tears up New York's streets, the wounded pride of chili chefs he criticizes. Hell, Lisa basically exists to play the 'straight man' to her father's antics.
Grimes felt like an unnecessarily realistic attempt on the writers' part to explain their jokes, and nothing ruins a joke faster than that.

No.
It hasn't.

>mfw the reference goes over everyone's head

>I think it was more a mock of the American dream. here we see a man who basically has everything from his hard work yet when shown someone who is better and happier with less work he breaks apart.

I think this is the most correct interpretation.