Al Ewing

>Best Marvel writer.
>Worst sales.
Why?!

Not even the best. Only good for canon wank.

The diversity he pushes=low sales.

hickman and dd bendis is a lot better

they keep putting him on shitty books. give him something high profile so he can shine... or maybe, just maybe, he's not as good as he's hyped up to be.

He is crap

He looks like Byrne.

He had Avengers books, and he fucked it up

>Avengers
>high profile
holy kek

>Best Marvel writer
That's kind of sad. Like, he's easily as good as Geoff Johns, but Geoff Johns isn't amazing. Also Saladin Ahmed is better if Black Bolt is any indication
I like his work, but yeah, the sort of low-profile books he shines on don't sell well in general.

Duggan is best Marvel writer

Fucked by editorial.
Keep sending his stories offtrack with events, and then don't consider his work canon.

He was good with Posehn. On his own he became a candy-ass writer

Hastings is better

> New Avengers settled in the 25k to 30k
> Ultimates settled around 30k to 35k, ended on around 25k with #12
> Marvel needlessly cans and then relaunches them as USAvengers and Ultimates^2 because they are greedy fuckers
> both below the cancellation line at #3

Relaunching was what killed Ults and his Avengers, really.

It is impossible to do good story in a landscape that got crushed by Cross Over every 6 month.

He got just too many outside problem to handle.
+ Crossover
+ Constant renumber
+ Higher place writer contradicting him.
+ PC Bullshit
+ Lost Kenneth Rocaford and got shitty artist after him. WHY !!!!

Maybe DC will hire him but I don't know how fluent he is on DC stuff.

>Marvel's best writer
Haha the ABSOLUTE state of Ewingfags.
He's consistent, but holy shit his stories are about as boring as can be.

Ultimates was carried HARD by Rocafort's art.
Royals is an absolute clusterfuck too.
His Mighty Avengers thing for SIXIS was pretty good, but the guy is middling at best, boring at worst.

All bs. Other writers still sold with relunached and crossovers

>Bendis
Fuck you

He can't narrate for his life. His dialogue takes away all the immersion of his plots.

Make require approval from a good editor and he'll shine

it was really a bummer going from Gillen's GOAT Loki to Ewing's mediocre stuff

Barely more. Currenlty sale are really in the gutter.
Slot got Spiderman, a title that can't really go below.
On the other hand Ultimate got only B-C listers, it need more stability.

In your eyes, who's the best writer with legit good techniques?

Obscure franco belgian peeps who I can't even appreciate properly because I don't speak frog.

But in the end, writing isn't the only thing you need to make a interesting comic. There's many skills involved, narration, dialogue, design, panneling, artwork, plot, etc, etc. Ewing is appreciated because he has vision and ideas, arguably a rare thing in mainstream comics. he just lacks finesse in some things.

>also hackman
Double fuck you

>Bendis is the worst Marvel writer
>Also the most successful

All bs.

Because sales =/= quality, and he focuses on C and D-listers and pandering to continuityfags. The number of continuityfags and people that like C/D listers is a pretty small number compared to the people that only buy A-listers and have never read any comics but casual bait.

>continuity=good storytelling
Wew.
I appreciate it, but if something needs to be bent or stretched or ignored (like MagXorn stupid shit) for the story. That's ok.

Recon shouldn't be a bad word, writers just need to stop using them badly.

>all these people saying Ewing isn't the best Marvel has
Fuck me. He's not the best writer in the world, that's for sure, but who does Marvel have that is better than him?
Spencer? Fucking Waid? I honestly want you to tell me which currently running Marvel books have better than Ewing

>comic aimed at the most hardcore fans doesn't sell well
Gee, I wonder fucking why.

This is like wondering why 4X games don't sell as well as multiplayer shooters.

Black Bolt
Also Jeff Loveness, though I don't think he's actively writing anything right now.

The only reason Ewing is still working at Marvel is because of his former relantionship with Gillen.
He was almost fired twice, because of the Portugal's Comic con 2016 controversy and his refusal to work with Filipe Andrade.

>the Portugal's Comic con 2016 controversy and his refusal to work with Filipe Andrade
Go on.

because he doesn't write a listers

Ewing was invited to be a guest star in Portugal Comic's con, but Ewing started to act has a diva and insult the people responsible for the event, so they decided to invite Chris Claremont in his place.
Felipe de Andrade was going to be the full artist of the second volume of Ultimates, but Ewing demanded not to work with him, but given his contract, Andrade's worked in the last issue.
He also posts and then deletes hate comments about anything related to Portugal in his twitter: Salvador Sobral winning the eurovision, Ronaldo winning the Ballon D'or, Disappearance of Madeleine McCann and many other examples

Wow, what an asshole.

Is this the start of a hot new Al Ewing Hates Portugal meme?

Do as you wish but you can still find his posts related to Salvador Sobral in his twitter account.

Ewing's Loki really wasn't that bad, and I think it got a lot of stigma simply because it was teen/young adult Loki instead of Old or Kid Loki. I know a lot of people here shit on it without even reading it because they thought it was pandering to Hiddleston fangirls.

Also, Gillen's Loki was only good when he was during JiM. Gillen's YA run was hot garbage.

You mean Ewing didn't want his book cut even shorter than it was going to be anyway because he didn't want it marred by potato art? Good for him for standing up for himself.

Ewing pls

how can someone hate portugal, such a irrelevant village

Best CURRENT marvel writer, user. Not the best theyve had by a long shot.

He doesn't want A-List, he prefers the more obscure shit like Lemire. Of course it means all his shit is doomed to cancellation but that's his choice.

You're not wrong