Ok, but no tickling

>ok, but no tickling
The new promo for Star vs seems to hint at mild flirtatious bondage, possibly between Tom and Marco (though we don't know who he's talking to). Seeing how Star vs has been a success so far, they seem to have gotten a freer rein over the story and the ride is only getting wilder. Season 2 was just the beginning.

How far will the show go? Will the boundaries of kids' entertainment be pushed? Will the tomcobaiting result in a flood of lewd fanart? Is it too much, or not enough?

Also happy bday Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

scontent-arn2-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/22244975_1845367649108411_783152626039521280_n.mp4
strawpoll.me/14049755/
youtube.com/watch?v=BA6pzXeRHhU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Link?

>position of TOm's Birthday hat

Cute.

>or not enough?

Not enough, especially given it being pretty much canon.

>there are only 228 Tomco fanfics on AO3
>there are 3,509 Billdip fanfics on AO3

Fuck you, AO3.

It was on someone's instagram, link was in last thread but here's a direct video link
scontent-arn2-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/22244975_1845367649108411_783152626039521280_n.mp4

Also pic related has names for the new episodes, in case someone hasn't seen them. I'm hype. I have a good feeling

Tomco is fine, but not with PrincessMarco/TransMarco.

But I'll enjoy the comedy out of Tom falling for Princess Marco if it happens. Even just real quick.

Curious to hear people's opinions
strawpoll.me/14049755/

How the hell is tomco that unpopular? Is it that Star vs doesn't get a lot of fic in general, or what? It's WRONG. It's a godtier ship deserving of love

Messed up the link, here's the promo.

youtube.com/watch?v=BA6pzXeRHhU&feature=youtu.be

Nice hat

>only 228 Tomco fanfics on AO3
>only
That's over 1/4th of them man, what the fuck do you want.
Less than half are Starco even though that's WAY more popular.
There are less than 40 Jarco fics and that's the ACTUAL canon ship.
There are more TomStar fics than Jarco.

I like Tom, he's a good character, but there's no question he's overrepresented in fanfics/art for a character who's only really starred in 3 episodes.

thanks!

Where are the AnonStar fics haha just wondering haha

>There are less than 40 Jarco fics and that's the ACTUAL canon ship.
>There are more TomStar fics than Jarco.

Probably because Jarco is such a shit-tier ship.

>not AnoNefcy
[Angery Bug Chirrups]

You'll have to be satisfied with a creative reading of Riverposter's wonderful works.
Until the day I stop being a lazy fuck and give AnonStar the full degenerate treatment it deserves

WHAT IS THAT PREDATOR DOING TO THAT YOUNG PRINCESS!

GUARDS! GUARRRRRRDS!!!!!!!!

>Making fanfiction out of Jarco
Ergh

Haven't seen this artist before.

Why do people use Twitter for art? It's probably the shittiest format for finding images, although Instagram artists are worse.

>There are less than 40 Jarco fics and that's the ACTUAL canon ship
>there's no question he's overrepresented in fanfics/art for a character who's only really starred in 3 episodes

Tom just has more depth to his character than Jackie, who hasn't explored much at all yet.

I want to see Tom in a karate uniform doing a flaming kick. I don't have much faith in my art skills.

Did i ever post this thing in here?

One of my favorites of yours man...

>Tom just has more depth to his character than Jackie
This would be a fair point if most fanfics were accurate to the character
Most authors just use him as a stand-in for their own "badboy"/"asshole ex-boyfriend" fantasies and completely miss the point that Tom himself doesn't want to be like that, even without Star to motivate that change.
Same thing happens with Janna (the most popular girl after Star, just as Tom is the most popular guy after Marco). Even though her canon character is less complex than fucking Brittney, she's just ripe for people to build and project all kinds of personal fantasies on her, like her secretly being Marco's childhood friend even though he wants nothing to do with her, or pairing her up with Tom despite their incredibly toxic "chemistry."

No but better late than never.

>SwinStar
Top cyut, man

for some reason what I like best about that Star pose isn't the glowing hearts but the droopy horns

What is she looking at?

Get a load of this guy

user's taquito

Her little burritno

Why not?

They could help by making Jackie more than just a character to fap, she just doesn't have wacky gimmicks like the rest of the cast.

Glad you guys like it.

Yeah, honestly, that grinds my gears a bit.
Tom and Janna definitely have a bit more flair going on than Jackie, but everyone makes them out as being so much more developed than Jackie.

Tom has somewhat of an argument because he's actually grown over time, but Janna's "development" is honed in because she's quirky and relatable to the tumblr crowd. All remaining assumptions are collective headcanons that have somehow become true canon to the collective.

These are the same people that convinced themselves Jantom is definitely going to happen, when the two haven't even met on screen yet.

>Character needs to be quirky and "gimmicky" to be enjoyable
She just needs more time to explore her emotions in the aftermath of all this. She's fairly normal, but she's not just a barely functioning human being.

Okay, what kind of fans are the worst:

Tomfags
Jannafags
Jackiefags

Aww, ain't he just a dream come true!

>people enjoying other characters means they're bad
come on user

Why is Nefcy so cute?

Lol, I love how there was originally tons of fan art after Bon Bon of the "main 5" teens that everyone supposedly loved: Star, Marco, Tom, Janna, and Jackie.

But now it's just shown that only Star, Marco, Tom, and Janna had any real amount of popularity. All of those characters are involved in popular ships. Jackie is shipped a lot...though ironically none of the ships she is a part of are popular.

Jackiefags are objectively wrong
This guy speaks the truth

There was that brief Heckapoo infatuation

I blame Plague.

Not my fault that even TomStar btfo of your shit ship in terms of fan content.

I said teens

The worst ones are Starco fans. They have to push their own suffering on everybody else.

Why is this...
We all know how toxic TomStar is

Star and Marco are the only ones that matter.
We can keep Janna and Tom around because they're entertaining.
Jackie is dead weight (and a lot of it too)

Post your predictions for this season

>Star and her friends will side with Tom after it is revealed she just used him to get over Marco
>Star finds Eclipsa and bonds with her
>Eclipsa offers to teach Star dark magic so she can use it to make Marco love her
>Moon and MHC vs Eclipsa happens
>Star defends Eclipsa, defeats MHC, and dethrones her parents
>Eclipsa becomes Queen and restarts the monster war Crashes Mewni with no survivors
>Darth Star happens

>Eclipsa gets a new apprentice Jackie

>Jackie is dead weight (and a lot of it too)
and so is your lumpy unwanted growth you call a soul
Jackie is kino and i hope she vores you

You know who.

Tom is definitely one of the more developed characters, he has a clear arc going on and out of the whole cast has probably made the best use of his screentime.
I would argue Janna has had less character development than Jackie in Season 2, despite all of her new screentime as Star's girl-friend.
Neither of them are particular complex, you could arguably even call them both "one-dimensional", but Janna has made almost no progress in advancing her character since Season 1. She's still just the quirky, creepy, detached schoolmate who likes to mess with Marco and is interested in Star's "witchy stuff."
In contrast while Jackie is still "super nice and chill girl who skateboards", that characterizations has been thoroughly explored in the development of her relationship with Marco. We've seen how she comforts people and handles Marco's issues in a different way than Star. Her characterization may be straightforward, but the sole defining aspect of it has been fleshed out. She has some depth, just not much complexity. Yet.

>"You can be MY prisoner of love..."
What did she mean by this?

Kinky. She's into finger biting.

she was gonna fuck him until his nuts fell off

>that pulled down sleeve

wew

The problem is that Marco and Jackie relationship is probably the most ''normal'' ship of the bunch.
With Starco you have everything, peasant x princess, best friends to lovers, helping each other to grow, and much more.
Tomco is the second most popular one thanks to the fujos, nerdy boy and a demon, but the rest enjoy the bromance too.
TomStar of course offers the ex-lovers story, with a badboy like Tom and a crazy girl like Star people of course will like it.
Marcapoo RIP brings a ship that you can build with your own headcannons, what Marco did in those 16 years? is up to you.

Jarco suffers for being the most normal ship that this show can offer, nothing offensive, people even don't mind it, even probably like it, is that people just don't care, even people shipped her with Star just to show that people don't hate Jackie.
thanks for reading my autism wall textif you did

They have a history that could be interesting to explore, conflict, looking at why they didn't work out, and so on. Plus a magic princess and a demon is more fun to think about than Jarco.

Jackie's characterization is solely used to further Marco or Star in some way though

But...so what? It doesn't make her characterization any less enjoyable.

Stop trying to argue that Janna is so much better.

>But...so what? It doesn't make her characterization any less enjoyable.
Well that's the thing, it still makes her kind of boring

>Stop trying to argue that Janna is so much better.
Way to put words in my mouth, I wasn't even that guy

Ahh yes, the all important novelty...
Never mind how the characters actually act, let's look at them because they're a demon and a princess

>it still makes her kind of boring
It being what...the fact that her characterization is used for the advancements of others? It's not even like it's that at every waking moment. The drama in Just Friends didn't even come in until the last minute of the episode. For the first 8 or so minutes of the episode, Marco, Jackie, and Star all liked each other and were all concerned for each others' sake.

People who like Jackie and dislike any of Marco, Star, Janna or Tom have invalid opinions since the other 4 are much more developed and interesting.

Same can be said for people who Like Janna and dislike the rest.

That's completely contradictory logic.
By my statement it was already established that Janna is a more fleshed out and interesting character than Jackie is.

>drooling herself with a buff 30 years old version of her best friend
slut

Explain how Janna is fleshed out. not only compared to jackie but to all other side characters

Is it wong that I missed brittney?

not him but people just find Janna to be a more fun character, where still in s3, there's time to develop everyone.

Well she's definitely more than Jackie, that goes without saying. And that's all I was arguing for.
It's obvious.

Well while it's true a lot of fans are just that shallow, to be fair with TomStar there's the angst factor. In fiction some people might be more interested in stories about relationships that dramatically fell apart. In some cases with that ship it's obvious people are really just writing and venting about their own exes/failed past romances, too.

Including Jackie
At least people like Jackie more than Pony Head

But people liking Tom above Buff Frog is just wrong

But how is she more developed compared to all other side characters.
Im not asking for only jackie

True, I bet a ton of those fan fics mentioned earlier are just backstory types

The worst "fans" are the ones that don't want to see Star fully embrace her destiny as a cuckqueen. The only way she'll ever get any Marco is if she plays her cards right and convinces them to let her give cleanup oral to both him and Jackie.

It doesn't matter, my point was to show how shitty Jackie was.

>But people liking Tom above Buff Frog is just wrong

I like Tom but people liking Tom more than Ludo is kind of shitty since Ludo is so much more interesting and developed. It's obvious why though.

everybody already knows how shitty jackie is you fucking tool.
Saying someone who likes Jackie has no Opinion is fucking retarded to begin with.

But some people still don't get it. I won't stop until everyone hates Jackie the way I do.

i like Jackie and agree what you say, she's underdeveloped, she's like cool girl,and that's it, i'd like more of her, but y'know she probably won't get it, i hope she does, like i hope she flips out on Marco, she had this look on her face when Star confessed i hope she's just as much as a spergas the rest of the cast so she'll be liked, like the others, and shit, i dunno if i'm making sense, i just want a character i like to be more developed, i want her to have flaws, i want her to be super jealous of what Star said to Marco

not Wong at all Brittney's been dressing weird though, notice that picture she has no panties, i wonder if she sold them

then you are truly autistic and it was a waste of time replying to you

...the same reason people love Janna right?
Because the targeted audience of the show is mainly preteen girls who find Tom hot, Janna quirky/relatable, and Jackie too perfect/the enemy?

I agree with 3 of the people he listed, but seriously, I like Jackie more than Janna.

I mean I already succeeded with you, you hate Jackie and find her shitty.

Honestly yeah, probably.

people really liked the dynamic of Marco and Tom in Friendenemies to the point of becoming the second most popular pairing, he's the third most popular character, and i'm pretty sure if Nefcy included Hpoo she would probably be the third most popular female after Janna.
other thing you know already, the sex appeal, buff frog and ludo doesn't excite the fangirls that much

>spoiler
But of course lizard lips did.

>buff frog and ludo
Buff Frog he hits my buttons, if i was a girl, i'd be soaking for him
>muscles
>accent
>good poppo
>protective of those he loves
Ludo is repulsive because of the mole we saw in season one, i know it's shallow but god

Toffee was 50 shades of Grey bait

>thinking girls would be soaking for a loving father

Yeah, honestly
I think the ranking of popular characters goes:
-Star
-Marco
-Tom
-Janna
-Hekapoo
-Jackie
-Pony Head
-Oskar

The target demographic is preteen girls. The only people into bara are thirty-something fujos and gfurfags.

But...my OT5...
Jackie is supposed to be up there with the top 4 :(

hey, i mean me personally not the generic teenage girl who just read twilight despite it being a decade old

>Fujos
fucking hell, i hate Fujoshits, ruin everything they fucking touch

I see Jackie is practicing for when she has to do cumshot scenes for her future career path.

>Janna higher than Hekapoo
nice try

I want Marco to straight up stand up to Jackie and tell her that she is not at all important to him anymore.

Marco deserves to leave the past behind him. He wants to be an adventurer and Jackie is keeping him from doing that.

I fantasize about disembowling Jackie

I want Jackie to poop in front of me.

Nice hat Tom