Khary Payton left SU after racist attitudes

According to a Teen Titans Go podcast, when discussing the TTG movie, Payton revealed he was offered the role of Jamie the Mailman and even recorded a few lines.

Ultimately, Payton couldn't deal with the racism on SU from the cast and crew and left, embittered. Luckily, around that time, he was offered to reprise his role as Cyborg and has been happy ever since.

SU truly is redpilled then

SU is truly racist you mean.

Wtf, I love SU now.

Citation needed.

Jeez that sucks. This guy's a classic VA, I'm sure he wouldn't cry wolf for nothing but it's annoying how vague it is. Idk I'm not a supporter of trying to find people who I think are rascists to get them fired but if they're making it a shitty place to work for other people that's just bad

Seems hypocritical of whoever it was on the SU staff considering how progressive they see themselves as being, too

>I'm sure he wouldn't cry wolf for nothing but it's annoying how vague it is

He probably got offended when his lines had gangster lingo

>no citation
>no source
>not even the name of the podcast
user, how retarded are you?

There is no source and when trying to look it up on Google you get nothing. OP is fucking with you m8.

>most SJWed show in existence
>"das raycis!"
The left will never stop eating itself. Everybody's competing to be the biggest victim and no matter how you bend over backwards someone will accuse you of being 'problematic' for something.

>racism on SU
I'm no fan of the show, but I gotta ask now, what happened? I thought the SU crew came straight out of tumblr.

This could not be more fucking vague. This is bait, right?

Sadly this isn't too surprising. These kinds of self-purported progressive idealists always sing the praises of an idyllic token character but never know how to treat these people irl just cause they're minorities.

Are y'all stupid?

You do realize most the cast and crew are black and Asian, right?
And that nobly can find any proof on OP's statement?

>I thought the SU crew came straight out of tumblr.
I may be hard to believe, but tumblr is now more racist that Sup Forums.

But he's okay playing cyborg who's a walking stereotype?

Something don't sound right.

I've always gotten the impression that this VA is just a regular guy, this isn't like Joss Whedon philandering around behind his wife's back while being a self-purported """feminist"""

Rebecca "Kaptain Kaffir Krusher" Sugar

It's always been more racist than Sup Forums.
They just use a mask of progressiveness.

Cyborg is more progressive than any of the characters on SU.

You do realize black and asian people can be rascist too, right?

Besides, I haven't picked up my pitchfork or anything, I'm just engaging in discussion. I would never try to get anyone fired without significant substantiation for the claims brought against them.

Okay, so we're not allowed to even discuss it? None of us are lobbying to have them fired with no evidence...

>You do realize black and asian people can be rascist too, right?
You're original stated they wouldn't know to treat minorities irl.
Yet, most of the cast and crew is made up of minorities.
So you're saying the crew wouldn't know how to treat themselves?

>TTG podcast

Cyborg is an unapologetically black character, which is a great thing. What, should he act like a white guy? Would that be better?

It's a bait thread you moron.
There's nothing to discuss because OP is full of shit.
Comics and cartoons-what's that? Let's discuss behind the scene politics.

Because we both know that Sup Forums doesn't want to discuss "facts" and just wants to believe in things that suit them.

Most of Sup Forums dislikes SU so they'll push the idea that SU is racist not through discussion or fact but simply because they want it so.

>What, should he act like a white guy?
How do white guys act?

If it's a straight up lie (which it is) then there's nothing to discuss.

So you're saying there's white people.. then there's "minorities" lol

Asians don't automatically know how to treat black people or are less prone to having racial prejudice, same goes for every race. Black people can assumedly treat other black people fine, but there's rascism amongst blacks for example one of my friends would always get shit on in school by other black kids for listening to metal music instead of rap

>actually 'acting white' is a thing

This. The fuck is even the implicatino here?

...I can't even figure what's going on here.
Is this your first day on the internet?

>Comics and cartoons-what's that? Let's discuss behind the scene politics.

Welcome to Nu/co/, enjoy your stay.

How Robin or Beast Boy act, just as an example. Not all white people act that way obviously, but i mean as opposed to acting how Cyborg does. It's part of a culture, a people. They don't act black. Cyborg does act black, which i think was cool that they included that since it isn't that common in cartoons and stuff and he's a good character

Apparently, if you don't act like a Chris Rock character, you're not a real black person I guess.

>Alt righty automatically believes everything negative about his opposition, even without evidence.
Really...................makes................you................think.........huh?

>Not understanding even the basics of what happened
I'm guessing you're not the type to understand Dave Chappelle or thinks very deeply about things.

What you just said was racist as fuck.

Yeah people still think that all black people act 100% the same. It's stupid because since I've started working, I've met a lot of black guys who didn't talk "black" and I met an old black dude who was super into Metallica. There's actually a lot of diversity in blacks, but you never see it in media.

But that's 90% of Cyborg's dialogue

Beast Boy isn't white, he's green.

Man Sup Forums sucks now.

These. Can I get a fucking source or is this just typical alt-right falseflagging?

First based God(dess) Zuke.
And now Payton.

SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

by. saying. the. whole. word. when. speaking. just. like. this.

Did Setsuna from Fire Emblem make this post?

Zuke is kind of gross though.

This is how I know you've never watched Fresh Prince.
You'd know how stupid the whole "acting white/black" schtick is.

>You do realize most the cast and crew are Uncle Toms and Asian, right?
FTFY.

Fuck off you don't know me, i was referring to how the character was written in the show, you rarely see characters like Cyborg with behavior like actual black people, he's a good example of a well written character

My friend since middle school always got bullied by other black kids for 'not acting black' so don't act like black people don't behave any differently than white people

I'm seriously pissed off at you sanctimoneous fuckers... do you think you're standing up for someone?? I treat people based on their actions not superficial bullshit

>Zuke
>God(dess)

Go back to spamming Lapidot fan art on Reddit.

>the type to understand Dave Chappelle

If anyone understands that weird idiot they're pretty much fucked in the head.

>cyborg who's a walking stereotype?
Funny. I always thought Vic had lost both legs.

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke or not.
I'm pretty sure people believe the Crewniverse has actual Uncle Toms.

Go lecture actual rascists if that's what gives you your fucking jollies instead of picking apart every word I say you dumbass

>Fuck off you don't know me, i was referring to how the character was written in the show, you rarely see characters like Cyborg with behavior like actual black people, he's a good example of a well written character
You see characters like Cyborg ALL the fucking time. You rarely see the exact opposite, if anything. Every other black guy I see in media is practically a walking stereotype.

>My friend since middle school always got bullied by other black kids for 'not acting black' so don't act like black people don't behave any differently than white people
Yeah, black people can be stupid too. Not what I was arguing.

>I'm seriously pissed off at you sanctimoneous fuckers... do you think you're standing up for someone?? I treat people based on their actions not superficial bullshit
Maybe don't say something kinda racist on a site known for being incredibly racist towards blacks?

>My friend since middle school always got bullied by other black kids for 'not acting black' so don't act like black people don't behave any differently than white people

I always see this shit on forums usually from "certain types" and it always makes me roll my fucking eyes.Newsflash , fuck face you weren't bullied for not being "Black enough" you were bullied because you're a fucking pussy! Period.

>you rarely see characters like Cyborg with behavior like actual black people
I'm starting to think you've never been around actual black people if you honestly think TTG Cyborg is a good example of how black people act.

>Maybe don't say something kinda racist on a site known for being incredibly racist towards blacks?
Don't forget Jews, Asians and Mexicans.

Facts don't matter in the Meme Age. When you stop thinking the world is based on logic and reason, things will suddenly make much more sense.

Nowadays? Like testosterone-deficient betas.

He certainly seems to be having a ball playing TTG-style Cyborg

>you rarely see characters like Cyborg with behavior like actual black people
So, Bismuth is a non-rare example of black people portrayed in media? Apeing out and acting like killer war machines in the cold hard streets? Sweet, dude.

Oh so my crime was being in the company of rascists? Even if I was a rascist, fuck what you think of me. Get your sanctimoneous holier-than-thou, moral authoritarian ass the fuck off Sup Forums

That's necessarily restricted to just whites you know.
I've seen plenty of black and Asian "buzzfeed" type of guys.

doesn't matter anyway since not all Black people act or think the same, since they're not a fucking hive mind. I mean i grew up around a lot of trailer park, meth lab White trash. Should i now assume that's how all White people act?

None of them count. Diversity just means blacks and lesbians.

Uhh i've never seen more than one episode of TTG, I'm only talking about the original series. And i live in Houston TX there are a ton of black people here

You don't know me bitch

Aren't you the one who was saying "#YesAllBlacks"?

Any time a black person breaks off the hivemind, they get called an uncle tom.

>You don't know me bitch
Oh shit, we've got a badass over here!

no

Lapidot is the best thing to happen to Steven Universe.

Honestly this. TTG wouldn't be half as obnoxious without Cyborg's lines, holy shit.

>And i live in Houston TX there are a ton of black people here
>I know black people, totally not a racist!

1. Source?
2. How were they racist?
3. Did he go into detail?

Of course. I was just noting this site was racist as fuck against blacks because the discussion is about blacks. This site hates pretty much everyone who's non-white.

>he thinks I actually have to listen to him

I'd still fuck her unkempt unshaven messy pussy.

That's usually what "uncle tom's" say whenever they get called out for being "uncle tom's" i notice.

Hey man, you'll never be White no matter how hard you try. Get over it also cry me a fucking river, world's smallest violin etc etc

God I wish SU never existed you fans are the fucking worst people. This is one of the least rascist threads on Sup Forums, people are trying to have discsussion and empathize with Cyborg's VA if this were a true scenario, noone's rioting even if it were bullshit, and you can't do anything other than trying to jump up people's asses for the slightest syntax error

I'm embarrassed to admit that it took me a moment.

>God I wish SU never existed you fans are the fucking worst people.
What the fuck are talking about?
There are no SU fans here.

Okay so you're actively just going to dismiss me and rejoice in the fact that you've misunderstood someone. You were the one calling me a rascist. I really really really don't appreciate that shit

>There are no SU fans here
Speak for your fucking self.

I am neither black nor white, dingus. Sorry SJW doctrine doesn't enthrall me in the least.

Oh, wait. I'm NOT sorry.

1. TTG podcast
2. The cast and crew were making watermelon and Kool Aid jokes non stop
3. He went on to say that Jamie was different from the original storyboard; currently, Jamie is vaguely Mexican but he was originally stereotypically black.

>neither black not white
Aren't you supposed to be dead Elliot Rodger?

I don't give a shit about SJWs or whatever. I just call out faggots like you on their bullshit.

Again, the fuck did you expect?

>hurr, I'm really glad Cyborg was actually 'black' instead of acting white like most black cartoon characters

The implication there was racist to begin with. Even if you aren't racist, it was still a pretty racist thing to say.

Find me one person who's even talking about SU in this thread.
Go ahead, I'll wait.

Might as well ask in this bait thread:

Am I going crazy, or has Sup Forums MASSIVELY gotten worse in the past few weeks?

It's like every thread is bait. Or within the first 5 posts of an OP, there's the most obvious bait in the world, and yet it'll get 10 replies guaranteed. I've always known Sup Forums to be easy to troll, but it's just getting ridiculous now.

That one Zukefag.

>Am I going crazy, or has Sup Forums MASSIVELY gotten worse in the past few weeks?

This is what happens when Sup Forums and Sup Forums infect your board. Welcome to Nu-Sup Forums.

Nothing I said was bullshit. America is literally the Weimar Republic now. You're either Sup Forums or antifa.

God saves us all, it's like a nationwide contest to see who can be the most insane.

Can you please stop being obtuse and just post a source? Where's the podcast? We need a link.

>the past few weeks
Try years.

>God I wish SU never existed you fans are the fucking worst people
Nah, ain't any worse then the My Little Pony fandom. Fucking toxic as Hell fucktards.

See: Digibrony.

Saying "it's from a podcast" without giving a liking isn't a source.

Further more Googling TTG Podcast and Khary Payton gets you shit. Most I found was a interview back in 2015 and it's just him talking about TTGo!.

Everyone and anyone unironically humoring OP is literally retarted.

>Nothing I said was bullshit. America is literally the Weimar Republic now. You're either Sup Forums or antifa.
On the internet, maybe. Most people IRL aren't nearly as extremist as either, it's just that the extremists are way louder and more visible on the internet, because normies are too busy doing normalfag things like not arguing politics over the internet with strangers on a Mongolian message board for moving pictures.