You fuckers ready for some SANIC?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FpvRaOnslTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wonder if this will spawn a new cartoon series.

I hope its based on sonic boom, just to see the massive amounts of butthurt it would generate. Plus it is a pretty good show.

Boom seems to be on its last legs so maybe.

Here's hopin it's something like Mega Drive

>tfw no more Sonic Boom episodes
feels bad, man

Nah it was confirmed not to be based on Boom forever ago

I unironically like the character and really like Roger Craig Smith and Mike Pollock, so yes. bring on the tism

It's gonna be live-action/CG ala Transformers and Chipmunks, I don't see them reusing the regular voice actors and not celebrities

ok then, who should play sonic the hedgehog

I doubt either Smith or Pollock will be in the movie. Sonic will probably be voiced by some B-list celebrity, while Eggman will be a live action character played by an old actor like John Goodman or Danny Devito.

But there's only one human of note in the entire series.

oh no
oh no no no no no no
forget it, I'm out

youtube.com/watch?v=FpvRaOnslTk

Are you ready for when Sonic is teleported from his world to the crazy concrete jungle of NEW YORK CITY?

As long as Sonic's arms aren't blue, I don't care.

i'd be fine if it was san francisco

Please don't put that thought in my head.

Hi, Christine! :)

>Sonic is teleported to our world
>sees a Sonic restaurant
>"Wow! They have a restaurant named after me?!!"
>Goes and eats a Chillidog there
>That is how he develops a love for Chillidogs

At least it's not Sony

Sonic Boom is too good for us. I wish Sega management and CN fucked with it so much.

oh my fucking god i forgot about that

they are going to do a sponsorship tie-in full stop

my body is ready for live action eggman

I'm holding out hope, IDW could always do something with it since the Sonic Boom comic sold well with Archie.

Sega could still use it too for games.

>cue scene where Sonic and gang are in time square for all the advertisements

Well at least it's not Sony so I don't have to worry about it being Sonic transported to our world...I hope

It makes more sense than a promotional deal with Hooters.

I was born ready.

Now I wonder what will be CWC's reaction.

Depending on the series or game there's more than just Eggman, X has a ton of humans the could use, Unleased has some unmemorable ones, or the could remake the OVA.

Getting real sick and tired of Sonic being whored out everywhere. If there's anything more annoying than a mediocre franchise it's the spamming and whoring out of it.

I don't even know why people praise Sonic in Smash Bros as if it's a big crossover deal. Sonic is a crossover whore to the point it's not even special. Sonic crosses over with Archie, with Sabrina the Witch, with Casper, and no doubt with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when the time comes at IDW. Hell crossing over with My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic is assured since again, Sonic is a crossover WHORE to the point its nothing special to see this mediocre hedgehog around.

If he could? He would also crossover with Squirrel and Hedgehog.

Nobody wants more Sonic Boom. Stop asking for it.

It does really well everywhere outside of America, and only then just because it's on Boomerang.

Maybe only autists don't want it since there are still people complaining about the designs to this very day.

I'm pretty sure the horse show has avoided pretty much all of IDW's crossovers.

Also, if Sega is anything like Toho, we'll rarely ever get to see him cross over with anything; if ever.

I will drive 30 minutes to get an official Sonic The Hedgehog chilidog

Neat

>I don't even know why people praise Sonic in Smash Bros as if it's a big crossover deal.

I't not because it's a crossover it's because it's a crossover with Nintendo, that company they had a fierce rivalry with.

ROLLIN AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND GOT PLACES TO GO GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAINBOW

>legs
and there goes my sides.

What're you talking about? Archie doing the crossovers really isn't the same as Sega using Sonic for stuff.

will it have face capture

>is taken to our world
>realizes his life has been a video game for autists
>30 minute scene of him crying and another 30 minutes of him hyperventilating in panic while he runs at max speed
>final 10 minutes is him running out onto the ocean(because muh super speed) and tiring himself out, sinking into the ocean.
>final 5 seconds is the drowning warning from sonic 2
>credits.

Will they include this scene?

Three words: Sonic Live 2!

To those who know what I'm talking about: Be afraid.

Chris has to be the most reviled sonic character of all time.

Unfortunately it seems SEGA has gone out of their way to avoid a SONIC tie-in. Sonic Boom signed with Del fucking Taco, and then Nintendo promoted one of their Mario & Luigi RPGs with SONIC the chain.

Is the boom hiatus over? Was there an episode on saturday?

Sonic is fuckin' cool and I don't care who I have to fight. It's his fan base that's the problem. I'm not nearly as much a fan as when I was 12, but I still don't think most Sonic games are bad.
06, Boom, and the motion controlled games are the only mainline ones deserving of hate. Everything in-between is just mediocre to great.

Yeah there was.
No good way to see it yet though I think, unless you like guy filming his TV with a camcorder

Black Knight wasn't even that bad, but it really needed to be played with a real controller.

Remember the Metarex saga where Chris was a grown man who got turned into a kid again when he went to Sonic's world because dimensional BS?

How is this franchise still a thing?

Seriously, this goes on the same pile for me as stuff like Digimon, Yu Gi Oh, and so forth: the continued obsession with and viability of Sonic the Hedgehog as a cultural entity is one of the single most mystifying oddities in the world to me.

I mean I like that classic run of Sega Genesis games (and the one Sega CD game) too. They're good. Those were and remain fun, solid 2D platformers. But that's all they are, a couple dozen hours worth of mindless fun. Everything else? The later games, the cartoons, the comics, the crossover games, the straight to video films, the fanfiction, the general fixation on Sonic's "mythos" and "universe" (which is about as dense and worthwhile as Mario's: it may as well not exist, its a flimsy clothesline to hang a few sidescrollers on, there's no "there" there and there never was, etc.), the batshit online obsession, the new theatrical film. All of it. Everything. The whole "phenomenon" as it were. I don't get it. I've never gotten it, I never will.

The character had a decent run of games in the very early goings, but the fact that its had any sort of a life at all beyond that is one of the most singularly inexplicable things about fan culture across and throughout the 2000s. This is a franchise that hasn't produced a single solitary worthwhile piece of content since well before a giant chunk of its present fanbase was even born, or at least cognizant, and yet its become one of the most enduring and heated touchstones of the last couple of generations of geek culture. I think Sonic has inspired a degree of heated, impassioned rage and debate across the internet that sometimes seems roughly comparable to any stated/active religious creed or political platform. That never ceases to utterly baffle and perplex me.

THIS

>guy filming his TV with a camcorder
is that the guy who occasionally laughs and comments thinking he's funny?

Every game easily sells over a million copies and everything it does makes money.

It's Sega's most profitable property next to Phantasy star
What don't you get.

I steer clear of Sonic X but I've seen exactly that part of that episode. Are you saying the Metarex are even worse characters than Thorndyke?

Because it's a good character design

I get why Sega makes them (though a million copies isn't much, MEA sold 3 million in a week and probably will end 5-6 million lifetime, and that was considered a disappointment). What I don't get is why people buy them. And why people are so religiously devoted to the "lore." There's just nothing there.

Sega isn't as big as they were in the 90's, a million is more than enough for smaller developers.

And probably because there's nothing else like them, it's fun to go fast, and with the classic games there's nothing else really like the momentum based gameplay.

Paramount... I thought they were with Sony

I'm looking forward more to CWC's reaction than anything else. Do you think he'll stage mass protests not to see it because Sonic's arms are blue? My God I just realized the amount of potential this has.

>How is this franchise still a thing?
>Seriously, this goes on the same pile for me as stuff like Digimon, Yu Gi Oh, and so forth: the continued obsession with and viability of Sonic the Hedgehog as a cultural entity is one of the single most mystifying oddities in the world to me.

To be fair you could say the same thing about Star Wars, Pokemon, Transformers, TMNT, and pretty much every 20+ year old IP. Enough people like it so it keeps going.

How are they going to make sonic look like he is in the real world?

I move very quickly

What comes after pop-culture? No really. I'm genuinely curious. It feels like we're in the exit stages of pop-culture and it won't be long before the entire thing collapses and implodes on itself.

>danny devito eggman
never knew i wanted this until now

Hopefully we get some new stories across all media after the capeshit bubble bursts and people tire of nostalgia pandering.

MODS!

As far as Sonic games go, they're very cheap to make. Being cartoony they are not graphically intensive games. In fact they're re-using the Hedgehog Engine models for Sonic Forces the latest game in the series. So that should tell you quite a lot. The games are cheap to make and easily break a million units sold on average. So that's all you need.

Stupid kids love shallow shit and Sonic fits the bill. An audience with no standards and a franchise that is far too cheap to make? Easy profit. The problem will be the law of diminishing returns IF people ever collectively decide Sonic is not worth buying.

Are they actually reusing the models? I would have thought they would make higher poly count models to make it more next gen

is that confirmed?

what was it

some user saying forces is using the same models from sonic generations
dunno why they deleted their posts unless they were making shit up and had no source

...Do you not understand what pop culture is?

I've seen Star Wars, for example, produce good media. Or at least media everyone generally agrees is good. Sonic has nothing.

well that's kinda obvious, they've been using the same sonic model since unleashed with very minor changes

GUYS
WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF CULTURE TO POP
WE'RE GONNA HIT PEAK POP CULTURE BY 2020!

Nice game grumps tier opinion.

i don't even know what that is.

>same sonic model
>with changes
aka not the same model
just because it's the same design for the character doesn't make it the same model

i'm saving this pasta

i literally just mean poly count

cof cof sonic mania cof cof

still not the same model

>Sonic has nothing.

>What is Sonic Fangames
>What is Sonic Remixes
>What is good Sonic Fanart
KEK

alright BITCH!!!!!!

>Sonic goes to human world
>Meets human girl
>Human girl is conveniently named Amy
>Movie is a romcom
>No action, eggman is not even there
>The movie is an insight on the human nature and our capabilty to like other races (such as bue hedgehogs)
>Is considered the best movie of the decade
>Wins all oscars
>Goes on to become a symbol of tolerance
>5 years later, zoophilia is legal.

>Sonic literally destroys Nintendo's gaming monopoly
>15 year olds and IGN pretend Sonic was never good.
I swear on me mum

Don't forget:
>Amy is a black, independent woman who needs no male blue hedgehogs
>Tails is the gay friend who gets btfo
>Knuckles is the comic relief

I can see Chris Chan screaming right now

>The Sonic movie was announced before MLP
>MLP's movie is already due while Sonic's has nary a screenshot nor a trailer
I guess you can say he was too slow

the MLP movie was announced way back in 2014 tho, when was this announced

Good lord you sound like an enormous faggot.

the same year actually

do you think they'll make a tie in video game like ratchet and clank did?

Give or take about 5 months earlier

>I hope its based on sonic boom, just to see the massive amounts of butthurt it would generate.
mfw Chris shoots up multiple Gamestops and runs down pedestrians in his car before blowing himself up.

>Nintendo promoted one of their Mario & Luigi RPGs with SONIC the chain.

I want Danny Devito Eggman

Hey at least Sonic's movie will have a chance at sucking less shit or being close to decent. The fuckboys over at /mlp/ read a long MLP comic that was basically the entire script of the movie but drawn and explained. It was absolutely painful.

Also I read somewhere that Marza Animation is involved with the movie, is that true?

That's funny, because I actually watched the movie and it was better than the comic and had scenes not included in it.

Also
>Sonic's movie will have a chance at sucking less shit or being close to decent.
lol