HOW TO FIX RICK AND MORTY FOR SEASON 4

HOW TO FIX RICK AND MORTY FOR SEASON 4

1. Make Morty more like his original personality of a naive stupid schoolchild, instead of mini angry Rick.
2. Make aliens/sci-fi appear less mundane to regular people in the show to make the situations more eventful
3. Make Rick more caring so the audience also cares and is invested. Pulling the infinite realities or nihilism card for the millionth time is annoying and redundant.
4. Stop doing overarching plotlines involving the family. The show should be spontaneous and have a lot of variety. Insisting on bringing up slow and "serious" moments is intrusive, and should remain as a sideplot in 1 episode at most.
5. The last point applies to the show as a whole. Rick and Morty is most entertaining when it's weird, adventurous, fast, and doesn't overstay its welcome.

tl;dr make it more like season 1.

>1
No, you cannot go backwards and it doesn't make any sense. You ate your cake, there's no having it anymore. Morty is not a gullible retard he was naive and has since lost (most of) his innocence.

Remaining opinion discarded because I can't be bothered to read what someone so wrong thinks.

i think it needs too be more intellegent so only people with high IQ's can watch it ... at the moment its just to dumb.

You forgot number 6, no female writers.

bitch

true

>2. Make aliens/sci-fi appear less mundane to regular people in the show to make the situations more eventful
Since that first episode you could see how normal people weren't supposed to be super impressed by the sci fi world, they all know the universe is vast and weird but they just aren't apart of it and seem to not wish would be.

>1. Make Morty more like his original personality of a naive stupid schoolchild, instead of mini angry Rick.

You can't undo all the shit he's seen and regain the innocence he's lost unless he chooses to wipe all his memories of his and Rick's adventures or something. Morty can only either progress towards becoming more Rick-like both in intellect and in his ethics or he can get smarter but choose to be different than Rick morally. I don't see how else his character can progress other than those two options or having him just stay as he is now and become more of an asshole.

It doesn't matter, nothing matters.

OP, you don't represent the majority of TV watchers who want family drama in their wacky comedy.

People want that family drama bullshit, even if they don't admit it. All the current big shows are family shows. Very few shows are pure action or adventure nowadays.

6. Have the characters stop talking so damn much without a funny punchline. The sentences in this season just go on and on.

I'm fine with Rick and Morty being developed because it's obvious Morty wouldn't be the same after a ton of the shit he's been put through but dear god I'm so sick of Beth and Jerry's marriage problems. It's reaching a point where I'm just skipping any family centric episode now.

1. Wouldn't make sense at this point without pulling a copout event
2. Who cares?
3. This is as retarded as asking South Park to stop being topical
4. Meh

The plan is for season 4 to end the series, they hate eachother now and want to be done with this so they can go their separate ways. Its mostly due to justin going a bit crazy with his spending money drugs

The only way I can think of making Morty do such a massive regression would be by giving him actual brain damage which doesn't so out of place in this show.

I agree, reset to the status quo because idk where they go from here.

Also STOP WITH THE FUCKING FOURTH WALL BREAKS!

Stop with the constant unfunny philosophical ramblings as well.

I'M ONION SHREK. OGRES ARE LIKE ONIONS DOOOONKKEEYYYYYY~~~

I want them to go back on actual adventures

>harmon at the helm
>holes in the writers room
We're too I N T E L L I G E N T for that now. We need to be deconstructing family drama and societal norms continuously. An adventure for adventures sake would be like a joke for joke's sake antithetical to the new and smarter Rick and Morty.

First episode of the next season is going to be non-clone Beth showing up from her space adventures after she gets sad about what she did and murdering her clone and probably murdering Jerry (who will later be brought back to life by Rick for some dumb reason in another episode) I'm calling it right now.

>season one style adventures
>no more Beth and Jerry drama

Sounds like they're already fixing the show.

Did anybody honestly think that Jerry wasn't going to get back with Beth? Why even bother with this family arc bullshit when nobody gives a shit

Fuck you, OP. Your list is shit, here's what they should do.
1. Stop making Rick so overpowered, there are no stakes when he can win so easily, people die if they touch him now ffs
2. If they want more family drama, fuck it, they can have it but combine their mundane problems with sci-fi concepts and make sure the concepts are interesting, at least enough to work on their own.
3. Show don't tell, all the speeches in this season were so hamfisted and cringy, the fact that what they say is obvious doesn't help. If you're gonna explore character flaws do it with a sci-fi adventure and let the story display them, not the characters' mouths
4. Either fire the female writers or tell them to get their shit together. All of their episodes were shit.
5. Understand that gore isn't a substitute for humor, nothing wrong with violence as long as it's not boring.
6. If you're gonna focus on the characters, at least make sure they're consistent. For example Beth is a dumb fuck in the Whirly Dirly ep and then we're supposed to believe she's smart wtf
7. Less quips and fourth wall breaking
8. Make sure to explore the sci-fi concepts in new and unexpected ways, be unpredictable and don't half ass it, and they should always be the main focus
9. Be actually funny, sometimes the episodes aren't even trying to have jokes (like Pickle Rick or ABCs of Beth)
I think that's pretty much it.

He's not overpowered the president and he were still fighting hit for hit and there was that episode that made them want a vacation. Rick's bit is to always say he's on top. It's good for his ego and it's a great bluff because he is very often on top so people start viewing him as infallible despite him flying by the seat of his pants almost all the time.

yeah I mean he lost an Arm in the last episode. A random ass monster ripped it off. He's as overpowered as the writers feel he needs to be to get their point across

Justin stop posting plz

This, the show has no fucking stakes when Rick can just pull out some half assed invention to completely heal himself and all his injuries. They also need to wrap up this evil Morty shit IMHO.

So then, in reality what you want is for some episodes with tension and the feeling of imminent danger for the protagonists, rather than a change in their behaviours.
I wouldn't dislike that either. They've gotten into this weird habit of framing the show through last minute reveals of vulnerability. Like Jerry and his new girl friend. They've over used that method. At this point you can just wait the episode out expecting the 'real shit' 'so deep' to appear and undermine everything in the last few scenes.

>you ate your cake, there's no having it anymore

Wtf user.

They can fix it simply by having more Morty.

Make it more grounded by having Morty go through regular problems without it being cancerous high school drama shit. Maybe have an episode about him failing to pass the grade he's currently in because of all the school he's missed or something.