Is Red vs. Blue honorary Sup Forums?

is Red vs. Blue honorary Sup Forums?

if so, who is the best boy and why is it Lavernius Tucker?

It's got a compelling story up until they leave Chorus, and even when the animation budget was low what cgi segments they had were pretty impressive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1Poc9aSYk
youtu.be/44oJi5w2Wjc?t=2m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck blue
Red forever

>my red nigga

I always liked Church, most relatable character. I mean I'm also a self-hating asshole who hates change yet also the status quo.

I never watched this stuff. What is it exactly? Is it like a Halo LP with a story?

It's Machinima, it predates LP

it's generally accepted here yeah

The series isn't what it once was though, it's a bit sad.

It's basically tankman.

it takes the piss out of Halo without trying to, just a bunch of idiots who were forced to become heroes.

In the first season they make a few references to Master Chief, but other than than it mostly stand alone up until Season V, which is when I stoppe dwatching because that's when they said it was supposed to fucking end.

Then they found out they were a one hit wonder like Trailer Park Boys and brought it back from the dead, can't say if it involved Halo canon more after that point.

I can't decide if I have more respect of scorn for the milking of a cashcow. On the one hand, it's weak as fuck. On the other hand, it doesn't make the original stuff any less good, there's a strength that comes with admitting "hey this is the only memorable thing we'll ever do and most people don't even get that so let's ride this into the ground until the wheels fall off."

Red Team >>>>>>>>>>>> Blue Team

Everything about Blue Team, Church and the AIs is shit and really terrible melodramatic garbage. Caboose is overrated and gets more annoying as the show goes on. Tucker is little more than a catchphrase. Agent Washington was okay if we count him as a member.

Whatever happened to Tex? Did they just kill her off or something?

Killed off by Agent Washington with an EMP charge along with all the other AIs (except Epsilon/Church).

wasn't Tex an AI created from the director's memories of his dead wife, and that was the whole reason he started project Freelancer?

Blood Gulch Chronicles > Whatever the fuck you would call 6-8 > Chorus Trilogy > Season 15 > Freelancer Saga

Real disappointed with how the latest season turned out, though.

when is the new season starting?

Probably around spring of 2018? Season 15 finished up only a little while ago.

Dead wife or dead daughter, I don't remember. I hated the Project Freelancer stuff. It was really cheesy and dumb.

shotgun!

can someone sum up what happened since o'malley was a thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1Poc9aSYk

Watch seasons 1-5 on Youtube or Netflix. It's a great show about two opposing armies stuck in a boxed canyon, but that spend more time fighting and bickering among themselves. The humor in the first five seasons is great. Unfortunately it tries to become much more serious and action-focused after season 5 ends.

Personally, I think 6-8 are still very good. 9-10 the quality drops off a cliff when the RWBY guy starts directing, and makes a solid recovery from 11-13.

Season 14 doesn't really count as anything other than a bunch of weird experimental content, and season 15 unfortunately just wasn't good. The director who saved things after Oum left, and now we've got this new guy who, while having a good premise for the season, just kind of fucked it up.

So RvB has directly mentions the UNSC and other Halo stuff, but Rooster Teeth has RvB on Netflix and sells RvB merchandise. How can they do this? What relationship did Rooster Teeth have with Bungie and currently have with 343 that allows them to legally sell stuff that uses 90% of another company's products?

I fucking loved the show but this has always bugged me.

I think they're on very good terms with Microsoft. Since very early on, RvB's done promotional stuff for them, and Rooster Teeth has only gotten bigger since then. Achievement Hunter is a direct reference to Xbox. Plus now they've got a whole gaming convention. They're probably sitting pretty in terms of PR.

Hell, have you seen some of the cinematics in 343's Halo?

youtu.be/44oJi5w2Wjc?t=2m

Tell me this doesn't uncomfortably remind you of Freelancer era RvB.

They've had a long standing arrangement with microsoft/Bungie/343 since the very beginning.
I'm not sure if they pay royalties or if 343/microsoft basically just see it as free advertising.

oh fuq u right

In summary.

Blood Gulch Chronicles happens. The teams are moved to new bases. The ship didn't explode, ended up crashing in Valhalla. O'Malley goes on a killing spree but something grabs him. It goes around slaughtering Freelancer agents and stealing equipment. A Freelancer called Washington enlists the reds and blues to help him stop it. They end up shutting down Freelancer when it turns it its gone full batshit crazy, and was responsible for everything in Blood Gulch Chronicles. 90% of it was actually just bullshit simulations on terrible performance "simulation troopers". The UNSC shuts Freelancer down and rewards the Reds and Blues, who have made an uneasy truce with new bases. A while later the weakened Meta and a freed Washington, are employed by the Chairman to seek out Epsilon, who is the memory fragment of Church who was destroyed by an EMP in the takedown of Freelancer. Oh yeah, Church was actually an artificial intelligent unit. A smart one, not like Omega and Gamma, who were mere constituents of him. Tex is brought back in a new body, as she, like Church, was an AI. She beats the shit out of the reds and blues and hunts the Meta and Wash down. They turn up and save the day and finally kill the Meta before forgiving Wash, who joins them as an honorary blue. Epsilon, the new version of Church essentially, goes into the memory unit that Wash was after to try and reconcile with Tex. Season 9 is going through a Blood Gulch memory, and flashbacks to Project Freelancer. Season 10 involves a crazy former Freelancer called Carolina enlisting the reds and blues to help her kill the Director of Project Freelancer, the mind on which Church was based. The whole Freelancer thing is finally ended with the director, who built Tex, Church and Freelancer to essentially bring back his deceased wife, committing suicide. Season 11-13 involves the reds and blues trapped on a planet in the middle of a civil war fighting mercenaries, and the latest one is crap.

Ugh...

To me, the show ended at Season 5 when it's all revealed to be a big Halo MP match that got out of hand.

Seasons 6 to 8 are actually pretty stellar. The seriousness is played to contrast with the comedy really well, and it just highlights how absurd the reds and blues are. Everything from 9 onwards has been pretty mediocre, though I liked some of 11 which has them essentially in the Blood Gulch scenario of two sides of a canyon shitposting each other. The show isn't as horrifically convoluted or stupid as my post makes it out to be. It develops it a lot more than that, it's just rather over the top and silly.

I'd recommend watching at least Reconstruction (season 6). There's nothing like dramedy.

There are parts of season 8 that honor the legacy of 1-5. But yeah, I stopped at 10, have no interest in watching any more than that

Yep. Original Tex and Church from 1-5 are both dead at this point. Church only has a remnant of himself

FUCK everything about the Freelancer arc.

Season 9 was nearly impossible for me to get through. I know you can't say anything bad about Monty Oum now, since he passed away, but he just did not fit RvB.

I liked Season 10.
Season 9 not so much.

Season 10 was a lot better, mainly because it also featured the Reds and Blues way more.

9 felt like it had a bunch of fanfiction OCs running things.

Project Freelancer was great. Action scenes were top notch stuff.
Rest in peace to the guy that animated all of it.

It paved the way for Funhaus, Cowchop and getting Geoff sober.

So yeah it's whatever you want it to be.

Woo-hoo! Yeah! Go Grey Team!!

Better dead than red.

The worst part about the Freelancer arc is that it is really apparent that while it was written no one went back and rewatched the Blood Gulch Chronicles to hear what had been and had not been said about what happened in the Project. It just doesn't fit. Thankfully Seasons 11-13 saved RvB and gave it the perfect ending.

So to answer the original question of the thread.
Yes. RvB is definitly Sup Forums material although threads are also allowed on Sup Forums every so often unless a mod is being a salty cunt.

!3 really was the perfect ending to the series.
Possibly with the addition of most episode 5 of season 15 if you don't like open endings.