Sup Forums can you redpill me on this comic...

Sup Forums can you redpill me on this comic? I had a weird vibe to buy this from the shop and I am not a comic guy and I never buy comics, the feeling almost felt like something from /x/. I eventually bought it and just the visuals had impact on me a lot. but I was afraid it was some kind of feminist shit or SJW type of story and the money went to the trash completely, what eventually makes me feel it was worth the money was the detail in the visuals that spoke to me almost like subliminal messages some how. I am also a fan for TLA and LOK so the Western and Eastern mix is of interest of me.
The story feels like a mix of japanese folklore, The Darkness (video game) and high level intellect cats.

The stories alright,the worlds pretty cool,the art is beautiful,fucking gorgeous.

>The story feels like a mix of japanese folklore, The Darkness (video game) and high level intellect cats.

Its got that, yeah.

Its also pretty brutal at parts and doesnt pull its punches, I hope you like gore, basically what said

It's like Berserk, but everyone's pretty.

This is a good comic to read and jerk off to at the same time

So the feminism, is it pushing it or criticising it? I only read the first chapter and felt like it was criticising it as flawed as patriarchy making the point that none are correct and what it should be done is to work together instead.
And the occult symbolism is insane as well.

>jerking off
Literally letting the monster inside control you lol. But yea they are pretty yes.

What kind of race she is? She looks Egyptian or something and definitely the Korra vibe without the dumb ideology of Korra.

user, stop trying to see things only through a lens of political ideology. It's going to (and already is) fucking up your brain.

Yeah I didnt want to risk shitting up a thread about a good comic but you gotta quit it with the meme phrases too, they're destroying you slowly

>So the feminism, is it pushing it or criticising it

Both.

But have to wonder somehow since how strong it looks for me at least until now the Egyptian symbolism.

Yea that is what I felt like it was. It's like feminism the right way somehow? Well we shouldn't discuss it here either just expressing what I felt like it was.

Jesus Christ dude get off the internet once in a while.

Why? She pretty like this what the hell?

It's good if you're interested in the story it's telling I guess. Takeda takes some shortcuts on the art, gorgeous as it is, and the story is both a little slow and a little indulgent in the way epic fantasy can typically be. If you like epic fantasy that is going to be no fucking problem for you cause this is a good one.

I love the gods and the inner demon of the main character and primarily, in each issue, that's what I'm there for. It also does a good job of characterizing even very minor characters to give them some personality but, at the same time, I do find the antagonists in it a bit weak and not too compelling. The god art is truly fucking incredible when you see them towering in manifold lines, actually astonishing on the page. Conversely I find when it goes for gore it's... not that great? It's like not as shocking visually as the story wants you to find it. And it's edgy, we've got cannibalistic murder and physical, emotional and sexual abuse of children in the first issue - but the burned body you also see in that issue is maybe the lamest burned body I've ever seen in a comic.

The worldbuilding is YMMV. It's not trying to be fully naturalistic in its worldbuilding, you get some but not all of it in the actual story but there's a lot of expository asides and little notes to fill you in on the rest. Those are less plot important but not completely unimportant, and that isn't my preferred way of getting worldbuilding info but it's workable.

tl;dr I think it's a solid comic and if it fits in your wheelhouse you'll probably think it's a truly great one.

Thanks user this made me feel relieved about my choice of buying it.

I'll second the calls to fix your brain as well m8. Try to be the determinator of your own taste.

Anything that's more progressive than Wahhabism looks like feminism to me. Just the idea of women getting out of the house and getting jobs was feminist at some point.

>I want to enjoy something, but I'm afraid it's infected by was jay du ya cooties and ((((they)))) will use it to mind-Cuck me!
>is it safe, internet friends? Am I allowed to enjoy this thing?

stop being a triggered pussy

You hear they're gonna let women drive?

>So the feminism, is it pushing it or criticising it?
it doesn't address it all. Just sets up the world and goes with it. No SJW or anything just a different world.
I like the world building. It does a simple trick, instead of the classic european culture influenced by asian it uses asian as the base and takes heavy influence from europe, I see mostly Roman type of influence over it. It's a simple reversal but it's enough to make the world seem fresh and new.

It's pure show, after all women in Saudi Arabia need to have a male guardian by law, they cannot almost anything without their permission. So women can drive but they are still slaves to men, and the hijab laws are still there, the slave workers are still there, as is their support of Al-Qaeda and their murderous war in Yemen.

some of the gore isn't all that shocking, but I honestly don't think it's supposed to be as shocking. They want the horror of the gods to be the main thing you are worried about and too much gore would get in the way of that.

Honestly, I found the god-island stuff the best stuff. The people trapped in trees and pleading to be released or killed really got to me.

>asking opinions from others is now wrong
Something I don't understand is why people think this and then I am the one who needs to check my brain damage?

>Gaiman praises it
>OP asks about political shilling

ehh. do you even comics?

>I am not a comic guy and I never buy comics
Does user even read OPs?

Gaiman is probably a sjw cuck by the Sup Forums standards.

>redpill
>SJW
Neck yourself my dood.

no :(

You are forgiven.

Much obliged

The art is impeccable but the story is "my brooding OC with a darkness hidden inside her, and she has amnesia". (read: it's stupid shit that a 15 year old would write)

why this looks better than anything from the big two right now?

>Redpill

Go fuck yourself.

What if OP is colourblind? Isn't that a bit harsh for OP?

>Nobody mentions how almost all of the male characters seen are Giant douches or slaves.

Exactly what I felt, but even in a 15 year old fanfiction you can read between the lines specially with the detailed visuals. So its like the simplicity of the writing would guide you to what you should be paying attention to in the visuals and the real story is on the visuals and not on the writing. There are comics that don't have a single word on it and the drawings speak for themselves right?

The visuals do the heavy work but the dialoge is very important. The politics is coming to the front lately and you need the dialog now

I don't even know what's this comic about. I only know that the writer did some X-23 run.

You already have a set opinion on it, you just wanna run it by a couple shitposters on Sup Forums so you can justify a thinly veiled bait thread. Either read it or don't. You're a fucking adult, think for yourself

Well pic related is an example of my point because the decor is gorgeous, the gun is complex, hair isn't done much better than that, the girl looks tough - but the soldier on fire kind of diminishes from the whole thing. She looks like she just stubbed her toe and there's no damage to her clothing or her flesh.

But I get your point too, and Iremember when you storytimed the issue you're talking about with the trees. We should all pursue experiences that make us *feel* like that.