Post your recent LCS experience

Post your recent LCS experience

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2011/08/22/atomic-comics-closed-down-by-a-sixteen-year-old-girl/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>go to comic shop for a decade
>some dumb bitch woman driver plows into it with her car
>apparently no car insurance
>shop goes out of business
Saudi Arabia is going to regret letting women drive.

Haven't had one since Hastings went out of business.

F

>Canada. One is nice and run by liberal guys. No problems decades later.

The other is run by a Chinese grumpy man who hates comics who then removes every back issue. (He had them way too priced high).

Shame

>go to lcs
>buy some stuff
>dont realize until after I get in the car my dick was out the whole time

>go to lcs
>woman owner runs it with her husband
>want to ask her for a blowjob every day
>never get the courage
>go home with murder machine and my free pin

Was that Atomic Comics in AZ? If so, it's even more obnoxious. Kid took their parents car when they legally couldn't drive. Hit the store. Because it was a minor they couldn't pursue expenses against them.

post pics

>Go to my LCS
>This guy greets me with "Hello"

>Go to LCS before work like usual
>Say hey to the owner as he pulls the only title I have on my list that week.
>Talk about Metal for 2 minutes.
>Gives me a 50% discount on a barely damaged issue of Mother Panic.

It's a pretty chill place and the owner's always provided great service.

I have had three LCS
>First was Forbidden Planet and was always kinda trash, but has gotten worse. A lot more of the store is tacky 'geek' merch these days, the manga section consumed the novel section with cashgrab licensed ecchi shit, and capeshit now holds 2/3 of the comic floorspace. If its not Marvel/DC they probably won't even have it on release day.
>Second was an independent chain that was pretty nice the few times I went but was once again nearly all capeshit and merch, and closed.
>Third was a pretty cool local book store that carried quite a few graphic novels and non-capeshit comics but it got bought out by a chain and got rid of them.

The local wax sculpture museum also had a few thousand books from 03-06 piled into a bathroom they sold at ten for a fiver for quite a few years because apparently the premises were once partially a comic store that went under and never cleared its stock, but after holding them for years without making a dent in the pile or cataloguing them they binned the whole lot.

Honestly if not for Amazon, the library, and piracy I probably wouldn't read comics at all these days.

I'm pretty sure they could nail the parents for negligence

Some nigga can pay for that.

Haha, did he look you in the eyes when he said it too? Sounds like that guy does NOT know his clientele.

>go to LCS
>ask for my pull
>Notice the Darkseid Special I ordered isn't there
>"Hey, you frgot my Darkseid Special
>"Oh sorry about that, hold on a second"
>He gets a copy from the back
>I pay
>I leave
>Fin

>The local wax sculpture museum also had a few thousand books from 03-06 piled into a bathroom they sold at ten for a fiver for quite a few years because apparently the premises were once partially a comic store that went under and never cleared its stock, but after holding them for years without making a dent in the pile or cataloguing them they binned the whole lot.
Fucking shame.

Get anything good from it before they got rid of it?

Who is that Manson cosplayer?

>Was that Atomic Comics in AZ?
Bingo. If I remember correctly, Samurai Comics or another local place bought out a portion of their inventory so it's not a complete tragedy. But even still, AC was a hub for comic collectors in Phoenix and the whole thing kind of broke the small community here.

You'd be surprised how ineffective the legal system can be for these things. Even in sue-happy USA.

>Amazon.

My LCS trades are cheaper than Amazon and they ship anywhere. They ship Transformers variants to Japan. There are still good comic shops.

Is she a juggalo?

The ideal retail experience

Well, I heard it from another comic book store owner, Charlie of Charlie's Comics down in Tucson, that that was the case. Otherwise I don't know why they couldn't sue.

>Want to buy I Hate Fairyland and Bane Conquest
>they stopped stocking both last month

>it was so small that no one noticed
Your gif still applies

lol
I don't got to my LCS anymore since those assholes took it upon themselves to make all comics unreasonably expensive.
I just buy Trades from Amazon

>go to LCS
>look around store
>entire time the guy behind the counter glowers at me
>pick up a few issues of some stuff I was interested in at the time
>he looks at my picks with a look of complete disgust and wordlessly rings up my comics

Y-you too...

>be me
>Busy with work
>Putting off picking up box because eh
>Suddenly Hurricane Harvey
>Oh God everything's fucked
>Luckily live in old part of town on high ground and personally am not badly affected
>Next week
>Get text message from LCS owner asking politely to pick up my box, with a note that comics are 20%off during the weekend
>was planning to go anyways
Bretty cool place. Owner has dogs and lets them chill out in the store during the day.

I need to go pick up my box again.

Man this fucking pisses me off just hearing about it. Once VR becomes more realistic we should put all kids into camps

>batman day at my lcs
>wife normally picks up comics but i go because its saturday
>buy $20 in back issues, get a free sketch from a local artist
>read red death when i get home then fuck my wife

Hard to recall since its been like five years since they got rid of it all.

If I remember right I got most of my early Y the Last Man books from there along with quite a bit of Vertigo/Image stuff in general.

>Went to LCS on Friday
>Picked up an Aliens Trade
>Also got two floppies
>Contemplated buying a Hot Toys Iron Man figure
>Didn't
>Paid for my comics and left

Fucking Gamestop...wait. Wrong board.

>go to LCS looking for a few trades
>place is the size of my bedroom and so full of comics that two people can't browse at once
>don't see any trades, just issues
>think they hate trade buyers like me
>start sweating
>pick up an issue of I Hate Fairyland because I read the first two trades
>holy shit the trades are behind the issues
>notice owner smirking at me
>he knows I'm new to comic stores
yikes

Not where I live.

>go to LCS
>buy comics
>leave

FUCKING COMICSTOP

>then fuck my wife

>No LCS

>Never Been to an LCS

Living your whole life on an island is torment

>The local wax sculpture museum also had a few thousand books from 03-06 piled into a bathroom

What the fuck? How did that even work?

They'd have to prove the parent fucked up in a serious enough way that it would actually be their fault, and simply having keys in their house is unlikely to be seen as negligent. Not to mention they could sue the kid, he just wouldn't have any money.

Pull list motherfucker.

So kids can literally do anything and get away with it in the legal system. Fuck we need a one child policy ASAP

Look on the bright side: there's a huge chance that you're going to die there as well, having never explored the outside world.

Wouldn't the dogs trash the place?

Like you imagine it would. It was a smalliah bathroom (three stalls and two urinals) and there were piles of comics stacked in it, usually a metre and a half high. Some were collapsed and covered the floor.

You had to step over a knee high pile just to get it, and then look around the whole lot to find anything of note because it was unordered.

>walk into store
>"IT'S YA BOI"
>everyone stands up and claps
>Manager comes out of the back office
>"user, you've made my day again! Great to see you back!"
>shake hands with all the /tg/ guys playing Warhammer or some shit
>chat with the clerk
>he's been going through some stuff with his ex and we talk about making things right with her
>pick up my issues for the month
>everyone asks me to stay a little longer
>"I'd love to but I gotta get going, my wife has dinner ready"
>walk out
>suddenly I don't know where I am
>start breathing heavily
>wake up
>bed covered in sweat
>realize I'm alone and no one has ever loved me
>browse Sup Forums instead of reading comics

>go to LCS
>It's the secret stash
>they have a show on AMC
>go watch the show

Pay me AMC

I don't know what kind of nig dogs you deal with but these dogs chill out on the couch and get up occasionally to sniff people

What point even is there to going to comic book shops?
Don't you guys buy your shit from the Internet?

The burn wards are already full.

* posts bullshit made up story*

Where the fuck do you live that the parents wouldn't be financially accountable for the damages of their children's crimes?

If a kid totals a shop in a car crash here the parents are the ones who pay for it regardless of whether they were negligent or not. If they're legally responsible for the child then that's all it takes.

Is england really that bad

I should have provided a link when I posted >bleedingcool.com/2011/08/22/atomic-comics-closed-down-by-a-sixteen-year-old-girl/

He's probably a bong

How did you know I made it up?

Since it's Bleeding Cool I assume the article goes on to praise this girl for "literally smashing patriarchy in comics"

>walk into store
>"ITS YA BOI"
why is LowTierGod buying comics?

Canada. There's no common law responsibility for parents so it would be based on what an individual states law holds.

No, depending on their age they can be held criminally liable and as I said they can be held civilly liable. They probably just won't have any money so suing them would be a waste of time.

That's not how it always works. If you're a business and you lose over $1M in merchandise, plus tens of thousands in property damage, plus untold thousands in lost merch sales while your shop is closed, how the fuck can you stay in business by suing an individual? They're not going to be able to fork over nearly $1.5M immediately to you, and no court would grant you a verdict like that because USA is not structured on making individuals debtors in perpetuity (unless they are divorced fathers, hohoho).

After you're lowballed by your insurance company because of depreciated value of old merchandise, you're lucky if you get $100K of the $1M in merch you lost. And after the insurance company lowballs you on appraisal, any prospective defendant would just cite that as the damage, and that you were compensated already, so they'd be on the hook for emotional distress and very little else. What's emotional distress worth these days? Not much. You'd probably pay more in legal fees than what you'd get.

The system fucks you over because the protective layer that you THOUGHT you were paying for (insurance) is ultimately your undoing in the court systems when it comes to claims.

too real

Insurance of basically all types is pretty much the biggest scam of anything ever.

This, if there ever is a class based revolution in the USA, insurance executives should be first killed

There's a reason this guy was an insurance middle manager.

>The Incredibles named the jew

>walk into lcs
>going out of business in a week but they have a sale
>5 minutes after they open
>owner is in the back corner actually jerking off

but i got some good pickups so

>Foreignfag
>Me and friend go to LCS
>He tells the owner at the counter he has to cancel his books for a few months because he's saving for a trip to the states
>Owner "Don't you want to wait for the next president?"
>Friend who by no means supports Trump jokingly says "I don't want to wait seven years"
>Owner losses his shit and says he's no longer welcome in his store
>mfw

Jews aren't allowed to be usurers, user. It's in the Mosaic law.

Huph is a good ol English name.

>walk into LCS
>avoid autistic mtg kids
>grab my stack of books
>rung up by a kid who can't do 2nd grade math
>owner comes up to me and makes small talk while employee struggles with basic addition
>calculator.exe
>pay
>say goodbye
>leave

This is basically every week.

>go in
>find some back issues I've been looking for
>find an old ass issue of OMAC
>staff doesn't charge me for OMAC, says they were trying to get rid of it
It's been a couple hours and I'm still confused by this. It was a good issue though.

>Post your recent LCS experience
My LCS chain got shut down after is was revealed that the store was being used to launder money for Minneapolis gangs.

kind of makes sense but there are so many other better options for cash businesses where you can fudge cash numbers..

>go to LCS
>super nice guy is usually running the store on Wednesdays is there
>this metalhead looking dude who also works Wednesays every so often is there
>browsing some trades
>somehow get into conversation with metal head about Nick Carter still making music and Babymetal
>nice guy recommends Head Lopper to me when ringing me up

It's a pretty comfy place when there's not many people around, but Magic/Pokemon TCG players make the place almost unbearable whenever they are there. They're mostly made up of 12-15 year olds, and they're super obnoxious and tend to loiter in front of the counter a lot.

Sounds like you have a wide open market niche user

>Go to my LCS for my pull list
>I pull trades exclusively.
>Against my better judgment, I decided to go Full Gundam for the Runaways series, and ask to have single issues added to my pull list as well as picking up a variant cover of Runaways #1 (the Kevin Wada variant)
>The excited little "Yes!" he made when I told him this made me smile as well.

>went in
>got my pulls
>browsed a bit
>walked out

>go to comic shop
>Buy Red Death (With a free button), X-Men Blue, and Venomverse
>Talk to comic owner about the state of marvel
>Look at cool long box
>leave

sorry, I just buy and go.

> Go to LCS
> Big Apple Comics
> Shop is super cool with 1,000s of back issues
> Pick up pull list.
> Metal mother fucker!
> Tell them to save the other Metal tie ins
> go home

Likely the chain was having trouble but had a record of being successful in the past so the criminal element preyed on it, knowing it wasn't a bad choice, especially with so many storefronts.

>mfw you get killed by a cursed OMAC back issue

I bagged and boarded unsorted comics from 11am to 3:30pm with a friend.

I last went a couple weeks ago and it was a typical day in the shop. They were playing some random 90's X-Men cartoon episodes on the TV, a couple of high school kids looking through some MTG cards, an older guy going through the back issue boxes, a couple of guys looking through the new and recent release comics, and me looking through the trades and hardcovers. I ended up buying the Complete Elfquest vol 4 and the first Jim Balent Catwoman tpb.

He's a patrician who reads Red Hood and Deathstroke to keep his IQ up while fighting charge characters, even though he mains Rolento

Same as every week:
>Go to LCS
>Exchange greetings
>Clerk brings me my pull list
>Pay
>Say "bye" and leave

Although last week the clerk and I talked about plastic model kits. I got back into the hobby recently, and he got some nice kits in from wherever they get their stuff. It was a nice little chat.

Same ol'. That one chatty girl asks me how things are, the guy at the counter wants my vote in the weekly poll, and everyone knows my name, which is kinda creepy.

>having dreams about having people being nice to you at a comic book shop

Holy fucking shit that's pathetic.

This is not a recent experience, but I just remembered it happened and can't not post it.

>go to LCS
>usual guy is working the counter for a Wednesday
>we always chat shit for a while before I head home
>walk in to find guy I've never seen before chatting to clerk
>no big deal, easily slot into conversation
>guy's perfectly normal
>he laughs at a joke and some phlegm just launches out of his mouth
>lands on his shoe
>he bends over
>picks the phlegm off his shoe
>legit about to put it back in his mouth
>clerk goes, "Dude... don't put that back in your mouth."
>he laughs awkwardly
>leaves about a minute later

>Go to LCS today and yesterday, opened yesterday
>They're a cool ass hangout area as well as selling stuff, gonna do dnd there but mainly for melee
>would have made it to the tournament today but my dad took me out for my birthday because he's awesome

You must have a smaller dick than Nick Bate

There are probably worse ways to go than being killed by a Jack Kirby comic.

>Move to new town
>Decide to order a trade since I was too busy to pick up individual issues
>"Should be here in a few days"
>Takes an entire month to get in

Guess it's back to ordering online for me.

>be me
>read comics since 2014
>get caught up on a lot of marvel titles because they seem to always reboot after 12 issues
>want to get into DC but all of them are like 50 issues in
>get excited when DC Rebirth is announced
>put like ten rebirth titles on my pull list
>oh shit they're doubleshipping
>oh shit Marvel is doubleshipping too
>can't keep up
>stop reading capeshit
>only read Saga and Wic+Div
>Wic+Div starts arc with a massive magazine that I don't care to read
>now I only read Saga

Give up entirely, it's the only option left to you.

The final step is to just take the hellboypill

what's that?

Read Hellboy instead you fucking newfag

Just start on Hellboy. There's a reason why it's barely mentioned here on Sup Forums despite being nearly 25 years old, and it's because nobody has negative things to say about it.

When I was 9 my older brother got my dad to take us to a Comic Book Shop so he could buy Warhammer 40,000 figurines. That was my most recent LCS experience.

You're right about how insurance would handle the damages, depending on their policy. They would get a fairly reasonable amount to repair the damage to the building, and if they had the coverages, a lowballed appraisal of the lost stock because it's old/niche (likely cover price or depreciated unless they took out special coverage) and/or a bare minimum for lost revenue for the time it took to get the building repaired.

Once all the damages have been paid out, the insurance company would then immediately pursue subrogation because they would want to get their money back. Because the vehicle was uninsured, they can't just collect from another insurance company and they would have to pursue damages against the driver, or in the case of a minor, the driver's parents. Problem is that the amount of the damages is so high that it would be either be contested (in civil arbitration) or the financially negligent party would just declare bankruptcy to avoid having to pay for the damages.

Either way, the LCS loses. They probably had shitty coverage, though, all things considered.

>ask if he wants to buy old some x-men comics I got for cheap
>he walks around the store for 10 minutes, checking boxes all over the place
>says he already has most of them
>I ask if he wants to trade them for some stuff
>he says yeah ok
>before I leave I awkwardly make small talk about recent comic news

This is always how my trips are, I go to make profit and usually fail. Sometimes he doesn't have what I buy and gives me $50-$70 tho.

Anyone have any tips for selling to your LCS?