The legacy of Adventure Time

Did it help or ruin American animation?

It was one of Cartoon Network’s last iconic cartoon so helped

I like adventure time but the plot are just too complex to me for understand. Also shipping ruins the show a little but the story does draw in some curiousity especially when you dont watch the show too often. Early seasons does show some potential slumping in the middle and regaining some pace in the later seasons. Overall a decent cartoon. Also watched it for the lore and waifus i love Flame princess
Second op is PB

It influenced and started the renaissance of the "nuCalarts" style. It kind of ruined it.

So it did help the animation industry and help stall the decline of the cartoon industry. Now we are heading to a new dark ages of cartoons.

Both. Some good things and some really terrible stuff came into frution because of Adventure Time.
But yeah it's going to be remembered, mostly for good.

>muh cal arts smile meme
Go bring your shitty meme back to the garbage dump where it came

Also those early cartoon network animators from cal arts certainly has different art styles of their own. The smiles are just a stale meme now. Also please show AT smiles meme

It helped revive CN and influenced a lot of cartoons that came after. Whether that's a positive or not is subjective. Great cartoon though.

It'll probably go down as the defining cartoon of the 2010's and it helped revive CN, so I'd say helped.

It saved CN after they aired live action shows in the late 2000s.

I'd say it ruined it a bit, but definitely helped it in the long run.

even though it popularized thin lines, noodle limbs, soft edges and round bubbly shapes, and "lol so random and quirky xD" humor in a lot of cartoons afterwards, it's only an artistic trend that'll probably die out in as few years, and it was still a pretty good show in its own right and revived Cartoon Network.

Regular show/AT era has his own charm
Gumball also helped
Everything is just trash or mediocre so far.

That's going to be Loud House. I know that's going to cause autistic screeching from people who base their whole agenda around bashing that show, but it's true.
>Nickelodeon, so it reaches a higher volume of people
>Has a theatrical movie coming up, so it will reach an even larger audience
>has already spawned a few clones/knockoffs (ie Too Loud)
>will last well into the next decade, while AT will be long cancelled, which effects how people remember it when they "look back"

It's for the same reason that Spongebob is remembered so fondly even though most of it is shit and there were a few better quality cartoons that came out during its era, it had a huge audience for most of the 2000s and is still ongoing to this day.

Likewise, you can't tell me "Adventure Time is ending on its own note so it's better" because then you'll have to cede your position to Gravity Falls.

It was THE major influence in DESTROYING the great thing the industry had going back in the day.

Neither really. Cartoons are a medium that always shift around through different creators' lenses. It's impossible to really hurt or help it with a single one.
It does have one of the worst and most autistic fandoms for a non-furry property in television history though, so it didn't do "like your shit and chill the fuck out you goddamn spergs" any favors in the world.

anything that gets too popular ruins the industry, it's initial quality

*regardless of
rip me

>i love Flame princess Second op is PB

shit taste desu fampai

>Gumball
>Unleashes 20+ Styles of animation

AT isn't ending on its own. CN execs cancelled it.

You can't really argue objectively that the Loud House and AT are on the same ground. One breathed new life into cartoons for a short time and the other came into being near the end of that second wind. The Loud House will be remembered as one of the last good cartoons before the coming dark age, but not the most "defining."

In all honesty, though it pains me to say it, and it's for all the wrong reasons, the most "2010s" show will probably be TTG

>Likewise, you can't tell me "Adventure Time is ending on its own note so it's better" because then you'll have to cede your position to Gravity Falls.
>inb4 "muh season 2b"

>That's going to be Loud House.
Nope. TLH is on the same vein as TTG in which its only existence is being successful during a time where standards have dropped so low. TLH also didn't define a generation of artist or even inspire a series of copycats trying to ape the same style, for fucksake you can't even say it was a show by a newbie it was created by a fucking veteran Chris Savino. TLH is just Nick's new milking cow in which it will completely milk dry because they're that desperate for another Spongebob.
>The Loud House will be remembered as one of the last good cartoons before the coming dark age,
The Loud House isn't even good. AT will definitely be more remembered if you considered the time period it premiered and EVERY FUCKING SHOW THAT CAME OUT AFTER IT whereas TLH doesn't have that same luxury it also doesn't have the same amount of critical praise and awards as AT either.

bump

What are you guys expecting from the upcoming war?

Aside from Jake dying

>T-T-T-The Loud House isn't even that good! Stop saying it's good everyone! I, a fat autistic faggot on the internet, am a much better judge of what kids like or not than you guys! Also obligatory shot at TTG because that's what all the cool YouTube celebs do!

None of your post makes any real sense or even disproves what I said. Are you going to talk about awards now? I mean, Short-Form Primetime Emmy's are how you rate a cartoons worth? I guess Robot Chicken is the best cartoon ever then!

How many people tried to "ape" Adventure Time's style? It's the same noodle limb shit as cartoons that came before and after it, it's all CalArts. Are you the same retard that replied to with and insists that they are all different enough art styles now? AT is the same as those smiles except Finn is missing teeth.

What matters is how much presence a thing has, that's what makes it remembered. Adventure Time was struggling to beat Regular Show and Phineas and Ferb in the ratings and eventually got completely embarrassed by Gravity Falls. The video games it tried to put out flopped. It's movie was cancelled. Producers recognized it was a short-lived fad that failed to exploit its gains and faded back into nothingness. It reminds me of FOP, a powerhouse that managed to beat Spongebob for a few years, but status quo and other retarded creator decisions caused it to sink back down into a second-rate show. It's still remembered as one of the cartoons of 2000s, but not THE cartoon of the 2000s.

Arguably, Phineas and Ferb was a much bigger show throughout its run than Adventure Time ever was: it had merchandise everywhere, I remember it being on billboards and the sides of buses. Now, no one remembers it, because it faded and got cancelled. That's Adventure Time's future, hell, its already happened, you just don't see it yet because you're a stan.

It helped revive CN until the CEO change

>currently CN

>the future dark age of cartoons

Explain?

We already know Big G or Princess makes CandyLand a metropolis, so either of them winning gets the same result. It'll be an excuse to cameo every little bastard they can think of, hopefully give the Lich one serious battle for the end, and then end open endedly with some good artsy bullshit for once.
If these episodes get to air in our lifetime at least.

Back in 2014 or so I would have said it helped (though I'd credit Flapjack with that more than AT)

Now, I don't know. Every show nowadays tries to mix overarching stories (LORE) and episodic comedy and they all fail just as miserably as AT did.

We should have gotten Fanboy and Chum Chum on CN

You two are spectrum buddies

You know how many times you've made me look at that fucking image? You find some reason to post it in every goddamn thread

It did neither, the show wasn't influential enough.

Flapjack ruined the aesthetics of modern cartoons.

Are you literally fucking retarded? Everyone knows Adventure Time, NOBODY has ever heard of "Flapjack".

I don't know. Maybe ask ex-brony bout that.

>mods deleting his spam

I don't know who that is.

>, Short-Form Primetime Emmy's are how you rate a cartoons worth? I guess Robot Chicken is the best cartoon ever then!
Yep, the TLH couldn;t get the same type of recondition of Robot Chicken. How sad

Also AT won a peabody award. I guess you should shut the fuck up now.

>How many people tried to "ape" Adventure Time's style?
A lot actually. Meanwhile none tried to ape TLH style at all because its style isn;t unique at all

>Adventure Time was struggling to beat Regular Show and Phineas and Ferb in the ratings and eventually got completely embarrassed by Gravity Falls.
Adventure Time was frequently on top of RS in the ratings throughout its entire run and beat out Gravity Falls once it moved to Disney XD.
>The video games it tried to put out flopped
Wrong again and also they produced more videogames after the fact which just goes to show how much your dumbass knows

>It's movie was cancelled
Nope

>FOP
Both shows arent even remotely similar to begin with

>Arguably, Phineas and Ferb was a much bigger show throughout its run than Adventure Time ever was
Phineas and Ferb fizzled out entirely shortly after AT premiered so much so that so many people forgot that it actually ended.

>Now, no one remembers it, because it faded and got cancelled.
That's why they keep making corssover specials for it because no one remembers it right?

>*unsheathes different animation styles for multiple episodes*
pshhh... nothin personell kid.

>has already spawned a few clones/knockoffs (ie Too Loud)
You're fucking retarded if you think that's a clone/knockoff to TLH. The only thing they share is a similar name.