What are some dubs that didn’t give a shit and were great?

What are some dubs that didn’t give a shit and were great?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1jT0nx-3Qfo
youtube.com/watch?v=K72JDt04kQM
youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs
youtube.com/watch?v=pHNLtZh3g1A
youtube.com/watch?v=3S2bj70ITXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iHzG42u15k4
youtube.com/watch?v=PU_rSOAAnAc
youtube.com/watch?v=h6O-uRSFOrg
youtube.com/watch?v=d_ObyvGNw0I
youtube.com/watch?v=gyeiOE-iekI
youtube.com/watch?v=MwhgHz3Fm3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Samurai Pizza Cats was so good that the creator of the original Japanese version said it was better.

Ghost Stories

Ghost Stories

Ghost Stories is the obvious answer.

Simpsons did it

Ghost stories. Koni-Chan and Ed, Edd & Eddy in latin america. It was insane they say stuff like sex, fag, retard, weed

>Ed, Edd & Eddy in latin america
Wait, what? You mean that what i watched was some crazy bullshit some guy in Miami came up with? Do i have to rewatch the whole thing in English now?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1jT0nx-3Qfo

In the Brazilian Portuguese dub of Fairly Oddparents the voice actor hijacked Cosmo, completely changing his lines about 1/3 times, by making impersonations of kitsch Brazilian TV personalities, singing some non-sequitur or just talking in a deep, sensual voice.

Source, please

I wanna see this

Yep this. Gotta be Ghost Stories

There needs to be more dubs like that

> the voices are perfect
wow

>the creator of the original Japanese version said it was better.

Cool story bro.

The creator of Cowboy Bebop said the same thing. And the creator of Little Witch. And apparently every Japanese creator ever.

This meme needs to end.

space dandy

>Samurai Pizza Cats

You're a faggot with that "the creator said" bullshit, but Samurai Pizza Cats was a legit awesome gag dub.

It's why any sort of remake would never work. The original dub wasn't a translation, but writers watching the show in Japanese and trying to guess the plot while writing jokes. You can't recreate something like that. And the actual Japanese version of the show is boring and unfunny without all the gags of the American version.

>Ctrl + F "Ghost Stories"
>6 results

Fuck it, I'm saying it anyway.
Ghost Stories.

Jessie James Meowth were always the best parts of the show.

Shin-chan and Super Milk-chan

Latin american Koni-Chan was the best at making what they had and just fucking around whit it.

ALRIGHT
OOOH, KEEP IT UP

C'mon, nobody's gonna bring up my man Bobobo?

youtube.com/watch?v=K72JDt04kQM

did you ever see when the creator of cowboy bebop said the CN doodle wall was better

Neo Yokio

Ahh, fuck me.
I just looked into it and it's apparently just a widespread myth. So congrats on calling me out on my bullshit, though it came from an honest place. In all honesty though I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Pizza Cats was pretty good.

Yeah it was great, they made it that way on purpose-sometimes the dub came out before it did in Japan iirc.

Since everyone already said it here's ghost stories:
youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs

Motherfucking ghost storys

Fucking this.

Hell, Guolherme Briggs almost always improve the character.

Latinoamerican EEE was fucking amazing.

Latín American dub of DBZ is the best version of DBZ

>Samurai Pizza Cats
Awesome dub. It really was the prototype for the abridged series that infested youtube a while back.

BR Cosmo, Best Cosmo.

Magestic quints of truth checked.

one piece 4kids dub > original and funimation dub/sub

It's a shitty animu but the soda pop guns make it so bad it's good.

Anyone remember this shit? The snarky British dub was good shit.

It's not, fuck off mexican

>implying dragon ball z isn't shit no matter what dub or sub
>implying despite that the french dub isn't the best

youtube.com/watch?v=pHNLtZh3g1A

Mad Bull 34 is dub kino

I still remember one guy who could copy someone's appearance, but looked really shitty, and tried to jump around the guy he's impersonating while the other's standing still to make Bobobo guess who's who, but he jump kicks both without hesitation.

kino

>We've been discovered!
>it's the Gestapo!!!
Remember when Raimi went to Mexico to work on dubs?

The German dub of Flint Hammerhead somehow got away with tons of swearing.

Thats just a myth Movieblob pushes, but it is a good gag dub.

Same goes for pic related. A damn shame all the Netflix dubs sound like fandub most of the time.
Tatsumaki's voice in OPM was perfect tho.

>Americans can't even try to argue about this one since they only got a butchered shitshow instead of the actual series

Are you implying something bad about the Cardcaptors dub there, shitface? ARE YOU!?

>4kids
>Any good dubs at all

I simultaneously want a Ghost Stories sequel, but understand it can never be properly replicated as we remember it now.

I was so... disappointed that it cancelled the story during the middle of the Tournament saga when the manga continued that saga, and no one has tried to translate those last chapters of the manga

anyone know where I can find translated pages of the manga that takes place after the anime got cancelled?

That was my shit when I was a kid. The villains were so much more entertaining than the good guys. Shouldn't have been surprised that a show where people get drunk on pollen was French.

It would be like trying to rewrite the bible.

but Koni chan worked cause it was already a Goofy over the top comedy Ghost stories wasnt.

I miss that anime so much. I shipped Satsuki and Hajime so fucking hard.

Kirby Right Back at Ya is golden just for giving Dedede a southern accent.

This solely because of Dedede

Japan won't greenlight another season because of terrible sales.

America can't try to continue it, because it'd be like trying to make a sequel to The Room in a completely self-aware direction.

So we just have to enjoy what we got.

>all this animu
>barely any cartoons
well fuck it, I'll go Sup Forums and say Humor Amarillo (Takeshi's Castle)

The Ghost Stories dub is absolutely self-aware.

MORNIN ALREADY?

You underestimate how polite these niggas are.
You could show them your kids fridge drawings and they'd tell you how much better than them they are.
Except kamiya.
Fucking kamiya.

I know, but the original creators weren't. The dub worked so well because it was easy to poke fun at the original version.

Yeah, but the thing it's dubbing over is not.
Gakko no Kaidan tried to be a legit spooky kids' show, and it failed miserably. Trying to make another season of the show that's meant for the gag dub wouldn't work.

If we're doing Sup Forums then I'm posting this.

You guys have no idea how many people repeat exact dialog from this movie.

And pretty much every Simpsons dub is "Matt Groening's favorite."

>The Latin American ghost stories dub was as far as I can tell pretty accurate
>I like it
It wasn't shit and some parts were actually spooky.

the panty & stocking dub was kinda fun

youtube.com/watch?v=3S2bj70ITXQ

The only episode I remember having some legit creepy moments was the one where the girl has to avoid hearing Fur Elise on the piano to avoid getting killed by a curse.

But even that got pretty goofy towards the end. With her straight up being chased by a piano down main-street.

The French dub to Fist of the North Star.
youtube.com/watch?v=iHzG42u15k4
youtube.com/watch?v=PU_rSOAAnAc

I really like the Yu Yu Hakusho dub over the original, although it be biased because I've been watching it almost nonstop for the past couple days

I can't hear Kuwabara any other way after the dub.

I really enjoyed the JoJo dubs.
youtube.com/watch?v=h6O-uRSFOrg
youtube.com/watch?v=d_ObyvGNw0I
youtube.com/watch?v=gyeiOE-iekI

>Vikings mostly live in Minnesota.

Yeah, it wasn't awful, just kind of dull and not very scary most of the time.

Yeah, it wasn't a very good horror show, even for kids - the animation and the ideas were decent, but the pacing was just way off most of the time.
The part where Satsuki is trying to escape the melody in her house is a really good horror scene though. It helps that the dub crew recognized that it actually had some tension going and didn't feel the need to fill it with irreverent quips, which I feel became more of a problem in the later episodes when they got freer reins and stopped giving as much of a fuck.

The dub was at its best when the jokes gave the show a Ghost Busters-ish feeling of zany characters dealing with more-or-less serious threats, but then later on the characters stopped taking the ghosts all that seriously and the ghosts started quipping and sure, it was fun, but it kinda lost something.

URA MESHI

>Tatsumaki's voice in OPM was perfect tho.

True, almost close matching up Aoi Yuuki voice. Although the script lines were kinda questinable, like calling Saitama an idiot(like an attempting in resembling Vegeta calling Goku "insect").

>Ayúdenme me quieren viol--
Jesus Christ, how did they get away with it?

Outlaw star.

How can i help you, King Dedede?

Good fucking lord how did i never hear about this?

I remember some Yu-gi-oh knock off show constantly breaking the fourth wall, now I think it might have just been the dub.

It had some karate girl with huge boobs and the MC wore a purple shirt I think.

Yeah, though I did find it funny when the characters acknowledged how slow they were when they kept repeating the same mistakes.

Like how they would always run back into the haunted school house for one reason or another and then realize how stupid that was after they already sealed themselves inside. Or that they always waited way too long to just look up a solution in the ghost journal from the start.

The French dub of Fist of the North Star

>I remember some Yu-gi-oh knock off show constantly breaking the fourth wall, now I think it might have just been the dub.

Duel Masters. And yeah, it was just the English dub. But they did more than just do a gag translation, they did things like splice in live-action stock footage and all sorts of weird shit.

Honestly, it was an improvement, since Duel Masters was just a generic "kids battling with trading cards" anime and no one would remember it if it hadn't been for the gag dub.

I NEED A MONSTAH TA CLOBBAR THAT DER KIRBY!

Honestly I really like the Canadian dub.
But the American dub for the Boo arc was good.

Yeah, that! I remember a friend of mine actually owning a set of those cards. And I had one of the toys of some helicopter lizard.

The show was pretty fun and definitely unusual.

>Honestly I really like the Canadian dub.

The Ocean dub is my preferred English voice cast for DBZ. Too bad most of the post-Frieza episodes are essentially lost media. I've liked what I've heard, though, even if Kirby Morrow wasn't as good as Ian Corlett as Goku. Least we got to keep Scott McNeil as Piccolo.

I remember this. But it was so long ago that I barely recall anything aside from the plot twist of the protag's companion being an adopted evil bug type. But I do remember not liking it too much as a kid.

Did they ever do that Ocean Dub of Kai they were talking about a few years back?

Holy shit. This looks so familiar.
I'm tripping out over this lost memory.

Cause Kamiya is the best

Still the best

>white man marries white woman
>have two white children
>boy has white name, girl has inexplicably Japanese name because Nelvana didn’t want to spend effort editing “Sakura” out of the cards, but TOTALLY were OK editing out the cute boycrush that Syaoran had for her
>not bad

I bet you love the character of Madison Taylor

Non-latino fag here, can somewhat give a summary of what they're saying. Thanks

How's the Spanish dub of Hey Arnold?

>editing out a heterosexual crush
But why? It's not even lewd or something, he just blushes. I'd think they'd edit out any scenes with that grey-haired faggot before that.

Ghost stories isnt Sup Forums, retards

Neither was the OP image, double retard.

Only parts of that were great. The only great PKMN dub was the 3rd movie, superior to the original.

Danganronpa 3
youtube.com/watch?v=MwhgHz3Fm3o

They're saying gay, faggot, Rolf literally says "Ed boys when is the next ship sailing my flesh ask me sun and sex" Ed says "they're going goin rap.." before May kiss him, also a Gestapo reference for some reason, i mean there episode where the voice actor joke about how Jimmy and Double D sound like flaming faggots to them