Finally watched EVA

Damn..

Thanks to the Sup Forumsack who recommended the series + EoE.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJ0doO3VFjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Watch Lain

Really good shit even if a little 2deep4you

I'm watching it now

Is evangelion that good? I hate mecha

Kyokai no kanata, samurai shamploo

Evangelion is kinda meh if you ask me if you want to want to watch mecha.

Watch Schwarzesmarken instead. Pic related.

STAY ON THE MISSION

Knights of Sidonia

been taking acid and watching Evangelion the past couple Saturdays. It's really been freaking me out. Episode 22 especially, I'd never seen the director's cut version before with the extra footage from Asuka's mind rape. Disturbing stuff.

Gonna watch EoE this Saturday, should be quite a journey.

watching s2 now

Eva is about mecha just like how Watchmen is about superheroes.

Am I the only one who preferred the original ending of the series as opposed to the one presented by the End of Evangelion?

I mean, the whole series was more of a homage to contemprorary psychology and the people who've influenced it, like Freud, disguised as an action-packed anime about giant mechas fighting angels of the apocalypse that are actually ayyy liens.

It made more sense to me to conclude the show with a psychoanalysis on how mentally fucked up all the main characters were, although the EoE wasn't a bad ending in any way...

I don't like mecha bruh. I don't like code geass either. The style of animation is awful, plus it has mecha. I only watched 2 chapters

Fuck I didn't now I was browsing Sup Forums.

>Episode 22 especially, I'd never seen the director's cut version before with the extra footage from Asuka's mind rape. Disturbing stuff.
Perdon

EVAS ARENT MECHA!!

evangelion is more about the characters than the robots themselves. fuck evangelion + EoE had me really twisted up on the inside

Never watched either before.

Which do you recommend I go through first?

EoE is basically "idk what the fuck is happening but it looks sick"

Schwarzesmarken has a lot of CGI gore combined with Germany as the battleground. It's breddy gud but too short to be awesome. Still a nice evening filler since it only has 12 episodes.

It had potential, but they killed it off after one season..

Tell that to Terada. They've been in multiple Super Robot Wars games.

EVA sucked. Kill la kill was a lot better.

Fucking anime is ball cancer

Never watched this full. Fuck it.Asuka >>> wood

stop taking drugs, especially when you go to the polls

Asuka will kick your ass if you do

Neon Genesis Evangelion is about world government conspiracy, psychological trauma, and has religious symbolism. Serial Experiments Lain isn't even Sup Forums related in the slightest.

Where did you find the director's cut?

Everything that is unable to have a correct name in the age of google is immediately discarded.

Also
>EVA

mods just deleted the asuka thread
must be a butthurt reifag

Show pandering to teenage angst.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, if you're a teenager.

>Serial Experiments Lain isn't even Sup Forums related in the slightest.

It's actually really good, though. Especially if you're Sup Forums.

suck my dick, weeb scum

EoE just makes it perfect, another great combination is haruhi+ the disappearance of haruhi. In this case you must watch the endless eight in one sitting to really appreciate the mind fuck

>this

This part. A lot of this scene is new and wasn't included in the original On Air version.
youtube.com/watch?v=VJ0doO3VFjc

It's on Nyaa. Look for the 2D4U release.

Watch Texhnolyze

M8 Japs use weird German like terms all over the place. They're about as much germaboos as we're weeaboos.
That's the deep connection we have with them.

They just have good taste.

DELET THIS

This show has too much edge for my liking

What are some Sup Forums approved animes?

I loved the first run of Melancholy of Haruhi but haven't watched anything past that. Is it worth watching? Me and the wife both love Evangelion (we both met at an animal convention in line to meet Tiffany Grant) but she hates my waifu Haruhi

I liked the part that showed the little girls tits.

This is not politics

fuck you you fucking faggots

i wanna kill myself now with that ending

Well, both endings are canon. The series's ending just explains what was going on inside Shinji's head during the events of End of Evangelion, and his rejection of Instrumentality.

Mechas are just a decoy for the show. The series is actually diving deep into psychology. EoE was a mind-wrenching acid trip

when is the 4th Evangelion movie coming out??

Eva is trash

Seriously watch Schwarzesmarken.

West block vs East block with mechas plus alien invasion. Also everyone dies and revenge happens.

>Which do you recommend I go through first?

I just watched the original series all the way through and then the EoE afterwards. I can't help the feeling that the original ending for the series was intented as a take on the part of the makers of the series to showcase their view on the tragedy of the human condition, as well as their way of cope with it. But because the fans of show watched the whole damn thing for some mecha action, which they were denied at the end, the makers of the show made the EoE as a more visually impressive, action-packed showdown to stop rabid fans of the series from sending them constant dead-threats.

I watched the Evangelion 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 redos last weekend and I can't really recommend them - they've basically just redone the special effects and the Evas with 3D models and sfx, and made the already mindfuckery plot more dumb to a point of ridiculous.

lol, you kids were born in 2000s or something?

>inb4 legend of the galatic snores which has the worst animation anyone has ever been tricked into viewing

>Shinji
>BAAW I CANT DO IT WHY AM I HERE BAAAW DADDY PLS SAY I'M A GOOD BOY

>Asuka
>LOOK AT ME I CAN DO IT ALL I NEED NO HELP FROM ANYBODY REMEMBER TO LOOK AT ME ME MEEEEEEE

>Rei
>...

x22 or so episode