What should they actually do with miles? like seriously?

what should they actually do with miles? like seriously?
does he have any redeemable factor worth exploring?

He should go to japan.

Or explore the whole "ultimate universe got fucking destroy thing"

He was conceived as a blander Peter Parker, so he doesn't really have much of anything worth exploring.

Doesn't mean a writer couldn't come in later and give him a personality transplant. He's a Wally West in need of a Mark Waid.

>Doesn't mean a writer couldn't come in later and give him a personality transplant. He's a Wally West in need of a Mark Waid.
this.
well, maybe this, had they not given Wally West a Miles Morales makeover...

Spidernig, spidernig, does everything better than spiderman.
Shoots lightin-ing from his stinger hand, its not played out cuz hes a spiderman.
Look out, here comes the new spiderman.

Make him a member of the FGC.

>Or explore the whole "ultimate universe got fucking destroy thing"

That's coming but they've only done minor teases so far

Miles was so disappointed over mvc that he preorderd dragon ball fighterz out of spite

yeah, in five years when Bendis finally gets around to it

give his series to McKeever, Hastings, Loveness or someone who can actually write fun stories

He has an interesting concept.
His whole world, heck, his whole UNIVERSE was destroyed. Everyone he ever loved/knew is dead. And before that his Uncle and Mother died and his father abandoned him. And now he's living on a Earth that is vastly different from his old one with a vastly different history. He wakes up every morning to strangers that look like and behave like his old family and friends (but aren't). Even old friends and heroes from his old universe aren't the same on this Earth. (This Spider-Man and Gwen are different from his) It's literally like an episode of the Twilight Zone (or Rick and Morty). You could do so much with the concept and how it affects Miles.

But no, Miles just acts like he normally does and doesn't care about it. He barely makes reference to it. Because Bendis is the most boring writer on the planet.

>does he have any redeemable factor worth exploring?
hes black

does anyone even remember Secret Wars? His personal history probably got rewritten too

And Hispanic maybe?

Miles remembers Secret Wars and his old Universe. Bendis has said so on his tumblr and make allusions to it. Either A). He just didn't really want to acknowledge it and just wanted to focus on Miles in 616 or B). He isn't very good at writing and planning stories.
Spider-Men 2 is kinda the first time he's made it a really big focus.

>or B). He isn't very good at writing and planning stories.
latter
the last issue literally had a cover and solicit about Miles being arrested, and the whole issue was just him going to Japan (and not getting arrested). the man is not good at planning at all

616 miles is way better than 1610 miles, 616 is all miami vice supervillan and thats fun, 1610 has developed into a straight man character which is awkward thing to be in marvel

Now that is an interesting premise.

Ultimate Peter's death led Miles into his role as Spiderman, which he tries to uphold with integrity and seriousness.

Then his arrival into mainline 616 allows him a better look at THE Peter Parker, a meme-spouting snark lord.

Forced to team up, they're a comedy duo with Miles as the straight man trying to put up with older-but-snarky-teen-at-heart Peter.

But instead nothing interesting ever fucking happens

This is the best idea in this or any other thread.

Doom, Reed and the Future Foundation, Molecule Man, the Maker, Silver Surfer, T'Challa and Miles are the only ones who remember.

>He has an interesting concept.
>His whole world, heck, his whole UNIVERSE was destroyed. Everyone he ever loved/knew is dead. And before that his Uncle and Mother died and his father abandoned him. And now he's living on a Earth that is vastly different from his old one with a vastly different history. He wakes up every morning to strangers that look like and behave like his old family and friends (but aren't). Even old friends and heroes from his old universe aren't the same on this Earth. (This Spider-Man and Gwen are different from his) It's literally like an episode of the Twilight Zone (or Rick and Morty). You could do so much with the concept and how it affects Miles.

>But no, Miles just acts like he normally does and doesn't care about it. He barely makes reference to it. Because Bendis is the most boring writer on the planet.

This sounds familiar

What did happen to power-girl?

She went back to her home planet and gave everything she owned including her superhero identity to a super smart teenage black girl.

So, She just poochie herself.

Make him gay. Gay people of colour are underrepresented.

Actually they are overrepresented in Marvel. Every female character with their own comic features at least 1 non-white LGBT person whether it is a BFF or the BFF's lover. She-Hulk has her asian assistant along with that gay not-Abomination's lover.

I don't think you could make a story about miles being gay without being like the ice man story.

Kill him off and forget that he exists

They need to build things around Miles that are just for Miles. Give him his own rogue's gallery, do some drastic shit. The fact that his mother died, came back, and had the whole "identity revealed to his parents" arc twice now is just Bendis spinning his wheels. Fuck, the most interesting thing going on for him is that Bombshell now is crazy obsessed with him and for some god damn reason, Miles is ignoring her for no explained reason at all!

No....

Isn't she going to be in the next issue?

he's black spiderman
doesn't matter that he's boring, he's black

Eh, just forget he ever existed.

Technically she gave everything to Poochie.

Have someone that isn't Bendis write him.

They should just have him be Pete's sidekick, name him Kid Spider or something.

Also, since Marvel has such a hard on about social justice, I'd love to see an issue where Miles confronts police injustice.

>miles is in wrong place at wrong time
>picked up by cops
>he knows he could take them all out and get away but that would reveal he's got powers
>gets put into a jail cell
>can't escape using powers
>can't call anyone

Make it like a 1 to 2 issue thing and it could be a good story: a black man with superpowers put in a position that strip him of all power.

How do you strip someone from their spider-powers?

I was thinking they should bring back a spider-slayer and challenge miles on his powers.

This. It's the closest they could e we get to making Spider-Man gay. It would satisfy everyone.

They did something similar with rage in Sam Wilson cap’s book.

Except rage got pinched in costume when there was video evidence of him getting knocked out stopping supercrooks.

The Anericops story had potential but it feels kind of wasted now.

No make Ben or kanie gay.

Give him a new identity. We don't need two Spider-Men swinging around.

>Everyone he ever loved/knew is dead.
But his entire family and cast of friends migrated with him. Both his parents are alive now.

nothing at all
he will always be known as peters shitty replacement for muh diversity
just kill him off and make a original black protag

Miles could be good if he went to his own universe and did his own thing and if Bendies dies

>people of colour
Stop.

Give him his own team and his own Rouges

Put him in with a bunch of misfit characters and new people who wouldn't survive in other books

>Miles leading the misfits.
>Toad is a pathetic janitor.
>Frog-Man is a man child living with his father and masturbates to anime
>Steel Spider now has sever PTSD after Civil War that got in the way of his studies. So now he's a one armed look working at a fast food joint.

>does he have any redeemable factor worth exploring?
He's black, isn't that enough?

I thought this was a joke. I guess every character is going to be blacked sooner or later.

Unlike Miles, Power Girl had years to adapt to her new universe, and made a new family there (The JSA) to keep herself anchored. I’m not including the New 52 version of PG because she went back home.

It’s only a matter of time before the real PG returns and the black copy either dies or takes a new name.

I kind of liked his original angle, of being someone who was taking on the mantle of a legend and having to live up to it. I mean after his death, Ultimate Peter was basically canonised as a Saint by the people at large. Essentially, Miles was stepping into the shoes of someone as beloved as Superman, and having to live up to those lofty ideals, all the while learning how to use his new powers. Now stepping into the shoes of greater men isn't exactly a new story, or even a new one in comics, but it has great potential in it. I also liked how his approach wasn't "NO-ONE MUST KNOW MY SECRET". Sure, he has a secret identity, but there are a fair few people he shares it with pretty early on, and it gives him more of a different feel than the early Peter stories where he's going lone wolf.

As already mentioned in the thread, there's also the oddly unused potential for stories in the fact that his universe and everyone he knew and loved are dead. I'd wonder why they aren't mining the shit out of that, but then I remember that comics Marvel have absolutely no fucking clue what to do with a gift horse once they're given one.

I genuinely and unironically sort of like Miles. Or at least I don't hate him. I know he's far from the greatest legacy character, and he hasn't had world class stories written about him, but at the same time, he's FAR from the worst character ever created. People react strongly to him, because comic book fans are autists who don't like change. Even change that is clearly going to be reversed (see the reaction to Otto becoming Spider-Man, even though the entire fucking series was basically screaming at you that he was going to fuck up, and Peter was going to return) and because it's not enough that he's a legacy character, but he's also black. Well, half black, half hispanic, but you get what I mean, and that creates a perfect shitstorm from fans who hate change and see PC in everything. Not that it's not there sometimes

Quick, Send that to marvel. I will totally will read that.

Spider-man & the misfits

He's Black

No they aren't. The sassy black gay person is a pretty well worn character archetype.

>Frog-Man has a hate boner for Miles, but not because he's the new Spider-Man, but because he sees him as a competition for being Peter's bestest buddy.

hes bland and boring, hes not irredeemable he just needs an interesting story.

I hate this idea because it could keep Frog-Man from showing up as Spider-Man's occasional "sidekick". Also if said book fell into bendis' fat hands you know he'd somehow ruin the character.

>Miles was stepping into the shoes of someone as beloved as Superman, and having to live up to those lofty ideals, all the while learning how to use his new powers.
Miles may have made the initial decision to continue the Spider-Man legacy at first, But it was Peter’s cast that thrust everything else onto him, as if they were thirsty for the story to continue, and willing to accept any random person that came along and quickly fill in for Peter. EVERYONE was there to suck his dick and validate his existence. It was like it was Miles’ destiny. He was the chosen one. SHIELD gave him a new suit, and he was still 13 years old at the time. And yet even with all this, he still chose to quit being Spider-Man for a year.

The problem with Miles is that he never faced any real struggles. His uncle and Mom died, but then they got retconned back. His dad is SHIELD, and his girlfriend was Hydra. These are not struggles.

>fans who hate change and see PC in everything.
Miles was created because Bendis wanted a black Spider-Man. You can trace his desire to do this back to when buzz existed that Donald Glover could be the next Spidey. It was at that point that Bendis’ black fetish kicked into overdrive. And then he created Riri, which repeated everything he did with Miles, but dialed up to 11.

Miles once expressed distaste for the emphasis on his skin color. He doesn’t want to be “Black Spider-Man”, but he wears a black suit and calls himself Spider-Man. He has no characteristics that separate him from Peter, aside from his color. That’s the facts.

Fuck off

Frog-Man hardly shows up as is, if anything it would cause him to show up more in crossovers. Also, I was assuming it'd be it's own book away from Bendis.

He was more unique and interesting when he had his own universe where he was Spider-Man

Now he's that 14th or 15 spider roaming around somewhere...And he is less interesting than most of the other spider people in 616 which boils his character down to "the black guy" which is not enough to keep readers

They should bring back old x-men/avenger people that was written off.

i second this, itll make him interesting if marvel doesn't push this through they're sexist and racist.

He should be a villain that wants to be spiderman in place of Peter

Another evil spider-man? That sounds so cliche.

yo, werd lyfe I told my CTF comicbook homie this needed to be a thing like 12 - 15 years ago and he was like naaaaah.
WE COULDA BEEN TOP 8 @ EVO N SHIT, DAWG.

>Twilight Zone(or Rick and Morty)

Eugh

let literally anyone else write him

Let him be the young, adolescent version of Spider-Man so Peter can be an adult finally.

I want Peter in his twenties to thirties, either in college, or preferably, married to Mary Jane with a toddler.

This. Peter's story has been spinning in circles for decades now. We have Miles, he's not COMPLETELY terrible, so use him. Have him be that teenage Spidey, and let Peter move on. The magic of the early Lee/Ditko stuff was that it felt like you were following the story of Peters life. Even when there were contradictory moments, it felt like a continuous narrative. Nowadays they feel more like stories starring the characters instead of the story of the characters if that makes sense.

And then undone it over a year ago

Fucking this. 616 Spider-Man went to shit when people like Brevoort thought the main point of Spider-Man was his youth.

wait... Doom knows?

did you not read his story plot?
he's arrested as Miles. Can't fight back or escape without revealing his secret identity.
i like the idea.

post the tweet about his kid saying now he can be Spiderman too

>stories starring the characters instead of the story of the characters if that makes sense

it does and it perfectly sums up the problems of the marvel comics currently.
they want it so anybody can pick up any issue and have it be completely understandable no problem but then they have a "WORLD CHANGING EVENT NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME" 8 issue series that gets delayed and the ending changed 3 times so other comics make no sense and dont match up at all.

>see the reaction to Otto becoming Spider-Man, even though the entire fucking series was basically screaming at you that he was going to fuck up, and Peter was going to return
After a whole fucking year of double shipping.
People were also upset for other stuff during that run.