Who was in the wrong here?

The writers.

>sex hair kuvira
HNNNG

Korrasami

Korra. The Answer is always Korra.

>Implying Kuvira would ever racemix with that snow savage

Suyin. Does ANYBODY even like her?

Hottest woman on the show and they save it for the very last episode.

(((Suyin)))

The writers, apparently.

Bryke

Never watched the finale. Didn't they throw down at the start of the season. What took them so long to take her down?

This

Shoving in some last minute backstory details that were never alluded to previously after she's already been defeated in a pathetic attempt to make the audience sympathize with her isn't how good writing works.

Nothing in Korra was how good writing works.

Korra. How do you even need to ask this, OP?
Kuvira was literally the hero last season.

They brought in a firenation navy to unlawfully attack the military of the legitimate government of the earth kingdom, and conducted acts of terrorism to capture Kuvira and force her to abdicate and through the once untied earth provinces into chaos once more. Korra destroyed a peace that took countless lives to build and celebrated by escaping into the spirit world to eat out Mako's roastie ex-girlfriend

I lust after Korra. But I love Kuvira.

>Kuvira: I need to unite the country, it's fallen into complete chaos
>Suyin: Lol let 'em sort it out while we stay in our utopic city amirite
>Kuvira: No I have a duty to my country
>Suyin: ASDFGHJKL I DISOWN U
Fuck Suyin.

Restoring order to a continent run by warlords and trying to incorporate profiteering enclaves is fascism

>Korra:
- yelled at people trying to help her, including Katara
- decided to simply go away and make everyone worried
- ignored for six months the situations of the nation she was in
- didn't even read a newspaper, people needed to find and tell her what was happening
- decided that Kuvira had to be stopped because her friends told her Kuvira had to be stopped
- Literally couldn't answer the first argument that Kuvira made when they finally were face to face
- her """diplomacy""" was literally 'you do what i say, or else'
- wins because the writers made Kuvira a mindless retarded in the end of the show.
- fucks off to a vacation, leaving the Earth nation in chaos again

>Kuvira:
- decided to help the nation in chaos and was basically disowned because of it
- received the mission of stabilizing the Earth nation-- which involves avoiding dissolve it's unity
- works for 3 years to gather enough military force, finally does it
- they are angry at her for DOING EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANTED
- they want to give power to That guy
- she rightfully refuses
- decided to take back the finaly piece of land that was stolen by avatar Aang himself
- fails because the writers made her a mindless retarded in the end.

all that hard work and they try reward her with just a medal.

Female Stalin.

(((Republic City))), rampant with the spirits and vines that Korra unleashed will profit off wars between the nations until the end of time thanks to Korra. It could have ended bloodlessly with Kuvira occupying the city but now the series ends on the silence before the storm.

another korra hate thread wow

She's a scumbag and you know it

Came to post this.

>She's a scumbag and you know it
All of Sup Forums and the internet knows it. Nothing else can come about from these threads except it being a hugbox of hate leveled at one character instead of the whole show overseen by two idiots who don't even understand the cultures and philosophies they claim to respect.

And people keep bumping the thread too.

>All of Sup Forums and the internet knows it
only Sup Forums you retards are the only ones bitching and you know it

Post more Iron Waifu.

This is why season 4 was bad.

She'll just schlick like crazy around the mansion as Korra sees to her work release program.

She's was a wonderful person and would have made a great leader to the Earth people who had for so long suffered at the hands of bandits and money-grubbing despots in Ba Sing Se and (((Republic City))). Her dream wasn't realize thanks to that cunt Korra.. I wish she had died. How many people that the Great United liberated now have to suffer again thanks to that fucking whore.

The dyke

which one?

>stabilized the nation

we're told flat out that after Kuvira liberates a region, her army withdraws and they stop supporting the area. People starve, and Bollin and Varrick escape from at least one of several detention camps where prisoners are treated like shit. Kuvira absolutely fucked up the Earth Kingdom.

That said, Korra still fucked up the entire world by filling it up with spirits.

Honestly that whole bit sounded like it was added in last minute cause someone went "guys we need to make her actually do something bad, make her do camps and shit."

But really the choice is her, warlords who would be as bad or some little fag saying lol they should have democracy work it out peasants know what voting is right?

>her army withdraws and they stop supporting the area. People starve
This is just bad governance or limited resources. If they had said that people starved because their food and resources got looted then she would've been a bad guy.

>detention camps
Humanitarian prisonsystems are a feature of modern western societies with a superfluous of resources. If detainees had it better than the people on the outside it would be a case of rewarding criminal behaviour.

Again, Kuveras rule is merely shown as being imperfect and having democratic deficiencies. She would've been the bad guy if the alternative was utopia. But the option to Kuvera was said to be complete chaos. That's why the entire thing about her being evil feels so fucking dumb.

Yes.

I thought the same thing. Kuvira had a lot of popular support.

The Earth Kingdom is analogous to China (Fire nation is Japanese imperialists). Republic City is Hong Kong. Suyin is Chiang Kai Shek. Kuvira is Mao. She should not have taken Republic City by force, but should have negotiated for reunification like the Chinese did for HK.

>was said to be complete chaos.
It is more accurate to say 4,5,6etc Kuveras would spring up and fight till one gained a similar position of power. A ruler like her was an inevitability in the current circumstance

Too bad there isn't some god like figure who commands respect that could help settle disputes in a peaceful manner

If that's what they went for they didn't spend much time on reading about China. If anything Kuvera would be Chiang Kai Shek, who was no saint. In fact if it wasn't because anyone will look good compared to Mao Chiang would've been remembered as a butcher.

Clearly Kuvira for denying her true feelings.

>previously an acrobat performer
her sex game must be insane

best girl deserved better

Would Korravera have caught on as much as Korrasami did?

Fpbp.

Nah. Asami deserved better, wich by that means no one from the actual shitshow.

I can't speak for other people, but I can buy that these two would have ravaged each other.

Poor bataar Jr how could his family ever compete. She had that pssy wrapped around him so tight of course he defected to serve her.

Well Korra DID allow foreign invaders (Spirits) to come to earth in the first place which allowed the events of books 3 and 4.

Kuvira was such wasted potential. She should have been the "Princess Kushana" of the Avatar universe

korra, obviously. her arguments where weak and easily defeated but the cartoon shut down kuvira's brain for an easy korra victory, no explanation required.

this right here. Season 2 was the worst bar none, but when i think about it season 4 stung the most because I got my hopes up after season 3. Its like I know they have it in them to write cool fights, stories, and characters after the red lotus. So what the fuck happened between then and season 4?

Since they are both women, who are never in the wrong, you are in the wrong here, OP

>mfw you can spot the exact moment Bryke realised they were writing Kuvira to be totally correct (within context of events) so they throw in some bullshit about concentration camps

Female Mussolini.

I want Turkey to leave.

In all seriousness though, the entire point of the fire navy being there wasn't to attack; they were there to stop republic city from being annexed against it's will, both officially and unofficially, as had happened with Zaofu.

Kuvira stopped being part of a legitimate government when she came up with the idea that gulags aren't prejudiced enough, and literally locked up people because of their ancestry. She overthrew the monarchy, which may not have been so bad, had she not then tried to kidnap him for purposes unknown, built a spirit death ray that destroys everythng, and gone through with the aforementioned bullshit.

Peace is pointless if it's built on the ideology of 'I'm a crazy orphan, forgive my completely inconsistent, eventually lethal racism'.

Kuvira has support initially, but she's a fucking awful leader. Everyone's starving because she's focussing on building trains, but for some reason can't move food around.

More like female Ying Zheng

Some countries just don't have the geography for Ango-style liberty. Talking about making nice is all well and good as an island, or a continent whose most dangerous neighbour is Canada. But we've seen that the Earth Nation tries to split and reform and fights more than once every few ages. In this way it's like Russia, sandwiched between China, with the Middle East breathing down their neck, and a list of countries that have tried to invade it within cultural memory.

What I'm saying is that peace and freedom are for countries that are secure enough to offer it. Even America isn't so secure in its freedom that it wasn't going to lock Ezra Pound in a cage for a month.

Fair enough, but Zaofu and republic city aren't military threats on their own. There's more to be gained by utilising them as semi vassal states, in order to promote exterior appearance and try to get tenterhooks into other countries. This isn't even mentioning the wealth and economic benefits of employing such strategies. To take them over immediately, instead of winning them over in the long run or by planting terroristic elements is stupid.

Then again, China are doing the same thing with Hong Kong, so what do I know.

People who like Kuvira belong on Sup Forums. She put people in camps. Even refugee camps are hell on Earth, and those are supposed to help people.

wtf I love kuvira now

It's been a couple years. I was pretty invested in Korra, but I never watched the 4th season. I had a feeling it was gonna peak with Zaheer and friends. Is the last season even worth the watch?

In the beginning it was actually a complex issue with no one side being totally right or wrong. But then they threw all of that out to make Kuvira figuratively Hitler with ethnic cleansing, concentration camps and plans for world domination.

>we're told flat out that after Kuvira liberates a region, her army withdraws and they stop supporting the area.
>we're told

The problem is that we're never SHOWN this. For all we know this is just Opal making shit up.

Suyin

For someone who claims to love kuvira like a daughter She gave up on kuvira way too quickly. Instead of trying to redeem her she was ready to murder her "daughter" in her sleep without a second thought. This is made worse if you consider that Suyin was the problem child of her own family but they love her enough to help her reform and redeem herself. If anyone could understand importance of saving a child who lost their way it should be suyin. But she was like nope if you give me trouble leave and never come back. And if you come back ill murder you and force my sons to be accomplices. Kuvira was nothing but a pet to her that she was willing to put down once her real daughter was born

Yeah it didn't really make sense for her to be the 4th season big bad.

Maybe their food and resources got looted by the huge fucking army of metal
benders that rolled through and forcibly subjugated their state

Every character in the show was written poorly to varying degrees. Kuvira was a cut above the rest for most of Season 4, but she was inconsistent too. She waffled aback and forth between sincerely caring about her mission, and being a mustache-twirling villain only out to increase her own power. Her journey from well-intentioned reformer to tyrant wasn't done well at all. Suyin is one of the more egregious cases because she acts like a self-absorbed piece of shit and yet is presented in a way that makes it obvious the writers expect the audience to sympathize with her.

You can make a similar case for literally all of the characters. Bolin was useless comic relief who got a random power upgrade out of nowhere to keep him relevant. Asami had zero reason to associate with any of those people but insisted on hanging around anyway. A huge string of minor characters who were sidelined shortly after being introduced in order to make room for the next minor character. Etc.

suyin should have been put to death by firing squad

Aang wanted to do the same thing with illegal fire nation colonists in the earth kingdom until Zuko threatened to kill him. Read the comics. Kuvira was trying to bring her people back to life after their plight was ignored for decades by Republic City. Anyone opposed to what Kuvira was doing is a sick, feeble-minded person.

literally everyone in that show did terrible things for terrible reasons

>we're told flat out that after Kuvira liberates a region, her army withdraws and they stop supporting the area
That's not what they say.

It doesn't even make sense; if she take away her troops the bandits come back and steal her shit.